Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864668 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
Guys how much is d application online by naira?thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2014
kemkem30:

Its not stated in my CAS. The award is from a Nigerian university(where I work). I hope I can still use the letter.

Ok but have they paid all the money into your account now or enough to cover fees and maintenance money?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
Chaze85: Guys how much is d application online by naira?thank you

Depends on the card and payment gateway.
Between 85k and 95k
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

Between 85k and 95k

Ok thank u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

How did you pay for school fees?
My start date is 1st of October. I intend to pay in the second week of September.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
justwise:

Ok but have they paid all the money into your account now or enough to cover fees and maintenance money?

The process is on for the payment of 8,231,000naira nextweek. We have done all paper work.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
kemkem30:
My start date is 1st of October. I intend to pay in the second week of September.

That's risky. visa is processed in 3 weeks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

That's risky. visa is processed in 3 weeks
do I have to pay fees to apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
kemkem30:

The process is on for the payment of 8,231,000naira nextweek. We have done all paper work.

You don't really have time for this long process of bit by bit payment and start counting 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
kemkem30:
do I have to pay fees to apply?

Have your school given you a CAS? without the CAS you can't apply for VISA.
How much is your school fees per year? The 8m that would be paid next week might be able to cover that and the maintenance fund.

The thing is that, we're trying to determine if you should submit the sponsorship letter as proof of available funds or you have to get the money in the account, leave it for 28days then submit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 2:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:
Yes, they only need a copy
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

Between 85k and 95k
@ SpikesC, which card and gateway will you recommend? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
gmolen:
@ SpikesC, which card and gateway will you recommend? Thanks.

Mastercard via mastercard gateway
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xkobans: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
Goodday house. Please i want to apply for tier 4 visa for my younger bro. Where do I start from?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

Have your school given you a CAS? without the CAS you can't apply for VISA.
How much is your school fees per year? The 8m that would be paid next week might be able to cover that and the maintenance fund.

The thing is that, we're trying to determine if you should submit the sponsorship letter as proof of available funds or you have to get the money in the account, leave it for 28days then submit.

@justwise @spikesC @donoms
I am really grateful for your help. They wont pay all at once, because ppl may abscond. My school fees is 19150 and maintenance is 820. Now 820x36= 29,520 while 19150x3=57,450. The total is 86,979 GBP. My scholarship in naira is 24,816,000. At the current exchange rate of 280 (oanda is 276) my award in pounds is 88,628. This is still above 86,979.
I am asking if I can use the letter since it is still above my total. I am hoping I can explain using the space for additional info. Please I hope u understand my explanation!
Ps: I have my CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
kemkem30:

@justwise @spikesC @donoms
I am really grateful for your help. They wont pay all at once, because ppl may abscond. My school fees is 19150 and maintenance is 820. Now 820x36= 29,520 while 19150x3=57,450. The total is 86,979 GBP. My scholarship in naira is 24,816,000. At the current exchange rate of 280 (oanda is 276) my award in pounds is 88,628. This is still above 86,979.
I am asking if I can use the letter since it is still above my total. I am hoping I can explain using the space for additional info. Please I hope u understand my explanation!
Ps: I have my CAS

So you haven't gotten a CAS?

You need to show a total of £26,530 for now and that is a little above 7.4M.

So, when the money is paid into your account, pay your school fees in full and leave the rest in that your personal account.
After, 28 days, you apply for Tier4 student general VISA. You don't need the sponsorship letter for the application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2014
xkobans: Goodday house. Please i want to apply for tier 4 visa for my younger bro. Where do I start from?

Get admission, pay your school fees and get your CAS.

Then head here: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/study-visas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

Mastercard via mastercard gateway
I have a GTB master card that I normally use to make payments directly on the website of interest. How exactly do I use the mastercard gateway if it is different from what I have been doing. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
gmolen:
I have a GTB master card that I normally use to make payments directly on the website of interest. How exactly do I use the mastercard gateway if it is different from what I have been doing. Thanks.

Do you have a token?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xkobans: 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

Get admission, pay your school fees and get your CAS.

Then head here: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/study-visas

I've done these,
Gotten admission for him.
Paid fees.
Gotten CAS.
Booked for Tb test aswell.

What next.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

So you haven't gotten a CAS?

You need to show a total of £26,530 for now and that is a little above 7.4M.

So, when the money is paid into your account, pay your school fees in full and leave the rest in that your personal account.
After, 28 days, you apply for Tier4 student general VISA. You don't need the sponsorship letter for the application.
I said I have my CAS already. I was hoping I could use my letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
kemkem30:
I said I have my CAS already. I was hoping I could use my letter.

Good, therefore your school should recognize you as a sponsored student.
You can apply with the sponsorship letter

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
xkobans:

I've done these,
Gotten admission for him.
Paid fees.
Gotten CAS.
Booked for Tb test aswell.

What next.

Go to that link i gave you and read all you need there.
If you have any specific question, then you can ask
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

Do you have a token?
Yes, I do. I have for GTB and Firstbank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by baddoski(m): 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
muami:

Congratulations! That was fast. Where did you apply?

Applied in ikj vfs office
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by baddoski(m): 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2014
chivitech:

COngratulations. That was pretty fast. Please where did you make your application? Ikeja or Abuja?

Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by baddoski(m): 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
gmolen: Greetings great people, please I want to know if I can do my TB test with a photocopy of my passport data page. I have an appointment for 19th August at the Abuja test centre but my passport is unavoidably absent for now. Thanks.

No you can't. On the day I did mine someone tried to do his to he said his Passport was with the American embassy. Told him to bring a written letter from them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Pweety1: 6:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hello Guys(@justwise, @donoms etc), Please I need more assistance in completing my form.

I will list all the parts below

1- Have you been assessed by the sponsor by other means(I don't really understand, because it includes artwork etc, I was assessed using my certificates only)
2- Please indicate how you meet the minimum English lang. requirement(I am using waec eng, don't know the choice to pick)
3- Fees (paid to uk education provider or overseas higher education institution, i don't understand.... pls explain it to me)
4- What original document supplied showing evidence of payment
then this is this part Points Claimed

5- CAS and Maintenance, Total

Kindly assist me... I don't want to fill the form wrongly.

Thank you guys for the usual support
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 6:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
I actually did mine without my passport because my passport was at the south African embassy. I just went with the data page of my passport and the collection slip for my passport collection to prove that I was being honest.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 6:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
So guys I have a really serious issue and I don't know what to do. I applied on the 3rd and after waiting for over a month for my visa to come out, sheffield finally responded to my numerous mails, informing me that they have no record of me applying for visa. This is after I have submitted my application, paid, done my biometrics and my interview and for submitted my supporting documents and waiting for over a month. I am at loss at what to do because I feel like yelling at someone. I need some advice please. I submitted at vi (unfortunately)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nitafavoured: 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
@sachacoleman- Wow, this is really worrying. I think you should go to Teleperformance on Monday, ask them to trace your package (if they've sent it through) and contact UKVI on your behalf. Do you have your reference number?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
gmolen:
Yes, I do. I have for GTB and Firstbank.

Good. You can use the mastercard gateway, it is way cheaper than other gateways.

For GTbank mastercard:

You'll need to get your activation code from the internet portal.
Follow all instructions on that page. It should forward you to mastercard secure code website where you have to do a registration.
After the registration, you should have an activation code and a secure code.

You will be required to use those codes to pay via mastercard gateway

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.