Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,003 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? (20353 Views)

Breaking: Fuel Now #57(Buhari Is Working) / Video: Fuel Tankers Leaving Ubah's Capital Oil Depot To Distribute Fuel Now / Calabar – A Liter Of Fuel Now Sells For N250 In Some Part (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by freecocoa(f): 9:29am On Jan 02, 2012
its sold for #150 down here in awka.
Awka to enugu is now #700 cost of transportation.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 02, 2012
Shebi na Jona una vote for, no be PDP?  grin grin

Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by purplekayc(m): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2012
^^^^^^ hahah grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2012
[size=14pt]see how greedy our gas stations are. I remember when the price of PMS was reduced from N70/l to N65/l it took so many stations almost three weeks to adjust to the new price. The authorities had to shut down some of them before they adhered to the new price, but now PMS has lost subsidy all have quickly tuned-up their meters. VERY PATHETIC[/size]
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by londoner: 9:49am On Jan 02, 2012
@IIkotech, who told you that healthcare in the UK is free?

It is free AT THE POINT OF NEED, IT IS NOT FREE PER SE!!!!.

It is paid for out of general TAXATION. Even if in a year I never go to the doctor, hospital or dentist, I have ALREADY paid for it for myself and others. The same is true in the reverse.

That is true for the population of taxpayers, the only people who actually get it free are those who are exempt for one reason or the other, ie those in receipt of benefits or of a certain age. Even then, they can only get it free because everybody else pays tax.

Is it because I am not sending my family members to the cash point to pay a doctor, that makes it free?

I'm all too happy to be a taxpayer in a civilised country, where I can help sustain a welfare state that I can also benefit from.

Back to topic, GEJ needs to announce a scaling back of unnecessary government expenditure in the next few days, people need to be pacified and feel they are being compensated in other areas.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Konnektions146(m): 9:51am On Jan 02, 2012
N160 in Uyo (thats if yu see at all ooo)
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by TrueSeeker(m): 9:57am On Jan 02, 2012
141 naira per liter at Egbeda, Lagos
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by twentycent(m): 9:58am On Jan 02, 2012
Happy NEW HOLIDAYS fellow Nigerians. NLC strike around d corner, stay@home cos of lack of T/fare, increament in costs of virtually everything, So my people, which way now
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Ugeh: 9:59am On Jan 02, 2012
The only station selling right now is Ekoson Murtala Mo'hmed highway @=N=200 a liter.I just managed to buy 40 litres. i dont know how long they will sell even at that cut throat price.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Ugeh: 10:00am On Jan 02, 2012
That is In Calabar.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 02, 2012
Petrol is now more expensive in Nigeria than in America but the average America earns 30 times the average Nigerian. And someone somewhere will say this makes sense. Jonathan is a deceit, why did he not say this during the campaign, or did he not know he was going to do this when campaigning. Less that three months after winning the election the first thing he stops is fuel subsidy. We should all go and demonstrate till he reverses this.

Power is still the biggest problem in 9ja and the first thing he removes is subsidy so that he and his friends can have more to steal. Anyway na we Nigerians I blame.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 02, 2012
twentycent:

Happy NEW HOLIDAYS fellow Nigerians. NLC strike around d corner, stay@home cos of lack of T/fare, increament in costs of virtually everything,  So my people, which way now

you have already said the way. everybody will go home and calculate how much they will increase the price of their goods, then go back to shop to sell at the new, increased price. that way everybody will be happy

DON'T COMPLAIN, JUST INCREASE YOUR PRICE
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 02, 2012
Nashville:

Petrol is now more expensive in Nigeria than in America but the average America earns 30 times the average Nigerian. And someone somewhere will say this makes sense. Jonathan is a deceit, why did he not say this during the campaign, or did he not know he was going to do this when campaigning. Less that three months after winning the election the first thing he stops is fuel subsidy. We should all go and demonstrate till he reverses this.

Power is still the biggest problem in 9ja and the first thing he removes is subsidy so that he and his friends can have more to steal. Anyway na we Nigerians I blame.

, if that's the biggest, then there is no problem in Nigeria
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by pingpong1: 10:09am On Jan 02, 2012
Why everybody de fill their tanks. Una no de buy 20 or 25 litres again?
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by usmany: 10:10am On Jan 02, 2012
Fresh air for all that i assured you, i fulfilled my promised

Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by nastydamus(m): 10:26am On Jan 02, 2012
On a side note, just heard on Cool FM Lagos that many relationships will now have to be re-categorized as 'long-distance relationships' as a result of this subsidy removal. Update your relationship status accordingly, smh.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 02, 2012
londoner:

@IIkotech, who told you that healthcare in the UK is free?

It is free AT THE POINT OF NEED, IT IS NOT FREE PER SE!!!!.

It is paid for out of general TAXATION. Even if in a year I never go to the doctor, hospital or dentist, I have ALREADY paid for it for myself and others. The same is true in the reverse.

That is true for the population of taxpayers, the only people who actually get it free are those who are exempt for one reason or the other, ie those in receipt of benefits or of a certain age. Even then, they can only get it free because everybody else pays tax.

