Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,083 members, 7,849,397 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:25 PM

Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? (23273 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Onlytruth(m): 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2012
2mch:

Was it not you, Ezeuche and gang insulting ND people, and talking about how much you will like to get even for what they did to you in Biafra a few months ago? You must be enjoying Bros Jona's misery. cheesy wink

Of course it was not me. It could NEVER be me because I know the enemies of Eastern Nigeria.
Jona's "crime" is that he is Ijaw and dared to win a presidential election in Nigeria. So, you and your Northern masters are restless. Well, welcome to NEW Nigeria.  wink

Jona na awa man.  cool
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Onlytruth(m): 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

Nope it is good to support someone you believe in. Heck the SW and Middle belt voted for Jonathan so who am I.

I am tell you people especially You eze ndigbo of nairaland to stop tribalism the issue of fuel subsidy like Beaf is doing.

Reason for my statement is because it is seen as anti-Nigerian. I don't want to believe that you are anti-Nigerian so rather it is better to even be a neutral than support beaf with his bigotry by calling Beroms, yorubas, hausa, fulanis, Idomas, Nupes, Kanuri, Bini, Igala, Tiv, etc as Parasites

thanks

@first bolded, SW did not vote Jona. Everybody knows that. They sat home.
@second bolded, I am not anti-Nigeria. I am PRO-Truth.  cool
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

Of course it was not me. It could NEVER be me because I know the enemies of Eastern Nigeria.
Jona's "crime" is that he is Ijaw and dared to win a presidential election in Nigeria. So, you and your Northern masters are restless. Well, welcome to NEW Nigeria.  wink

Jona na awa man.  cool

Very wrong. the Nigerian especially the SWerners and Middlebelt were the ones that made Jonathan the president. Not because he is a "minority" or whatever you people call you neighbours but because they all supported the rule of law regardless of ethnicity or race.

Now what you are doing is throwing that hand or openness back at their faces
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by MarcAnthon(m): 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
Why do you guys humor this sycophantic mor0n with replies
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Onlytruth(m): 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

Very wrong. the Nigerian especially the SWerners and Middlebelt were the ones that made Jonathan the president. Not because he is a "minority" or whatever you people call you neighbours but because they all supported the rule of law regardless of ethnicity or race.

Now what you are doing is throwing that hand or openness back at their faces

SE, SS and NC made Jonathan president. FACT.  cool
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

@first bolded, SW did not vote Jona. Everybody knows that. They sat home.
@second bolded, I am not anti-Nigeria. I am PRO-Truth.  cool

who is everyone, you and beaf ?

Who seat at home, or you were in lagos and ekiti abi ?

Yes you are anti-Nigerian. That is a fact !!!!! what the non-sense you are putting up here
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 9:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

stop telling urself a lie. Moreover Middle belt and South-west are watching you people closely
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Onlytruth(m): 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

who is everyone, you and beaf ?

Who seat at home, or you were in lagos and ekiti abi ?

Yes you are anti-Nigerian. That is a fact !!!!! what the non-sense you are putting up here

Let me help you a little, Alj_harem.

There is A LOT OF LIES in Nigeria, and anytime one of such lie shows up, I fight it to the last.
So, if fighting a lie is tantamount to being anti-Nigeria, then, I am VERY PROUD to be the MOST ANTI-NIGERIAN on earth.  cool cool cool
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

Nah, 25 million extra false votes, thumb printed by 17 people  under the cover of darkness made Jona Bobo the Presido.

Abi you don forget the videos?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2012
lol @ "anti-Nigerian!!!" grin grin grin
Is to be a "pro-Nigerian" the same as being a lazy, hypocritical, blackmailing phuck?

I laughs in boko harem! grin
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aletheia(m): 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

Reason for my statement is because it is seen as anti-Nigerian. I don't want to believe that you are anti-Nigerian so rather it is better to even be a neutral than support beaf with his bigotry by calling Beroms, yorubas, hausa, fulanis, Idomas, Nupes, Kanuri, Bini, Igala, Tiv, etc as Parasites

Hey. You guys are on your own. Stop dragging other tribes in. . .you dey mention Berom & Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri together? Beroms have said "never again" and I think the other tribes share their views.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 10:04pm On Jan 04, 2012
aletheia:

Hey. You guys are on your own. Stop dragging other tribes in. . .you dey mention Berom & Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri together? Beroms have said "never again" and I think the other tribes share their views.

