Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,160 members, 7,829,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? (18335 Views)

Poll: Would you date/marry a submissive man?

Yes, Of Course!: 30% (18 votes)
No: 38% (23 votes)
Depends on the situation: 31% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? / Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? / Why Do Men Want Submissive Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by ronkebp(f): 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2012
@ POSTER, i can marry a submissive man as long as i respect him and am submissive to him also, infact i will prefer a submissive man anyday to a macho man that has nothing to offer except to bully people around, If a submissive man would keep my home, and the sanity in it, then why not??
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by 3ndy(f): 11:43pm On Jan 05, 2012
DEAR NAIRALANDERS,
DEAR SISTERS,
TODAY SOMETHING MEMORABLE HAPPEND,
I MADE OGBONO SOUP AND PEPPERSOUP STEW, (SEEMS LIKE STEW BUT IT'S ACTUALLY PEPPERSOUP, U CAN EAT IT IN DIFFERENT WAYS, )
I ACTUALLY WENT MINDLESS WHILE COOKING, RESULT IT WAS REALLY DELICIOUS,
THEN I CALLED HIM TO COME MAKE POUNDY FOR US TO EAT!!
HE SAID WHERE IS THE WATER??
ME: HONEY PLS COULD YOU HANDDLE IT??
HIM: WHAT DO U MEAN WITH THAT??
ME: WELL I'M OBVIOSLY BUSY, SO CAN'T U HELP ME?
HIM: AT LEAST PUT THE WATER
ME: (BLENDING TOMATOE AND PEPPER SNEEZING)
HIM: WELL LEAVE IT I'M NOT HUNGRY ANYMORE
ME: HONEY I REALLY DON'T LIKE WHAT U'RE DOING!! I ASKED U 1 THING AND U ACT LIKE THIS, IT'S REALLY NOT NICE
HIM: AHN AHN U SAY U DON'T WANT TO MAKE IT NOW, NOW I'M NO MORE HUNGRY, ABEG I NO FIT SHOUT
AND HE LEFT,
I FINISHED PREPARING THE MEAL FOR EVERYONE, WE ALL ATE (STARCH NOT POUNDY) HE DIDN'T BOTHER TO COME DOWNSTAIRS (DINNING-KITCHEN ROOM)
THEN I WENT TO OUR ROOM AND HE WAS WATCHING FILM, HE SAID NOTHING, LOOKED AT ME AND WENT TO BED,
ASKED FOR WATER, AND NOW SLEEPING!!
NOW I'M WAITING FOR THE STORM, SO I CAN KNOW IF THIS IS GOING TO STAND ANY FURTHER,
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Chimezie198(m): 12:14am On Jan 06, 2012
Watchout for part2
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:25am On Jan 06, 2012
abeg stop bothering us with your story.

Obviously you like the drama. wetin you want us to do? and why are you two living together

abeg Im done.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 06, 2012
Chimezie198:

chei! I pity Mr. Chima oo! Submissive indeed!
Mister chima dey wear wrapper and brassiere for house and na im dey cook while mrs chima dey siddon with her big yansh for sittingroom dey eat soulfood and dey drink beer.Ehn i swear say mrs chima even dey bearded as pete edochie grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by MarcAnthon(m): 12:36am On Jan 06, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

abeg stop bothering us with your story.

Obviously you like the drama. wetin you want us to do? and why are you two living together

abeg Im done.

Why are you ALWAYS ANGRY and RUDE shocked undecided
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 2:05am On Jan 06, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin

You know some men can't work well with friction! lipsrsealed

Hahahaha grin

MarcAnthon:

Why are you ALWAYS ANGRY and RUDE shocked undecided

As rude and angry as you may think she sounds, I understand where her frustration is coming from embarassed
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by godman01(m): 2:38am On Jan 06, 2012
Please, don't make the mistake of seeing a man being submissive to a weak and mugu man. To be gentle at heart doesn't guarantee the fact that the guy won't do whatever is necessary at the appropriate time.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by godman01(m): 2:42am On Jan 06, 2012
Please, don't make the mistake of seeing a man being submissive to a weak and mugu man. To be gentle at heart doesn't guarantee the fact that the guy won't do whatever is necessary at the appropriate time.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by MarcAnthon(m): 2:51am On Jan 06, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

As rude and angry as you may think she sounds, I understand where her frustration is coming from embarassed

Yeah at a point it gets boring what the 3ndy girl is at, but this girl here is always biting out at everyone. That gets boring too.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 2:57am On Jan 06, 2012
MarcAnthon:

Yeah at a point it gets boring what the 3ndy girl is at, but this girl here is always biting out at everyone. That gets boring too.

