Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations (13817 Views)

Impeachment Over: Fayose Calls For Street Jubilation As APC Lawmakers End Tenure / NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. / NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by kayalla(f): 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
Re we just going to sit and talk talk, wat shld we do, where do u start from? Let's do something if there is anything to do.
Or as usual we just shrug and adjust.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by y2kaustin(m): 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
trust nigerians na!, they keep complaining and running away,even to the detriment of thier Balls,they will never fight!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by fdigital(m): 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
Commercials

BREAKING NEWS:
A car was snatched at gun point , owner of car shouting MY FUEL.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by laroche(m): 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2012
For those who will rather act than analysis paralysis; a meeting is on-going in Abuja: No 35,S.O williams crescent, anthony enahoro str utako. Joint Coalition planning a protest against fuel subsidy removal, you are all invited! Pls do more than pontificate on your fb and bb!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by sartorius(m): 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
egbere jo lantern
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by nex(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
LET'S USE THIS #FUELSUBSIDYREMOVAL TO START PRACTICING THIS DEMOCRACY OF A THING. IT GOES BEYOND VOTING! Let's call on our Reps and Senators to remove GEJ, the ones who do not heed, 2/3 of registered voters in their constituencies will sign a petition to INEC stating that they want to recall that Senator or Representative, and replace with another till we get in our civil servants who will obey our orders.

It is after that we will then commence on street protests and go after the dictatorship which our elected government has now become. You do not begin with protests.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by Sirniyeh(m): 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2012
Street protest is senseless. Going on strike for subsidy removal is meaningless. I will not advise a reasonable person to join the protest.
I expect the selfish Labour Executive to fight Federal Gov
1. to increase minimum wages to 75k per month.
2. To ensure the fuel price is same all over the nation. If it is 135, it must be same all over.
3. To let all state Gov subsidize the transportation by supplying public with buses at affordable fare.
4. To remove taxes for now until the economy is stable.
I think this my suggestion is sensible. No to protest. In the course of protest, many may lost their lives. Who knows who?
Beleive it, there is hope for Nigeria
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by OmoTier1(m): 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2012
Sirniyeh:

Street protest is senseless. Going on strike for subsidy removal is meaningless. I will not advise a reasonable person to join the protest.
2. To ensure the fuel price is same all over the nation. If it is 135, it must be same all over.
3. To let all state Gov subsidize the transportation by supplying public with buses at affordable fare.
I think this my suggestion is sensible. No to protest. In the course of protest, many may lost their lives. Who knows who?
You obviously have been on Holiday! Was it not the government that said consultation is still on-going, hence removal will not be till April 2012? FYI, Labour has already put all these options before the government. In fact they forced the government to publish a document on what the government intend to do with the money/fake savings when subsidy is removed and lo and behold, the document released by government was riddled with projects all budget for in 2010, 2011 and 2012 appropriation!

Guy, measure up, you are a week late to the struggle,
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by GudLion(m): 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
Senseless and useless government.My anger is that this boko haram bois don't know where n who should be bombed!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by laroche(m): 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2012
nex:

LET'S USE THIS #FUELSUBSIDYREMOVAL TO START PRACTICING THIS DEMOCRACY OF A THING. IT GOES BEYOND VOTING! Let's call on our Reps and Senators to remove GEJ, the ones who do not heed, 2/3 of registered voters in their constituencies will sign a petition to INEC stating that they want to recall that Senator or Representative, and replace with another till we get in our civil servants who will obey our orders.

It is after that we will then commence on street protests and go after the dictatorship which our elected government has now become. You do not begin with protests.

You sound as if you do not reside in Nigeria.

Call on our Reps and Senators to remove GEJ  , And you think those corrupt elected officials will do that? NAAAAAH.

2/3 of registered voters in constituencies to sign a petition to INEC stating that they want to recall that Senator or Representative, and replace with another till we get in our civil servants who will obey our orders.
, And you think you will be able to get those 2/3 of registered voters to do that in the present day Nigeria. Have you heard about MONEY EXCHANGING HANDS & 'GHANA MUST GO BAGS' CHANGING DECISIONS OVERNIGHT IN NIGERIA , What did you think was responsible for the voting pattern in some parts of Nigeria in the last presidential election?

