Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866065 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
Missyrety: @kennyrule, yea v.I.it ws ukvi enquiry that said the decision was made september 4

Most times if you receive that kind of mail, there is high probability you were not given the visa. But dont loose hope yet. You could be fortunate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by queen47: 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hi All, i just got a mail from abuja.visaenquiries that my application has been approved and the visa issued, they aim to return my passport to VAC within 2 working days.

Justwise, this means i have been given visa right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 4:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
pls lets all go there tomorrow
Missyrety: @kennyrule, yea v.I.it ws ukvi enquiry that said the decision was made september 4
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
queen47: Hi All, i just got a mail from abuja.visaenquiries that my application has been approved and the visa issued, they aim to return my passport to VAC within 2 working days.

Yes and congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by queen47: 5:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
justwise:

Yes and congratulations!

Wow! Thank you so much. You know i was called for a second interview at deputy british high commission lagos and i submitted at abuja. I have been worried sick.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyweeves: 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
bumstar1: Last time I went to TP, I heard people that applied on the 1st had started getting their visas.

Btw what does CAS status: USED mean?

Does that mean your application has now been processed.

There must be something we teleperformance people can do, it's ridiculous the amount of time they are taking.

I applied on the 11th of September and i resume school on the 6th of October.

It means the CAS has been used. The school gave you a used CAS and the rule says a CAS can only be used once to apply for a visa.

Simply contact your school and request for a new CAS, then use it to apply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
queen47:

Wow! Thank you so much. You know i was called for a second interview at deputy british high commission lagos and i submitted at abuja. I have been worried sick.

You can stop worrying now and start partying grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
what kind of mail?
crown86:

Most times if you receive that kind of mail, there is high probability you were not given the visa. But dont loose hope yet. You could be fortunate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
lay86: what kind of mail?

That a decision has been made without it stating that your application has been approved and visa issued.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
perfect08:

Inside London borough. U mean I should alter d value on the form?

Dont alter the value on the online form but put the correct answer in the paper form and state the reason in the additional space provided in the paper application form. That it was an oversight on your part for quoting the wrong maintenance fund on the online form. This should settle the matter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
when you make enquiry to know the status of your application they do not tell you if you visa has been approved or not they just tell you your application has been processesd
crown86:

That a decision has been made without it stating that your application has been approved and visa issued.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
lay86: when you make enquiry to know the status of your application they do not tell you if you visa has been approved or not they just tell you your application has been processesd

I thought you said you got a mail and not an inquiry. If it is an inquiry, that is a general response. However, most do normally receive mail if the application is successful confirming the result.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by unistudent1: 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
queen47: Hi All, i just got a mail from abuja.visaenquiries that my application has been approved and the visa issued, they aim to return my passport to VAC within 2 working days.

Hey queen47. What date did you apply? And did you apply at the Abuja VFS or the Abuja Teleperformance?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
kennyweeves:

It means the CAS has been used. The school gave you a used CAS and the rule says a CAS can only be used once to apply for a visa.

Simply contact your school and request for a new CAS, then use it to apply

Nope, the status if the CAS was assigned initially.

I applied on the 11th of September and on the 18th, it was updated to USED.

Most likely cause I used it in the application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Missyrety: 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
@crown86, im not the 1st person to get the email.I filled the form on the enquiry websote wanting to know about my applications status.aome others have gotten such geedback after sending enquiry emails.I know my visa has ben iasued in Jesus namee