I understand what you're saying.  Let me just say this though, I have never seen her [ThiefOfHearts] biting at anyone. Clearly those of us who are telling her [3ndy] to dump the yeye man are doing it because we care. So to see 2ndy's replies as they are is a bit disheartening. I truly don't think that ThiefOfHearts is saying those things from a place of  malice embarassed undecided
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:15am On Jan 06, 2012
Please ignore him

It's a well known fact that I dont attack women on the board. I have nothing but love for Naija women.

My "venom" however is only for the men boys. He must have been a victim in the past hence the whining

Mugu  cheesy

Come beat me now for being "rude"  grin
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by MarcAnthon(m): 6:25am On Jan 06, 2012
^^^ there she goes again!
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by pendo89(f): 6:40am On Jan 06, 2012
3ndy:

DEAR NAIRALANDERS,
DEAR SISTERS,
I MADE OGBONO SOUP AND PEPPERSOUP STEW,  (SEEMS LIKE STEW BUT IT'S ACTUALLY PEPPERSOUP,  U CAN EAT IT IN DIFFERENT WAYS, )
I ACTUALLY WENT MINDLESS WHILE COOKING,  RESULT IT WAS REALLY DELICIOUS,
ME: WELL I'M OBVIOSLY BUSY,  SO CAN'T U HELP ME?
ME: HONEY I REALLY DON'T LIKE WHAT U'RE DOING!! I ASKED U 1 THING AND U ACT LIKE THIS,  IT'S REALLY NOT NICE
HIM: AHN AHN U SAY U DON'T WANT TO MAKE IT NOW,  NOW I'M NO MORE HUNGRY,  ABEG I NO FIT SHOUT
AND HE LEFT,
I FINISHED PREPARING THE MEAL FOR EVERYONE,  WE ALL ATE (STARCH NOT POUNDY) HE DIDN'T BOTHER TO COME DOWNSTAIRS (DINNING-KITCHEN ROOM)
THEN I WENT TO OUR ROOM AND HE WAS WATCHING FILM,  HE SAID NOTHING,  LOOKED AT ME AND WENT TO BED,
ASKED FOR WATER,  AND NOW SLEEPING!!
NOW I'M WAITING FOR THE STORM,  SO I CAN KNOW IF THIS IS GOING TO STAND ANY FURTHER,

Oh so you live in his house but u arent married and you are waiting for him to marry you with the ill treatment hes subjecting you to?
Know what I think? You Sneezed in the soup!! undecided why would he even want to drink it?
skip that.
Andy its a public forum and you are not a teenager. Your guy is just fed up with and wants to move on but he is giving you every reason to break up cz he lacks guts to tell you head on.
There's a kiswahili proverb' Akufukuzaye hakuambii toka'>>If anybody wants you out of his life will not use words but deeds. And you are still here making soup,pounding stuff and sneezing? And hes not even your Husband? shocked

I wait to read a different story from you. Inked nerd and Thief of hearts have tried to make you open your eyes.cheers.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Chimezie198(m): 8:10am On Jan 06, 2012
lefulefu:

Mister chima dey wear wrapper and brassiere for house and na im dey cook while mrs chima dey siddon with her big yansh for sittingroom dey eat soulfood and dey drink beer.Ehn i swear say mrs chima even dey bearded as pete edochie grin grin grin grin grin grin
e be lyk sey mrs. Chima na boxer.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Ozichim(m): 10:09am On Jan 06, 2012
3ndy:

DEAR NAIRALANDERS,
DEAR SISTERS,
I MADE OGBONO SOUP AND PEPPERSOUP STEW, (SEEMS LIKE STEW BUT IT'S ACTUALLY PEPPERSOUP, U CAN EAT IT IN DIFFERENT WAYS, )
I ACTUALLY WENT MINDLESS WHILE COOKING, RESULT IT WAS REALLY DELICIOUS,
ME: WELL I'M OBVIOSLY BUSY, SO CAN'T U HELP ME?
ME: HONEY I REALLY DON'T LIKE WHAT U'RE DOING!! I ASKED U 1 THING AND U ACT LIKE THIS, IT'S REALLY NOT NICE
HIM: AHN AHN U SAY U DON'T WANT TO MAKE IT NOW, NOW I'M NO MORE HUNGRY, ABEG I NO FIT SHOUT
AND HE LEFT,
I FINISHED PREPARING THE MEAL FOR EVERYONE, WE ALL ATE (STARCH NOT POUNDY) HE DIDN'T BOTHER TO COME DOWNSTAIRS (DINNING-KITCHEN ROOM)
THEN I WENT TO OUR ROOM AND HE WAS WATCHING FILM, HE SAID NOTHING, LOOKED AT ME AND WENT TO BED,
ASKED FOR WATER, AND NOW SLEEPING!!
NOW I'M WAITING FOR THE STORM, SO I CAN KNOW IF THIS IS GOING TO STAND ANY FURTHER,

Note this! this conversation is not very smooth and it is not peaceful. These two statements from you are not very ok.
" ME: HONEY PLS COULD YOU HANDDLE IT?? "

" ME: WELL I'M OBVIOSLY BUSY, SO CAN'T U HELP ME? "
Again you could have asked/persuade the man to come eat even though he seem not to be hungry and is wicked just for you to be sure of something and have your peace.

The man action is not new to anybody. And it is not enough for anybody to take negative action on his relationship.
But if you are serious about this relationship you will have to help to make it work. It must take the cooperation of both parties to make any relationship successful.
As I said before, see if you can give some breathing space to the man and watch his action and your own feeling. If you feel happier staying away from the man for long then you are not meant to stay together (Marry). Giving the man some space will help him tell himself the truth concerning the relationship.
You will be happier to take any outcome on the relationship when you have confirmed the true situation of things; because by then you will be bold and sure.

PLs. be sure that your attitude doesn't seem to be challenging the man. Men don't like to be challenged even by a fellow man let alone a lady.
Also, note that; that you are more educated does not necessarily mean that you are wiser or more enlightened in all things than the man.
Make out enough time to discourse with the man about your relationship and demand for a better/healthier relationship. At times there is a time to talk and talking can help.

Remember you will not get any perfect man, and you should also know that you are not perfect.

If the man is serious about the relationship, He will come back asking for your help when you try to stay away from him a little bit. I don't mean you should run to another man, you can decide to be staying with your parents or brother, let him know your movement. Remember you are at advantage because you are the one trying to confirm his true character and heart concerning you. Also, make sure the man is not looking for you because he is been sex starved.

If the man can be your husband he will come crawling to bring you closer to himself. In fact he will panic for your absent.
In all this be sure that you really want to keep the relationship.
Let it not be that you are watching another man while keeping this one in case it didn’t work just as so many ladies do.

Believe me more than 70% of men and women have in one time or the other slap their partner out of provocation. You will be surprise to discover that many women beat/slap their husband first (out of provocation ) even when they know that their husband can kill them with just one hand but then the man in many cases will end up not beating them back.

So, please if you confirm that the man is really serious to live with you (to be your husband); do not use it against the man; co-operate very well to make to relationship work if you are interested.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by affigurl5(f): 10:28am On Jan 06, 2012
Not at all, i wont marry a submissive man no matter how rich he might be. a submissive man can't make decision, my man shld be able to make decision and also be in control,

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2012
@Topic
Submissive man is an unfortunate pairing. Leaders(which is what men are meant to be take it or leave it) may have different styles but submission is not one of them. The only submission required of a man is to God. BTW submission and humility are two different things so to seek for a submissive man while you really intended to go for a humble man is to miss the mark.

A woman who seeks a submissive man is up to no good because she wants a man she can manipulate at any time for her own ends.

@inky
I love the passion in your reply to 3ndy, if only it was transferable - 3ndy needs a lil spine.

@eatme
Somehow I sense envy.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by MrsChima1(f): 4:08pm On Jan 06, 2012
Lord_Reed:

@Topic
Submissive man is an unfortunate pairing. Leaders(which is what men are meant to be take it or leave it) may have different styles but submission is not one of them. The only submission required of a man is to God. BTW submission and humility are two different things so to seek for a submissive man while you really intended to go for a humble man is to miss the mark.

A woman who seeks a submissive man is up to no good because she wants a man she can manipulate at any time for her own ends.