While I support your idea, it would not be effective in this case. The only language Nigerian Government understand is 'MASS ACTION'  , COME OUT OF YOUR HOMES AND LET'S SHUT DOWN THIS COUNTRY UNTIL THEY LISTEN.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by reagand200(m): 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2012
[b]

I don’t think arguing with Beaf or raining abuse on his Excellency Goodluck Jonathan will change the tide of events that has been in trends for as long as we all know.
Nigeria’s problems are multifaceted and only a principled and silent revolution can overturn the present ills boldly staring at our face.
Some of the problems are hidden problem( the NIGERIAN MENTALITY thing), this takes 30%.
Primarily, CORRUPTION, rapid POPULATION growth , and lack of VISIONARY LEADERS metamorphosed into UNEMPLOYMENT, TERRORISM, INSECURITY etc etc…
Let us not be deceived by the popular saying that our country is full of “milk and honey” and that we are richly blessed with OIL.
NO.
The truth is that we are the GIANT OF AFRICA , a title more based on our ability to supply human materials needed all over the world for mostly menial labour than our economic value.
At this juncture I will want to state categorically here that Mr President was never the originator of the problem and cannot be expected to solve it(except of course the Nigerian thing, placing too much of hope on one personality-the PRESIDENT).
In the words of JFK: ask what you can do for your country”.
At times like this I believe, Nigeria, being one of the most religious country in the world, we should seek for extraordinary means to tackle a stubborn perennial issue.
My fellow Nigerians, I know that a SURGICAL operation is painful but its necessary at times for a lasting solution to unwanted PAINS.
We are at PAINS now, not at WAR.
His EXCELLENCY was not the ALFA of the rot, thus cannot be expected to be the OMEGA.
He is only trying to do what others cannot do, that is , tell NIGERIAN the PLAIN TRUTH about the putrescent state of the NATION. Past regime has been shying away with their half-truth policies.
As somebody said earlier, we should BEAR the pains NOW so that the UNBORN will not question our RESOLVE.
Let’s not forget that even the first world country like America also had a RECESSION period in the 30s and EUROPE recession begins this YEAR 2012, and they are already looking forward to it with Gusto.
Lets pick the GAUNTLET now and see how we can make Nigeria our own without being violent. Lets think outside the box and proffer solutions and be role model for FUTURE NAIRALANDERS. Think and imagine yourself sitting on the President seat first before posting.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Remember that the FUTURE is yours for the taking.
Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the YEAR of REALITY!
[/b]
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by laroche(m): 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2012
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by LEXYLOV: 3:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
NA THE FRESH AIR NAH ABI NA WETIN. NA JONATHAN I VOTE FOR NOR BE PDP NOR BE DAT BE THE ANTHEM THAT TIME WEY UNA DEY VOTE HUH. I BEG THE FRESH AIR NEVER START SELF OOO MAKE UNA NEVER COMPLAIN OF ODOR. I BEG UNA WEY UNA DEY OUTSIDE MAKE UNA TRY HELP UNA LOVE ONE BACK HOME OOOO THIS FRESH AIR DEY ROAD DEY COME WITH MANY STINKING ODOR OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by kingsolve(m): 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
Please for the strike, what's gonna happen to corp membeers? are they on strike too and should remain with their folks or return to their place of primary assignment as they were asked by thieir local inspectors to by january 3. So we don't risk people lives,
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by mratom: 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
this pig called gej most go! reverse your decision or impeach, this is the lesson to hausa and hypocrite yoruba leaders, shame for hausa leaders, shame for yoruba people and their leaders espicially in lagos, they solidified and voted gej but left ribadu as thier rulling party candidate, why fashola win major but ribadu loose,
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by laroche(m): 4:16pm On Jan 02, 2012
mr atom:

this pig called gej most go! reverse your decision or impeach, this is the lesson to hausa and hypocrite yoruba leaders, shame for hausa leaders, shame for yoruba people and their leaders espicially in lagos, they solidified and voted gej but left ribadu as thier rulling party candidate, why fashola win major but ribadu loose,

