Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,282 members, 7,811,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? (20350 Views)

Breaking: Fuel Now #57(Buhari Is Working) / Video: Fuel Tankers Leaving Ubah's Capital Oil Depot To Distribute Fuel Now / Calabar – A Liter Of Fuel Now Sells For N250 In Some Part (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by jpphilips(m): 5:19am On Jan 02, 2012
@all4naija
you are a block head because you dont understand what has been explained over and over again
you re a stone skull because you dont know the profit margin of oil companies in Nigeria
you are an illetrate because common sense could have told you to hide your ignorance.
this price you are seeing will get worse by next week, by next month we will start sacking your parents from work because my profit can no longer sustain their pay,
all you charge and bail nairaland economists, if u believe in subsidy,your ignorance stink to high heavens. let me say it for the upteenth time.

a country like Nigeria has no buisness paying subsidies on petrol.
the oil fompanies that drill this oil have told us it is costing less than 12usd/barell, based on that info the govt set up a subsidiary called Npdc charged with giving us our own cheap crude
after 23yrs of sleeping they could manage to produce a paltry 90,000bbl/day which is not enough
to make up for the short fall the govt resorted to importation, from import to crude exchange then to this mess.
people that dont know what is happening are just whinning, the govt is just trying to cover up a huge ineptitude here.
the bigger cover up is the fact that jonathan used subsidy regime to settle political bigwigs during his campaign as it stands, the corruption in the rgime that soared a 200billion naira venture to 1.3trillion will never be looked into,
iweala saw the mess and promised to clean it up and that was why she was hired as head of exonomic team.
a proposal was given to jonathan to break the hands of corruption to drive down the cost of maintaining the regime, he refused because he is scared of what the bigwigs will do, then iweala passed the bulk from the fg to you.
the bigwig re making 4times their profit now than before. by next week when the first shipment arrives price will be 210 naira,God help us iran doesnt carry out their threat to cut off major oil supply,
if he does then brace youeself for 480naira per litre so experts assume
PDP has fu.cked us.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by love4ual: 5:19am On Jan 02, 2012
thank you, OGBUAGI 1, AND , GBOGBOTI,

you guys spoke well,

if nigeria was a developed country and the government has ever done anything to improve the lives of people then removing fuel subsidy now would be a wonderful option,

it is only idiots and fools that will think that GEJ would use the money to give the country electricity or security,

yes things are a bit rough in the western countries now, but here in the states people are still doing well especially foreigners, it is the stupid americans that want white collar jobs that are suffering,

the salary per hour has not changed in any state in the us so far
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by IIKOTECH(m): 5:24am On Jan 02, 2012
@all4naija

Don't compare Nigeria to those African countries but with developed countries of the world.
The developed countries that controls IMF and World Bank tells us to remove subsidy and we did.
Now you tell them to remove those essential benefit they offer their citizens I listed in my previous post
and you see what they call revolt in those countries. If you want to fix the problem deal with corruption.
And don't forget the govt. told us that the hardship is going to be for a short time before the refineries
come on stream after they will sell crude oil to them for less the market rate but let them guaranty it they will not
ship the crude oil to other African countries as obtain today. You see my friend we are just dancing around the problem.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by noblegas2(m): 5:24am On Jan 02, 2012
I had no shoes, I had no bags , I had no books , blah blah blah! Nw u got it all n u're misbehaving?! U such a GOAT sir!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by love4ual: 5:24am On Jan 02, 2012
JP PHILIPS , God bless you for that, people will soon find out that the country would only suffer sooner or later,

some weak minds still believe that without a revolution a God sent government in nigeria will arise, they will wait for eternity
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by PointB: 5:27am On Jan 02, 2012
Before we begin opening our mouths to blame GEJ, let us first stack the bulk of the blame on the inept administrations and government the North and South West had bequeathed Nigeria in the past 40 years or so? Why did those goons of president not deem it necessary to first the refinery or build new ones when that was in vogue?

as we speak now building of refineries by govt is no longer best practice. Refineries are better built now and managed by the private sectors. Asking govt to build one in this era is simply anachronistic and won't get the support of economists and strategists. In other words time to ask govt to built refinery is over by over 10 years.

fuel subsidy removal is the necessary pill we must swallow for feeding fat on free oil for too long without thoughts for tomorrow.

