Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

I Want To Marry Rich - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Marry Rich (3571 Views)

Why Do Girls Marry Rich Guys Only To Regret In Future? / Lady That Wants To Marry Rich Man Got Priceless Reply. (pic) / Do Women Who Marry Poor Men Have Regrets While Seeing Others Who Marry Rich Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Marry Rich by vivika(f): 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2012
Growing up, i always told my mum i ways going to marry a celeb and have 6kids  cool cool cool cool, so i worked very hard at maintaining my figure*it is even evident* wink. I am turning 21 this year *whoop whoop* and for some reason i have this irrational fear that i won't marry before 25 because mumsi married at 21. Am i being unreasonable with my fear? Because i have 4 aunties who are in their late 30s and not married and about 3 more who married in their mid/late 30s. I don't want to be like them, but i also want to marry a celeb. Any advice?
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Kslib(m): 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2012
You want to marry a rich guy?or*you don't want to marry early?or*you want to marry a celebrity?btw,what's so special about celebrities?
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by 9janinja1(f): 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2012
dude i totally understand what your saying, i have the same fear but mine does not involve celebs  and i honestly dont plan on compromising.  you should try and better yourself as well so who ever marries you isnt just getting your looks. change your circle of friends and dear God whatever you do dont look desperate.   wink
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
vivika:

Growing up, i always told my mum i ways going to marry a celeb and have 6kids  cool cool cool cool, so i worked very hard at maintaining my figure*it is even evident* wink. I am turning 21 this year *whoop whoop* and for some reason i have this irrational fear that i won't marry before 25 because mumsi married at 21. Am i being unreasonable with my fear? Because i have 4 aunties who are in their late 30s and not married and about 3 more who married in their mid/late 30s. I don't want to be like them, but i also want to marry a celeb. Any advice?

interesting. . .Why the anxiety to be married? And why the need to marry a celebrity?

As much as you are entitled to your opinion. . .based on your views. . .I think you are setting yourself up for disappointments. . .
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by moremi2008(m): 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
I hope you get exactly what you deserve! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by pendo89(f): 7:57pm On Jan 02, 2012
angry
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Nobody: 3:23am On Jan 03, 2012
vivika:

Growing up, i always told my mum i ways going to marry a celeb and have 6kids  cool cool cool cool, so i worked very hard at maintaining my figure*it is even evident* wink.

****MBJ does the sign of the cross****
however you may wanna look at it, you are bound for failure. . . . . . . .especially when "maintaining your figure" is how you plan on achieving this "dream". your wake up call will be coming very soon, i hope you dont sell yourself to the first donkey that comes your way, out of desperation. we all had dreams about different things in our childhood, BUT as we grew up, we all understood and separate FANTASY from REALITY.

I am turning 21 this year *whoop whoop* and for some reason i have this irrational fear that i won't marry before 25 because mumsi married at 21. Am i being unreasonable with my fear?

any normal human being will have a PLAN B (especially with such fairytale dreams), hopefully you are also working on yours?!
sadly, your whole agenda IS irrational, so there is nothing to worry about.

Because i have 4 aunties who are in their late 30s and not married and about 3 more who married in their mid/late 30s. I don't want to be like them, but i also want to marry a celeb. Any advice?

instead of taking their marital status as a CLUE (i doubt they were dreaming of marrying a POOR man), you keep on beating your head thinking about achieving that dream of yours.

i am sorry but i just have to ask you:
- what exactly do you have to offer apart from a nice figure?
- as a trophy gf/wife, how do you plan on keeping that celebrity (who has seen his fair share of desperate women like you) interested in you for more than a few months?
- what are your plans AFTER you achieve that dream? is that THE END?
- does this celebrity/rich man has to have any criteria or you are so desperate that you are willing to settle with any donkey out there?
- how low are you willing to go to get this rich man? second wife/sugar daddy/mistress/high maintenance whoring, which will you accept?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Nobody: 3:40am On Jan 03, 2012
advice? don't hold your breath. And get a damn job. tongue
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by moremi2008(m): 3:53am On Jan 03, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

however you may wanna look at it, you are bound for failure. . . . . . . .especially when "maintaining your figure" is how you plan on achieving this "dream". your wake up call will be coming very soon, i hope you dont sell yourself to the first donkey that comes your way, out of desperation. we all had dreams about different things in our childhood, BUT as we grew up, we all understood and separate FANTASY from REALITY.

