Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? (18347 Views)

Poll: Would you date/marry a submissive man?

Yes, Of Course!: 30% (18 votes)
No: 38% (23 votes)
Depends on the situation: 31% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? / Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? / Why Do Men Want Submissive Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 12:39pm On Jan 07, 2012
Lord_Reed:

@Inky
Yet you call my statement hypocritical LoL! So your boss who you are not married to or share a house with deserves more consideration than your spouse?

Interaction between different ethnic people is not the same as the difference between sexes because ethnic differences are not fundamental to our existence. I can become ibo tomorrow if I wish but I can't become female (naturally anyway).

Are you implying that men should treat women the way the treat other men?

You cannot become Ibo. If you're not Ibo, then you're not Ibo. End of story. If I want to become Kurd, can I become Kurd? No. My ethnicity will still be my ethnicity regardless of whether I want to admit it. You using that excuse doesn't justify the statement. So, yes I call your statement hypocritical because that is what it is. Using a boss and a spouse in such an example are two totally different things. At the end of the day, I don't go home with my boss. I don't sleep with my boss. I don't live with my boss. The relationship with my boss and spouse are not one in the same.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by queensmith: 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2012
lefulefu:

queensmith in the naija version wen a naija woman says she is looking for a submissive man she means
1:a man that she can can ridicule in public in public even when he is present
2: she can slap him in public and she can refer to him as a mumu or a fool
3:he should take permission from her b4 entertaining his friends in the house
4;he cleans the home and wash the kitchen while she is in the sitting room watching tv and smoking grin
5:she can bring her boyfriend and Be Intimate with the boyfriend in her married home while the hubby says nothing
queensmith that is the version of a submissive man in naija and dats why i dey refer to them as submissive mumu men grin grin grin grin grin grin

no- unfortunately the women here voting no are refering to submissive in the sense of how women are expected to submit to men. and it also goes to show the type of people they are (most dont know what they want)
what baffles me is why they will go on to say they dont want to be controlled? erm if u dont want a man that will listen to you then how wont u be controlled? yiu cant have it all!

If the OP meant a stupid man she will have said so.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by queensmith: 12:53pm On Jan 07, 2012
I also believe theres a fair amount of psycology involved. Its a control thing, and alot of men actually prefer women that take control, its refreshing from the barking hopping bride to be in coming to america!

I cant imagine being the type of person that needs someone else to make decisions. esp not a man!
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 1:12pm On Jan 07, 2012
@Inky
You still did not answer the question: does your boss deserve more consideration than your spouse?

So now there is Ibo blood and Kurdish blood? I wonder what Naturalisation and Immigration services are for now. Maybe you need to see the meaning of ethnicity. Gosh and here I thought you were cosmopolitan in your outlook, smh.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2012
Lord_Reed:

@Inky
You still did not answer the question: does your boss deserve more consideration than your spouse?

So now there is Ibo blood and Kurdish blood? I wonder what Naturalisation and Immigration services are for now. Maybe you need to see the meaning of ethnicity. Gosh and here I thought you were cosmopolitan in your outlook, smh.

Immigration has nothing to do with ones ethnicity. A person's nationality and ethnicity aren't the same thing. If you like, you can rethink whatever it is you like about me--that is up to you. It's not a concern of mine if you think I'm cosmopolitan or not. Overall, my spouse will get more consideration than my boss but that's not to say that its every single thing about my spouse that I'll jump up for. I would expect that my spouse would be understanding about certain matters, just as I would be understanding about certain matters as well. All in all, you used the example of a spouse and a boss as though they were the same when you decided to write "When next your boss gives you an order disagree with him/her let's see how much easier it will be for you in the office.". You conceptualized the idea of having a boss and a spouse as though it were the same thing, not I.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 1:39pm On Jan 07, 2012
@Inky
So answer this other one: Are you implying that men should treat women the same way they treat other men?