We all need to adjust to the new situation. Resisting will only postpone the doomsday. But anyone who believe govt will build refineris is simply wasting his time.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by IIKOTECH(m): 5:38am On Jan 02, 2012
We never plan before implementation.
How is the government going to control
these oil marketers after deregulation?
They refuse to say.
Let me tell those for deregulation, we never bought petrol
at international rate rather what we do is export our oil for it to be refined
and we pay for the refined product with oil and cash for the
transportation cost. Now you tell me what you think of a situation where Otedola, a brother to Dagote who
is an oil cartel and other cartels are members of GEJ economic teams.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by IIKOTECH(m): 5:43am On Jan 02, 2012
@jp philips

Thanks for the clear and concise explanation
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Beaf: 5:51am On Jan 02, 2012
[size=14pt]The fuel subsidy was for Benin Republic, Cameroun, Togo, Niger etc.[/size]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-50sJe0SdLVU/TaGPWcN-xBI/AAAAAAAAA_w/lq-1yfSkCKs/s1600/IMG_4899.JPG[/img]
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by IIKOTECH(m): 6:01am On Jan 02, 2012
@Beaf

So Nigerians should pay the price for the inefficiency of the
government to control its borders.
So who will control the oil marketers after deregulation,
same government?
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by ceejay80s(m): 6:01am On Jan 02, 2012
REVoLUTION IS THE ONLY SOLUTION
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by IIKOTECH(m): 6:04am On Jan 02, 2012
@ceejay80s
I'm with you on that.
We should start thinking about
how to organize
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by samstels: 6:10am On Jan 02, 2012
Bought fuel at 85 naira just few minutes after the PPPRA removed the subsidy.I'm in phc .
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by GboyegaD(m): 6:12am On Jan 02, 2012
Now I agree our problem is just lack of understanding. It is obvious that our education is a sham because the way some people present their cases and even arguments on this forum has shown that we are backward in everything.

The negative impact of the subsidy removal is so great that there is almost no positive impact to be seen. How would you support the removal of subsidy when we still do not have refineries and the power sector is almost non functional. In an economy where both households and firms depend on pms and subsidy is being removed simply implies higher overhead cost and reduced profit. In a situation where most of this firms are struggling to survive, some firms will automatically have to close down and many would lay off staff. Besides, due to the high cost of buying pms, transport cost will increase which implies every other thing would increase.
Quite a number of Nigerians live below the world bank minimum of $1 per day and I can bet that in some weeks to come, majority may have to live below $0.7 per day. This is the beginning of hardship.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by dastudent(m): 6:13am On Jan 02, 2012
[b][color=#990000][/color][/b]All this oyinbo we are speaking is not gonna get us anywhere.The question is not whether they should or should not remove fuel subsidy.The question is,would they actually use the money,manage the money(and not siphone the money),reduce bloated contracts,checkmate the bureaucrats who need "Eginje" from top to bottom and vice versa before awarding a contract?

Thereby giving the contractor the power to inflate costs so as to make back the money he had spent during the process of bribing the government from top to bottom,thereby making the authorities powerless in probing when the Roads are not built and if they are built,they are substandard ,poor infrastructure,e.t.c.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by chikis(m): 6:16am On Jan 02, 2012
My own no get problem at all afterall na Okada I dey carriam do. I dey for Benue State in a town known as Otukpo. I dey buy my fuel from Beco filling station at the rate N90 per litre. About four and half litre dey full my tank and that don do me to cover atleast N1500 or more if work dey. So me I no get problem even if dem like make dem carry go N200 per litre becuase na business I dey useam do. The more they increase the price of the fuel the more I go increase the price of my service. Chikinah!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by sw: 6:22am On Jan 02, 2012
I wonder what NLC is still waiting for, national strike and mass protest should start immediately.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by IIKOTECH(m): 6:26am On Jan 02, 2012
@GboyegaD
To support your point, lots of large and small businesses has relocated
from Nigeria because of lack of constant electricity. To compound the already compounded situation
you now deregulate the oil sector. Let say I run a small business with about 10 to 20 employees and I'm struggling to
to make both ends meet because of the cost of buying fuel, now I'm going to have to triple that spending which leave no room for expansion.
My employees will be asking for a raise because of the increase in transportation and this will lead to layoffs. Am I creating jobs here or cutting.
Think Nigerians think of the negative effect this will cause.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by cardoso111(m): 6:27am On Jan 02, 2012
I pray this situation may lead us back to farming!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by jpphilips(m): 6:31am On Jan 02, 2012
@ point b