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
i agree with you, it has been issued so has mine, i got the same mail, when are you going to teleperformance
Missyrety: @crown86, im not the 1st person to get the email.I filled the form on the enquiry websote wanting to know about my applications status.aome others have gotten such geedback after sending enquiry emails.I know my visa has ben iasued in Jesus namee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikaybee: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Gonna be getting my visa tomorrow....whoops whoops...
Praise God...
Haleluyah.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
what time are you going to Teleperformance office and pls let the forum know how it goes. thank yo
ikaybee: Gonna be getting my visa tomorrow....whoops whoops...
Praise God...
Haleluyah.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
@ crown 86 I maill them and they told me a decison was made I submitted 22nd of august but that doesn't mean ones visa will be refused cause I was called this week on my phone for second interview which means they never touched my application since cause I asked the man that called for interview and he tell. Me dat he just start treating my application so I think the reasone why they didn't tell her that her visa was approved and issues is probably because they never treat it at all and it might be a mistake cause I got the same mail too when I contact them via international enquiries
lay86: what kind of mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikaybee: 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
lay86: what time are you going to Teleperformance office and pls let the forum know how it goes. thank yo

Morning...
Oh sure...
Live report!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Missyrety: 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
@lay86 im goin tomorrow and sure I ll let the forum knw
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Missyrety: 7:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
@lay86 in the morning
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emteecve(m): 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
bumstar1:

Imperial College London
My fellow Imperial student. hope 2 c u dere
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by queen47: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
unistudent1:

Hey queen47. What date did you apply? And did you apply at the Abuja VFS or the Abuja Teleperformance?

I applied on the 12th at abuja vfs, was called on the 17th to come to lagos on the 19th for a face to face interview . Saw an approval email this afternoon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by silouette: 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
All you need to do is write a letter addressed to the The British High Commission explaining the error made and the correct information. After introducing yourself you can draw a table with item number, error and correction columns. Item number is the question number in the visa form printout which you made error in.

Now attach this letter to the back of the print out and you're good to go. Errors were made on my visa form as well and I still ended up getting the study visa. All the best.

perfect08: I'm yet to submit. My interview is scheduled for 23rd September.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
emteecve:

Una be big people
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Pirooo(m): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
crown86:

I dont understan by that you mean by what you get yourself into. Meanwhile, some school do have late enrollment. What is the name of the school so I can advise you better.
I'm smiley
Regards
I meant the usual delay experienced by Teleperformance applicants.
I'm going to University of Manchester.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
Pirooo:
I meant the usual delay experienced by Teleperformance applicants.
I'm going to University of Manchester.
oh University of Manchester. That's a great University but am not certain they do have January intake. Most programmes are for September. However, write a mail to your programme director at the school and explain the situation to him/her.

Then make a request for late enrollment for 12th October 2014.

They should be able to give you a letter. Don't terminate your application yet. What course do you intend to study?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
goldendraco: Hello everyone, please I need your advise. am submitting my application on the 23rd of September, and my school resumes on the 26th of September. I was told I have 10 working days to resume after the school start date. But the problem is my visa processing time is not up to 15 working days, it's shorting two days. What can I do about it as I don't want to be refused based on that.
My school will also resume on 26th of september, though, I have submitted on friday at ikeja. My last date for my course is 10th of Oct. which is also 10 working days. As based on my calculation, by 29th of sept you should know the outcome of the visa and on/before 3rd of oct you should have your visa. If you are sumbitting at ikeja, it is possible to meet up the last date of acceptance for your course. please, which school are you going? I guess, we have similarity.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
silouette: All you need to do is write a letter addressed to the The British High Commission explaining the error made and the correct information. After introducing yourself you can draw a table with item number, error and correction columns. Item number is the question number in the visa form printout which you made error in.

Now attach this letter to the back of the print out and you're good to go. Errors were made on my visa form as well and I still ended up getting the study visa. All the best.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
emteecve:

Nice, have you sorted out accommodation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
guiddoti: My school will also resume on 26th of september, though, I have submitted on friday at ikeja. My last date for my course is 10th of Oct. which is also 10 working days. As based on my calculation, by 29th of sept you should know the outcome of the visa and on/before 3rd of oct you should have your visa. If you are sumbitting at ikeja, it is possible to meet up the last date of acceptance for your course. please, which school are you going? I guess, we have similarity.

Yes, am submitting in ikeja on Tuesday. I pray so, thinking of calling my course department tomorrow to see if they can extend the last resumption date. Am going to university of strathclyde, MSc Advanced Computer Science. And you which school

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.