Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (73423 Views)

Poll: in your opinion, was the slap justified?

Yes: 13% (48 votes)
No: 86% (296 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by swtdarling(f): 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2011
why would pastor eyedepo say she's free to go to hell.does he know what her end would? Does he know what he's own end would be.am SO SICK OF THESE PASTORS!!!!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2011
plaetton:

This is symptomatic of a much broader issue both for our society and for Oyedepo personally.
This is like a coming out of the closet for Oyedepo.He can no longer hide his comtempt for the poor and the week who have made him stupendously rich. He is no longer content with just picking the pockets of his poor and disoriented followers, he has to go a step further by physically abusing and humiliating lthem. This is the highest power trip for a human being. This is the beastly part of man in action. Corruptly acquired Power and money tend to turn men into beasts. He is devolving into his primordial nature.
Since every illness shows some symptoms, I am willing to wager that if we look closely at this man, we might see more instances of violence  and maybe intimate abuse of young women( or maybe boys). Its a patern of behaviour we have seen too often. The results are always the same.
Watch out for more to come.

Interesting theory.

Might I add one more thing. The fact that he did nothing to alleviate the purpoted witch-craft in the girl seem to me he seems to be actually scared of 'winches'. He is a fraud.

A girl said she is a 'winch for christ' you then slap her rather than ask her to explain herself. The girl inadvertently exposed this charlartan as it is expected that a true 'Man of God' should be able to deliver the demons.

As Someone aptly put it, this was not expected and therefore not arranged.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by emmatok(m): 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2011
Lovine:

Lets be sincere to ourselves, if God or His servants refused us deliverance whom shall we go to? A mad man don't need to be sane or have faith before he receives deliverance or what do you think? A witch many a times don't know he is one until he is delivered, so what Oyetepo did was to say he can't be able to deliver the lady so the lady should deliver him. Jesus never refused anyone unless the person has no faith or don't believe. But on the case of this lady she is a witch as she claimed that's means she has no faith and needs the faith of the man of God to deliver her. Faithless generation.

You and that MOG need deliverance from money and man worshiping.

I wish that Lady gets a good lawyer to fight her case and sap some cash out of the MOG.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by agabaI23(m): 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2011
David may have reacted in annoyance because she associated his master with the devil. That shows that he is human like any of us and is still prone to errors.

Have you ever had a devotion or even admired someone strongly? You would understand the emotion that may have followed. If you are not a true christian, you won't understand his action.

He would interpret his action as having slapped the devil and not the vessel.
Jesus said to Peter, get behind me Satan. He was referring to the devil in Peter and not the one he placed a whole lot responsibilities on.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by OmoPastor(m): 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2011
@ emmatok
Just Shut-up there  .

The-same way you people supported Rev.King killing his member in the name of deliverance.

So Oyedepo assault is now justified because he is a MOG.

YOU PEOPLE KNOWS NOTING ABOUT CHRISTIANITY.

JUST FOLLOW FOLLOW.

what has rev king got to do with this video? how can you shut me up simply cos you do not agree with me? guy, express your opinion and stop the abuse. do you think your unguided utterances justify the point you are trying to make. you are very immature in your manner of approach, its very unfortunate  embarassed
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by kokoye(m): 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2011
agabaI23:

David may have reacted in annoyance because she associated his master with the devil. That shows that he is human like any of us and is still prone to errors.

Have you ever had a devotion or even admired someone strongly? You would understand the emotion that may have followed. If you are not a true christian, you won't understand his action.

He would interpret his action as having slapped the devil and not the vessel.
Jesus said to Peter, get behind me Satan. He was referring to the devil in Peter and not the one he placed a whole lot responsibilities on.

There is no excuse for what he did.

He slapped a female . . .end of story.

You can deal with the spirit in her without slapping her.