well, you have a point because there was a. prediction about today by experts one professor of pet eng university of ibadan in 1992.
he said that Nigeria will meet disaster if we continue depending on crude from the ioc's, the good news is that babangida listened to him, it was during that era that Nigeria sort local production capacity, I can still remember when buhari as the petroluem minister was saying in his crude hausa accent that our oil will be useless if we dont own it all.
when I grew up I now realised nigeria owns just a part of their oil and they are not making effort to help themselves, I was telling my uncle yesterday that this country has no oil of their own and he said im deluded, but that is the reality.
if we make a cut fom our 60% what do we implement budget with?
oil prices are soaring, instead of being a blessing like libya it turns out to be a curse because we have a woman as a president.
his campaign was intense and I knew it will come with a price.
I only differ in ur opinion where you tried to absolve jonathan to blame the past leaders,is like comparing a Roosevelt who saw a world war with a bush who saw a terrorist attack.
the evidence before me is glaring that jonathan odechukwu caused 90% of this problem.
he increased minimum wage without due consultations with state governors just to score an election cheap point
why will he do that is he insane, what is the internally generated revenue plus federal allocation of jigawa and Anambra states to skyrocket their recurrent expenditure to almost 3billion naira monthly.
is he from the gutters, does odechukwu not knw the implications?
ok, what he could have done was sanction an inceeament so that the states will pay what they can afford, because of this huge error the states demanded for excess crude revenue which accrued to us from high crude price.
this same high crude prise gave us high subsidy.
now that Ecr has been shared, subsidy becomes recurrent expenditure and we are shouting.
1.3trillion is not a joke no reasonable govt will be spending it like that, but the big question is; what can we do to trim down the cost, odechukwu blatantly refused all the options.
the good ones are
1 remove storage from subsidy for god's sake those importers must store at their own cost, it is unreasonable to pay profit to someone on his commodity and still pay storage for him its like govt paying for warehouse for all the Alaba importers.
2 remove demurrage from subsidy, let the importers design and maintin their import itinery and schedule, odechukwu refused
3 let subsidy be paid by type of product, someone that imports ethanol used to blend high grade petrol is paid same squre subsidy rate that is wrong
3 fight corruption in round tipping people collect subsidies 3 times on the same vessel he refused again
now tell me if jonathan is not culpable?
if he had done all these, the subsidy price will be down to 200billion annually, within which we do something about Npdc.
a lot of peoople errorneously think that high pump price will attract investors to build refineries that is a dead man's approach because increase in pump price will cause inflation which will translate to high cost of production for the investors.
what will attract investors is to have cheap crude on ground, nnpc's npdc has already failed in that light and jonathan is not telling them jack.
read and understand my post and tell me exactly why jonathan is not culpable.
as u pay this new pump price, you are paying for gross govt ineptitude.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by GboyegaD(m): 6:35am On Jan 02, 2012
chikis:

My own no get problem at all afterall na Okada I dey carriam do. I dey for Benue State in a town known as Otukpo. I dey buy my fuel from Beco filling station at the rate N90 per litre. About four  and half litre dey full my tank and that don do me to cover atleast N1500 or more if work dey. So me I no get problem even if dem like make dem carry go N200 per litre becuase na business I dey useam do. The more they increase the price of the fuel the more I go increase the price of my service. Chikinah!

Na person wey get money go enter okada oooo, so I would suggest you be mindful of the effect on you as well. If e too cost, people go choose to waka and use the money buy food.

sw:

I wonder what NLC is still waiting for, national strike and mass protest should start immediately.

I don't think we should leave it to NLC alone else, once money exchange hands all we would hear is that they will look into it. We all irrespective of our status, sex, religion and tribe must fight this as Nigerians.

IIKOTECH:

@GboyegaD
To support your point, lots of large and small businesses has relocated
from Nigeria because of lack of constant electricity. To compound the already compounded situation
you now deregulate the oil sector. Let say I run a small business with about 10 to 20 employees and I'm struggling to
to make both ends meet because of the cost of buying fuel, now I'm going to have to triple that spending which leave no room for expansion.
My employees will be asking for a raise because of the increase in transportation and this will lead layoffs. Are my creating jobs here or cutting.
Think Nigerians think of the negative effect this will cause.

The problem is that we do not learn. We need to talk to those who were matured when SAP was implemented to know its effects. We are too quick to accept IMF policies without thinking of its effect on our economy.

cardoso111:

I pray this situation may lead us  back to farming!

