Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! (47528 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by segzicres(m): 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2011
Sagamite:

Next time try and post in English.
no vex i wuz in a hurry
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Sagamite(m): 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2011
segzi cres:

no vex i wuz in a hurry

Ok, bros.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Horus(m): 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2011
Sagamite:

[size=21pt]Cretin !![/size]

Cool down Sagamite, stop shouting.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by whiteroses(f): 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2011
Holy ghost might have controlled his arm to slap her, in national childrens camp when I was a child one leader started praying for us abrakascropo rebebe bibibi bla bla and whack! on one girls face, she started shouting I am a witch please help me daddy help me. I was scared lol
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by jidowu84: 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2011
Artificial Holy spirit in a*ction!!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by bulletG(m): 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2011
Wonders would never cease in our dear country but a melodrama bothering on criminality was recently introduced. I have never been befuddled about the Nigerian mess but the dramatic situation presented by the ever savvy, ambitious and suave businessman cum pastor, in the person of Pastor Oyedepo was another sore show.

Our ever vigilant and dynamic online press have remained the conscience of the nation so far, especially in these perilous times when Nigeria badly cries for a human representation of the same quality. The shame that Nigeria has become is ever manifested on daily basis and no arm of the decadent edifice has lived up to the broom in the ethical and conscience stake. Our political class remains our ever abiding albatross whilst our religious leaders actively partake in the growing shame. As someone once said, the name Nigeria has become a shame to behold.

No politician in Nigeria today is worth the salt, which is the sad truth. No political party is out to redeem the situation, which is another truth Nigerians have to learn. If there is any doubt about the latter, a trip to Lagos State where the might of the state is overbearing against the legitimate aspiration of the citizenry in the boiling issue of the Lekki Toll plaza would convince any doubting Thomas. I have the greatest respect for Pastor David Oyedepo. Not as a man of God but as a good specimen of the Nigerian breed. Here is a savvy and suave business man who knows how to exploit what he has to achieve and consecrate what he desires.

Pastor Oyedepo has built a business empire in the name of a religion. He has through good business sense and unparallel sagacity fed the gullible with the much exploited opium to achieve his material success in life. He remains the first Nigerian man of the robe to purchase a private jet. He is also the first to start the business of private universities. He is sleek and very intelligent. His world-wide business has his children manning the most viable branches overseas. Of course, I am referring to his church branches. He has ensured that even when he is no longer on the stage, the family business would remain solidly within the family confinement.

With all the firsts this suave business man has achieved, it was a surprise to watch a video detailing an unknown quality of this so-called man of God. I watched with mouth aghast! Transparency for Nigeria, in its online edition of 18th December 2011, under the headline: Pastor Oyedepo turned violent on the pulpit, showed a video containing very disturbing contents. (Vide above)

I had always felt that some pastors were too intelligent to be caught partaking in the shame of witch hunting. I had always felt that Helen Ukpabio remained the empress in this unholy game. Little did I know that even the so-called intelligent ones actively took part in this shameful debacle. It is now clear that the whole of Christendom in Nigeria is built on fallacies, extortion and hood-winking. The Helen Ukpabio league actually applies to our so-called men of God, the agents of Mormon keeping the people in perpetual bondage and slavery.

The scene was a typical revival or crusade-like environment common amongst Nigerian Pentecostals. Few girls and boys were kneeling down on the stage in front of Pastor Oyedepo surrounded by his army of body guards and lieutenants. The video started with a girl who claimed to have come from Imo State. The video went as follows:

Pastor: You have been there for how long? (Question apparently in reference to membership of witchcraft).

Girl: I am not a witch. I am a witch for Jesus. My own witch is for Jesus.

Pastor: (Dumbfounded) you are what?!

Girl: I am not a witch. I am a witch for Jesus. My own witch is for Jesus.

Pastor: (Shaking with uncontrolled disbelief and anger) You are a foul devil. Do you know whom you are talking to? Foul devil (this was followed by a very hot slap!!)

Pastor (continued): Where are you from?

Girl: I am from Imo State. I am not a witch. I am a witch for Jesus.