Abuse. period.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 17, 2011

1 Like

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by emmatok(m): 7:54pm On Dec 17, 2011
OmoPastor:

@ emmatok
what has rev king got to do with this video? how can you shut me up simply cos you do not agree with me? guy, express your opinion and stop the abuse. do you think your unguided utterances justify the point you are trying to make. you are very immature in your manner of approach, its very unfortunate  embarassed

The-same way Rev king assaulted and murder his member all in the name of deliverance.

If you are matured enough you will know that assault is not justified by the bible.

You people are destroying Christianity.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by OmoPastor(m): 7:54pm On Dec 17, 2011
paris10
Shut it Mr. You are as ignorant as the rest of your deluded brainwashed colleagues who are in support of Oyedepo. Don't like fanatics like you. Dn't be overly righteous the Bible says. Rebuke every unrighteousness. But no you won't. You guys have this mentality of touch not my anointed. The Bible wasn't referring to Oyedepo nor you when it says that.

you are a baby o boy, you know nothing at all.
how can you quote from the bible you do not understand. its very evident that you do not understand what you quoted.

anyway, liking me or not is immaterial so keep your likeness to yourself.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by edoyad(m): 7:55pm On Dec 17, 2011
mekaboy:

YOU GUYS DEY TALK ABOUT THE SLAP, WETIN ME DEY TALK ABOUT NA THE BOY WEY DEY ALWAYS THINK OF intimate THINGS, WETIN THEM FIT DO AM TO STOP IT, BECAUSE I DEY THINK OF IT SOMETIMES.  grin grin grin

Me self na the one wey i notice be that iyoo  grin . The poor thing would probably be going through life believing masturbation is " "
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by agabaI23(m): 7:55pm On Dec 17, 2011
kokoye:

There is no excuse for what he did.

He slapped a female  . . .end of story.

You can deal with the spirit in her without slapping her

Abuse. period.
If you all could understand from my post is that I am excusing him, then no stories.

But do you mean that it would've been OK if he had slapped a man ?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by quomo: 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2011
I read all the angry posts with genuine sadness in my heart. Not because of the virulent comments about the Bishop, but because of the barely veiled intolerance of christianity.
Every intelligent being knows that the best way to appraise an issue is to use wisdom or have a first hand experience before you make a decision.
80% of those who pointed to the bible and made reference to Jesus as Prince of Peace, also conveniently 'forget' that He is also the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.
If the Son could be so sold out to the Father, so much as to chase out with wipe, those found trading in the House of God, I wonder why some of you are not saying Jesus assaulted the traders!
This Op is biased and has succeeded in swaying almost all and sundry that has commented.

@ Pato405
Its a well known fact that only cowards call others names. If your game is tight, play and may the best man win! This is a forum and each person has a right to express his perception and opinion. Dont be insultive and condescending where no offence has been given. Try and show a little bit of that restrain and control which you seem to have let to the winds. Intelligent people make polite debates, drop the uncout manner and stop being personal on a public forum. Its childish.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by pato405(m): 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2011
@omo-pastor:

your defence of your pastor lacks substance. it's baseless and irrational. go hide your ugly head in shame. it's people like you who constantly support the oppression of the weak. yes! i'm losing it because it's heart rending to see Nigerians being molested and assaulted at the slightest opportunity by those they entrust their votes to, people they revere, custodians of their safety and security. we see these things all the time on TV. the churches used to be a place of solace and refuge for many poor Nigerians and that, to a large extent explains why there are churches springing up sporadically. standard of living has been made very intolerable but many Nigerians keep praying and believing that 'one day' things will change. in other countries, people react violently for a change (Egypt, Libya, Tunisia e.t.c). however, religion has to a large extent, pacified many Nigerians with hopes and prayers. it's the last thing they are clinging on to. those who give them these hopes on the other hand, capitalise on their naivety  to enrich themselves (as a matter of fact, the man in question has over 4 private jets and a university the average Nigerian cannot afford). as if that is not enough, they have now joined the league of oppressors of the common man by not only stripping them of their meagre income as 'offerings' but are also on the verge of turning churches now to a place of physical assault (beating, slapping,murder, e.t.c - oyedepo, rev.King e.t.c) in the name of deliverance.

omo-pastor, solicitor and advocate of assault and battery. reason before you write and talk. your words show u are less than a baby.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2011
@ Omopastor

Would you allow him to slap someone you hold very dear like that after what she said?