Take a look at the meaning of ethnicity:

An ethnic group (or ethnicity) is a group of people
whose members identify with each other, through a
common heritage, often consisting of a common
language, a common culture (often including a
shared religion) and/or an ideology that stresses
common ancestry or endogamy.[1][2][3] Another
definition is ", a highly biologically self-
perpetuating group sharing an interest in a
homeland connected with a specific geographical
area, a common language and traditions, including
food preferences, and a common religious faith".[4]
The concept of ethnicity differs from the closely
related term race in that "race" refers to grouping
based mostly upon biological criteria, while
"ethnicity" also encompasses additional cultural
factors.

Once I conform to all the precepts of an an ethnic group I can choose to be recognised as one of them. It is not fundamental to human existence because any arrangement of cultural groups can exist and perpetuate but any human arrangement that excludes either sex can not self perpetuate.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2012
Lord_Reed:

@Inky
So answer this other one: Are you implying that men should treat women the same way they treat other men?

Take a look at the meaning of ethnicity:

An ethnic group (or ethnicity) is a group of people
whose members identify with each other, through a
common heritage, often consisting of a common
language, a common culture (often including a
shared religion) and/or an ideology that stresses
common ancestry or endogamy.[1][2][3] Another
definition is ", a highly biologically self-
perpetuating group sharing an interest in a
homeland connected with a specific geographical
area, a common language and traditions, including
food preferences, and a common religious faith".[4]
The concept of ethnicity differs from the closely
related term race in that "race" refers to grouping
based mostly upon biological criteria, while
"ethnicity" also encompasses additional cultural
factors.

Once I conform to all the precepts of an an ethnic group I can choose to be recognised as one of them. It is not fundamental to human existence because any arrangement of cultural groups can exist and perpetuate but any human arrangement that excludes either sex can not self perpetuate.

Yes, in theory you can call yourself whatever you want but in essence regardless of what you call yourself you are still what you are. You simply waking up and proclaiming to be of a different ethnic group just because just happened to feel like it doesn't change ones ancestral lineage. As for your question, I am saying men should treat women as their equals [and vice versa] not some subordinate being who follows because that is what you expect. In my initial comment to Ms. Chima's question, I said ". . . when it comes dating and relationships, I expect a level of fairness in such things. I wouldn't expect that the the person I'm with will control or dominate me and he shouldn't expect that I would do that to him." Regardless of gender, in a partnership/committed relationship people should be treated in an equal sense. My gender is no reason why I or anyone else should be expected to be in a position of subordination.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2012
@Inky
I understand you. Here's what I want you to understand submission of woman to man does not imply domination by man. Submission means she willing gives him pride of place as head of the family. A man as head should not submit, its like saying the neck should be attached at the top of the head - wrong place, loss of function for both of them.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2012
Lord_Reed:

@Inky
I understand you. Here's what I want you to understand submission of woman to man does not imply domination by man. Submission means she willing gives him pride of place as head of the family. A man as head should not submit, its like saying the neck should be attached at the top of the head - wrong place, loss of function for both of them.

So once again, why is it that you continue to insist in this underhanded manner that if I as a woman were to go seek out a submissive man then I am up to no good. The social beliefs that you're projecting here are not here because they naturally exist--they are here because you want them to be here and you continue to perpetuate them. You choose to believe that a woman who is doing the same that you claim is expected of a man is, is evil. Fundamentally speaking there is no difference between you wanting a submissive woman and me wanting a submissive man.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 3:44pm On Jan 07, 2012
@Inky
Another question do you accept that a man is the head of his family?
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by MrsChima1(f): 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2012
To all male readers,

Believe it or not there are submissive men in this world!  In India, a woman can marry multiple husbands and most time the woman is the one paying dowry to the husband's family to marry the man.  I have a friend who is Indian by birth and she shared to me that some households both spouses submit to each other and shares "head" role.  

Remember, Indian women seek out the men and pay the dowry and YET their husbands are the "head" and they are the "neck".  Guess what, some of these people are still MARRIED TODAY.   wink

Each MARRIAGE, ARRANGEMENT, AND RELATIONSHIP are individually different.  You can survey five couples and each of them will have different "lifestyles".  

