Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864687 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sukber: 10:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
evening house! Want to ask: if visa was issued 2day, can some1 travel to d UK 2-3 weeks after d visa has been issued?
My program start 12th of september, and m thinking of travellin 1st of september.
Is there any consequence? Pls make una advise me oo, abeg!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Pweety1: 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
Thank you so much guys, you've been a lifesaver!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 11:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
sukber: evening house! Want to ask: if visa was issued 2day, can some1 travel to d UK 2-3 weeks after d visa has been issued?
My program start 12th of september, and m thinking of travellin 1st of september.

You can enter the UK a month earlier than your resumption date as long as you course is more than 6 months. So yes, you can travel on the 1st of September, there will be no consequence.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 12:01am On Aug 09, 2014
sukber: evening house! Want to ask: if visa was issued 2day, can some1 travel to d UK 2-3 weeks after d visa has been issued?

If your course is for less than six months, then you can only travel one week before resumption.. for a longer course, you can travel one month before resumption... but make sure you get your calculations right as the course start date stated in your CAS will be used..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by liyahhh: 2:28am On Aug 09, 2014
DonOms:

Okay. All the best.

Hey! I know it's been forever, but I just thought I should update on my outcome since you were offering me advice. I got my visa! I got the decision basically within 1 working day. I had no problem whatsoever with my maintenance funds as I was still able to fall within the £800 a month category as stated in the Tier 4 visa policy guide. smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 2:44am On Aug 09, 2014
liyahhh:

Hey! I know it's been forever, but I just thought I should update on my outcome since you were offering me advice. I got my visa! I got the decision basically within 1 working day. I had no problem whatsoever with my maintenance funds as I was still able to fall within the £800 a month category as stated in the Tier 4 visa policy guide. smiley

I'm very happy for you. I remember the confusion that arose when you asked your question. Congratulations and welcome to the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ruksy: 4:47am On Aug 09, 2014
UWE Frenchay...

sukber:
UWE or Uni Bristol?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ruleogo: 5:21am On Aug 09, 2014
Hello everyone...I posted a comment on this forum sometime ago about been refused uk visa because of a mistake I made and which I sent an email to the effect to correct the mistake but wasn't seen and I was refused on 720(b). I immediately did a review after discussing it here and attached the email I sent to correct the mistakes.now the ukba sent me a mail to state this.
The decision to refuse on this ground is still maintained,but you are welcome to submit a fresh application anytime at the VHS centers.and if You should apply, an attempt to be made to state the previous refusal issues.I can not however guarantee the outcome of your application.
So @justwise and everyone.am I good to go to submit my student visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 5:38am On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

You didn't answer his critical question.

1. Was the total amount of £97,000 stated on the official letter of sponsorship?

2. Was any of them deposited into your account?
I said 94000pounds and yes it was stated. But they used 264naira to a pound and also wrote a naira equivalent of 24,816,000(they are paying in naira). The first installment of 8,231,000naira is still being processed.
with oanda (@276) I got 89,500pounds.
Note: My school fees is 19170 and maintenance is 820.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sukber: 6:19am On Aug 09, 2014
Emmagency:

If your course is for less than six months, then you can only travel one week before resumption.. for a longer course, you can travel one month before resumption... but make sure you get your calculations right as the course start date stated in your CAS will be used..
Thanks Oga emmagency
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sukber: 6:20am On Aug 09, 2014
chivitech:

You can enter the UK a month earlier than your resumption date as long as you course is more than 6 months. So yes, you can travel on the 1st of September, there will be no consequence.
Tanx boss Chivitech
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sukber: 6:26am On Aug 09, 2014
ruksy: UWE Frenchay...

Correct!! Me too, na bristol sure pass. Ben to the city several time. D night life is amazing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2014
Ruleogo: Hello everyone...I posted a comment on this forum sometime ago about been refused uk visa because of a mistake I made and which I sent an email to the effect to correct the mistake but wasn't seen and I was refused on 720(b). I immediately did a review after discussing it here and attached the email I sent to correct the mistakes.now the ukba sent me a mail to state this.
The decision to refuse on this ground is still maintained,but you are welcome to submit a fresh application anytime at the VHS centers.and if You should apply, an attempt to be made to state the previous refusal issues.I can not however guarantee the outcome of your application.

Do you mean 320(7A) or 320(7B)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ruleogo: 8:52am On Aug 09, 2014
Yeah 320(7a)....mixed it up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by baddoski(m): 8:58am On Aug 09, 2014
Hello house applied for my visa on Monday 4/8/2014 and got it issued on Friday just like to thank everyone in this thread for the help.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:03am On Aug 09, 2014
Ruleogo: Hello everyone...I posted a comment on this forum sometime ago about been refused uk visa because of a mistake I made and which I sent an email to the effect to correct the mistake but wasn't seen and I was refused on 720(b). I immediately did a review after discussing it here and attached the email I sent to correct the mistakes.now the ukba sent me a mail to state this.

Ruleogo: Yeah 320(7a)....mixed it up.