1. There was a mini protest in Jos but because of the recent religious crisis, the protest was AGREED to be stopped

2. Yes yorubas because of what Onlytruth and other bigots like beaf and co are saying

3. I mentioned other ethnic groups because Beaf and others called them PARASITES
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 10:08pm On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

1. There was a mini protest in Jos but because of the recent religious crisis, the protest was AGREED to be stopped

2. Yes yorubas because of what Onlytruth and other bigots like beaf and co are saying

3. I mentioned other ethnic groups because Beaf and others called them PARASITES

Hello! Point at the exact line where I mentioned any specific ethnic group or maintain yourself as the shameless liar that you are. Go on, its a challenge.
Brainless mollusc.

You are only responding here because of the id!otic bigotry that drives you and 90% of the "revolutionaries."
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by FACE(m): 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2012
FACE

Please contact me when you can at ezendigbo_nl@hushmail.com
Your performance here is simply brilliant. I need smart folks in my "cabinet".

If you can, please register at hushmail, and use the email to contact me.
Anyi ga enwe ihu na ihu otu ubochi.

Onlytruth, I meela. A ga m edere gi n'oge n'adighi anya. Jisie ike.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

Hello! Point at the exact line where I mentioned any specific ethnic group or maintain yourself as the shameless liar that you are. Go on, its a challenge.
Brainless mollusc.

You are only responding here because of the id!otic bigotry that drives you and 90% of the "revolutionaries."

Can point to us who you were referring to as Parasites ?

Let me remain you of your statement that you called non-oil producing states as parasites unless you have edited your post
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

Can point to us who you were referring to as Parasites ?

Let me remain you of your statement that you called non-oil producing states as parasites unless you have edited your post

You are a good example of a parasite, so look in the mirror. I'll also add that you are a shameless, hate filled, lying bigot.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by 2mch(m): 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

You are an example of a parasite, so look in the mirror. I'll also add that you are a shameless, hate filled, lying bigot.
!!!!!

WHAT! It seems Beaf has changed strategy. I am sure his army on NL are deleting posts. I saw with my eyes how you tried to use tribalism, calling Yoruba's and Northerner's parasites. Where is Gbawe?! This is unbelievable. GADDEMIT! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

You are a good example of a parasite, so look in the mirror. I'll also add that you are a shameless, hate filled, lying bigot.

How am I a parasite, is it because I am not from ur region or what ?

Here is one of ur silly comments

Maybe this are the parasites you were talking about

It will never start. The protests are for lazy phuckers who cannot bear to think.
Under true federalism, there would be no subsidy, so why would Nigerians speak with two sides of the mouth? Why mouth true federalism when many are just lazy clowns?

I am yet to see anybody protesting, because their state govt is phucked and the LG chairman's office serves only as a brothel, while constituents wallow in poverty and unemployment. Do you think your governor and LG chairman were elected for decoration?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do we mouth true federalism only to display a total lack of will to think?
I find it weird that anybody would go out and risk their lives whereas, their states produce nothing. Should we not be demonstrating instead for our states and LG's to actually begin developing instead of receiving monthly beggarly money from Abuja?

Abuja does not develop states and LG's, lets find out whose job that is.

I[b]f anyone is crying for true federalism, then let them put their money where their mouth is and cut out the hypocrisy of free gifts.[/b]

Me and mine will watch the protests on TV.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do your state and LG require an SNG to become productive, instead of hefting a monthly begging bowl to Abuja? The hypocrisy further shows in the fact that you are ready to demonstrate for the right to FG freebies,
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2012
2mch:

!!!!!

