Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,116 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? (20354 Views)

Breaking: Fuel Now #57(Buhari Is Working) / Video: Fuel Tankers Leaving Ubah's Capital Oil Depot To Distribute Fuel Now / Calabar – A Liter Of Fuel Now Sells For N250 In Some Part (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by aljharem3: 3:34am On Jan 02, 2012
LOL nairaland funny o grin grin grin grin

all4naija:

That will always happen. The distributors will always have that initial increase in profit as long as they have reserves from earlier purchases when it's relatively subsidized.

so what of the deregulation process ? no word or you just read the first bit

all4naija:

Wake up from your slumber and stop complicating issues. Learn to be a solution than being a problem.

I think you and ur silly government should wake up for there slumber after 51 years

The solution has always been clear from day 1

1. reduce the cost of goverance which is 70 % of Nigerian's income

2. use the savings to build refinaries to provide 80 % of the country's oil need

3. The remove subsidy and price of Refinary fuel would be less than 65 naira a liter instead of increasing to 142 naira a liter.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 02, 2012
alj_harem:

I think you and your silly government should wake up for there slumber after 51 years

2. use the savings to build refinaries to provide 80 % of the country's oil need

3. The remove subsidy and price of Refinary fuel would be less than 65 naira a liter instead of increasing to 142 naira a liter.

Common, wake up, This is Nigeria! The government would rather you paid more instead of going the way you have highlighted, And think about it, why not?? Nigerians are very docile, so they will continue to butt phuck Nigerians as long as they can.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 3:38am On Jan 02, 2012
I will invoke the words of Fela, SHUFFER SHUFFER AND SHMILING,
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by aljharem3: 3:40am On Jan 02, 2012
engineerd:

Common, wake up, This is Nigeria! The government would rather you paid more instead of going the way you have highlighted, And think about it, why not?? Nigerians are very docile, so they will continue to butt phuck Nigerians as long as they can.

you are very right

a beg make we buy bread tomorrow for 800 naira-1000 naira cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool cool

and cola for 150-200 naira for 50 ml bottle cool
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 3:46am On Jan 02, 2012
alj_harem:

I think you and your silly government should wake up for there slumber after 51 years

That is coming from the distributors and there is not so much difference because it can not exceed the 145 naira in a nutshell. That doesn't change anything. You just want to exert that to make a fool of the subsidy removal.

lol @ your statistic. I am not defending the corrupt govt.but the economy. Your statistic is nauseating. It is easy to put them up in percentage and yours are  appalling to say the least.

GOVT. DON'T NEED TO BUILD REFENERIES LEAVE THAT TO THE PRIVATE SECTORS. NNPC IS A FAILED GOVT CORPORATION AND EVERYTHING GOVT IN NIGERIA IS NOT WELL MANAGED. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FORMER REFINERIES?

Low cost of fuel is what is plaguing the country of hoarding, scarcity of it,etc.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 02, 2012
all4naija:

That is coming from the distributors and there is not so much difference because it can not exceed the 145 naira in a nutshell. That doesn't change anything. You just want to exert that to make a fool of the subsidy removal.

lol @ your statistic. I am not defending the corrupt govt.but the economy. Your statistic is nauseating. It is easy to put them up in percentage and yours are  appalling to say the least.

Whether his statistics are right or not, it doesn't matter. The point is, the government has taken an easy way out rather than tackle the main problem which is corruption! Removing Oil subsidy will not affect these Nuisances governing Nigeria, but will have a domino effect in making the lives of the common man much more difficult than it already is. Nigeria is Hell on earth, it doesn't get worse.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 3:53am On Jan 02, 2012
This thing is just paining me, how will people take care of their families?? The fact that Oil prices has more than doubled will also double the cost of food, transport etc, Chei, Nigeria and its people, i weep for thee!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Rhino5dm: 3:53am On Jan 02, 2012
Its amazes me how Nigerians can be complaining about policy that will see them enjoying the more. I think most people on this thread are ignorant of the facts that fuel subsidy grants is goning to be injected in building more refineris, good roads, increase power supply,building of new schools and what not, fighting Boko Haram for our collective security.