Pastor: Jesus has no witches. You are a devil. You are not set for deliverance and you are free to go to hell.

Pastor moved on to another girl:

Pastor: When did you get in?

Girl 2: I am not a witch but I used to dream that I was with them.

Pastor: Every one of you on this front that speaks a lie, you are cut down. Cut down…

Apart from the comical nature of the whole scenario, which in the words of the late Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, became a “rofo-rofo” argument – “I no be witch, you be witch!” the serious aspect calls for deep introspection. The definitive stance of Nigerian Pentecostalism in ensuring that the congregation admits to a label in order to facilitate the superiority and the power of the clergy calls for a deep review. The serious social implication of being labelled a witch is unimaginable. The stigma is one that pervades every aspect of the victim’s existence, leading to social and economic stigmatization and rejection, deteriorating quality of life, unimaginable vulnerabilities, including the possibility of being killed by a befuddled but outraged society. I was thinking that Pastor David Oyedepo was too suave and sophisticated to be caught in this age-old cheap Christianity stuff, albeit Helen Ukpabio style. Here again, I was proven wrong.

The proprietary or otherwise of ensuring that witches on earth are eliminated for Jesus is beyond me as I am not and has never been a student of theology. Nevertheless, daily knowledge of the Bible and common sense indicates that the whole purpose of Jesus mission on earth was to preach the good news based on love and forgiveness. He did not say based on violence, especially assault. Also, I vividly remember a part of the Holy Bible that states thus: “Judge not, and ye shall not be judged” (Matthew 7:1 and Luke 6:37). What came out of the brief video was a case of criminal assault on the part of Pastor David Oyedepo.

Here was a poor defenceless girl, who was obviously trying to pass a message that was lost in the ambiguities of semantics to a pastor who was either too impatient or too naive to understand what she was trying to say. What she got in return was an unprovoked assault.

The question is must everyone who kneels down in front of a pastor admits to being a witch even if he/she is convinced that she is not? What message was the poor girl trying to pass to the ignorant pastor? Would it have served a better purpose if the pastor had asked the girl for an explanation of what she meant by her unusual statement? Why was the poor girl assaulted by the pastor? Is this case for the Nigerian Police to look into? Every human being has the fundamental right to freedom of religious practice and expression. If it must be stressed very hard here, witchcraft inclusive (if there was ever anything of such). The poor girl from Imo State defiantly stood her ground despite the intimidating presence of Pastor Oyedepo and his unprovoked assault. The story would perhaps have been different if she had admitted to being a witch who meets with colleagues at a defined coven.

Then Pastor Oyedepo would have been happy and the mesmerized congregation would have erupted with abundant shouts of Halleluyah. But the girl from Imo was determined to spoil the show for our garrulous pastor and she got what she did not bargained for, a very hot slap! Even a member of Pastor Oyedepo’s staff was aghast. Please watch the video and see the gentleman’s reaction. His jaw dropped open when the pastor was putting up the show of shame – slapping the poor little girl.

Instances as the type demonstrated by Pastor Oyedepo, would in other climes lead to a very urgent government regulation of the conduct and proceedings of so-called faith revivals or crusades. It would also have led to instant arrest and prosecution of this ignorant pastor. The essence of ensuring that no citizen is harassed or molested in the expression of faith or religious belief would be rigorously pursued and protected. This, unfortunately, is not the case with Nigeria. Nigerian pastors behave as if they are Gods or something very close. They behave as if they are above the law. They show contempt and disrespect to their congregation. The only affection is for the currency that rolls out of the congregation pockets. The Nigerian populace, on its part, has shown an alarming tolerance and unbelievable stupidity in the face of this perfidy. We have continued to clap where we should have frowned at the frivolousness and debased behaviour of the impostors who have mortgaged our collective spirituality.