WHAT! It seems Beaf has changed strategy. I am sure his army on NL are deleting posts. I saw with my eyes how you tried to use tribalism, calling Yoruba's and Northerner's parasites. Where is Gbawe?! This is unbelievable. GADDEMIT! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are you minding the bigot
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2012
Bigots would tell us GEJ was never wrong and we are just against GEJ because he is from the south or Igbo/Ijaw, Can you imagine such stu.pidity ?

Quote from Alj harem

When you let sentiments blind you reasoning then you should know you have started thinking like a fish
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2012
2mch:

!!!!!

Woooooow!!!! I can't believe this Beaf guy sha!

Something we all saw with our eyes. Infact, YOU SAID THE EXACT SAME THING ON TWITTER AS @RENOOMOKRI and everyone attacked you including @ElRufai.

So, why the denial?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by 2mch(m): 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2012
kingoflag:

Woooooow!!!! I can't believe this Beaf guy sha!

Something we all saw with our eyes. Infact, YOU SAID THE EXACT SAME THING ON TWITTER AS @RENOOMOKRI and everyone attacked you including @ElRufai.

So, why the denial?

Everything Beaf says as of today must be quoted for reference. This guy is just WOW. My mouth cannot close o. Well his recent  backing down may show that GEJ is giving up. Am sure this is most evident since Christians (Igbo, Yoruba, Northerner ) and Muslims (Yoruba and Northerner) came together in the Kano protest. Shame to bad people and tribal warlord benefactors. The fact is the damage has been done. Over 5,000 people have read this page. Please share the news that GEJ is a tribalist. He is not a Nigerian president but an ND president as Beaf will have us believe.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2012
2mch:

Everything Beaf says as of today must be quoted for reference. This guy is just WOW. My mouth cannot close o. Well his recent  backing down may show that GEJ is giving up. Am sure this is most evident since Christians (Igbo, Yoruba, Northerner ) and Muslims (Yoruba and Northerner) came together in the Kano protest. Shame to bad people and tribal warlord benefactors. The fact is the damage has been done. Over 5,000 people have read this page. Please share the news that GEJ is a tribalist. He is not a Nigerian president but an ND president as Beaf will have us believe.

actually GEJ is not a tribalist, his goons like beaf and co are the tribalist here.

Now what he is doing and has worked perfectly for him is that he uses this SS/SE mentality to the Igbos on Nairaland and tries to give them a sense of euphoria. Thus you see Chyz, Onlytruth, PointB and other Nairaland Igbo bigots supporting him.

GEJ is our President and No bigot has ever or would ever be a president. That is the law of Nigeria.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2012
Only deluded fools think Beaf = Reno Omokri. But I will leave you clowns to air your arses and talk rubbish as is usual with your kind.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2012
Govt has just announced that there is no going back on the subsidy. cool
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by 2mch(m): 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

actually GEJ is not a tribalist, his goons like beaf and co are the tribalist here.

Now what he is doing and has worked perfectly for him is that he uses this SS/SE mentality to the Igbos on Nairaland and tries to give them a sense of euphoria. Thus you see Chyz, Onlytruth, PointB and other Nairaland Igbo bigots support him.

GEJ is our President and No bigot has ever or would ever be a president. That is the law of Nigeria.

It appears Beaf is starting to slowly step back from his Oga and this subsidy thing. See him trying to appear sympathetic. I hope Beaf is not planning to run on exile since everything is not going as planned. Hmm!  
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 10:53pm On Jan 04, 2012
2mch:

It appears Beaf is starting to slowly step back from his Oga and this subsidy thing. See him trying to appear sympathetic. I hope Beaf is not planning to run on exile since everything is not going as planned. Hmm!  

He is appearing sympathetic so as not to look like a paid agent. Trust me, that tactic would not work.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 10:53pm On Jan 04, 2012
[size=14pt]No going back on subsidy removal -FEC[/size]
January 4, 2012 by Lekan Adetayo, Abuja 202 Comments

The Federal Executive Council on Wednesday said it would not rescind the removal of the subsidy on petroleum products.

Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, told newsmen at the end of the emergency FEC meeting at the Council Chambers of the State House, Abuja, that government was not unmindful of the pains being experienced by Nigerians, as a result of the action.