BTW, i think 160/Liters is meager compare to what is obtained else where. Ghaninas have started seeing the benefits of deregulation. I pray  GEJ have the strenght to reel out more audacious policies for the benefits of the masses. Amen

God bless, GEJ and our humble party PDP.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 3:55am On Jan 02, 2012
engineerd:

Whether his statistics are right or not, it doesn't matter. The point is, the government has taken an easy way out rather than tackle the main problem which is corruption! Removing Oil subsidy will not affect these Nuisances governing Nigeria, but will have a domino effect in making the lives of the common man much more difficult than it already is. Nigeria is Hell on earth, it doesn't get worse.
Please, stop looking at things from a failing side. What makes you think this subsidy is not necessary in this global financial depression? It is part of the corruption - few are only benefiting from it. Let's remove it for a start because it is obvious that if left unchecked it might lead to the nation defaulting.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Rhino5dm: 3:56am On Jan 02, 2012
Bros, no time for whinig. Just pray that God this administration strenght to make Nigerians better by reeling out more brave policies for the common man.

engineerd:

This thing is just paining me, how will people take care of their families?? The fact that Oil prices has more than doubled will also double the cost of food, transport etc, Chei, Nigeria and its people, i weep for thee!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by aljharem3: 3:56am On Jan 02, 2012
all4naija:

LOL grin grin grin I am sorry do you even understand how the "theives" make their money or I am just discussing with a clueless brother.

A subsidy thief in Nigeria is a distributor and a supplier and an exporter and importer and a reservoir owner.

He is a distributor because he owns fuel stations, and shares in some privately own stations

He is a supplier because he supply's NNPC the needed fuel they need every week since they cannot store

He is an exporter since he gets the crude oil and export it to be refined in other countries

He is an importer since he imports the refined crude oil which the major sum of the subsidy is paid for at the ports.

He is a reservoir owner since he stores for NNPC and gives it to them at a lower amount since petrol evaporates.

well what do i expect for Nigerians they never understand what there government is doing but sheeplly follow. Brother allnija, carry on cool

I day I would benefit for fuel in Nigeria since we have silly nigerians such as urself. Yes i said it, I would manipulate una if I get there as well since una no get brains. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by dayokanu(m): 4:01am On Jan 02, 2012
Enjoy your fresh air that you voted for
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 4:03am On Jan 02, 2012
^^^
That's not funny! I know who you are indirectly referring to here - that's OAndo. But, he can't sell more than 200 Naira yet the subsidy is no longer for him and his cohort to share any more because the economy will be a red light on that. You are blowing this issue out of proportion. I am not an economist but I know there can be something good coming out of this plan if well done.

This is not a Nigerian case,dude. It's not peculiar to Nigeria only - just to correct you.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by aljharem3: 4:10am On Jan 02, 2012
all4naija:

^^^
That's not funny! I know who you are indirectly referring to here - that's OAndo. But, he can't sell more than 200 Naira yet the subsidy is no longer for him and his cohort to share any more because the economy will be a red light on that. You are blowing this issue out of proportion. I am not an economist but I know there can be something good coming out of this plan if well done.

T[b]his is not a Nigerian case,dude. It's not peculiar to Nigeria only - just to correct you.[/b]

please tell me what other country. i beg you and I would show you it is only nigeria cool
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by jpphilips(m): 4:13am On Jan 02, 2012
and we take this? subsidy or no subsidy is a lose lose situation for us, jonathan do what oil and gas experts told you
God has given us a pump price of less than 25naira per litre, we dont need your subsidy it destroys the economy.
Npdc after 23years should guarantee our local production capacity which will bring cheap crude to the market.
subsidy is a monster to cover up ur ineptitude, now that it is obvious you can no longer maintain the subsidy regime coupled with the fact you swore to your deities that you wont fight corruption.
take your subsidy give us a local production capacity. all the oil companies produce crude at less than 12usd/barell,
investors will refine it and guarantee a pump price of less than 30naira.
subsidy is the biggest scam in Nigeria's oil and gas history, local production capacity is the way to go.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by kayoday(m): 4:16am On Jan 02, 2012
Govt all over the world subsidize one item or the other. Wetin our govt dey subsidize?. Whatsup with the bailout fund for textile industry?
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 4:20am On Jan 02, 2012
well oh well, i ain't no internet warrior , so my opinion won't change a darn thing, Nigerians have to decide for themselves if they will accept this new development. God deliver that country, cause in all honesty, i have lost hope in the current leaders and the younger and up-coming generation have even mastered and remixed the art of corruption.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by aljharem3: 4:21am On Jan 02, 2012
jp philips:

