Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,803 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? (20345 Views)

Breaking: Fuel Now #57(Buhari Is Working) / Video: Fuel Tankers Leaving Ubah's Capital Oil Depot To Distribute Fuel Now / Calabar – A Liter Of Fuel Now Sells For N250 In Some Part (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by yd849ja: 7:44am On Jan 02, 2012
All I want the proponents of this genocidal policy is to answer this question. Why on earth should a Nigerian buy fuel @ the same price an American n British buys knowing fully well that these economies tax their prices (meaning we even have to pay more if we also have to be taxed) they provide social security, they provide welfare, they have good infrastructure, minimum wage is on the average $8 n £6/hr respectively (whilst minimum wage is N112.50 or $0.75/hr in Nigeria, is this not madness)? Citizens in these countries don't even need to contend with the issue of power(generator fuelling), deplorable health system n facilities, bad roads, moribund educational system e.t.c. This has to be the joke of the year!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by PapaBrowne(m): 7:56am On Jan 02, 2012
jp philips:

@ papabrowne
I can confidently tell you that this administration that makes over 140,000,000usd on daily bases can comfortably afford an annual subsidy of 200bn naira.
the question is,
how did corruption push it to 1.3 trillion a quarter which we cant afford?
the round tipping guys have they been arrested?
the custom guys that encourage smuggling through our borders have they een arrested?
you should start from the simple step before going to the more difficult step.
I propos local production capacity as the soln but I knw we cant achieve it in a day,
while we pursue the solution, we can maintain a low subsidy void of corrupt practices.
go to any depot and see what is going on there, corruption at full glare and our scrotu.m of a president chose to do nothing instead make the crimminals richer from my own pocket.
WTF

That is exactly my point! Let us fight Government corruption and not subsidy removal. If we use our energies to protest intensely against specific Government corruption, then we would be the winners.
Fighting against fuel subsidy removal when we can use that same energy to fight Government corruption is akin to a cancer patient who would rather expend money fighting her hair loss so she can keep looking good rather than fighting the cancer so she can get well!

Let us use this opportunity to demand absolute accountability. If the government has chosen to tax us, then they must be accountable for every dime of tax that we pay to them!! Lets ensure that every contract that is given out must be vetted. Every government official that suddenly starts building mansions must- we must march down there and demand an explanation!!

That is the fight that would make sense!!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by our9ja: 7:57am On Jan 02, 2012
@ Obiagu1
No, Jonathan must not go, it's corruption that must go. We have no refineries, power, etc because of corruption and not because of Jonathan.

If this pains you so much, use your sense and use this opportunity to force the government to make it a treasonable offence for one to steal public fund. [b]Anyone found guilty of stealing public fund should be executed![/b]People always leave the real issue and will be chasing shadow

I Agree on  dis part        Anyone found guilty of stealing public fund should be executed!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 02, 2012
Quote from: alj halem

shut the f up and get use to it

A cow will always be a cow no matter the way it trys to speak or the year we are in
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by fire4fire: 8:06am On Jan 02, 2012
Bought fuel at N150/litre, I dey vex oooooo,spent 11k to fill my tank.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by lionshare: 8:07am On Jan 02, 2012
This issue of subsidy is driving me crazy, how can govt become so insensitive to the plights of the common nigerians.

We Nigerians must stand up against this subsidy bs, one on earth do you expect the average nigeria to cope with a salary of N15K. The truth is if govt needs more money, there other sources they can look at which includes slashing the pay our govt offcials, as well as reducing the 1B Naira for food to be consumed by gej.

Overall, must we always dance to the tunes of the western world, even though we know that our socio-cultural environs are quite different.

My stand is No to total subsidy, govt can reduce the subsidy and sell pms at say N90 while they concentrate on building refineries and improving power supply, once we have a number of working refineries and relatively stable power supply, then subsidy can be removed.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by blackboi(m): 8:09am On Jan 02, 2012
Humble dudes (25yrs & below) : look away from the govt, stop dissing GEJ/FG. empower yourself, get a nice bicycle! this is good for your health. am 25, 2months & 12 days old; too busy to get distracted
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by okadaman2: 8:13am On Jan 02, 2012
alj_harem:

yes oooo okada man

maybe when you buy fuel tomorrow and notice you have to increase 30 trip to 60 naira thus lack of costomers you would still be in buiness

Okada would reduce drastically and privatly owned would increase thus more traffic for you and your buiness as well

also after the okada buiness shebe u go go house go eat. When you here that cup of garri for 20 naira is not 80 naira then you would rejoice more

least i remind you that you also have to pay your house rent whenic would increase from lets say 50 thousand a year (as okada rider) to 100 thousand a year, then u might be forced to live under the brigbe to contiune your okada buiness.

yes ooo God bless GEJ

GEJ will spend the money well.  He'll increase salary and People will be able to afford my increased fees

God bless GEJ
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by okadaman2: 8:16am On Jan 02, 2012
fire4fire:

Bought fuel at N150/litre, I dey vex oooooo,spent 11k to fill my tank.