Which of the farming? This can only lead to subsistence farming and that is not what we need. We need mechanized farming if we are sincere.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Timmy321(m): 6:44am On Jan 02, 2012
What a new year suprise package! Jonathan it will never be well for you and your Family in Jesus name. You Ngozi Okojo who belive the world is at your Hands, God will surely deal with you all soonest. Every commodity is on the rise, Are you Happy now? May you all Never Have Peace of mind this year just as you put sadness in the face of poor Nigerians.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by chikis(m): 6:49am On Jan 02, 2012
GboyegaD:

Na person wey get money go enter okada oooo, so I would suggest you be mindful of the effect on you as well. If e too cost, people go choose to waka and use the money buy food.
U sure? Make will dey see na.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by jpphilips(m): 6:55am On Jan 02, 2012
@ timmy quit cursing

there is a civil rally on the 3 rd, join the rally and incript your opinion on a huge placard,
if it turns violent, give ur blood for the good of you generation, pdp must go.
occupy all govt houses and buildings, bros just called office has sent circular on downsizing, 40% job cuts
give us heads up what is happening in your various offices
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by GboyegaD(m): 7:01am On Jan 02, 2012
I no longer work with Keystone however, even before Jonathan announced the removal of subsidy, Ikomi had already stated that he would lay off staff this January due to increasing overhead cost. With this, it is obvious he just have to do that and so will most other reasonable organizations who are out for profit making. I weep for Nigeria. It is my prayer that advocates of subsidy removal should be part of those who would be affected so that they can come back to tell the benefits of subsidy removal.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by usmany: 7:06am On Jan 02, 2012
Why are we complaining and blaming the system while we are the people that voted them in to power, saying they are the right candidate to rule us?, now we will all pay for the price of bringing them, LET US NOT COMPLAIN PEOPLE ON NAIJA. THIS IS THE FREE FRESH ARE THEY PROMISED US
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by PapaBrowne(m): 7:23am On Jan 02, 2012
Instead of fighting fuel subsidy removal, let us use our energies wisely to start a fight against corruption. Let us demand by any means possible total accountability!!
Let us ensure that Government is totally accountable to Nigerians. Any stupid expenditure we see, let us breathe on them till they retract!
The FOI bill has long been passed. Not a single Nigerian, at least to our public knowledge has sought to use it to demand accountability for our collective benefit!!

Fighting increase in Fuel price is a waste of energy! Fighting corruption is what we need. We can channel our energies in that direction rather than wasting it on something that has no benefit!!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by ceejay80s(m): 7:27am On Jan 02, 2012
The whole truth about all dis is that obasanjo and all our former leaders are behind all dis,they call the shots, GEJ is just their tool, when the university fees was increased the student went straight to fashola's office to protest, can u imagine that tinubu was the one who came out of fashola's office to address the protesters, lets stop deceiving ourselves , WE ALL ARE THEIR MUMU S
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by blackboi(m): 7:36am On Jan 02, 2012
smiley i don't need to cry mehn, i'll get myself a sport bicycle. afterall i love taekwando; a way of warming up b4 training. now u knw!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by jpphilips(m): 7:37am On Jan 02, 2012
@ papabrowne
I can confidently tell you that this administration that makes over 140,000,000usd on daily bases can comfortably afford an annual subsidy of 200bn naira.
the question is,
how did corruption push it to 1.3 trillion a quarter which we cant afford?
the round tipping guys have they been arrested?
the custom guys that encourage smuggling through our borders have they een arrested?
you should start from the simple step before going to the more difficult step.
I propos local production capacity as the soln but I knw we cant achieve it in a day,
while we pursue the solution, we can maintain a low subsidy void of corrupt practices.
go to any depot and see what is going on there, corruption at full glare and our scrotu.m of a president chose to do nothing instead make the crimminals richer from my own pocket.
WTF
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by ceejay80s(m): 7:38am On Jan 02, 2012
Na our previous leader dey talk wetin dey happen for naija, obasanjo as he get power reach,no fit tell me say he knows nothing about this right from the begining,who are they f00ling? Even if na fashola be president, the fuel subsidy go still happen,even the bomb blasts,
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by chikis(m): 7:39am On Jan 02, 2012
jp philips:

@ timmy quit cursing

there is a civil rally on the 3 rd, join the rally and incript your opinion on a huge placard,
if it turns violent, give your blood for the good of you generation, pdp must go.
occupy all govt houses and buildings, bros just called office has sent circular on downsizing, 40% job cuts
give us heads up what is happening in your various offices
Guys make una dey careful make person no go die like fowl.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yekini Was Killed- Segun Odegbami / Port Harcourt Has Been My Business Home For Decades - Atiku / Reno Omokri Celebrates Birthday Of His Twin Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.