Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,568 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864117 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
Chaze85: Hello house,i recieved an approval email last monday,till now my tracking is processed passport is in transit,do u think my passport will be available tomorow monday?

since when has it changed to processed passport is in transit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 10:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
IntroVAT: Hello everyone...

Please the "sponsor" stated here is it my school, or the person sponsoring me?
And where do I get sponsors licence?

Thanks

The sponsor is your school and their licence will be on the CAS document given to you. Its also a string of character (letters and numbers). Its different from the CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 10:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

since when has it changed to processed passport is in transit?

Since Tuesday afternoon,till now it didnt change
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 10:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
Chaze85:

Since Tuesday afternoon,till now it didnt change

Well,i will advise you to give it a try tomorrow and check vfs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

Well,i will advise you to give it a try tomorrow and check vfs

Ok thnxs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
pholareen1:

The sponsor is your school and their licence will be on the CAS document given to you. Its also a string of character (letters and numbers). Its different from the CAS.

Thanks.
But what's the difference between address of sponsor AND address of main site of study?
Isn't it the same thing?

I should fill the same information in both columns?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
IntroVAT:

Thanks.
But what's the difference between address of sponsor AND address of main site of study?
Isn't it the same thing?

I should fill the same information in both columns?

Some schools may have more than one study site, so which means you might have to be studying in one of the campuses. That is your main site of study. But the school's main address is where the administrative building and all are.

If the school has just one study siite, then the main site of study is the same as sponsor's address

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by msRager: 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
paradisewoods:

Please whats sheffield's contact. I will like to mail them too. My application has been spending months at TeleImperformance jatijati

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
Chaze85: Hello house,i recieved an approval email last monday,till now my tracking is processed passport is in transit,do u think my passport will be available tomorow monday?

Definitely likely, it should be there since it's 5 working days now. However, if you can afford the patience and time, you may wait for the tracking status to change before travelling, else, go and pick your passport with faith.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francistayo: 6:51am On Sep 01, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

track it first on vfs website to know the status
,tracking has been it's in transit,d status has been like dat since d Wednesday I received the mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 8:43am On Sep 01, 2014
tobee:

If I remember correctly, u went for interview on Aug 19th

@tobee : eyin boiz badt gan o. Lolz. Dont u see the testimonies of those that submitted on 21st and got their visa 25th . lolz. Anyways thats not the reason for my anger. The reason is that since I submitted my application, my status hasnt changed from appointment, the rest has been red. I ve refreshed and refreshed and refreshed, nothing changed. I was worried and I sent a mail to ukvi last week and I was told they don't have any info yet on my application. So tell me what should I do ? This is my humble logomarchy without logopartia.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2014
Actually i was told that UKBA is trying to withdraw from VFS and all UK visa will be handled by Teleperformance. As at friday last week, no appointment for PBS Tier 4 at Ikeja. But when i checked this morning they are back accepting Tier 4 application.

However, i think this explains the rumour https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nigeria-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-nigeria

kingsilly:

U MUST BE WORKING WITH TELEPERFORMANCE angry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Pweety1: 8:56am On Sep 01, 2014
[quote author=francistayo],tracking has been it's in transit,d status has been like dat since d Wednesday I received the mail.[/quotte]

Good morning People, I submitted my application in Ikeja since on the 15th of August, no sms no mail till now.... Vfs tracking still showing processed passport for the past one week now. Is it advisable to go there today??

@Bambamzzzz What time do they start the collection process and must i show a mail or sms that i was told to come over for collection?

pls respond asap... so that i can find my way there immediately.... Its 3 weeks now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 8:57am On Sep 01, 2014
i suggest you go to their office and explain to them that UKVI said they dont have record of your application. Maybe is still in their office. few years ago when the whole system was manual (pen and paper, no booking or tracking) i think is better, now see what technology has brought us. is it not suppose to make the application simpler and convenient?

paradisewoods:

@tobee : eyin boiz badt gan o. Lolz. Dont u see the testimonies of those that submitted on 21st and got their visa 25th . lolz. Anyways thats not the reason for my anger. The reason is that since I submitted my application, my status hasnt changed from appointment, the rest has been red. I ve refreshed and refreshed and refreshed, nothing changed. I was worried and I sent a mail to ukvi last week and I was told they don't have any info yet on my application. So tell me what should I do ? This is my humble logomarchy without logopartia.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 9:01am On Sep 01, 2014
The whole system of tracking is currently not working for most people, i suggest you go and check, they will only request your collection slip.
[quote author=Pweety1][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Pweety1: 9:08am On Sep 01, 2014
koded1999: The whole system of tracking is currently not working for most people, i suggest you go and check, they will only request your collection slip.

@koded1999 what time do they start collection. Thank you so much for the quick response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 9:11am On Sep 01, 2014
Passport collection is from 10:00 - 16.00

Pweety1:

@koded1999 what time do they start collection. Thank you so much for the quick response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 10:13am On Sep 01, 2014
Hello All...
Please I just saw on the ukba website that only originals of documents are allowed not photocopies.
But my result slip (of first and second semester) which was among the documents I used to secure the admission are scanned copies of the original.
It was scanned to me from Ghana, and the originals are lost. Can I print out the scanned copies? Will it be accepted? Can I explain in the additional information that this happened? The schools contact details are at the bottom of the document incase they need to verify. Will it suffice?