With due respect sir, do not bring in ethnic bigotry into the thread. Under the prevailing situation we found ourselves, we are ONE and should stay together to fight our common enemy , GEJ and the pro subsidy removal cabal.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by unrattled: 4:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
NEW GROUP FORMED ON FACEBOOK TO ORGANIZE THE NATIONWIDE PROTEST
JOIN NOW

http://www./306951516016221/
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by love4ual: 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
20 yrs ago i forsaw this coming and i prayed to God almighty, father i do not want money, a car, not even education, no money, clothes or any such material thing apart from life and to get me a visa to Gods own country.

God answered my prayer after 19yrs, here in houston texas i drive on smooth road without dust punching into my ear or eyes. i do not have all the money in the world but i sleep without fear and wake up without fear, i am achieving all of my dreams in life, i also know that my children would have a wonderful future,

After making my decision i called on some of my friends to tell them what i forsaw about nigeria in the next 20yrs…………….some dropped out from school and saved some money withing 7yrs and left for places like the bahamas, belgium, austria, south africa, finland, sweden, ireland…………some where very lucky and got a visa to the three best countries to make it and live in the world….united states, canada, australia…….today some of the are lawyers, nurses, doctors, cleaners…………about %90 of them have all reached sucess in those countries …….
only about %10 of those who told me that nigeria would be good by 2000 have succeeded in nigeria today……………20yrs down the road my village is still the same……., no water, bad road, no security, everybody living in fear….
Only the rich can claim to be secured in nigeria today…………If the rich believed that nigeria will be good why are the sending their kids abroad…………, if our pastors believe that nigeria will turn a new leaf in few yrs why are they sending their kids abroad………,

I know some people are arguing that this will save nigeria in the future, i am sorry for this group of people with such thoughts, you think a corrupt government cares what people like you think,

western countries can make such quick changes because there is always alternatives but not a nation like nigeria, it is true that things are not %100 of how it used to be in europe and the united states, but the minimum wage in the united states have not changed, every american student is still being giving scholarship and grants, unemployment benefits, grants, it is lazy americans who wants white collar jobs that are suffering,
nigerians are hard working and talented, we have seen it in nollywood and the rise of the pentecostal churches

In conclusion,, i want to say that except there is a blood bath revolution in nigeria, africa will remain a shame even in 50yrs,

revolutions took place in east africa because the are muslims, they are ready to die,

but it cannot happen in nigeria because christians do not believe in revolution, they are also afraid of death, they forgot that the isrealites fought all throughout generations
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by kizito96(m): 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
Government should stand its ground. That is why i like OBJ sometimes
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by pawa4ul: 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
Do we blame him? Somebody that went to school without sandals in between mangrooves and different sea animals like crocs. How would he reason like a human. He is only exhibiting his low levels and previlege of dining with humans. I doubt if this guy is actually from Niger Delta. He reasoning is entire different.
GEJ MUST GO. GEJ MUST GO. GEJ MUST GO. I DECLARE A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE ON HIM.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by ratiken(m): 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
65 Naira or nothing else. This uprising must be strategic, we need to get this government to a halt. Its time to bring our crude and gas export to zero. Targets will be the all crude and gas trunklines, Qua Iboe Terminal, Bonny NGL export terminal, SHELL, Total and NAOC nearshore and offshore terminal around PH, Omoku and environs. Personnel on these facilities should please vacate soon , Interest is to blow up d facilities without any life loss. Let's ground it all and start afresh, Its gonna get messy guys , Abuja is of no interest , we are smart enough to know where the live wires are. Plans are underway , U can aid if u are close to dese facilities, easy explosives and dynamites
come in handy.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by Pain(m): 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
Some of the youth activists at the forefront of the Nationwide Anti-Fuel Subsidy Removal group in Facebook have been arrested by Jonathan's Secret Police. We will not be watered down by this weak action of a drowning administration. Please even if you are afraid of coming out into the open, you can still ensure that you throw international focus on this injustice by airing your dissatisfaction on global news media like Aljazeera and CNN etc

Please follow link to the "Stream" on Aljazeera here:

http://www.facebook.com/AJStream
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by sledge406: 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
If tthere's any institution to be called useless, believe me when I say TUC, NLC and various unions "claiming" to fight for the masses fit the description. Must you be registered to act your right as a Nigerian?

