Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,879 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864137 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
abba22s: Thanks justwise well appreciated....but base on assumptions do u think this season is a busy one?

Its not as busy as summer admission season.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
@justwise sorry for been inquisitive but which city are u at?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abiolaolu0(m): 11:46am On Jan 24, 2013
you need to share room with someone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abiolaolu0(m): 11:50am On Jan 24, 2013
You need to go to your college before they report you to ukba.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
justwise:

If all other documents are ok then you got nothing to worry about, just remember to use the blank space in the application form to remind the ECO about the mistake, don't let him or her see it first.
thanks ahole lot, just wise, God bless. cos Neco officials i approached actually said nufin 2 worry bout, buh u knw the BHC can be funny. thanks 4 the advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kelorm(f): 11:17am On Jan 25, 2013
Somebody shout HALLELUYA. I just got my visa. Thanks justwise and all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
kelorm: Somebody shout HALLELUYA. I just got my visa. Thanks justwise and all

Congratulations.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by afroman23: 1:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
emmy4eve: Good morning all.

Just wanna share my experience and ordeal boarding a qatar airway to london.
we took off from lagos to doha 15th of jan hoping to arrive @ london on the 16th.
my ticket was booked on wakanow.com.

on boarding my final flight, i was given a shocker of my life saying i can't proceed to the uk cos my visa reads 21st as the valid date. i tried persuading them but all yielded to noting. came back to lagos yesterday and was asked to book another flight for 21.

does anyone in the house tink i need contact my agent (wakanow.com) or proceed to buying another ticket?

awaits your response.

cheers.

Hello bro, i will be traveling with Qatar Airways on the 31st of this month, please can you tell me what to expect about their services, i have travelled with Virgin Nigeria back in the days and also Afriqyah in 2010 both to the uk, but never travelled with Qatar Airways so if you can give me any hint on there service i will appreciate it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
I used qatar to the UK and their services were excellent, however, the post that was quoted , I think the fault is from wakanow not qatar. Wakanow likes playing games for their intl flights . My suggestion is buy your ticket yourself from qatar's office at the airport and go along with all your documents
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jt2010: 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
steph7: I used qatar to the UK and their services were excellent, however, the post that was quoted , I think the fault is from wakanow not qatar. Wakanow likes playing games for their intl flights . My suggestion is buy your ticket yourself from qatar's office at the airport and go along with all your documents

Your statement above is totally wrong, the OP said that is visa has a valid date of 21st January, which literary means that the poster can only travel with the said visa starting from 21st of January, so trying to travel with the visa before 21st is the poster wrong doing grin!!! So what is wakanow fault in that matter, abi does the poster have issue with the flight ticket sold to him by wakanow? Answer is NO? Wakanow act base on the information (DEparture date) provide by the poster, so if you think wakanow is at fault in this matter, what about the Nigeria immigration and the airline that screen and allow the poster to board before the poster oversight was discover in qatar!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
Thank God, Thanx every1; Justwise, Skywalker et all for all your help..... I confirmed my visa today and it came out positive.... Will be teavelling 2mao thru BA... See u all soon but na the massive cold dey fear me pass
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 10:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
Good evening. The fault lies with me and the immigration officials. A first time traveller and don't really know i needed to wait till my visa validity date before boarding an aircraft. Lessons learnt and praise God i finally arrived uk on tuesday.

its really cold here but getting adapted and to those coming to newcastle, hmmm be prepared for the cold oooo. no be small fing @ all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 2:37am On Jan 26, 2013
@Skywalker; I will be arriving the UK this weekend ooo... Accommodation is now concern, your hep is needed big time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 26, 2013
please..i learnt ur dependaant cannot apply alongside u,except your studies is sponsored by govt or an academic institution. my point is, can i my spouse apply alongside me acording to the tier4 rules, even when am sponsoring myself. please help house. i learnt d rule came in 2011, how true? please help, kinda urgent abeg
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 26, 2013
jt2010:

Your statement above is totally wrong, the OP said that is visa has a valid date of 21st January, which literary means that the poster can only travel with the said visa starting from 21st of January, so trying to travel with the visa before 21st is the poster wrong doing grin!!! So what is wakanow fault in that matter, abi does the poster have issue with the flight ticket sold to him by wakanow? Answer is NO? Wakanow act base on the information (DEparture date) provide by the poster, so if you think wakanow is at fault in this matter, what about the Nigeria immigration and the airline that screen and allow the poster to board before the poster oversight was discover in qatar!!!
I didn't read the original post, and 2 you have obviously not used wakanow to buy a ticket before. wakanow is not supposed to issue you a ticket before your visa departure date. they always ask for your documents, by issuing a ticket before your visa departure date, they knew the OP will run into trouble. they wanted to chop and go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 26, 2013
emmy4eve: Good evening. The fault lies with me and the immigration officials. A first time traveller and don't really know i needed to wait till my visa validity date before boarding an aircraft. Lessons learnt and praise God i finally arrived uk on tuesday.

its really cold here but getting adapted and to those coming to newcastle, hmmm be prepared for the cold oooo. no be small fing @ all.
Did wakanow, not ask for your documents, before issuing your ticket ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jt2010: 12:30pm On Jan 26, 2013
steph7:
I didn't read the original post, and 2 you have obviously not used wakanow to buy a ticket before. wakanow is not supposed to issue you a ticket before your visa departure date. they always ask for your documents, by issuing a ticket before your visa departure date, they knew the OP will run into trouble. they wanted to chop and go.