Society said MEN ARE MEANT TO BE LEADERS yet we have a bleeped UP WORLD LED BY MEN.   undecided

Let me get this right AGAIN, if it is BAD TO HAVE SUBMISSIVE MEN as partners because they are easily manipulated according TO YOU then why do MEN WANT SUBMISSIVE WOMEN? 

To manipulate as well?   I expected better logic from you. 

No, I said submissive not humility.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by modavi: 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2012
To enjoy marriage,we must abide by the rules laid down for it by our creator God;and any alteration of that rule is sin. Besides,I dnt sense or see anything thing as manipulation by a man to woman but she has to submit, all d same,it is true dat most men take that word submit for granted n use it to intimidate their wives.We must all reconcile with our creator who laid down these rules so dat we can enjoy marriage cos u cnt expect a man who doesn't know God or d true rules n value of marriage not to manipulate or dominate his wife;in d same vein,u cnt expect a woman dat doesn't know same to also 'submit' to her husband without seeing it as being a way of manipulation or wateva,
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by MrsChima1(f): 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2012
modavi:

To enjoy marriage,we must abide by the rules laid down for it by our creator God;and any alteration of that rule is sin. Besides,I dnt sense or see anything thing as manipulation by a man to woman but she has to submit, all d same,it is true dat most men take that word submit for granted n use it to intimidate their wives.We must all reconcile with our creator who laid down these rules so dat we can enjoy marriage cos u cnt expect a man who doesn't know God or d true rules n value of marriage not to manipulate or dominate his wife;in d same vein,u cnt expect a woman dat doesn't know same to also 'submit' to her husband without seeing it as being a way of manipulation or wateva,

For those who are atheists and non-believers will have an issue with your write-up.  There are non-religious couples who are in successful marriages.  Successful marriage is contingent to those in personal and individualistic marriages. 

Each marriage has its own rules and practices.  What works for you may not work for the next couple.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:03pm On Jan 06, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Let me get this right AGAIN, if it is BAD TO HAVE SUBMISSIVE MEN as partners because they are easily manipulated according TO YOU then why do MEN WANT SUBMISSIVE WOMEN? 

To manipulate as well?   I expected better logic from you. 

excellent question. i doubt he'll reply though

as for you 3andy if you like listen to wifebeaters like ozichim and his crew of flunkies. you cant say you werent warned.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2012
MarcAnthon:

^^^ there she goes again!

Eh ya, she means no harm. She's joking grin

Ozichim:

Note this! this conversation is not very smooth and it is not peaceful.  These two statements from you are not very ok.
" ME: HONEY PLS COULD YOU HANDDLE IT?? "

" ME: WELL I'M OBVIOSLY BUSY, SO CAN'T U HELP ME? "
Again you could have asked/persuade the man to come eat even though he seem not to be hungry and is wicked just for you to be sure of something and have your peace.

The man action is not new to anybody. And it is not enough for anybody to take negative action on his relationship.
But if you are serious about this relationship you will have to help to make it work.
It must take the cooperation of both parties to make any relationship successful.
As I said before, see if you can give some breathing space to the man and watch his action and your own feeling. If you feel happier staying away from the man for long then you are not meant to stay together (Marry). Giving the man some space will help him tell himself the truth concerning the relationship.
You will be happier to take any outcome on the relationship when you have confirmed the true situation of things; because by then you will be bold and sure.

PLs. be sure that your attitude doesn't seem to be challenging the man. Men don't like to be challenged even by a fellow man let alone a lady.
Also, note that; that you are more educated does not necessarily mean that you are wiser or more enlightened in all things than the man.
Make out enough time to discourse with the man about your relationship and demand for a better/healthier relationship. At times there is a time to talk and talking can help.

Remember you will not get any perfect man, and you should also know that you are not perfect.

If the man is serious about the relationship, He will come back asking for your help when you try to stay away from him a little bit. I don't mean you should run to another man, you can decide to be staying with your parents or brother, let him know your movement. Remember you are at advantage because you are the one trying to confirm his true character and heart concerning you. Also, make sure the man is not looking for you because he is been sex starved.

If the man can be your husband he will come crawling to bring you closer to himself. In fact he will panic for your absent.
In all this be sure that you really want to keep the relationship.
Let it not be that you are watching another man while keeping this one in case it didn’t work just as so many ladies do.