and we take this? subsidy or no subsidy is a lose lose situation for us, jonathan do what oil and gas experts told you
God has given us a pump price of less than 25naira per litre, we dont need your subsidy it destroys the economy.
Npdc after 23years should guarantee our local production capacity which will bring cheap crude to the market.
subsidy is a monster to cover up your ineptitude, now that it is obvious you can no longer maintain the subsidy regime coupled with the fact you swore to your deities that you wont fight corruption.
take your subsidy give us a local production capacity. all the oil companies produce crude at less than 12usd/barell,
investors will refine it and guarantee a pump price of less than 30naira.
subsidy is the biggest scam in Nigeria's oil and gas history, local production capacity is the way to go.

you understand cool cool

aramco is 5 dollars a barrel ,,.,.,.,.,, 1 barrel = 159 liters

enjoy fresh air grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 4:22am On Jan 02, 2012
^^^
Didn't somebody just mentioned Ghana? http://allafrica.com/stories/201112300791.html

It has happened in Indonesia before in 1999.

Also was planned for Libya : [url]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/24576-%E2%80%98removal-of-fuel-subsidy-could-trigger-libya-like-revolt%E2%80%99.html[/url]

There is nothing I can say but if we think subsidy is not a problem to Nigerian economy then we need to think again.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:25am On Jan 02, 2012
May be this will get alot of the junk or death trap people ride around in off the streets and reduce the number of road accident casualty from cheap fuel. Everyone in Nigeria is driving becos it is affordable.

Besides in the UK we have congestion charging, to reduce the number of motorist and pollution. Nigeria motorist nad polllution need reduction too. GEJ is simply too good.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by aljharem3: 4:30am On Jan 02, 2012
all4naija:

^^^
Didn't somebody just mentioned Ghana? http://allafrica.com/stories/201112300791.html

It has happened in Indonesia before in 1999.

Also was planned for Libya : [url]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/24576-%E2%80%98removal-of-fuel-subsidy-could-trigger-libya-like-revolt%E2%80%99.html[/url]

There is nothing I can say but if we think subsidy is not a problem to Nigerian economy then we need to think again.

just as i predicted. lol grin grin grin grin

so Ghana is not building her refinary ?

or is Ghana currency not stronger than Nigerian's now and the standard of living better now ?

Indonisa economy is not dependent on oil angry

Libya is controlled by IMF aka America by using a puppet government. This would never have happened with Gaddaff

liyba does not have fuel subsidy, don't be decieved. Libya has refinaries so what would they use a subsidy for ?

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin well since u are comparing gahan indonisa to nigeria , i don't really know what to say

Nigeria prices are based on price of petrol

ghana and indonisa are different. Infact ghana just discovered theirs

indonisa economy is based on palm oil and cocoa.

libya does NOT HAVE SUBSIDY at the first place sad
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 4:30am On Jan 02, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

May be this will get alot of the junk or death trap people ride around in off the streets and reduce the number of road accident casualty from cheap fuel. Everyone  in Nigeria is driving becos it is affordable.

Besides in the UK we have congestion charging, to reduce the number of motorist and pollution. Nigeria motorist nad polllution need reduction too. GEJ is simply too good.

Do you know the domino effect this will have? Public transportation fare will be hiked, cost of food will be hiked etc.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by aljharem3: 4:32am On Jan 02, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

May be this will get alot of the junk or death trap people ride around in off the streets and reduce the number of road accident casualty from cheap fuel. Everyone  in Nigeria is driving becos it is affordable.

do you know what conjestion charge is ? and how it works ?

where is conjested apart from lagos that conjestion charge would apply ?