Now since some chatters like to bring the Bible into the equation, the Bible speaks against intimate immorality such as adultery and fornication.  Guess what, some "religious" married couples are practicing open sex marriage, which means they can sleep with anyone as long as the spouse give permission.  Guess who enjoying it the most?   Ding! Ding!  Men.  Now these women are "submissive to no fault" and engaging into acts that are dangerous to themselves because their husbands want open sex marriage.   Some of these women protested against the thought but what can she do if her husband is determined to "fling" outside the marriage?   She can either join onboard or get left behind.  

The reason, I brought the concept into the equation is because people have this image in their head that ALL MARRIAGES ARE COOKIE CUTTER and that the best marriage is LED BY A MAN.  Why is it when some couples immigrate to America, Canada, or UK that they have marital issues within the first 90 days?  I am not saying all, but damn.  

Here a bone, successful marriages are contingent to those in personal and individualistic [/b]relationships.  Operative words: [b]PERSONAL AND INDIVIDUALISTIC.

I often hear other men compare their relationships with how other men are in their relationships. That's a sign of insecurity and confusion.  If a man is a leader in his relationship, why is he comparing his "leadership" with other men?  

That's why many men are stressed out, clocked out from society, and looking for that 20% because they do not share representation role with their women.  The neck supports the head and sometimes has solutions that the head may not otherwise think of.  It is good to be in a partner relationship than a dictatorship relationship.  

Listening to your partner and COMMUNICATING with your partner (male and female) isn't a sign of weakness, it is a sign of RESPECT, UNDERSTANDING, COMPASSION, and LOVE.  

Long read, I know!   kiss
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2012
Lord_Reed:

@Inky
Another question do you accept that a man is the head of his family?

No, I do not. Why are you so dead set on having me believe that as a woman I need to be lead by some man? If you want to believe that for and with your family, then that is fine but that is not a notion or belief that I subscribe to.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by cindybrown(f): 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2012
i couldn't agree more with inked-nerd
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 07, 2012
SMFH

@op Es usted?  lipsrsealed

Feliz año nuevo  undecided
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 4:35pm On Jan 07, 2012
@Inky
Oh now I gerrit. No wahala, I supposed you accepted that position since you don't no need for much discussion.

Sayonara.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2012
Lord_Reed:

@Inky
Oh now I gerrit. No wahala, I supposed you accepted that position since you don't no need for much discussion.

Sayonara.

I doubt you do, but it was in interesting conversation nonetheless. Hope we can have more in the future wink

Just wondering, what is it that you "get"?
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2012
@Inky
I am always up for health discussion.

My points are predicated on a woman accepting the leader of her man, if you don't accept that it'll sound gibberish.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Repubocrat(m): 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2012
Lord_Reed:

@Inky
I am always up for health discussion.

My points are predicated on a woman accepting the leader of her man, if you don't accept that it'll sound gibberish.

Can you enlighten me on the ever so daunting decisions/actions this so-called male household leaders make that can't be made by a woman?
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by InkedNerd(f): 5:51pm On Jan 07, 2012
Repubocrat:

Can you enlighten me on the ever so daunting decisions/actions this so-called male household leaders make that can't be made by a woman?

Please ask because I have yet to figure it out.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2012
@Repubocrat & Inky
If you don't accept that a man is the head of his home is there any point in elaborating?
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by warrior101: 2:59pm On Apr 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin: it depends.