any normal human being will have a PLAN B (especially with such fairytale dreams), hopefully you are also working on yours?!

instead of taking their marital status as a CLUE (i doubt they were dreaming of marrying a POOR man), you keep on beating your head thinking about achieving that dream of yours.

- as a trophy gf/wife, how do you plan on keeping that celebrity (who has seen his fair share of desperate women like you) interested in you for more than a few months?
- does this celebrity/rich man has to have any criteria or you are so desperate that you are willing to settle with any donkey out there?
- how low are you willing to go to get this rich man? second wife/sugar daddy/mistress/high maintenance whoring, which will you accept?

Thanks for taking the time to talk sense into her dull head. Why do some women think they have something a thousand other desperate women don't have? Does she realize how DESPERATE some women are to marry celebrities in the US? Is she willing to pay the price and cut her losses when she turns one day over 30? What then, after that? Is she willing to risk herpes, HIV, drug/alcohol dependency, abortions, a. n. a. l. fissures, r. a. p. e. by multiple men, and severe beatings in exchange for designer shoes and bags? This girl barely knows what she's talking about. I have had female friends who courted this dream and suffered badly (these "celebrity" men aren't dumb; they are vicious and they will use any desperate woman in horrible ways and then dump them). She needs to go search the web for horror stories and start thinking of a new get-rich-quick plan immediately.
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Mynd44: 4:16am On Jan 03, 2012
People like this OP is the reason why 2face has too many baby mamas

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Rich by iice(f): 5:01am On Jan 03, 2012
Maintain figure at 20?
And after marriage, time to let go of the figure shey? undecided
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Mynd44: 5:15am On Jan 03, 2012
^^^
Abeg ask her oooo
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by MarcAnthon(m): 5:49am On Jan 03, 2012
iice:

Maintain figure at 20?
And after marriage, time to let go of the figure shey? undecided

I was wondering myself. Unless one has a serious propensity for obesity then that shouldn't be such an achievement at 20. I do hope the OP is not implying she's as thin as a rake though.

And six children? In this day and age? I certainly haven't heard anyone put up anything near that figure in today's world. OP, that could just be a pointer that you should abandon the whole childhood dream thing. The fact that you're even asking about it means you're having self doubts. And you should. Unless you are a very good actress your 'ulterior' motives will always come through if and when you eventually come within touching distance of these celebs, and as has already been pointed out, they do know how to use your desperation to their advantage.

The best route to marrying a celeb is to be one yourself. The best way to marry rich is to be rich yourself. Then you would have no apologies and no desperation whatsoever. So the apt question is: what are you doing to become rich or a celeb? If your ace is just your 'figure', then sorry, you MAY become 40 and unmarried. But then miracles do happen, don't they?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Rich by MrsChima1(f): 6:14am On Jan 03, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

See! I knew MBJ was gon comment on this thread! You let me down BRO! grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by freecocoa(f): 6:24am On Jan 03, 2012
OP MBJ has said it all but I must say,you are one dull girl. How can that rubbish you put up there be your goal in life? Nkea dikwa vely selious.
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 03, 2012
Mrs C
how can i pass on such a juicy thread? lol!

the OP is talking about keeping her figure to catch the big fish, but then dream on having 6 kids which will CERTAINLY make her put on weight, and LOOSE the big fish!

trophy wives never last because, after a few yrs of banging her, that rich man will be ready to settle with a better/sexier/finer toy wife out there.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Mynd44: 8:16am On Jan 03, 2012
freecocoa:

OP MBJ has said it all but I must say,you are one dull girl. How can that rubbish you put up there be your goal in life? Nkea dikwa vely selious.
But you have to admit she does have her priorites straight and this early in live. Girl go after your dream jorh. ODE you are 21 and already planning your downfall
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by pendo89(f): 8:25am On Jan 03, 2012
Who said kids = shapeless?