'Winch for Christ'.

Dont you think there might have been a mis-communication and Oyedepo mis-jugded the motives of the girl?

C'mon dude, its not fair.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by OmoPastor(m): 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2011
The-same way Rev king assaulted and murder his member all in the name of deliverance.

If you are matured enough you will know that assault is not justified by the bible.

You people are destroying Christianity.

rev king is not a matter here.
you are right assault is not justified by the bible. but how are we destroying christianity? can anyone destroy christianity? do you know what christianity is? please give me a break, christianity is bigger than any people or peoples and it cannot be stopped cos it did not originate from man!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 17, 2011
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 8:03pm On Dec 17, 2011
quomo:

@ Pato405
Its a well known fact that only cowards call others names. If your game is tight, play and may the best man win! This is a forum and each person has a right to express his perception and opinion. Dont be insultive and condescending where no offence has been given. Try and show a little bit of that restrain and control which you seem to have let to the winds. Intelligent people make polite debates, drop the uncout manner and stop being personal on a public forum. Its childish.

Yes I agree, including Oyedepo for calling the girl a 'foul devil'.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2011
@Dare2think: even your name is a sin to most of the Christian zombies on Nairaland threads. People would call the DEVIL good if he wore a 'I'm a Man of God' t-shirt.

No amount of reasoning would allow these idiots to think otherwise. Their thinking has been ceased, they think they live, yet they exist, an existence that is restricted by the words these men utter. They can't think for themselves, so they attend services to have their laziness serviced. They go fasting while their brains are slowed. They become prayer warriors and wage war on logic.

No where in the Bible did Jesus slap anyone. Else, the woman who was accused of adultery would have received a DIVINE HOLYGHOST INSPIRED slap,

A man becomes a god to you when he can do no wrong, you make excuses for him when he does, and you threaten people who seem to attack him,
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:08pm On Dec 17, 2011
[size=14pt]What has trading got to do with a wish for Jesus or winsh for Jesus in the church?

These  almajiri strand of Christians interpreting biblical verses from their anus need to be schooled.

Any daft that tries to talk bible and misquote a verse deserves to be slapped on the spot. No dulling, eyes wide open.

"Slap go turn to toy, anybody face your hand fit reach, na slap be dat." [/size]
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by kokoye(m): 8:10pm On Dec 17, 2011
agabaI23:

If you all could understand from my post is that I am excusing him, then no stories.

But do you mean that it would've been OK if he had slapped a man ?

You gave possible reasons (with biblical references to support it) why he would think what he did may have been justified.

Hence the reason for my comment.

Yes, he is human. . . but unfortunately, many are influenced or affected by the actions of such poeple. And the so called faithfuls tend to support whatever they do.

He made a mistake.

Man or woman, young or old, it was wrong.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by pato405(m): 8:10pm On Dec 17, 2011
@quomo:

it's not difficult to tell that you are another member of oyedepo's militaristic deliverance church. game? tight? i can't remember telling you i'm competing for any trophy. there is no competition on this forum. since you claim to believe in subjectivity and individual opinion, why criticise my reactions?. Jesus [b]chase[/b] with whips. whom did he flog with the whips? being on bended knees alone is a sign of submission. lets be blunt about these and stop being sentimental. Oyedepo was NOT civilised in what he did. if at all others subsequently gave their lives to Christ on that spot, they did it out of fear and anxiety of not being beaten or 'cut down' by oyedepo. shikena!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by hbrednic: 8:12pm On Dec 17, 2011
FUKKED-UP STUPID YAHOO YAHOO PASTOR.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by mekaboy(m): 8:13pm On Dec 17, 2011
LET GOD BE THE JUDGE- MAKE UNA LET GOD DO THE JUDGEMENT BEFORE UNA GO INCUR CURSE UPON YOURSELVES , EVEN WHEN SAUL WAS MISBEHAVING, DAVID COULD NOT TOUCH HIM, BECAUSE HE WAS ANOINTED BY GOD. SO IF THE MAN IS MISBEHAVING, LET GOD BE THE JUDGE, REMEMBER HE CAN STILL BE ANOINTED AND MISBEHAVE .   IF DEVIL CAN ENTER INSIDE THE GIRL AND USE HER MOUTH TO TALK RUBBISH GOD FIT ENTER THE MAN OF GOD AND USE HIM HAND SLAP DEVIL  grin grin grin grin
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 17, 2011
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by OmoPastor(m): 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2011
@ dare2think
@ Omopastor

Would you allow him to slap someone you hold very dear like that after what she said?

'Winch for Christ'.

Dont you think there might have been a mis-communication and Oyedepo mis-jugded the motives of the girl?

C'mon dude, its not fair.

many people arguing today are only seeing with their physical eyes but does anyone knows what MOG saw fro him to react like that? this is not a matter of being fair or not, its purely spiritual so what you see may not be what he saw!

why do you guys treat spiritual matters with such levity and physicality? life is more than what you see.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 17, 2011
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by quomo: 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2011
@daretothink

I beg to disagree.
This lady came out during an altar call for witches. From her action, it means she knew what she was and what she was doing.
A witch works for the devil and not for God. Each being knows its source.
Its not out of place then to substitute a 'witch' for 'devil' since the devil is their father.
This does not qualify as name calling, its simply stating a fact.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by emmatok(m): 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2011
mekaboy:

LET GOD BE THE JUDGE- MAKE UNA LET GOD DO THE JUDGEMENT BEFORE UNA GO INCUR CURSE UPON YOURSELVES , EVEN WHEN SAUL WAS MISBEHAVING, DAVID COULD NOT TOUCH HIM, BECAUSE HE WAS ANOINTED BY GOD. SO IF THE MAN IS MISBEHAVING, LET GOD BE THE JUDGE, REMEMBER HE CAN STILL BE ANOINTED AND MISBEHAVE .   IF DEVIL CAN ENTER INSIDE THE GIRL AND USE HER MOUTH TO TALK RUBBISH GOD FIT ENTER THE MAN OF GOD AND USE HIM HAND SLAP DEVIL  grin grin grin grin

Sorry Oyedepo is subject to powers(Government,Police and Judges) on earth here.

He must respect the laws of the land. Or else undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by emmatok(m): 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2011
quomo:

@daretothink

I beg to disagree.
This lady came out during an altar call for witches. From her action, it means she knew what she was and what she was doing.
A witch works for the devil and not for God. Each being knows its source.
Its not out of place then to substitute a 'witch' for 'devil' since the devil is their father.
This does not qualify as name calling, its simply stating a fact.

What has human right laws got to do with the Devil or spiritualism.

You still fail to see that his actions criminal.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by agabaI23(m): 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2011
kokoye:

You gave possible reasons (with biblical references to support it) why he would think what he did may have been justified.

Hence the reason for my comment.

Yes, he is human. . . but unfortunately, many are influenced or affected by the actions of such poeple. And the so called faithfuls tend to support whatever they do.

He made a mistake.

Man or woman, young or old, it was wrong.
That's better.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 17, 2011
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 17, 2011
What is it they say about absolute power again? angry

Here, once again, we have clear evidence that Nigeria's tyrannical minority considers no bridge too far, in its quest for complete dominance over society's downtrodden.

This animal farm is way past its sell by date!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Sex Destroyed Me; Took Away My Luck. I Need Help / Man Attacks Bishop Oyedepo On The Pulpit (Video) / Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.