11k?

Stop wasting money! Riding Okada (public transport) is cheaper.

And you can buy a bicycle.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 02, 2012
For some, this is indeed the best New Year gift in decades

Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by purplekayc(m): 8:19am On Jan 02, 2012
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by dplordx(m): 8:24am On Jan 02, 2012
Done on the 1st of a New Year. And on the 2nd, Nigerians (I dont care what happens to the animals who voted in this fools, I mean real Nigerians who never voted in this jargon) had to go and queue for fuel. Ah, i better start applying for citizen ship down here. I wish you all a wonderful 2012. Whatever happens, majority of you voted for this. Best of luck y'all
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by purplekayc(m): 8:29am On Jan 02, 2012
thats abuja grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by bodeface: 8:31am On Jan 02, 2012
How can some few people in the country be greater than Nigeria and the President /​ commander of arm forces that their racket can not be broken , but the masses are being punish for the crime of the few that are stealing from the oil subsidy, the unfortunate thing is that no one is looking at the huge overhead being incurred from the public office holders (the highest in the world), they are also too powerful to touch, rather you have chosen to punish the masses that voted for the fresh air (am still laughing).

The Economic team made up of people that have not really understand how things work in Nigeria but running blue print of IMF should understand that without routing out the corruption from Nigeria the saving made from this wicked act is Just providing more money for stealing and embezzling, driving Nigeria into Mud more than any of our predecessor presidents has ever done.

Note that History will never forget OK IW, GD JN and other supporters of this gruesome act for this. Is cutting the Head a solution to headache ??"
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Isrealbabs(m): 8:33am On Jan 02, 2012
i bought fuel for 65naira at Oro Kwara state yestday around 5pm bought 60litre 3900.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by marvel10: 8:34am On Jan 02, 2012
POLLUTION

I am really pleased at the prospect of hopefully halving the number of cars on the roads in Lagos. I don't care for sentimentalism as I am sure people are dropping dead literally at the level of pollution churned by the number of cars (how roadworthy) day in, day out. If anything, I hope Fashola's metro is sped with so that we can hop on and off no more than 1 hour to most parts of Lagos.

Nigerians are too wasteful! I was mortified to find out that half of Grange's pupils (wonderful school in Ikeja, Lagos) commute from the Island on a daily basis. It is ridiculous! In most civilised countries, children living within a certain mileage (traffic and other factors considered) would be at an advantage over those Islanders. When driving back from Ikoyi on the 3rd Mainland Bridge, please assist me in counting the number of passengers in SUVs and fancy cars. You would find no more than 2 people in about 80% of these. Shocking! A number of companies in the UK offer their staff tax rebates for car sharers (usually up to 4 people). All your mates should chip in for fuel.

When the Island and Ikeja have 24 hour power as promised by St Fashola, there is always the electrical powered car for running short errands with.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by ONEPEACE(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2012
i dont use to comment, but particular one is different. after i have read some of the comment i decided to post. this is not fuel subsidy removal at all it is call increase in pertro pump price which need urgent action, let us organize from here i live in kaduna how are we meeting 2day and start the revolution also i want people from other states to do the same thing. there no positive thing about this subsidy removal at all u either take it or leave. this is not time to play, abuse, correct grammar but a time of urgent action
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by stillme(m): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2012
Change is costly.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by ogasir2011: 8:43am On Jan 02, 2012
Nairalanders are just noisemakers , you mates are developing ethanol to miss with fuel in brazil, US, Canada, germany to mix wit fuel in their cars, all of u are just wasting web space and talking trash
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by purplekayc(m): 8:48am On Jan 02, 2012
Nairalanders are just noisemakers , you mates are developing ethanol to miss with fuel in brazil, US, Canada, germany to mix wit fuel in their cars, all of u are just wasting web space and talking trash

grin grin grin

and what have you developed sir\?
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by ogasir2011: 8:52am On Jan 02, 2012
I have not developed anytin , but will not waste valuable time discussing rubbish , no contribution on this forum is meaning , just some bunch of losers, dat have access to a computer, phone and internet access , that have turned to nuisance on the web.

and what have you developed sir? undecided
[quote][/quote]
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by purplekayc(m): 9:02am On Jan 02, 2012
am only reply regularly to this topic coz it pains me (maybe you don't live in nigeria) that a country that ranks among th e best producers of oil on earth could still go on searching for its citizenry the same product
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by rekeson: 9:03am On Jan 02, 2012
Todays update 4rm GOD IS GOOD PARK, ASABA.