Is it because I am not sending my family members to the cash point to pay a doctor, that makes it free?

I'm all too happy to be a taxpayer in a civilised country, where I can help sustain a welfare state that I can also benefit from.

Back to topic, GEJ needs to announce a scaling back of unnecessary government expenditure in the next few days, people need to be pacified and feel they are being compensated in other areas.

True. I once had symptoms of ulcer. The doctor prescribed 4 drugs then it was just over 7 pounds per prescription. Drugs i would have obtained for 500naira in naija.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by andyanders: 10:30am On Jan 02, 2012
The problem Nigerians has is the government themselves. Look at the National Assembly and House of Representative, with the kind of Jumbo pay they receive and allocate to themselves. This insensitive government who don’t even pay a dime on fuel and food they eat will wake up over night to announce the removal of subsidy without making provision on how the common man who cannot have access to stealing from the government purse like themselves. These government officials ONLY wants to proof to the common man that they can survive, while the common man can go to hell as Nigeria belongs to them.
Who are the government? Few elect who steal from the National purse. This issue of removal should have been handled through gradual process by first refurbishing the existing refineries and also building new ones. Also by cutting their JUMBO pay and also stopping the allocation of funds to these senators and reps. Make these offices NON ATTRACTIVE by removing these allocations given to these government officials who steal the allocation and convert it to their personal fund. Even the subsidy they are talking about will be shared by giving out contracts to themselves and their cronies. Government is only interested in awarding contracts.

Can Nigerians tell us what these democratic leaders from 1999 till date; have given back to the society? To me, only pain.

No refineries have been built by these so called democratic leaders since they came onboard. It was the military that built the existing ones that they inherited and cannot even maintain. They steal money and nobody questions. These people choose choice areas to live with their families. They own these petrol stations built by themselves through their ill-gotten wealth. How can they suffer?
Ghana did not regulate before removing fuel subsidy. They have hidden agenda.

This same government has not convicted any high profile cases. Look at Bankole and his likes. They were all given bail and a person who stole goat is given 20 yrs to life Nigeria.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Yeske2(m): 10:42am On Jan 02, 2012
Alba petrol station by army barracks Onitsha, 140 naira per litre. Unbelivable
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Autolord: 10:48am On Jan 02, 2012
know everybody is upset about subsidy, but like a typical Nigerian, like to make jokes abt problem. Indulge me. This is my compilation; with some borrowed ones.
Dis is jonathan's way of punishing nigerians for making fun of his wife"
If He puts on AC 4 U in d Car,den He rily loves U
Dnt be shocked if u try 2 burn a thief with fuel and pple start slapping u instead, be wise
Enugu2Lagos by bus nw 17k. sme pple can't even come back 4rm village, L'obatan . This is deportation Lagos has been praying for.
next time my girl asks me to take her somewhere expensive, id drive her to the fueling station
BREAKING NEWS: Stolen car found , fuel missing!!!=Dcry >=)
No more burning of thieves. Say yes to drowning or hanging
Date ur neighbour or die trekking
A car was snatched at gunpoint today and the owner was screaming MY FUEL My FUEL
: Host: What do i offer you? Visitor: I'll take fuel, cheesy.
Nig police st 2 increase bribe rates frm #50 to #141.
Abuja BigBoy spotted Oppressing as He Left His Engine On while Waiting for Girlfriend.
Island BF+Mainland GF=Long Distance Relationship
Hey lady,can I buy you fuel sometime ?
No baby. Your house is too far. think we have to break
U smiling?
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by purplekayc(m): 10:49am On Jan 02, 2012
i recommend that every 1 should re enforce their fuel tanks for avoidance of theft purposes grin grin grin grin grin wink wink

olopa sef no fit get petrol  ,  na warning sha!! grin

Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Sike(m): 10:54am On Jan 02, 2012
brb!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 02, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to remind Nigerians that all the unsustainable and crooked government interventions in our economic life will have to go away one day for us to make progress.
On such a day as this, it shall be painful, but must take its course.

We should really be worried that with a demand of 160 million, no body in the world is interested in servicing our power and fuel needs! All because past ill reasoning leaders have monopolized the sectors to govt. This problem was not caused by GEJ, he is not responsible for the lack of investment in power that lasted over several decades, nor is he the person that spent billions to improve darkness, he is not one of those who took advantage of our realization that govt. is ill at running firms to desecrate privatization and buy up govt. coy. But today he is the president and must take steps to realign us to economic progress no matter how painful. Those steps must also be feasible. Removal of fuel subsidy is, catching all the people who stole through it is not.