Pastor David Oyedepo needs to be told in clear terms that he went beyond the confines of civilized behaviour and the etiquettes required of someone occupying his type of office. If there was something he shamelessly committed in that barbaric piece, it was nothing but assault. The poor girl from Imo State deserves an unreserved apology from the powerful and rich Pastor David Oyedepo. Again, I anxiously await the response of the Nigerian community to this video of shame. I await, most especially, the response of our extensive Human Rights community and the legion of non-governmental organisations committed to protecting the rights of Nigerian females. Here is a poor and defenceless girl who was assaulted by a rich and powerful pastor. Her case calls for urgent support to pass home the message of civility even in the conduct of religious programmes. It is either Pastor Oyedepo apologises or is taken to court. There seems to be no other option.

The truth needs to be told that Nigerian Pastors are not Gods. They are mere mortals plainly benefitting from the stupidity of the mesmerized populace. They are charlatans and sycophants who are benefitting immensely from the ignorance of the masses. While we stupidly follow some smart crooks wearing the toga of pastors, the larger world has left us behind, making stupendous progress in the field of science and technology. We boast of the highest number of churches per streets in the world, our social and moral fabrics remain in tatters. Our crime record is monumental while social instability and insecurity remain our abiding bed fellows. The Nigerian socio-political terrace remains a mess, our political leadership tottering from unforgivable indecision to unbelievable corruption whilst promulgation of anti-people policies remains the order of the day. The name Nigerian is not an enamoured piece.

The constitutional role of the Nigeria Police Force comes into play in this debased scenario. A moribund organization mired in endemic corruption and stagnated by lack of efficiency and good will. Naturally, I expected the police to have swung into action unprompted. Video evidences are credible evidences as have been demonstrated in more civilized countries. No doubt, the Nigeria Police do not see anything wrong in the video under discourse. Even if something had been wrong, the personality involved would have created a hindrance. The Nigeria Police Force needs to remove itself from its self-imposed shackles and be more responsive to its responsibilities. A Nigerian citizen has just been assaulted and urgent action is required.

While boiling with indignation on the injustices inherent in this video of shame, once again, from a member of the discredited Nigerian Pentecostal fold, I hasten to add that ultimate justice is in the hands of God, and of course, in that of the Nigerian people. We shall make of our country and of our society whatever we desired it to be. Over to fellow Nigerians!

Dr Olusegun Fakoya
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by fred2265: 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2011
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by omosexy1: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2011
@ Dr Olusegun Fakoya, God bless you. You covered every area. I pray good fellow Nigerians will not allow this topic die a natural death but keep it alive till something is done. As a matter of fact, an editorial should be publish in all national dailies on this. This man called Oyedepo (a.k.a religious fraudster) should acknowledge his mistake and he should be made to pay for it.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by KDULAR: 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2011
10 th page and still counting shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by MeandSum: 1:47am On Dec 22, 2011
Bisijohn:

Free world, you are entitled to your opinion. It doesn't move the man of God whatever comment you post. They once accused Jesus that He was using evil spirit. It is not new, if you say anything against men of God. Except ye repent ,ye shall likewise perish. The message of the cross is foolishness to those who perish.

Bisijohn (by the way, can I call you Bisi?). Never mind I'll call you Bisi anyway. Bisi, F*uck you! When you see the light it would be too late already.

I pity you. By the time you realize you've been wasting your time worshiping a god that never was you'll be too ashamed to come here.
Keep plucking that chicken,
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by kaxqua(m): 3:50am On Dec 22, 2011
When it comes to a man of God, you guys just need 2 be careful with your utterances.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by MeandSum: 4:41am On Dec 22, 2011
kaxqua:

When it comes to a man of God, you guys just need 2 be careful with your utterances.
or what? he'll turn me into a witch?
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by ogaju007(m): 5:56am On Dec 22, 2011
kaxqua:

are you a man of the devil? sshhaaarrraaaappp some of us are free from the fear factor you guys have bee hypnotized with. he is a fraudulent bastard!!! i wish he slapped the girl in uk or us, he will be chasing demons in jail now.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 22, 2011
kaxqua:

Apostle Paul killed and imprisoned many men of God. Unfortunately the reason many are not concerned with their utterances when it comes to these charlatans masquerading as "men of God" is that we cant see any power behind their empty dribble. "Do you know who i am" . . . those are the words of a megalomaniac who now believes his own hype not words inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by ogaju007(m): 6:06am On Dec 22, 2011
hmmn what an IRONY, undecided you go to school yet you beleive in demons grin oyedepo believes in devine healing yet flew wife out of the country for real healing. who is daft? YOU!!!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by kaxqua(m): 7:36am On Dec 22, 2011
Young Men/Ladies, you all have your mouth to talk and brain 2 think, obviously from the way you guys are ranting you believe you are most knowledgeable people in the world quoting bible and doing comparison. I am not a Member of Winners Chapel, but there's something I have come to learn in my christian journey, stay clear of attacking anyone called 'Man of God' FAKE or REAL. You can't in your wildest thinking and imagination know if he is or not, what would you say is your yard stick, WEALTH, UNIVERSITY OR SLAPPING A GIRL . If he is REAL, I promise U, you will regret your statements in no distant future.

One thing you should be bothered about is the ability to be able to discern and know how to go about your own christian race for the ultimate goal which is 'HEAVEN' except you people don't believe in HEAVEN as well, then i would know I have no biz posting a thread with you guys.

ASK FOR THE GRACE TO DICERN, BUT DON'T JUDGE. NA GOD SABI WHO DEY SERVE AM.

This is not fear, its called Wisdom
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 22, 2011
kaxqua:

Young Men/Ladies, you all have your mouth to talk and brain 2 think, obviously from the way you guys are ranting you believe you are most knowledgeable people in the world quoting bible and doing comparison. I am not a Member of Winners Chapel, but there's something I have come to learn in my christian journey, stay clear of attacking anyone called 'Man of God' FAKE or REAL. You can't in your wildest thinking and imagination know if he is or not, what would you say is your yard stick, WEALTH, UNIVERSITY OR SLAPPING A GIRL . If he is REAL, I promise U, you will regret your statements in no distant future.

One thing you should be bothered about is the ability to be able to discern and know how to go about your own christian race for the ultimate goal which is 'HEAVEN' except you people don't believe in HEAVEN as well, then i would know I have no biz posting a thread with you guys.

You, Sir, are an Idiotaa,
Jeremiah 14
11 Then the LORD said to me, “Do not pray for the well-being of this people. 12 Although they fast, I will not listen to their cry; though they offer burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Instead, I will destroy them with the sword, famine and plague.”

13 But I said, “Alas, Sovereign LORD! The prophets keep telling them, ‘You will not see the sword or suffer famine. Indeed, I will give you lasting peace in this place.’”

14 Then the LORD said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries[a] and the delusions of their own minds.

15 Therefore this is what the LORD says about the prophets who are prophesying in my name: I did not send them, yet they are saying, ‘No sword or famine will touch this land.’ Those same prophets will perish by sword and famine.

16 And the people they are prophesying to will be thrown out into the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and sword. There will be no one to bury them, their wives, their sons and their daughters. I will pour out on them the calamity they deserve.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Sagamite(m): 8:31am On Dec 22, 2011
kaxqua:

You are a cretin!

Regret what?

Bloody foool. Moorons that live under superstition and fear.

Fcking ediot!

Maybe that is wisdom from the BSc and MBA from What da heck quack schools!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by tpia5: 11:27am On Dec 22, 2011
Una still dey for oyedepo matter?

E e pe nbe.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by thameamead(f): 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
hmmm!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by dare2think: 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2011
tpia@:

Una still dey for oyedepo matter?

E e pe nbe.

Pathetic!!!

You should be ashamed of yourself. 'E e pen nbe', because the bastar.d did not slap your sister/mother or aunty abi?

Your likes are the ones holding back the progress of Nigeria.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2011
Dare2think, please leave the tilapia to swim in fear and foolishness,

If over 500 comments on this thread and other related threads won't save this fish, nothing else will save it.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Toronto123: 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2011
I have been on this man facebook venting man. You see why domestic violence continues to grow in Nigeria. Most of his follower particularly the men see nothing wrong in what he did.
The witches are always the poor uneducated ones in this country.
Listen, If you don't have Nepa for almost 1 month, ASSU on strike for another 2 months, no job after school, no fuel in the station, no Malaria drug in the hospital, and armed robber attack you on your way to the banks, trust me you will become a witch too. You will begin to see things.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Sagamite(m): 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2011
Toronto123:

I have been on this man facebook venting man. You see why domestic violence continues to grow in Nigeria. Most of his follower particularly the men see nothing wrong in what he did.
The witches are always the poor uneducated ones in this country.
Listen, If you don't have Nepa for almost 1 month, ASSU on strike for another 2 months, no job after school, no fuel in the station, no Malaria drug in the hospital, and armed robber attack you on your way to the banks, trust me you will become a witch too. You will begin to see things.

