Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,197 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! (8220 Views)

Amaechi To Partner World Bank On Comprehensive Land Transportation Policy.Photos / Biafra: “let Biafrans Go With Their Oil, We Will Find Other Means Of Survival” - / Man Rides Bicycle From Kaduna To Lagos To Thank Yorubas For Voting Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Jakumo(m): 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
Thanks to Bo-Large in the Big Apple for this picture of a captured goat suicide bomber.  Abundant blessings to you sir. 

Pellow kwantiri-men, just remain calm and be on the lookout for this type of shifty-eyed suspect, especially if he is an un-repentant goat-back rider.

Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2012
Wallie:

How much do those Okada bikes go for?

ROFLMAO. . . .where's okadaman to come and supply okada to interested buyers o !
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Wallie(m): 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

ROFLMAO. . . .where's okadaman to come and supply okada to interested buyers o !

grin I just dey ask o but who knows! People need to get from point A to B one way or another, and if they can't afford the normal transportation, they're sure to find another means! A $2k scooter can get you over 100 miles per gallon!
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by UyiIredia(m): 5:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
not a bad idea at all. However, like other posters I wonder whether this tax-crazy Fashola won't come up with another tax scheme intended for bicycle use.
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by born2boink(m): 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
Something like this can sort some of our transport problem

Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by LEXYLOV: 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2012
It's good. I hope the fresh air is smelling very nice fragrance. Please enjoy the bumming without adjust. grin
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by delpee(f): 10:19pm On Jan 03, 2012
@born2fuck

Great idea if BRF will not come up with an oppressive tax regime for cycle owners. BTW is it based on an electrical or mechanical system? Remember we are still working on power supply.
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Impulse80(m): 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2012
Omo men, na cycling levels o
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by tlops(m): 11:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
born2fuck:

Something like this can sort some of our transport problem

I heard they cost about 10,000 eur for each of those.
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 04, 2012
Its a short cut to heaven or hell
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by sniperwolf(m): 3:21am On Jan 04, 2012
Roads no even good for bicycles. One will be applying to much pressure. If say the road be like those uk roads e for make sense
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by y2kaustin(m): 9:54am On Jan 04, 2012
bike one and you are sign a death sentence,how safe will it be?danfo and okada that are menace to Lagos roads,will they share with you?
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by tlops(m): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2012
Uk Roads are not that wider (the part of London I've been to), they are just organised! some countries (scandinavian, holland) usually have bicycle paths too.
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Sholaf(f): 2:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
Impulse80:

Omo men, na cycling levels o
tlops:

I heard they cost about 10,000 eur for each of those.

No, in the Netherland, the Pedicab Rickshaw is 4,000 Euro.
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by cynthiafred67(f): 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2012
Fresh Air!!!
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2012
y2kaustin:

bike one and you are sign a death sentence,how safe will it be?danfo and okada that are menace to Lagos roads,will they share with you?

Once you've made up your mind to see just negatives, that's all you'll see. Danfo are a risk to both Okada and pedestrians, Okada are a risk to pedestrians too. Does that mean you'll stop walking?
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by y2kaustin(m): 10:23am On Jan 05, 2012
@siena lagos is not a good option to test run that,trust me on this.
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 05, 2012
y2kaustin:

@siena lagos is not a good option to test run that,trust me on this.

Bro, I understand the menace of traffic in Lagos, but pedestrians are also at risk. Would you stop going out on foot? The cycle option has to start in Lagos at some point. Okada riders are also at risk from Danfo and Molue, so what's the difference?
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Kobojunkie: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2012
@Poster, I am a biker -- bike daily to work and fro. I even bike to Church.

I believe it would be a great idea to re-introduce bicycling to Nigerians and I hope this will be the year. It is a serious market here, and I would not mind exporting that to Nigeria in partnership with any other group  already thinking along the same line, or involved in same. I already deal in bikes here. I have tons of project bikes that I end up delivering to the local Salvation army at the end of the year, but would be great if I could deliver new and refurbished bikes to Nigeria knowing they will be used.
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by y2kaustin(m): 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2012
@kobojunkie, i would be glad and ready to work with you as in marketing it here in Lagos Nigeria and to even neighboring states, here is my contact 234-8134340380
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2012
Where can som1 buy a Hybrid bike in Naija? I need 1 ASAP
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2012
A hybrid, in Nigeria? And when you say hybrid, you are not referring to a sort of bicycle with alternative power mechanism, right?
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by knowledge4(m): 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2012
Another income revenue for the police will be created in Lagos
Every bicycle owner & rider has to carry his Bicycle Particulars, helmet, C-Caution, Fire Extinguisher, Certificate of Road Worthiness, Riders Card, EMR, Purchase receipt and MOT.
In Lagos, there are routes where motorcycles have been banned. It may apply to bicycles too.
I think its a good idea to start riding bicycles as a palliative measure
However those leg pedalled bicycles wont be ideal for Lagos where you have to cover great distances.
There used to be an engine propelled bicycle which can do 40 kms an hour. i think it uses one litre of fuel to cover 40kms.I saw the advert a long time ago but am not sure.
Such a bicycle,if available will sell in Nigeria.
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^^ Only if Bicycle owners decide to play MORONS too. Many of the things listed are not even required by law. And so if people choose to allow themselves be bullied into believing and paying for such, that is there business.
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2012
I believe Kobo's initiative makes perfect sense.

As for the use of a cycle helmet, it may well save your life. Between the upright position and the road, the speed your skull will travel in the event of a fall is approximately 16 - 20 mph, enough to bust your head open. Common sense dictates you should protect your skull.
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2012
knowledge4:

However those leg pedalled bicycles wont be ideal for Lagos where you have to cover great distances.
There used to be an engine propelled bicycle which can do 40 kms an hour. i think it uses one litre of fuel to cover 40kms.I saw the advert a long time ago but am not sure.
Such a bicycle,if available will sell in Nigeria.

A Major part of lagos remains rural. Riding bikes is not only in the city or major towns. There are areas, even in Lekki, that could benefit from more bicycle traffic and less motor cars trying to ply roads in terrible states. Even during the rainy season, getting around on bikes is ideal for many areas in Lagos. However, Nigeria is not all Lagos. So, let's not just restrict this to Lagos city.
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by tlops(m): 9:31pm On Jan 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:

A hybrid, in Nigeria? And when you say hybrid, you are not referring to a sort of bicycle with alternative power mechanism, right?

yes, alternative power mechanism= Jazz!

that reminds me, anyone knows how to do "disappearing act".
Re: Bicycle Vs Other Means Of Land Transportation! by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
There are bicycles that come with charging units so you do not have to spend so much of your energy doing the pedaling. Some are electric plugin units while others come with about the same as what you would have on a motorcycle, but only smaller.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria & Russia Commence Nuclear Power Generation Programme / Presidency Defends N5.6bn Paid To Ex-militants / You Need To See What Gov Rochas Okorocha Said About Biafra Yesterday(must See)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.