YES OUR NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT WOULD USE THAT MONEY TO GOOD USE BY BUILDING ROADS, SCHOOLS ,ETC

LOL
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by mikelangs(m): 4:32am On Jan 02, 2012
Am even suprise hw some crazy dudes support the subsidy removal and they still searching 4 jobs!!! the money government spends is xtraordinary! I dnt even tink there anytin like fuel subsidy ever since! GEJ has been fooled by foolish advisers!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by silibaba: 4:33am On Jan 02, 2012
God pls come to our rescue sad sad
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 4:33am On Jan 02, 2012
And come to think about it, Its a pity we have to depend on Oil to "rescue" the economy, That means we are extremely useless as a people when it comes to Human Resources, The Oil will soon dry up one day init??
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 02, 2012
alj_harem:

you understand cool cool

aramco is 5 dollars a barrel ,,.,.,.,.,,  1 barrel = 159 liters

enjoy fresh air grin grin grin
Your statistic is funny. That is about 10 million dollars per a day and govt spend over 1.4 billion dollars in month to import fuel this year alone through subsidy. Jeez!

Local production which you are going to wait for years for it to come into place, not only that where the money will come from and the management is not guaranteed. Why not leave the construction of refineries to private sectors and use the subsidy money to procure other infrastructural development?
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 02, 2012
engineerd:

And come to think about it, Its a pity we have to depend on Oil to "rescue" the economy, That means we are extremely useless as a people when it comes to Human Resources, The Oil will soon dry up one day init??
Thank you dude! That's the picture, the very reason that everybody is crying when it is now bearing more weight of the expanding economy relying on oil. Then subsidy would have to be sacrificed!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 4:37am On Jan 02, 2012
It is not ending there. Nigeria needs to quickly start using this money to diversified its economy before it is to late.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by IIKOTECH(m): 4:57am On Jan 02, 2012
In Britain there is free health care.
In the US only about 13milion people is not covered by health insurance
In Canada there is free health care and  most other developed
countries in the world plus other important benefits they get from their govt.
Most of these countries if not all have free education to at least secondary school level.
There is constant electricity, good road networks, efficient police force and relaxation parks
for its citizens. Tell me what your government is providing for you in Nigeria. NOTHING other than abetting
corruption
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 02, 2012
alj_harem:

just as i predicted. lol grin grin grin grin

so Ghana is not building her refinary ?

or is Ghana currency not stronger than Nigerian's now and the standard of living better now ?

Indonisa economy is not dependent on oil angry

Libya is controlled by IMF aka America by using a puppet government. This would never have happened with Gaddaff

liyba does not have fuel subsidy, don't be decieved. Libya has refinaries so what would they use a subsidy for ?

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin well since u are comparing gahan indonisa to nigeria , i don't really know what to say

Nigeria prices are based on price of petrol

ghana and indonisa are different. Infact ghana just discovered theirs

indonisa economy is based on palm oil and cocoa.

libya does NOT HAVE SUBSIDY at the first place sad
Did you read the links I provided? Cameroon, Guinea,Chad,etc are among them. You asked to be provided the list of  other countries in the subsidy removal, dude and stop making fond of yourself.

Does that mean we shouldn't allow private investors not to build refineries? That only can be possible when this subsidy thing is removed. You are just full of dabbling into this matter. Have your fun while it lasted, dude.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 02, 2012
IIKOTECH:

In Britain there is free health care.
In the US only about 13milion people is not covered by health insurance
In Canada there is free health care and  most other developed
countries in the world plus other important benefits they get from their govt.
Most of these countries if not all have free education to at least secondary school level.
There is constant electricity, good road networks, efficient police force and relaxation parks
for its citizens. Tell me what your government is providing for you in Nigeria. NOTHING other than abetting
corruption
shocked shocked shocked
Now, how can those problems be addressed? Come on guys. Are we still blind we can see the obvious problems are not just immediately but gradually. Let save this subsidy money for other things first because it is not benefiting the poor but the few rich corrupt individuals! I am tired of repeating myself here!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaechi May Cancel NGF Meeting In Deference To Jonathan / Labaran Maku finally Secures APGA Governorship Ticket, Accuses PDP Of Injustice / Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.