GBAM!

I was thinking about this a few days ago.

All these moorons that believe in winch, I can bet you if it was their child that was labelled by a "Pastor" as a winch, they will say BS. They will start utilising their BSc and MBA to think and reject such diagnosis. But they are happy for another person's child (usually the under-priviledged) to be labelled winches. It is the "dirty, lower" ones they look down at that they think can be winches.

Wicked, heartless, oppressive, evil, foolish elitists!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by taigee: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2011
@Sagamite
I think u are too rude on this forum.
Its a function of how lowly u esteem urself, and it's a revelation of how frustrated and demented you are.
You shall soon get what u deserve, God will teach u a lesson in a few days how to control you mouth, or is it your fingers on the keyboard.
Don't say i didn't warn u.
U had it coming!
THE FOOL SAYS IN HEART THERE IS NO GOD! FOOL!!!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by tavon(m): 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2011
taigee:

@Sagamite
Its a function of how lowly u esteem urself, and it's a revelation of how frustrated and demented you are.
You shall soon get what u deserve, God will teach u a lesson in a few days how to control you mouth,  or is it your fingers on the keyboard.
U had it coming!
@ taigee

Why are you crying because you cannot win a debate. Is Sagamite getting under your skin. loool. slowpoke. Whoever said there is no God? or is your rouge pastor God?

Go and jump into the river with your threats. Nobody cares. You cannot logically win a debate and u feel pressured and threatened so you have to result to threats? You are a slowpoke.

What is the difference between you and a muslim terrorist threatning people with a bomb in the name of Allah.

bleed OFF
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2011
Where the hell did the idota stagger run off to?
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2011
taigee:

@Sagamite
You shall soon get what u deserve, God will teach u a lesson in a few days how to control you mouth,  or is it your fingers on the keyboard.
U had it coming!

What does it mean to 'say in the heart' you  'morun',
God will teach who a lesson. lmao,
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by ogaju007(m): 7:15pm On Dec 22, 2011
taigee:

@Sagamite
You shall soon get what u deserve, God will teach u a lesson in a few days how to control you mouth, or is it your fingers on the keyboard.
U had it coming!

lol so if people don't share your belief, they are fools?
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Sagamite(m): 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2011
taigee:

@Sagamite
You shall soon get what u deserve, God will teach u a lesson in a few days how to control you mouth,  or is it your fingers on the keyboard.
U had it coming!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are a cretin!

You really think my BSc and MBA is the type that believe in curses, winches and superstition? grin grin grin grin

Am I suppose to be scared with your "warnings"?

May Yemoja suck your life away from you through your balls, you bastard!

May Shango be giving you slaps in your sleep?

Ko ni da fun e! Ori e o pe! Alakori!

Bloody, fcking, hopeless illiterate!

MOORON!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by tpia5: 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2011
dont some people wasting their time on this thread and in religion section, need to be off ogling n.aked women elsewhere?
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Image123(m): 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2011
So this is where they're at? See convulsions, see abuses in the name of Christ and godlessness. See insults and bile, and see grammars. Talk is cheap, go to canaanland if you get mind. Go there, mr and mrs Rich, and tell Oyedepo you're winch for Jesus. He'll slap in your ears and you'll do zilch. Your parents and relatives will still come and ask/beg for their own slap. Frustrated nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Free Sex Is Not Free: A Warning For Guys - Sunday Akanni Moshood / Apostle Suleman Vs Stephanie Otobo: When You Lie Against God's Children / Emma Ifeanyi: "Arthur Eze Will Die, A Governor In Nigeria Will Go Mad"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.