Asaba to Abuja (N7500),

Asaba to Ojota, Yaba, (N7500),

Asaba to Ajah & Lekki (N10000).

This is wat U voted for in April 2011?
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by marvel10: 9:04am On Jan 02, 2012
This subsidy removal will affect EVERYBODY so I am for it.

Nigerians tend to be thick skinned at issues that they do not affect them directly so I am particularly pleased about this. When the cost of diesel was doubled only last year, people were muttering angrily but no talks of revolution. Just wait if you think the only security issue is with BH. With the number of sophisticated weapons in the country now, shei Lagos Police are going to be proactive about armed robbery. It will take more than dodgy road blocks.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by marvel10: 9:07am On Jan 02, 2012
Nice one @purplekayc!

With a name like ogasir2011, what is to be expected? You have nothing to contribute but you are irritated at the lack of contribution. Rubbish!!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Pain(m): 9:08am On Jan 02, 2012
No matter the rantings and futile attempts by the voodoo economists of this misguided administration to justify an insensitive policy, one thing is certain: Life is going to be a whole lot harder for the masses.

Nigerians should buckle up for a hell ride as no promise from any government or gospel ranting merchant of hope will alleviate the depth of poverty in 2012. What we are going to witness is the erosion of the last strata of the lower middle class.

No stochastic contraption of figures from government will change your plight! What the government has effectively done is to half the purchasing power of whatever savings you have by 60%. What this means in real terms is that if you had 10 Naira in savings, the value is down to 4 Naira overnight! If you had accumulated a saving of N1million, it is now N400 thousand only! You don’t need a Harvard degree to comprehend this for Pete’s sake

How do you begin to trust an administration that cannot even keep a date? The initial proposed date was April fool’s day, but they beat you to it! You know why? They don't give a damn about you! The real benefactors of this sudden quantum leap in the price of PMS are the cabals that have been privy to the actual date of Jan 1 2012 months ago. They will have their investments in PMS doubled overnight. I bet you no money doubler or "voodoo practitioner" can match it!

My advice to sane Nigerians is to take time out to meditate on how to navigate your way thru this impending austerity. A cut on your budget for luxuries will be a good start. Focus on the basic necessities till things stabilize (if they ever do).

Those still in control of their grey matter should peruse the carefully crafted statement of the PPRA, and I quote:

"By this announcement, the downstream sub-sector of the petroleum industry is hereby deregulated for PMS. Service providers in the sector are now to procure products and sell same in accordance with the indicative benchmark price to be published fortnightly and posted on the PPPRA website"

The simple exegesis is that there is no guarantee on the final price. It is subject to a possible increase every fortnight!!

Happy new year with a breath of foul air!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Origin(f): 9:10am On Jan 02, 2012
Solutions:
the removal of subsidy should wait till next year, licenses should be sold to private investors to build refineries (competition is key). govt should only regulate. post implementation audits should be imposed on all projects, all govt salaries should be scaled back to instill confidence.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by ogasir2011: 9:12am On Jan 02, 2012
purplekayc:

am only reply regularly to this topic coz it pains me (maybe you don't live in nigeria) that a country that ranks among th e best producers of oil on earth could still go on searching for its citizenry the same product  
[/quote

I am in nigeria- in the north for that matter where boko haram is an issue and now fuel increase- it also pains me, we have to move on and make our lifes better even in a face of difficulties

@ marvel 10

Why don't u do sometin, instead of making noise with ur stu.pid so called contribution. Marvel indeed. Go shut up ur Asss. U call a mouth
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by purplekayc(m): 9:17am On Jan 02, 2012
no need to get over reacted ogasir every one has his or her opinion are we not in a democratic enviroment? shocked shocked chill bro grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by marvel10: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2012
@Pain, very useful advice indeed.

Ogasir two thousand and never, I predict a rise in anger management classes and you will do well to sign up. Anger go boku where there is no money and not just online.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by purplekayc(m): 9:22am On Jan 02, 2012
some one just told me that he bought 20 litres for shocked shocked shocked shocked ,wait for it , N4,000 in KD haba !!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Remii(m): 9:26am On Jan 02, 2012
rekeson:

Todays update 4rm GOD IS GOOD PARK, ASABA.

Asaba to Abuja (N7500),

Asaba to Ojota, Yaba, (N7500),

Asaba to Ajah & Lekki (N10000).

This is wat U voted for in April 2011?

No! They voted for Jonathan not PDP. lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking To Stop Saraki’s Removal As Senate President / APC Leaders Meet At Oshiomhole's Residence Ahead Of Tinubu's Visit To Edo / INEC Changes Figures Of Accredited Voters In Kogi Election On IReV Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.