Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (867008 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
Pweety1: Hello Guys(@justwise, @donoms etc), Please I need more assistance in completing my form.

I will list all the parts below

1- Have you been assessed by the sponsor by other means(I don't really understand, because it includes artwork etc, I was assessed using my certificates only)
2- Please indicate how you meet the minimum English lang. requirement(I am using waec eng, don't know the choice to pick)
3- Fees (paid to uk education provider or overseas higher education institution, i don't understand.... pls explain it to me)
4- What original document supplied showing evidence of payment
then this is this part Points Claimed

5- CAS and Maintenance, Total

Kindly assist me... I don't want to fill the form wrongly.

Thank you guys for the usual support

1. No
2. You've been accessed by your Higher Education Provider and they have determined bla bla bla. I think that's the last option
3. overseas higher education institution
4. Parent bank statement, personal bank statement etc.
5. Cas: 30 points, Maintenance: 10 points, total: 40 points

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
sashacoleman: So guys I have a really serious issue and I don't know what to do. I applied on the 3rd and after waiting for over a month for my visa to come out, sheffield finally responded to my numerous mails, informing me that they have no record of me applying for visa. This is after I have submitted my application, paid, done my biometrics and my interview and for submitted my supporting documents and waiting for over a month. I am at loss at what to do because I feel like yelling at someone. I need some advice please. I submitted at vi (unfortunately)

Jeez, this just got ugly.
I told someone in the general section that those guys are having management issues but he didn't believe me. Tier 4 visa would never take that much time to change status. Mine took 1 month to change status to "package received and waiting to be accessed".

You need to print that email, go to teleperformance and demand an elaborate explanation.
If you don't be a pain in the a$s to them, they won't solve your issue

Really feel sorry for you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 7:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
I've gone there ooo. Was there most of Friday. Will go back there on Monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
sashacoleman: I've gone there ooo. Was there most of Friday. Will go back there on Monday.

What did they say?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 7:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
sashacoleman: I actually did mine without my passport because my passport was at the south African embassy. I just went with the data page of my passport and the collection slip for my passport collection to prove that I was being honest.
Exactly what I intend doing because that is the exact situation I am in now. My passport is still with the SA embassy. Where did you do your TB test, Lagos or Abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
One thing that still bothers me is; is it that UKVI cannot confirm via the online application website if you actually applied and paid online?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 7:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

Good. You can use the mastercard gateway, it is way cheaper than other gateways.

For GTbank mastercard:

You'll need to get your activation code from the internet portal.
Follow all instructions on that page. It should forward you to mastercard secure code website where you have to do a registration.
After the registration, you should have an activation code and a secure code.

You will be required to use those codes to pay via mastercard gateway
Which specific internet portal can I do the registration and so as to have have my activation code and secure code? how do I asses the master card gateway in order to make payment? Sorry for the many questions. I really want to get this thing because that last payment I made online (the transaction was in Pounds Sterling) was not funny at all in terms of the rate. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
gmolen:
Which specific internet portal can I do the registration and so as to have have my activation code and secure code? how do I asses the master card gateway in order to make payment? Sorry for the many questions. I really want to get this thing because that last payment I made online (the transaction was in Pounds Sterling) was not funny at all in terms of the rate. Thanks.

You get your activation code from gtbank online banking portal, then move on as directed.

To pay on the visa4uk website, when they send you to worldpay, you'll have the option to chose between mastercard, visa, paga etc.
Just chose mastercard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 8:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

What did they say?

They showed me proof that it was delivered to sheffield and received, I saw the tracking and my ref. Number. So I asked them what happened. They said they're not sure, but will follow up and will have answers for me on Monday.
I feel so helpless...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
gmolen:
Exactly what I intend doing because that is the exact situation I am in now. My passport is still with the SA embassy. Where did you do your TB test, Lagos or Abuja?

I did my test in Lagos.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC: One thing that still bothers me is; is it that UKVI cannot confirm via the online application website if you actually applied and paid online?

I really don't understand how it works. I really don't. I just can't believe that this is happening.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

You get your activation code from gtbank online banking portal, then move on as directed.

To pay on the visa4uk website, when they send you to worldpay, you'll have the option to chose between mastercard, visa, paga etc.
Just chose mastercard
Ok, I got it now. I already have both codes as they are needed for many online payments and I have been using the master card options since that's the card I use. I had thought it was something a little bit different. Thanks SpikesC for your time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
gmolen:
Ok, I got it now. I already have both codes as they are needed for many online payments and I have been using the master card options since that's the card I use. I had thought it was something a little bit different. Thanks SpikesC for your time.

ok, that's great
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2014
sashacoleman:

They showed me proof that it was delivered to sheffield and received, I saw the tracking and my ref. Number. So I asked them what happened. They said they're not sure, but will follow up and will have answers for me on Monday.
I feel so helpless...

Monday then.
Let's hope it all get sorted out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by liyahhh: 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
chivitech:

Really? 1 working day? Please where did you apply?

I am actually from Central America, i just happened to find this forum and used it since everyone on here is so helpful

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

Monday then.
Let's hope it all get sorted out.