I have heard people ask here if it is not GEJ that should provide refineries before removal of subsidies. The truth is that except in a wracked Country like Nigeria, that is not one of the functions of govt. his actual duty would be to ensure that any one of the citizens who wishes to provide a legal service to other citizens can do so fairly without monopolistic policies that prevent him and his clients from such benefits. Subsidy is one of such policies, denying the citizen free supply of products, encouraging predators to eat down existing refineries, creating market barriers that prevent new entrants as well as competition in petroleum marketing. The average consumer will not see these as he feels he is gaining in the short term with subsidy.  In the long term he is loosing in so many things. Can you imagine if Nigera has been running a deregulated petroleum product market since the 1970, we would have been a net exporter of these products. The price would have long been stabilized and the turbulence over, Many people would have been able to afford what ever price as the functioning private and public owned  refineries would provide jobs not just in refining, but in spin off petro chemical firms, as well as in cottage firms like candle making.

let's not just think off our selves, but our future, our children. What kind of Nigeria do we want for them. Do we want a country where excessive govt. control is killing of all the sectors from which we should live as kings, only to make us proud survivors. The more we make noise about this, the more the sellers see possibility of making profit by hoarding. I sincerely believe the 145 Nara price in to create room for negotiations with labour. The earlier we get over this, the earlier the price will come down to the projected N110 to N120 per liter. Within the next six months as competition intensifies in the sector, with new entrants, better utilization of eastern ports,  elimination of demurrage cost, and possible use of the more cost effective rail and pipelines in transport, the cost should come down to about N100 per liter.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by ignis: 11:19am On Jan 02, 2012
N160 kano
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by jayriginal: 11:24am On Jan 02, 2012
N 150 at Oando, Isiohor, Benin.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by cbjonstage(m): 11:35am On Jan 02, 2012
Girl: I havent gone somewhere interesting and expensive during dis festive season. honey kindly take me out to dat place, pls
Boy: Ok sweetypie, lets go to d filling station
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by mavinc4u(f): 11:46am On Jan 02, 2012
this is arrant nonsense.it would even lead to more unemployment in the country thereby causing the youths to indulge in so many evil stuffs.please after removing the subsidy,will paying of the taxes been removed too and will they increase worker's salary.if not Nigerians,lets call on Avenging God to appear.REMAIN BLESS!!!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Yeske2(m): 11:47am On Jan 02, 2012
Autolord:

know everybody is upset about subsidy, but like a typical Nigerian, like to make jokes abt problem. Indulge me. This is my compilation; with some borrowed ones.
Dis is jonathan's way of punishing nigerians for making fun of his wife"
If He puts on AC 4 U in d Car,den He rily loves U
Dnt be shocked if u try 2 burn a thief with fuel and pple start slapping u instead, be wise
Enugu2Lagos by bus nw 17k. sme pple can't even come back 4rm village, L'obatan . This is deportation Lagos has been praying for.
next time my girl asks me to take her somewhere expensive, id drive her to the fueling station
BREAKING NEWS: Stolen car found ,  fuel missing!!!=Dcry >=)
No more burning of thieves. Say yes to drowning or hanging
Date your neighbour or die trekking
A car was snatched at gunpoint today and the owner was screaming MY FUEL My FUEL
: Host: What do i offer you? Visitor: I'll take fuel, cheesy.
Nig police st 2 increase bribe rates frm #50 to #141.
Abuja BigBoy spotted Oppressing as He Left His Engine On while Waiting for Girlfriend.
Island BF+Mainland GF=Long Distance Relationship
Hey lady,can I buy you fuel sometime ?
No baby. Your house is too far. think we have to break
U smiling?
LWKMD sha
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by mcnepow(m): 11:48am On Jan 02, 2012
^^^^^hahahaha
@Autolord. I dint only smile, U made me shine ma big teeth. Thanx 4 lightening up the tension caused by Jona.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by slap1(m): 11:56am On Jan 02, 2012
N150 in Aba.
PDP. . . Party Decieve People.
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by jumboo: 12:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
Bakare summed it up months earlier
Were you not the same people saying “we did not vote for PDP, we only voted for Jonathan”, idiots! How do you separate one from the other, idiots? Is it not your elders in the church that saw the hand of God in massive rigging and called the Lord Jehovah , “Jehovah Rigger” ? Idiots! How long are you going to endure this banditry? They have stolen your heritage, you are now begging for crumbs from the master’s table. My God will always have a witness. Is there a witness in the house today? I feel like breaking the microphone and preach no more. I feel like going away far from the madding crowd, or maddening crown for it looks like we have lost our minds. Our children have no future. Every father will have to create his own business for the survival of his own family. And when we say let’s rise, you’ll be the first to cal us ‘Area Pastors’ , because you too refined, Your house will burn! You go check the bible, Your wives will become harlots, Your children will be slaughtered on the streets, this is what Amos said!! “But, let justice roll like water” I think I will come back to finish this. You see, I got to a place where I began to examine “are Nigerians really human beings?” “Are they cows?” “Are they dogs?” “Are they cowards?” “Who are Nigerians?” “Is this what you designed from the beginning?” “Is this the great nation you had at the back of your mind – that will save Africa” “ Is this what we are made up of , that we are talking from both sides of our mouths, that we have no vision, that we have no future, and we just sit in temples, in churches, in congresses, in conferences, collecting people’s money, idiots?!” Let it begin from the house of God! Let it begin from the temple!! Let the leaders rise, let us march, let us take over back our heritage from bandits!!!
Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by Cuteobi(f): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
138Naira/liter nnpc station owerri.I can't navigate to nairaland full site.plz help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Julius Berger, Setraco, Others To Manage 12 Highways / President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday / How Many Nigerians Live Outside Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.