Believe me more than 70% of men and women have in one time or the other slap their partner out of provocation. You will be surprise to discover that many women beat/slap their husband first (out of provocation ) even when they know that their husband can kill them with just one hand but then the man in many cases will end up not beating them back.

So, please if you confirm that the man is really serious to live with you (to be your husband); do not use it against the man; co-operate very well to make to relationship work if you are interested.

Are you fücking serious? So you're still a card carrying member of the "wait till her she's in a body bag club"?!?!? Either you are really stupid are you are insensitive to the plight of this woman. How on Earth can you sit her and say that because of those sentences she uttered that what she said wasn't ok on her part? Since when did "Honey please could you handle this?" and "Well, I am obviously busy" become to much when someone is clearly preoccupied? She is the one cooking. She is the one preparing the food. She is the one doing the work. Did she ask him to cook the food? Did she ask him to set the table? Did she ask him to serve everyone who was going to eat? NO!!! All she asked was for him to assist her for a moment--not for an hour, not for two hours, not for three hours. Just a few short moment!!! But no, the man couldn't even do that. Does he think it's beneath him to help the woman he's with? My own mother, even when she cooks and is preoccupied she asked my father to help her if she needs the help, and even when my father is tired, he will still come over and help my mother and insist on asking her if there is anything else she needs help with. Mind you, even in a tired state he will help my mother, no questions asked. Now tell me, what kind of man has a hissy fit over something as small as helping the woman who is preparing your food? It's people like you making excuses for his idiotic behavior that enable this kind of nonsense to persist within our culture.

affigurl5:

Not at all, i wont marry a submissive man no matter how rich he might be. a submissive man can't make decision, my man shld be able to make decision and also be in control,

Just out of curiosity, you say a submissive man cannot be taken seriously but what about a submissive woman? Is it ok for a woman to be submissive but not a man?

Lord_Reed:

@Topic

@inky
I love the passion in your reply to 3ndy, if only it was transferable - 3ndy needs a lil spine.

@eatme
Somehow I sense envy.

Excuse me?! What is that supposed to mean? While I will agree that submissiveness and humility are two different things, I totally do not agree that a woman who seeks a submissive man is up to no good. Based on what you said, its seems very hypocritical on your part for you to imply that it is ok for a man to be with a submissive woman but in the same breath you say that if a woman were to go down the same route, then she is up to no good. What makes you think a man who seeks a submissive man is up to no good? I have seen men who seek such woman and they weren't any better than the women you claimed where up to no good. Where did this double standard come from in your statement? Apparently, it seems that those two scenarios are not the same thing.

Mrs, Chima:

For those who are atheists and non-believers will have an issue with your write-up.  There are non-religious couples who are in successful marriages.  Successful marriage is contingent to those in personal and individualistic marriages. 

Each marriage has its own rules and practices.  What works for you may not work for the next couple. 

Make you tell am sista Chima.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by 3ndy(f): 7:42pm On Jan 06, 2012
THANKS EVERYONE,
SORRY FOR BOTHERING/BORING YOU
BUT THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE I CAN FEEL A LITTLE FRESH AIR
I ADMIT NOT TO BE VERY WISE IN THIS ISSUE, SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME,
I'VE SURRENDERED, I GAVE HIM THE SPACE HE NEEDED,
I'M HEART BROKEN BUT AT LEAST I'M SCATHELESS, THANKS TO YOU ALL, REALLY WILL NEVER BE GRATFULL ENOUGH,
I DON'T KNOW HOW I BECAME LIKE THIS I ONCE WAS TOUGH AND THOUGHT NOTHING LIKE THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO ME!!
ANYWAY, NOW IT'S OVER,
BY THE WAY, I DON'T LEAVE WITH HIM BUT IN THE SAME CONDO
I NEVER HAVE TAKEN ANYTHING FROM HIM, NOT EVEN A CENT
ALWAYS HAVE RESPECTED HIM AND TRIED TO BE TOLLERANT
BUT NOTHING WORKED SO I TOLD HIM I KNOW HE'S TIRED OF ME (THANKS TO SOME POSTS READ ONLINE) AND TOLD HIM IT WAS OVER,
REACTION, SILENCE,
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad I'D JUST LOGG OFF FOR A WHILE, SORRY PALS,
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2012
wow he didnt even try to argue with you? undecided

well Im glad you did it. The fact that he didnt even try to beg you or discuss it proves that this relationship was over for a while.