Amen, it's just to pray and hope in God.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Pweety1: 8:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
@spikesC which one since I am using waec

Your sponsor is a Higher Education Institution (HEI), and has made its own assessment of your English laguage ability*
Your sponsor is an HEI, considers you to be a gifted student and has waived the English Language requirement

Then I also want to know if accommodation deposit is part of the accommodation fees paid to sponsor because I already made a deposit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 8:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
Pweety1: @spikesC which one since I am using waec

Your sponsor is a Higher Education Institution (HEI), and has made its own assessment of your English laguage ability*
Your sponsor is an HEI, considers you to be a gifted student and has waived the English Language requirement

In bold
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Pweety1: 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
What about the additional information, can I leave it blank.... sorry guys i'm filling my form trying to avoid errors
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
Pweety1: What about the additional information, can I leave it blank.... sorry guys i'm filling my form trying to avoid errors

Yes you can if there is nothing more you need to explain to the ECO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Pweety1: 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thank you guys, you have all been a lifesaver.

will be back if I have more questions to ask and clarify.

Big hugs

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
Pweety1: @spikesC which one since I am using waec

Then I also want to know if accommodation deposit is part of the accommodation fees paid to sponsor because I already made a deposit

Yes, accomodation deposit is. Remember you have to subtract it from the maintenance money
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 10:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
liyahhh:

I am actually from Central America, i just happened to find this forum and used it since everyone on here is so helpful

Oh, I see. Congratz all the same
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
sashacoleman: So guys I have a really serious issue and I don't know what to do. I applied on the 3rd and after waiting for over a month for my visa to come out, sheffield finally responded to my numerous mails, informing me that they have no record of me applying for visa. This is after I have submitted my application, paid, done my biometrics and my interview and for submitted my supporting documents and waiting for over a month. I am at loss at what to do because I feel like yelling at someone. I need some advice please. I submitted at vi (unfortunately)

This is really really sad.... angry angry First thing first, meet those 'yeye' people at VI..they must provide answers ooh..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 10:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
kemkem30:
do I have to pay fees to apply?

Depends on the school. For most schools, yes. For others, like UCL, no! It depends on what you find in your CAS though or the school's website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 10:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hello all, quick question.. Received the mail on my successful visa application on thursday, but up till now, the status hasn't changed on the http://ukvac-ng.com/ website..

Should I be worried about this??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
Emmagency: Hello all, quick question.. Received the mail on my successful visa application on thursday, but up till now, the status hasn't changed on the http://ukvac-ng.com/ website..

Should I be worried about this??

Don't mind those tracking stuffs. Just go pick up ur visa on monday

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 11:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
spikesC:

Don't mind those tracking stuffs. Just go pick up ur visa on monday

Thanks.. But someone did tell me that I have to receive a text from the Ikeja office first before I can go.. Which sounds reasonable to me...can you confirm this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
Emmagency:

Thanks.. But someone did tell me that I have to receive a text from the Ikeja office first before I can go.. Which sounds reasonable to me...can you confirm this?

If you receive, fine, if you don't, just go pick up ur visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ruksy: 12:08am On Aug 10, 2014
Please o, I am seeing many things and I have become a bit fretful.
I have filled and submitted my application but some answers i supplied are beginning to confuse me.
Okay, for the english language requirement, my school didn't ask me to submit any english language document and I even submitted my ielts cert to them but they didn't put it in my CAS. So in that section, I chose assessment by HEI and english language waived as a result of me being a gifted student. I hope I haven't done wrong there.

Secondly, the part where they asked me of I have been assessed by any other means, I picked 'yes, by academic certificate' as stated on my CAS.

Thirdly, I made a mistake when filling the section where they asked me if I have had any other Visas to the UK . The mistake was in the date. The expiration was supposed to be 06 Apr 2012 but I put 2011 by mistake. I sent a message to the Visa4Uk email to notify them of the mistake, I hope they get to fix it before my appointment time on monday. I was told by a friend that I should tell the people who will interview me.

Should I be worried? Confused much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:49am On Aug 10, 2014
ruksy: Please o, I am seeing many things and I have become a bit fretful.
I have filled and submitted my application but some answers i supplied are beginning to confuse me.
Okay, for the english language requirement, my school didn't ask me to submit any english language document and I even submitted my ielts cert to them but they didn't put it in my CAS. So in that section, I chose assessment by HEI and english language waived as a result of me being a gifted student. I hope I haven't done wrong there.

Secondly, the part where they asked me of I have been assessed by any other means, I picked 'yes, by academic certificate' as stated on my CAS.

Thirdly, I made a mistake when filling the section where they asked me if I have had any other Visas to the UK . The mistake was in the date. The expiration was supposed to be 06 Apr 2012 but I put 2011 by mistake. I sent a message to the Visa4Uk email to notify them of the mistake, I hope they get to fix it before my appointment time on monday. I was told by a friend that I should tell the people who will interview me.

Should I be worried? Confused much.

write a seperate letter, notifying them of the errors, and submit it with your application

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 10, 2014
Hello @ all

@kemkem30, I just want to say congrats on your scholarship! cool
Really awesome.......go ahead and do us proud!

Here is hoping that everyone on here informs people (yeah, our people really dont know) about available scholarships tp Nigerians, esp Masters programmes)
People who otherwise, would have no means of getting quality education in the UK can do so....and may become that "it" factor that we need for a better Nigeria

From,
a disqualified Chevening candidate (2014) lipsrsealed cry

I had high hopes, and my personal statement and all was great tongue (IMO, lol).....I even got the first thank you for applying mail from them, my friend did not.
But I did not know I was meant to apply for 3 DIFFERENT courses in 3 DIFFERENT schools....I applied for same course in 3 different schools
I believe this was was why I got bounced....
Point is, these scholarships are real......I have a friend whose friend got the Chevening last year

A happy week ahead to everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.