You know little or nothing about what you just said now, wakanow is not required to see your visa before selling you a flight ticket!!! I can confidently tell you that the poster did not even know where wakanow office is located, he simply book the flight online and pay without asking question much question about his/her visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2013
jt2010:

You know little or nothing about what you just said now, wakanow is not required to see your visa before selling you a flight ticket!!! I can confidently tell you that the poster did not even know where wakanow office is located, he simply book the flight online and pay without asking question much question about his/her visa.
have you ever used wakanow to book a ticket to the US or UK ? I am sure your answer is No. I have so I know what i am saying. This poster here is at fault too for not looking at the date. It is actually mandatory for wakanow or any other travel agency to check that the buyer of the ticket has the relevant travel documents before issuing a ticket. do your research properly and yes you scan all your documents and mail to them, you do not have to go to their office. Ask any one that has used wakanow for an international journey, I am not talking about Ghana oh!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jt2010: 1:35pm On Jan 26, 2013
steph7: have you ever used wakanow to book a ticket to the US or UK ? I am sure your answer is No. I have so I know what i am saying. This poster here is at fault too for not looking at the date. It is actually mandatory for wakanow or any other travel agency to check that the buyer of the ticket has the relevant travel documents before issuing a ticket. do your research properly and y[b]es you scan all your documents and mail to them, you do not have to go to their office.[/b] Ask any one that has used wakanow for an international journey, I am not talking about Ghana oh!

You are wrong again with this assumption!!! angry grin I have directly make use of wakanow services for quite alot of trips to UK for myself and other friends and family member,even without my presence in Lagos, I constantly purchase ticket from them without showing or scanning any visa or travel documents to them!!! Please enlighten me further with evidence by way of link or website (even if na wakanow), where you get such information that a customer is required to provide its ticket agent scan copy of your visa for an international journey. Some agent may ask for a scan copy of your visa before issuing a flight ticket to avoid such problem as this, but its is not a requirement for now before purchasing of flight ticket!!!

I have one simple question for you, Am sure you are aware that you can purchase your flight ticket directly from some airlines, so in such case, whom do you send your document to or alternatively please provide us here the email address for qatar airline that you have use very email!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 26, 2013
Na u sabi the wakanow , you are using to Uk ?. I used wakanow to purchase last ticket to the Uk and even future don a nairalander here, purchased his ticket through qatar airport office and yes he provided his visa docs. You don't have to lie to prove your point.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jt2010: 2:08pm On Jan 26, 2013
steph7: Na u sabi the wakanow , you are using to Uk ?. I used wakanow to purchase last ticket to the Uk and even future don a nairalander here, purchased his ticket through qatar airport office and yes he provided his visa docs. You don't have to lie to prove your point.

Make I face front before dis girl further insult my person moreundecided The original poster, can confirm if wakanow required a scan copy of his visa!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 2:25pm On Jan 26, 2013
[I was asked to scan my visa page and the receipt of payment issued to me by the bank and which i did as instructed.

Well am a first time traveller and expected my travelling agent to go the scanned document verifying and making sure all is intact even if the so called immigration officers didn't notice.

I was made to sleep @ doha international airport before arriving lagos the following day asking me to purchase another ticket towards my visa valid date.

Lessons learnt and also using the medium to inform first travellers like myself to please check and make useful findings before wasting that huge amount of money.

I arrived the uk on the 22nd and fully settled for lectures on monday.

thanks all. cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
emmy4eve: [I was asked to scan my visa page and the receipt of payment issued to me by the bank and which i did as instructed.

Well am a first time traveller and expected my travelling agent to go the scanned document verifying and making sure all is intact even if the so called immigration officers didn't notice.

I was made to sleep @ doha international airport before arriving lagos the following day asking me to purchase another ticket towards my visa valid date.

Lessons learnt and also using the medium to inform first travellers like myself to please check and make useful findings before wasting that huge amount of money.

I arrived the uk on the 22nd and fully settled for lectures on monday. Welcome to england, the ticket issue is a thing of the past now, good luck in your studies. @ JT2010 I am sure you have read his post now.

thanks all. cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 26, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 3:13pm On Jan 26, 2013
@ steph7 yeah. thanks a bunch. cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 3:19pm On Jan 26, 2013
@ caleb.

Qatar airways reception was good and superb. From the point of boarding all tru wen we landed was well appreciated.

Your arrival time @ doha should be around 11:55 pm and be rest assured that your dinner will be sorted out by them. the departure time for your next flight to the uk will be the next day depending on the time issued by the airline.

cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jt2010: 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
[quote author=steph7][/quote]

Noted but I still hold on to what i have experience from them that I have purchased flight tickets from them on countless occasions and they never asked me to send them any visa document!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 26, 2013
calebo101:

Thanks a lot man, you know man gets anxious doing something for the first time. Arrival time is 11.55pm as you said. What can one do to while away the time during those hours waiting? Is accommodation going to be sorted out by them as well? Thanks man
if you some spare cash, i'll suggest you pay for the onyx lounge, It is quite comfy, plus they have shower facilities and free food and drinks. plus if you are lucky, you may get a space in the dark quiet corners where you can lie down and sleep.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 5:49pm On Jan 26, 2013
@ caleb i guess steph7 just answered ur question. they have a lounge called oryx thats if u can afford it.

nice internet facilities and state of the art amenities.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by afroman23: 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
emmy4eve: @ caleb i guess steph7 just answered ur question. they have a lounge called oryx thats if u can afford it.

nice internet facilities and state of the art amenities.

How many hours was your stop over, what was written on my ticket is 1Hr 50min then straight to manchester.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 27, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.