I suggest you dont contact him. he'll probably try to come back yarning sweet nothings. Hopefully you'll stay strong and not go back to such nonsense.

You need to figure out what happened that made you so weak to his BS so you dont repeat the same mistake with someone else

Good luck and feel better! smiley
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2012
@ThiefofHearts
Sorry to disappoint you.

@Mrs.C
Here comes the logic. Men and Women are different and have different roles. A submissive man (which implies both attitude and action) is a negation of his role as Husband and Leader. I am not saying he is to be bull headed and not listen to the wife but here is the difference between a submissive man and a humble man. A humble man realises that he is endowed with power to provide and protect so he bends it all to serve his wife and children while a submissive man thinks he has no power and acts like it.

@Inky
You are excused. wink

Elaborating further on the difference between Men and Women. Women naturally fit the submissive role because they are built mostly for defense while men are built for offense. I just saw a video of a young mother (real life story) who killed an intruder who had broken into her home, her reason - she had a lil baby. Motherly instincts are the best defensive instincts in the world both in man and animal. The female is supposed to protect the nest while the male goes a-hunting.

Before you go telling me about today's world lemme ask you this: when a baby is born who does the bosom feeding?
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2012
notice how that woman defended the baby on her own. without Mr leader around. If a woman would listen to you, she should have waited for a policeMAN to save her.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by MrsChima1(f): 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2012
Lord_Reed:

@ThiefofHearts
Sorry to disappoint you.

@Mrs.C
Here comes the logic. Men and Women are different and have different roles. A submissive man (which implies both attitude and action) is a negation of his role as Husband and Leader. I am not saying he is to be bull headed and not listen to the wife but here is the difference between a submissive man and a humble man. A humble man realises that he is endowed with power to provide and protect so he bends it all to serve his wife and children while a submissive man thinks he has no power and acts like it.

@Inky
You are excused. wink

Elaborating further on the difference between Men and Women. Women naturally fit the submissive role because they are built mostly for defense while men are built for offense. I just saw a video of a young mother (real life story) who killed an intruder who had broken into her home, her reason - she had a lil baby. Motherly instincts are the best defensive instincts in the world both in man and animal. The female is supposed to protect the nest while the male goes a-hunting.

Before you go telling me about today's world lemme ask you this: when a baby is born who does the bosom feeding?

So why would a man wants a submissive woman who has no power and acts like she does? So in order for men to feel like they are in control they seek a powerless woman who knows nothing and incapable of doing nothing. That's an insult to "powerful" men. Men should be able to achieve any challenges that comes their way and not bitch about being self defeatist. (not saying you per se)
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2012
@Inky
On the issue of a woman being up to no good, I stand to be corrected but a woman only seeks a man she can brow beat because she has ulterior motives. A man's place is at the front of his family taking bold strides for a woman to seek a negation of this speaks volumes about her motives very clearly.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2012
3ndy:

THANKS EVERYONE,
SORRY FOR BOTHERING/BORING YOU
BUT THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE  I CAN FEEL A LITTLE FRESH AIR
I ADMIT NOT TO BE VERY WISE IN THIS ISSUE,  SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME,
I'VE SURRENDERED,  I GAVE HIM THE SPACE HE NEEDED,
I'M HEART BROKEN BUT AT LEAST I'M SCATHELESS,  THANKS TO YOU ALL,  REALLY WILL NEVER BE GRATFULL ENOUGH,
I DON'T KNOW HOW I BECAME LIKE THIS I ONCE WAS TOUGH AND THOUGHT NOTHING LIKE THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO ME!!
ANYWAY,  NOW IT'S OVER,
BY THE WAY,  I DON'T LEAVE WITH HIM BUT IN THE SAME CONDO
                     I NEVER HAVE TAKEN ANYTHING FROM HIM,  NOT EVEN A CENT
                     ALWAYS HAVE RESPECTED HIM AND TRIED TO BE TOLLERANT
BUT NOTHING WORKED SO I TOLD HIM I KNOW HE'S TIRED OF ME (THANKS TO SOME POSTS READ ONLINE) AND TOLD HIM IT WAS OVER,
REACTION,  SILENCE,
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad I'D JUST LOGG OFF FOR A WHILE,  SORRY PALS,

My sister, I know it was hard but it is for the best. Please take heart my dear. I know it may seem hard now but you will see that this isn't the end. I know i cannot predict the future but with time hopefully you will meet someone who who will love and respect you. Clearly this man wasn't the one for you. Now that you have ended this, it would be a good opportunity for you reflect and do some soul searching. I wish you the best of luck. If you ever need any help or someone to talk to, remember that there is always a community of women [and men] here who care about you kiss

Lord_Reed:

@ThiefofHearts
Sorry to disappoint you.