I got 9 kids.And I find it hard convincing peeps I have a kid.

Be a sexy mom.Its very possible.

Poster is just thinking and talking her age. With time her mentality will change.
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Mynd44: 8:31am On Jan 03, 2012
9 kids huh? And you still have the time to come on NL regularly? Forget the looks I ain't biting
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 03, 2012
pendo89:

Who said kids = shapeless?

I got 9 kids.And I find it hard convincing peeps I have a kid.

Be a sexy mom.Its very possible.

Poster is just thinking and talking her age. With time her mentality will change.

yes you are right, it is possible for the OP to be a sexy mom of 6, BUT, do you really think she will be able to compete with all the younger/sexier/fresher/more desperate gals out there (while caring for 6 kids)?!
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by pendo89(f): 8:51am On Jan 03, 2012
angry
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 03, 2012
op why not re-dream? Think of becoming rich yourself or do you think that is impossible? Never and i mean never rely on anyone but yourself to get to the promised land. This present dream of yours has failed many young ladies like yourself.
Maintaining your figure at 21 without having had any kids? an achievement?
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Ivynwa(f): 9:13am On Jan 03, 2012
How about being a "Celeb" yourself? I mean you want a reknowned and rich person and I am wondering why you didn't think more about being rich and reknowned yourself and working towards it instead of stopping at dreaming of tagging alongside a celeb and smiling at other women while thinking "I am such a big girl that this celeb is my man".

Girl, you can be the celeb. Expand your horizon.
----at 21 or is it 20 you should be concerned with getting your degrees and skills etc.

Open your eyes dear, nobody sits around waiting for a rich man nowadays, haven't you noticed that every woman is working hard? Look around you haven't you noticed how men rush Bankers and wealthy women? Hehe you think that some men don't want to marry rich too, dey there  grin shocked cool
Even the Celebs prefer their women rich and wealthy too so If you want to marry a celeb, think like a celeb.
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by born2boink(m): 9:17am On Jan 03, 2012
The Rich easily marry the Rich, if you want to marry the rich then work your way to make yourself rich, you cannot be expecting a guy from victoria island parading ajegunle in search of girls, its rare abeg, you better work hard on your education and skills to make yourself a living legend
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 03, 2012
@pendo89
sadly, such gal will get her wake up call when she is cheaply used and passed on from one rich guy to the next, until they have all tasted her cherry pie.
she will end up being just like her aunts, in her 30s and single, and she will therefore lower the bar and now "dream" of settling with ANYONE alive!

andromida:

op  why not re-dream? Think of becoming rich yourself or do you think that is impossible? Never and i mean never rely on anyone but yourself to get to the promised land. This present dream of yours has failed many young ladies like yourself.

such dreams are embedded into these women by society, direct family, African customs, or simply too much MTV and Nollywood! some are selling themselves for a BB while the OP wants to sell herself for "marriage with a rich guy/celebrity".
so she actually believes that all these other ones, who spread their legs for BB/Gucci bags, recharge cards etc are doing it because thats their aspiration in life. bwaaaah, if she only knew that they all started like her, dreaming of getting married to the big fish!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Mynd44: 9:35am On Jan 03, 2012
Intresting
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Ivynwa(f): 9:37am On Jan 03, 2012
andromida:

op why not re-dream? Think of becoming rich yourself or do you think that is impossible? Never and i mean never rely on anyone but yourself to get to the promised land. This present dream of yours has failed many young ladies like yourself.

Nice that we have the same line of thought on this,

I was typing my comment only to post and see you just posted exactly what I have in mind.
The location of this poster just caught my attention and I am astounded that a young lady in the American environment can be thinking like this. While posting I even thought I was talking to somebody that lives in Naija and is thinking shallowly. I am amazed.