Pls help

Cc justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:00am On Sep 01, 2014
IntroVAT: Hello All...
Please I just saw on the ukba website that only originals of documents are allowed not photocopies.
But my result slip (of first and second semester) which was among the documents I used to secure the admission are scanned copies of the original.
It was scanned to me from Ghana, and the originals are lost. Can I print out the scanned copies? Will it be accepted? Can I explain in the additional information that this happened? The schools contact details are at the bottom of the document incase they need to verify. Will it suffice?

Pls help

Cc justwise

Is that the only photocopy document you have in your package?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 11:07am On Sep 01, 2014
justwise:

Is that the only photocopy document you have in your package?

Yes. It's a coloured scanned copy.
My WAEC is original. That's my only other academic document
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:36am On Sep 01, 2014
IntroVAT:

Yes. It's a coloured scanned copy.
My WAEC is original. That's my only other academic document

Ok then include it and use the blank space to explain the situation to the ECO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 11:42am On Sep 01, 2014
justwise:

Ok then include it and use the blank space to explain the situation to the ECO

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 11:43am On Sep 01, 2014
After waiting for over 23 working days I got my visa denied under the basis of not being a genuine student. I did all that was needed to be done but guess I was just unfortunate. I was called for a second interview after having a successful first. During the second interview, the ECO asked me to state all the course modules which out of 12 I mentioned 6. Surprisingly, receiving my package this morning, he denied me based on the fact I was unable to mention all the modules and he made up his mind I am not a genuine student... This is so sad.. Guys! I intend to reapply asap, what do you suggest...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
Strange! Wat course are you studying, the school name and what is your previous qualification?

Itstyme: After waiting for over 23 working
days I got my visa denied under the basis of not being a genuine student. I did all that was needed to be done but guess I was just unfortunate. I was called for a second interview after having a successful first. During the second interview, the ECO asked me to state all the course modules which out of 12 I mentioned 6. Surprisingly, receiving my package this morning, he denied me based on the fact I was unable to mention all the modules and he made up his mind I am not a genuine student... This is so sad.. Guys! I intend to reapply asap, what do you suggest...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
koded1999: Strange! Wat course are you studying, the school name and what is your previous qualification?

Very strange indeed. Intended program is
Bsc in Computer Science and most recent qualification is an OND in computer science.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 12:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
Itstyme:

Very strange indeed. Intended program is
Bsc in Computer Science and most recent qualification is an OND in computer science.

Where did u apply? Na only justwise fit tell u wetin to do o. But as for me I ll advise an administrative review rather than reapplying
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 12:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Please who was at Teleperformance today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Username2014: 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hi!
I applied for the Tier 4 student visa on 12th August. I have been tracking the progress and the status has not changed from 'your application has been forwarded to British high commission'. I called their contact number 094622200 today repeatedly from 10:30am to 12pm, and I kept getting the response that there was no one available to receive my call.
I'm getting more frustrated than worried now, because I need to be in the UK next week for my course. Please advice. How can I contact them?

Thanks..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
Guys I need help. I am an Indian. I had my video interview on 20th august in India. The interview haven't went well as I was pretty nervous and I am not satisfied with my answers as I haven't answered them in the way I prepared. Most of the answers I gave don't make sense at all.

If the ECO is not satisfied with the answers, will I be refused straight away or I will be given another chance through a second interview ?

Any idea how the refusals work ? They call for second interview and then refuse(if unsatisfactory answers given) or they refuse straight away(without calling for second interview) ?

I just pray I should be called for a second interview.

CC : Justwise and other helpful people here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francistayo: 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

track it first on vfs website to know the status
I'm at the embassy now to collect I was told its part of the batch dey re expecting today dat I shld com bk 3:30pm today or tomorrow by 10am.ill rather wait nd collect today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
Itstyme: After waiting for over 23 working days I got my visa denied under the basis of not being a genuine student. I did all that was needed to be done but guess I was just unfortunate. I was called for a second interview after having a successful first. During the second interview, the ECO asked me to state all the course modules which out of 12 I mentioned 6. Surprisingly, receiving my package this morning, he denied me based on the fact I was unable to mention all the modules and he made up his mind I am not a genuine student... This is so sad.. Guys! I intend to reapply asap, what do you suggest...

Unfortunately, if you are refused as 'not a genuine student' , the ECO can refuse you once again based on the same ground. He will look into the data provided in the next application, very carefully than before for material change. You have to produce the documents, very relevant and you may also give an affidavit, that you will study and leave the country after completion of the course. Get yourself ready for a long face to face interview with the ECO next time.

I don't think we have much time to spend on Administrative Review. If you have then its worth the try.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
santhu123:

Unfortunately, if you are refused as 'not a genuine student' , the ECO can refuse you once again based on the same ground. He will look into the data provided in the next application, very carefully than before for material change. You have to produce the documents, very relevant and you may also give an affidavit, that you will study and leave the country after completion of the course. Get yourself ready for a long face to face interview with the ECO next time.

I don't think we have much time to spend on Administrative Review. If you have then its worth the try.

I have no time for admin review as classes starts on the 29th Sept. I am honestly depressed and I have no distinct idea on what to really do. Admin review will take long hence am looking at replying. @Justwise, SpikeC, DonOms, please I need your expertise on this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.