Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? (9757 Views)

Married Woman Stuck With Her Lover In Enugu Hours After Sex / How I Almost Slept With A Married Woman / Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Flashaldrin(m): 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^^ grin grin grin grin

no mind them.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2011
Ha, na wa o. These girls are beginning to get out of hand, anyway someone has said empty barrels make the most noise. I repeat why would a confident person marry if not for societal pressure? You can have kids without getting married, without straffing even. So I would go out with my wife and somebody would have to say something like, ''Goodevening Mr.James, Mrs. Jane!'' come on. Soon they'll say you don't need to live with your husband or something equally ludicrous. It is not by force to get married, why marry and divorce its too much stress, just be single, independent and confident and spare your kids the trauma of a broken home. Fukcc.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Agybabe(f): 6:41am On Dec 26, 2011
As for me, it is not compulsory. There are other things to talk about in a union than surnames. But if you combine the woman's surname with yours at the end nko? Any big deal? Common surname doesn't make couple not to cheat. It is Traditional and cultural but not compulsory on my side.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by adaphik(f): 8:48am On Dec 26, 2011
This is not an issue, at all, If a woman is ready to stay under a man, she ought to be prepared for its requirements otherwise she remains in her fathers house. Simply.
You see the good thing abt life is that we all have a choice.

On the otherhand, I understand there are few exceptions to which a woman might wonna adopt both names for a tangible reason, the decision is solely the couple's to make. If they don't agree, then they split. Simple.
Even the bible says, two cannot work together, except they agree.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by PHIPEX(m): 10:20am On Dec 26, 2011
Make i hear say she wan dey answer her papa name. The next question now will be; is it compulsory to pack to ur husband's house after wedding? Is it compulsory for the children to answer their father's name afterall both the man and the woman contributed equally in creating them? If u like ur papa well well why not remain unmarried in his house. By the way does ur mother answer her maiden name in ur father's house?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by olayanju22(m): 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2011
Am marrying a lady that already shares a last name with me,so she does have to bother abt this.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by deols(f): 7:22pm On Dec 26, 2011
did I hear some pple saying what if he becomes as rich as Dangote? oh, what if I become as rich as Dangote??
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by MrsChima1(f): 3:18am On Dec 27, 2011
It is not a life or death requirement to take someone's surname. You can keep yours or change it. Your life has nothing to do with us.

Last time I have checked women who have kept their maiden name are still alive and happily married. undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Okontami: 7:16pm On Feb 03, 2012
@Poster, dont worry, your time will come. Tell your husband say u no wan change your name. U might end up going to mountains and alafa before u get married. Shame on you , your mates dey marry every Saturdays, u dey here dey form say changing of name na big deal. Go US go see Single Adults ladies (40's and above) wey their Clity don thick like thumb because nobody to grease am. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by Mynd44: 8:03pm On Feb 03, 2012
Interesting
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by obowunmi(m): 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2012
LoL @ Okontami
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? by deols(f): 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2012
donno y ds is such a big deal. I know men who don't care what name she bears.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Ladies On Bikini / My Uncle's Wife Wants Me To Sleep With Her. / This White Girl With Very Big A*ss Is Disturbing The Internet (pictures )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.