@Mrs.C

@Inky
You are excused. wink

Elaborating further on the difference between Men and Women. Women natural fit the submissive role because they build mostly for defense while men are build for offense. I just saw a video of a young mother (real life story) who killed an intruder who had broken into her home, her reason - she had a lil baby. Motherly instincts are the best defensive instincts in the world both in man and animal. The female is supposed to protect the nest while the male goes a-hunting.

How do women "naturally" fit the submissive role? Mother insists isn't an explanation for a woman to be submissive. I know the story you're talking about--I have seen it all over the news. You stretching that story to such an extent to justify your belief is no reason for a woman to be submissive. Who told you that there was no man in that house because he went out to be the bread winner or in your words went "hunting"? Did it ever occur  to you that there wasn't a man there to begin with? Any loving and dedicated parent regardless of gender would have done what she did.

ThiefOfHearts:

notice how that woman defended the baby on her own. without Mr leader around. If a woman would listen to you, she should have waited for a policeMAN to save her.

Thank you for pointing that out. I don't even know how or why that would even be used as a reason to justify such an explanation.

Mrs, Chima:

So why would a man wants a submissive woman who has no power and acts like she does?  So in order for men to feel like they are in control they seek a powerless woman who knows nothing and incapable of doing nothing.  That's an insult to "powerful" men.  Men should be able to achieve any challenges that comes their way and not NaughtyWoman about being self defeatist.  (not saying you per se)

Ask am/tell am!!

Lord_Reed:

@Inky
On the issue of a woman being up to no good, I stand to be corrected but a woman only seeks a man she can brow beat because she has ulterior motives. A man's place is at the front of his family taking bold strides for a woman to seek a negation of this speaks volumes about her motives very clearly.

So explain yourself on the issue of the reversed role of a man seeking a submissive woman because so far you haven't made any sense in any of your explanations. So far, all you are doing is indirectly saying is that unless I as a woman submit to a man, that I am evil and up to no good. You speak as though for there to ever be some sort of structure in this world, that a man must be in control. If you take a good look around you, you will notice that a lot of the world leaders in our society are men, yet there is still a lot of instability and havoc within the world we inhabit.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by MrsChima1(f): 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2012
Since a lot of chatters like to introduce the bible for their "evidence" and failed to read it in entirety.  A man leave his family and cleaved as one with his wife.  He is considered the head although without the neck, the head is dead.  

Please read the bold again.  It means the man is the representative of the family but must consider the feelings, thoughts, and actions of the family.  Now let getting back to submissiveness, the definition of submissive is to yield or to compromise but not to be dominated nor controlled.  

Many men today, who only reads the bible on three major holidays such as Christmas, Easter, and Passover failed to apply it to their life in totality.  The bible said a woman is to submit to her husband as he submits to God, why would a godless man requests a submissive woman when the bible specifically states that the man is to submit to God before he can even request a submissive woman?  

The bible practices are for believers and doers of the Word and not PART-TIME believers.  The bible mentioned nothing about manipulation nor "mugu" but definition states submissive is to yield or to compromise.  Now let get back to Genesis, a man leave his family and cleaved into his wife and BECAME ONE.  Decisions are made as one and the man is the representative of the family.  

Morale of this post is:  Don't introduce the Bible if you only open the bible twice a year.  Read it and understand it.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2012
@Inky
I did not stretch the story in any way. Please don't misquote me cos I never said the man was away fending for his family in that story. Re-read my post please.

Now as for justifying the woman submissive role I brought you that picture because it adequately depicts the maternal instinct which is meant for the defense of the homestead. The man who is Leader directs how this is done so the "directee" submits to the director's leading. This is how harmony exists one leads the other submits. It is not a degrading of the woman, it is not an aggrandisement of the man. It simple natural logic something you practice in your offices and businesses everyday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Long After You Meet A New Partner Do You Initiate Sex? / Lists of States With The Highest Number Of Cheap Babes In Nigeria / Birthday S£x (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.