He said the Federal Government had commenced a ‘massive mass transit scheme’ to cushion the effect of the subsidy removal on transportation. Under the scheme, thousands of mass transit vehicles are to be distributed.

He was joined by the Minister of Trade and Investment, Mr. Olusegun Aganga; and the Minister of Transport, Idris Umar.

The emergency meeting, which was chaired by President Goodluck Jonathan, began at 12. 15p.m and around 3.30pm.
Vice-President Namadi Sambo; Labour Minister, Emeka Wogu; and the Minister of National Planning, Shamsudeen Usman, were among those in attendance.
Absent from the meeting were Finance Minister, Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; and Petroleum Minister, Mrs. Dieziani Alison-Madueke.
FEC last met on December 21 and adjourned till January 11.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-summons-emergency-fec-meeting/
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 10:56pm On Jan 04, 2012
Normal service resumes. . .

[size=14pt]Reps make U-turn on subsidy removal[/size]
January 4, 2012 by John Ameh, Abuja

Three days after the Federal Government removed the subsidy on petrol, the House of Representatives adjusted its stance on the issue, claiming it had not taken a definite position on the issue.

In a fresh statement it issued in Abuja on Tuesday, the House said its position on the controversial policy would be guided by the majority opinions of members.

Members are currently observing the Christmas and New Year break and will reconvene on Tuesday, January 10.

The Deputy Chairman of the House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Mr. Victor Ogene, signed Tuesday’s statement.

It read in part, “The House of Representatives has not taken any definite decision on the subsidy matter before it proceeded on recess on December 20, 2011.

“However, the House of Representatives would immediately upon resumption on Tuesday, January 10, 2012, commence exhaustive deliberation and consultation with other stakeholders on the issue, and wishes to assure all Nigerians that as the elected representatives of the people, the outcome will be reflective of the views of majority of members.”

The latest statement was contrary to the earlier position the House took on December 1 when it considered and approved a report on the medium Term Expenditure Framework and Fiscal Strategy Paper on the 2012 budget.

The report, a product of the House Joint Committee on Appropriation, Finance and Legislative Budget, opposed the removal of subsidy on petroleum products.

Members in plenary, endorsed the report, describing any move by the Executive to remove subsidy as “premature.”

The House also kicked against the proposal of the President to use proceeds from subsidy removal to fund the deficit in the 2012 budget.

Part of the report adopted on December 1, reads, “The proposal on fuel subsidy removal, as contained in the revised Fiscal Strategy Paper, is premature.

“Sources other than relying on savings from proposed subsidy removal as part of financing items for expected deficit (of 2012 budget) should be explored.”

Besides, the Chairman of the Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Mr. Zakari Mohammed, had consistently told Nigerians that the House was against the removal of subsidy on fuel.

Only last week, Mohammed had insisted that there was no going back on the opposition to the removal of subsidy.

“We are the representatives of the people; on this issue of subsidy. We are on the same page with the people of Nigeria,” he had said.

“If they support the removal of subsidy, we will support it, but so far, the opinion of the people is that they do not want subsidy to be removed.

“The House does not take a position that will add to the pains Nigerians are already facing,” he had said.

But, on Tuesday, his deputy, Ogene, said that the House had not taken a decision on subsidy.

Mohammed is currently out of the country.

Only on Monday, opposition lawmakers had vowed to do everything within their powers to stop Jonathan.

The Deputy Minority Leader, Suleiman Kawu, had called the removal of subsidy another form of terrorism against Nigerians.

He threatened that the House would use “the law” to stop Jonathan but did not give details.

http://www.punchng.com/news/reps-make-u-turn-on-subsidy-removal/
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by debosky(m): 11:01pm On Jan 04, 2012
It seems the Ghana Must Gos from GEJ's subsidy bribery campaign have started taking effect on the Reps. . .
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by blacksta(m): 11:01pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf what is your thought on the 1600 buses. Is that not subsidy?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
The REPS ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM (FG) these are the people collecting 70 % of the total money IGR the country generates. What do we expect

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget / Buhari Nominates Chairman, Commissioners For NCC / Lagos Unveils Free Wi-fi Internet Service In Public Parks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.