Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Building A Large Duplex In Enugu - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Large Duplex In Enugu (63361 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. / Twin Duplex In Aso Rock Villa For Lease In Abuja With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:49am On Jan 14, 2012
more sand

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by princeonx: 4:52am On Jan 14, 2012
@Spyder: about how many blocks did this foundation take? 9" right?
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:55am On Jan 14, 2012
and still more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:03am On Jan 14, 2012
this should bring the number of cement used in this site to 120 already

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:04am On Jan 14, 2012
prince_onx:

@Spyder: about how many blocks did this foundation take? 9" right?

1700 in the average
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:09am On Jan 14, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by princeonx: 5:09am On Jan 14, 2012
^^
na wa oh! This guy will spend some real change filling both that foundation and entire compound. Do you have an idea/estimated cost on filling sand only?
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:14am On Jan 14, 2012
prince_onx:

^^
na wa oh! This guy will spend some real change filling both that foundation and entire compound. Do you have an idea/estimated cost on filling sand only?

work still in progress
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:21am On Jan 14, 2012
pay loader pays a visit

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:30am On Jan 14, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:33am On Jan 14, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:41am On Jan 14, 2012
we are putting up a fence at the back of the property.

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:25am On Jan 14, 2012
More fence works, more filling of the foundation going on here.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by sixtus4: 10:27am On Jan 14, 2012
Good work keep it up
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by steo: 1:03pm On Jan 14, 2012
Its not easy with all these filling sand oh. I remember using 30 trips of 20tones filling sand for my foundation and today no external body can tell how much is berried there.

May the owner of these property not run out of fund, and good job the spyder team.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by diordaves(m): 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2012
Serious stuff! Spyder880, for your client to be ready to bring such fire-power (finance) to bear on the land to make it safe, stable and hence habitable must mean the location is extra-ordinary. A mental projection of funds needed to make the site safe and stable could match same fund needed for a portable bungalow.

So if its not asking too much Spyder880, could you please run us through the socio-economic decision(s) your client must have made in arriving at the decision to buy into such a challenging landscape. Or is the whole of Enugu like this, so he (client) had no choice? Is there also area youths challenges to compound issues or the location is area youths wahala free?

Do well to be very attentive and pay extra attention to every detail. In such a challenging landscape, a momentary eye off the ball could lead to mistake(s) which could be structurally and financially very costly to rectify. Well done.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by sixtus4: 1:40pm On Jan 14, 2012
To be honest,the cost of clearing the site,filling foundation can erect another big manson.I pray for your client to be up and doing in th making this project,till the end.There are many special advicer every where,even that will try to play game.I am talking from experience.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2012
I must say its not easy, the financial commitments needed to safeguard this structure is very big but this location is sweet. Near to major roads but nestling in very cool areas devoid of noise. Good road network going on in the area and possibility of getting water in the near future. Whatever is put in this land is justified by all the other qualities inherent.
Community youths were here as soon as we started, they stopped us from working for more than 5 hours till we agreed with them. We settled them with 100k and obtained an invoice. They will never come to this site again till we finish. We intend to fasten the whole process in the coming days, if all thing being equal, we should be talking with the guys decking this house by this time next week. We want this house to be finished as soon as we can so we can satisfy other clients.

We are still filling the foundations but all other plans are ongoing, blocks and rods for the ground floor is being offloaded as I type this. We may stock as much as 2000 blocks and keep all the rods for the lintels/pillars around. My workers are warming up to do more work.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by oyewole123: 3:03pm On Jan 14, 2012
@ spyder880
I sent a text message to u yesterday regarding a job, am yet to see ur reply
Pls do respond
Thanks
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2012
^^^ I must have missed it somehow because I have replied all the messages in my inbox. Did you say text message or do you mean mail? I will go back and look agiain now.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by oyewole123: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2012
It was a text message to ur phone because I could not find your email in any of your post but it will be nice if you can send ur email it to my box too - jimmyakins@ymail.com
Thanks
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Jussi(m): 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2012
^^^
@ Oyewole123

You need to sign in with your NL user ID in order to view Spyder's or anyone's details. In the case of Spyder, you will find them right under his username (email etc) and at the bottom (phone number, BB pin) of all his posts.

Hope this would help ,
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2012
^^^ Thank you Jussi, how business sir?
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by oyewole123: 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2012
Thanks guys
Seen d email now- my oversight, pardon me
Cheers
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 7:18pm On Jan 14, 2012
Nice
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Jussi(m): 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2012
Oga Spyder

We are trusting God in this brand new year. He is watching over us all.
Ride on bros, you have done very well
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2012
^^^^ Thank you sir, you support is responsible for any little thing we achieve.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by cinzo: 8:34pm On Jan 14, 2012
@spyder880, pls which is the best PVC to use for ceiling? Made in Nigeria or imported? Cos am a bit confused as to which to buy.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2012
Some updates, more materials arriving

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:25pm On Jan 14, 2012
more blocks

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:30pm On Jan 14, 2012
more rods

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? / How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / How Much Is Your House Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.