You are not good to go, the chances of refusal based on your previous offence is high. Refusal under 320 (7A) carries 10yrs ban.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 9:06am On Aug 09, 2014
Ruleogo: Yeah 320(7a)....mixed it up.

You need to be VERY CLEAR!
Is it 320(7A) or (7B)
There are different meanings and outcome.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by muami(m): 9:16am On Aug 09, 2014
baddoski: Hello house applied for my visa on Monday 4/8/2014 and got it issued on Friday just like to thank everyone in this thread for the help.

Congratulations! That was fast. Where did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 9:51am On Aug 09, 2014
baddoski: Hello house applied for my visa on Monday 4/8/2014 and got it issued on Friday just like to thank everyone in this thread for the help.

COngratulations. That was pretty fast. Please where did you make your application? Ikeja or Abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 9:53am On Aug 09, 2014
liyahhh:

Really? 1 working day? Please where did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
kemkem30:
I said 94000pounds and yes it was stated. But they used 264naira to a pound and also wrote a naira equivalent of 24,816,000(they are paying in naira). The first installment of 8,231,000naira is still being processed.
with oanda (@276) I got 89,500pounds.
Note: My school fees is 19170 and maintenance is 820.

If you have the 28 days to count after money is lodged into your account by TETFund, I will advice you apply as a Tier 4 (General) Student.
That option of applying as (Sponsorship) is used when governments or international organisations will be FULLY sponsoring the applicant. Now, if TETFund states the conversion rate on the Scholarship letter, it may appear as if the sponsorship will not include any currency conversion fluctuation, and you MAY be at the mercy of the ECO and I don't know what might happen.

Oga @Justwise, please look into this and advice accordingly. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
DonOms:

If you have the 28 days to count after money is lodged into your account by TETFund, I will advice you apply as a Tier 4 (General) Student.
That option of applying as (Sponsorship) is used when governments or international organisations will be FULLY sponsoring the applicant. Now, if TETFund states the conversion rate on the Scholarship letter, it may appear as if the sponsorship will not include any currency conversion fluctuation, and you MAY be at the mercy of the ECO and I don't know what might happen.

Oga @Justwise, please look into this and advice accordingly. Thanks.

To start with...who gave the scholarship? TETFund or an organisation or institution funded by TETFund?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 12:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hey guys,
please i need urgent answers. I just got my CAS and i intend to book an appointment for my tb test next week and also begin filling out the application form but before doing so, i want to confirm if i can use a fixed deposit account?. My dad told me that i could use it at first oh now he is telling me that it isnt an account per say that the would take money out of it and put it back the same day some confusing statements like that so he told me that this process is due to be carried out on the account on the 18th of this month. Now im confused as to when to use the bank statement. can i use it before the 18th? and has anyone used a fixed deposit account to apply? how did it work out for you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
royal34: Hey guys,
please i need urgent answers. I just got my CAS and i intend to book an appointment for my tb test next week and also begin filling out the application form but before doing so, i want to confirm if i can use a fixed deposit account?. My dad told me that i could use it at first oh now he is telling me that it isnt an account per say that the would take money out of it and put it back the same day some confusing statements like that so he told me that this process is due to be carried out on the account on the 18th of this month. Now im confused as to when to use the bank statement. can i use it before the 18th? and has anyone used a fixed deposit account to apply? how did it work out for you?

You cannot use a fixed deposit account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
justwise:

To start with...who gave the scholarship? TETFund or an organisation or institution funded by TETFund?
The scholarship (academic staff training and development) is a tetfund program for university staff. We applied through the university. Tetfund approves and the university issues award letter. The entire money has been paid to the university. The university then pays us in installments.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
kemkem30:
The scholarship (academic staff training and development) is a tetfund program for university staff. We applied through the university. Tetfund approves and the university issues award letter. The entire money has been paid to the university. The university then pays us in installments.

Ok, and the scholarship worth ninety three thousand pounds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
Greetings great people, please I want to know if I can do my TB test with a photocopy of my passport data page. I have an appointment for 19th August at the Abuja test centre but my passport is unavoidably absent for now. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
justwise:

Ok, and the scholarship worth ninety three thousand pounds?
94000pounds but they specifically quoted 264naira to 1 pound. they are paying the naira equivalent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
gmolen: Greetings great people, please I want to know if I can do my TB test with a photocopy of my passport data page. I have an appointment for 19th August at the Abuja test centre but my passport is unavoidably absent for now. Thanks.
Yes, they only need a copy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
kemkem30:
94000pounds but they specifically quoted 264naira to 1 pound. they are paying the naira equivalent.

Since the money covers everything and its stated in your CAS why not use the scholarship letter rather than paying the money into your account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
justwise:

Since the money covers everything and its stated in your CAS why not use the scholarship letter rather than paying the money into your account?

Its not stated in my CAS. The award is from a Nigerian university(where I work). I hope I can still use the letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
kemkem30:

Its not stated in my CAS. The award is from a Nigerian university(where I work). I hope I can still use the letter.

How did you pay for school fees?

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.