It depends Finance, maturity? Today's men are giving in to too much crap, cuz it kinda sweetens the brain (I have been there)... In real world Man is the Leader and, that's how it should be.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by bukatyne(f): 5:43pm On May 26, 2012
lefulefu: submissive men na gods gift to naija women because submissive dem too mumu.Take this case for example grin
Cash madam:azubike! azubike!!
submissive mumu husband: honey why u yelling my name i am bathing the kid for pete's sake
Cash madam: oya come go market for me.i need to watch this home video for african magic so i no need to miss am
submissive mumu husband:but honey i just said i am bathing the kid and i need to work on the car after that,why dont u go.there is the jeep for u to use
cash madam: wait a second oooo!, na me build this house,na me dey pay nepa bill.since wen dey lay u off fro ur bank job u never get any job and u dey stand there like egyptian mumu dey yarn grammer!
submissive mumu husband: honey cool down on ppl outside might hear u yelling
cash madam: i no go cool down!.if u no go market for me this evening i go lock u comot from this house sam! sam!!
submissive mumu husband:ok darling i will go to the market as soon as i bath this kid
cash madam:oya wear ur slippers this minute and take dat money from that desk or else i go slap that ur block head u dis ewu!
 submissve hubby 4 u grin
is this how a submissive wife should be treated by her husband?
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 26, 2012
vitality22:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You know that sh.t was not that funny. grin
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 26, 2012
warrior101:

It depends Finance, maturity? Today's men are giving in to too much crap, cuz it kinda sweetens the brain (I have been there)... In real world Man is the Leader and, that's how it should be.

No, my chauvinistic brother. See, what I mean is he knows when it is time to "argue" and when to let stuff go.
I don't mean take "bull". I don't mean to shell out money. I mean...don't be combative.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by MrsChima(f): 5:13am On May 27, 2012
Repubocrat:

Thank you. kiss
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by MrsChima(f): 5:15am On May 27, 2012
warrior101:

A man is a leader in what? As you can see clearly men has been running things for a long time and see how great it urned out! lipsrsealed

I think men need to learn that they don't know everything and shouldn't have an issue with asking their wives/women to help brainstorm for a better outcome.

Men complains about doing everything and want the woman to step in...UHMMMM I thought the man was the leader?
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 8:28am On May 27, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

A man is a leader in what? As you can see clearly men has been running things for a long time and see how great it urned out! lipsrsealed

I think men need to learn that they don't know everything and shouldn't have an issue with asking their wives/women to help brainstorm for a better outcome.

Men complains about doing everything and want the woman to step in...UHMMMM I thought the man was the leader?

Leader does not mean doing everything or being infallible. It simply means providing guidance and guard-ance.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by MrsChima(f): 12:19pm On May 27, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Leader does not mean doing everything or being infallible. It simply means providing guidance and guard-ance.

I knew you were coming. grin grin tongue Hey suga! kiss kiss

If that above is the concrete definition of leader....then it is not gender specific do you agree?
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 12:03am On May 28, 2012
Hey there lovely! Watsup?

And you'll agree that an organisation may have several leaders but one must head.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by MrsChima(f): 3:21am On May 28, 2012
Lord_Reed: Hey there lovely! Watsup?

And you'll agree that an organisation may have several leaders but one must head.

I am good and tending to the Chimas. Doing what I do best. wink

Even if the organization has multiple leaders...without the neck or assistants...the head ain't shit. wink

Famous quote....:"Behind every successful man is a woman holding him up". kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by TisaBone: 3:57am On May 28, 2012
when i worked in sales talking on the phone trying to convince people to buy stuff, every single time i ever talked to a man, he would always say "i have to ask my wife first, i can' sign up/buy this without her permission." So one day, i outright asked one man "I thought u were the man of the house, you don't need your wife's permission." and he replied "You don't know my wife!"

So i think that men act like they wear the pants in a relationship when actually i think its the other way around. men don't mind taking the passenger seat as long as nobody knows!

also, i myself dont want a submissive man, i just want a sweet man, who is gentle, loving, attentive, and caring, and doesn't have to prove every five seconds that he's this alpha male, continuously beating on his chest and roaring to prove that he is in charge.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? by LordReed(m): 8:23am On May 28, 2012
@Mrs.C
Go supermom go! ℓ☺ℓ

The active word is BEHIND.

@Tisabone
Being the head doesn't mean doing things your way all the time. I respect men (and women) who can pause and say let me consult my spouse then get back to you. That shows repect for your union.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Birthday S£x (18+) / Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? / "Men Only Cheat When Their Woman Is Lacking In The Bedroom" - Twitter User Blame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.