Poster have you ever wondered why

Chris Brown paired with Rihanna
Jay-z paired with Beyonce
Bierber paired with Selena

It's all about the "Celebrity" Baby! A celeb man wants him a celeb lady unless you want to recruit Kris Jenner, heard that she is good at "How to net down a celeb" 101.  grin kiss kiss
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Ranoscky(m): 9:44am On Jan 03, 2012
OP, and so [b]f[/b]uck what, if u wanto marry a celeb?
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Exponental(m): 11:23am On Jan 03, 2012
Get ur priorities right. Other than luck, be ready 2 giv up something, else u join d club.
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
Ivynwa:

Nice that we have the same line of thought on this,

I was typing my comment only to post and see you just posted exactly what I have in mind.
The location of this poster just caught my attention and I am astounded that a young lady in the American environment can be thinking like this. While posting I even thought I was talking to somebody that lives in Naija and is thinking shallowly. I am amazed.

Poster have you ever wondered why

Chris Brown paired with Rihanna
Jay-z paired with Beyonce
Bierber paired with Selena

It's all about the "Celebrity" Baby! A celeb man wants him a celeb lady unless you want to recruit Kris Jenner, heard that she is good at "How to net down a celeb" 101.  grin kiss kiss
I was equally suprised to see that op lives in the land of opportunities now if it were a naija gal,
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by SAFO(m): 1:39pm On Jan 03, 2012
Well, since you've heard the flip side (reality), here are a few tips you'll need to snag that celeb hubby you're so desperately seeking.

1. Dress to impress. If you want to hang with the creme de la creme you must look the part. The around the way chic look is not going to get it. Especially when your competition will be 5 steps ahead of you.

2. Be observant, you're looking for the big score here. You need to be on your A game. Don't be fooled by the flossing. Know your celeb and do your background checks (is he financially well off) . Be prepared to stalk your celeb.

3. Know your hot spots, every groupie knows where the stars are going to be. What are the best hotels to hang around at? Which venues should you attend? You must be one step ahead of your celeb.

Hopefully these few tips will help you in your endeavors. Oh and last but not least, if you do snag your celeb. You must insist on not using a condom.

Remember the strategy is that you're trying to get pregnant. If the marriage doesn't work out, you'll need a plan B, thus forcing your celeb to pay child support, which you’ll probably spend on yourself for the next 18 years. Otherwise, you're just a fool.
Re: I Want To Marry Rich by Ivynwa(f): 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
SAFO:

Well, since you've heard the flip side (reality), here are a few tips you'll need to snag that celeb hubby you're so desperately seeking.

1. Dress to impress. If you want to hang with the creme de la creme you must look the part. The around the way chic look is not going to get it. Especially when your competition will be 5 steps ahead of you.

2. Be observant, you're looking for the big score here. You need to be on your A game. Don't be fooled by the flossing. Know your celeb and do your background checks (is he financially well off) . Be prepared to stalk your celeb.

3. Know your hot spots, every groupie knows where the stars are going to be. What are the best hotels to hang around at? Which venues should you attend? You must be one step ahead of your celeb.

Hopefully these few tips will help you in your endeavors. Oh and last but not least, if you do snag your celeb. You must insist on not using a condom.

Remember the strategy is that you're trying to get pregnant. If the marriage doesn't work out, you'll need a plan B, thus forcing your celeb to pay child support, which you’ll probably spend on yourself for the next 18 years. Otherwise, you're just a fool.

@Safo
You are so freaking funny
(Ivynwa nods her head repeatedly) Now I understand clearly how Tuface got played. Poor boy! grin grin Safo why you sef no warn Tuface in time and 5 times dude got played. Ouch!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy That You Are Taller Than? / Trick To Know If A Lady Gave You Wrong Number / Has Any Of You Ladies Ever Wooed A Guy Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.