Whoever said that you needed to fit into any of those unions to be able to undergo strike action? It pains my heart also that so many (Nigerians) don't know the real use of the internet asides being bloody internet warriors.

The simplest thing that can happen, PUBLIC (Government) & PRIVATE sector workers remain in your homes tomorrow (munch on all you have stored in your houses) and when these sectors lose close to billions of naira in a day, let's see who would ask them to give us the ONLY thing we enjoy from Nigeria at least for the time being (SUBSIDIZED FUEL). Trust me, this is harmless and I can assure you, no bloody police officer would ask you out of your houses to work.

The government has successfully changed the prices of EVERYTHING in Nigeria by close to twice (if not more) yet we have no better alternative. Where are the fully functioning train stations? Where is the functioning refinery before you actually remove the subsidy? Where are the alternative sources to PHCN? (and I don't mean generator that run on fuel too)

Trust me when I say many of us don't know what has struck us but believe me, it has hit very hard and if we ever let this be successful, then I'm inclined to say that we'd be prisoners in our country.

Is it a crime or a curse to be Nigerian?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by thehomer: 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
At the very least, the government should start looking into coordinated tax cuts across the three tiers and discarding this high price of number plates for cars.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by kokogee: 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
I don't know why ppl 'r complaining; as if they don't know this is the beginning of GEJ 'fresh air' which made them voted him in.

Pls, stop complaining bcs more dividends of democracy are on the way. Enjoy it Nigerians!!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
Why does suen and his moderators keep deleting my post?

I am sick and tired of Seun and his moderators either deleting or hiding my posts, most especially when it relates to anti government issues.

If Seun knows he has been paid by this present government to only make the present administration look good then he should tell us so we don't waste our energy and resources posting our opinions on this site.

As for the Moderators, you can only silence my opinions from being head on Suen's nairaland and not in the real world.

*Nonsense*
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by Onyocha: 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
recognizing anything called 'fuel subsidy' is the first failure slap to any plan to revert the pump price.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by nikky5(m): 11:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
ANARCHY looms across the land.The gullible people of Naija has been maradonad by the deceptive and corrupt government who cannot deliver on promises.The khaki boys are watching and we pray that may this not be the end of democracy in Nigeria.I pray that my dream concerning this demonstration do not come to pass.Which way Nigeria are we heading to this 2012.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 03, 2012
Sirniyeh:

Said in the true words of a perpetual coward condemned to live his life in servitude and penury for eternity!Weakling, your paternal generation should be castrated!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by temmydude: 8:30am On Jan 03, 2012
Bleep off "TopAnalyst"!!!. Whenever the intelligent folks are having an esoteric discussion on NL, just shut up - It is not compulsory for you to post.
This is a topical issue that adversely affects the life of every Nigeria and you should demonstrate some intelligence and empathy when you talk.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by TopAnalyst(m): 9:21am On Jan 03, 2012
temmydude:

Bleep off "TopAnalyst"!!!. Whenever the intelligent folks are having an esoteric discussion on NL, just shut up - It is not compulsory for you to post.
This is a topical issue that adversely affects the life of every Nigeria and you should demonstrate some intelligence and empathy when you talk.

@ temmydude
Take it cool. I can see you're worked up. I have seen your recent posts on this fuel subsidy matter and noticed that we're on the same side of the debate. I guess your anger was meant to be directed at n.oxide, the poster of the quote which I referenced.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations by Need2Drive(m): 10:09am On Jan 03, 2012
Please lets meet at NLC Yaba office and grow the protest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Killing Of Christians Will Plunge Nigeria Into War – Northern CAN / INEC Stranded As Ad Hoc Staff Fail To Turn Up In Ibadan For Fear Of Attack / Wulemotu Kashamu Is Dead! Buruji Kashamu's Mother Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.