Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,387 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? (21855 Views)

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? / How To Make A Girl Spend On You..(principles) / How Much Did You Spend On The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by ehie007(m): 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2012
@tiwola, if you are in Lagos send me an email on ehie007@yahoo.com, my wife is a wedding planner & event planner and she can advice u on budget also work with you on your proposed budget.

Regards.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by ehie007(m): 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2012
[size=14pt]@tiwola, if you are in Lagos send me an email on ehie007@yahoo.com, my wife is a wedding planner & event planner and she can advice u on budget also work with you on your proposed budget.

Regards[/size].
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Odunnu: 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2012
Badminton:

@Lola and Odunu!
I am in Tiwola's shoe also, u would be of great help!
I have 200k expecting 100-120 guests
Plan to have it in Aug, I be Yoruba-Yoruba
Waiting to read from U.
200k for 100? Thats a very modest wedding. Whats your location?
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by JOKYTECH(f): 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2012
@Lola thank u so much for ur post, u said it all, am planning mine too for this coming march, am from delta state, pls send me ur e-mail through jokytech@gmail.com. thanks
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Dyt(f): 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
nice all of u r plannin your weddin
i ll mk your honey moon a memorable one
name it, anywhere in d world
call 01-4630860
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2012
My girl is budgeting 10million Naira - 20million Naira (all inclusive) and I'm seriously asking myself if that is worth blowing up for a 2 day event.

Go and build a house.
If you have a house already, build more houses.

@Bluediva and Richfella i am sorry and without further delay i tender my apologies to the both of you next time i will read well before sending, i mean to say 350 guest not thousand. thanks and i will modify my message now.

Cool.  wink
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2012
@Okiju_juju
So that your business dey pay well well! To spend 10-20million for 2 day even no be beans oh! Though we no tight for nairaland, but I no go mind if you send me IV.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by tellwisdom: 4:46pm On Jan 04, 2012
Wedding?? I think 8000 naira will do undecided undecided
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by VPG: 4:47pm On Jan 04, 2012
It all depends on how deep your pocket and ur supporters pocket is. I gat married 2 weeks ago in Gidi.

Traditional + English

Wify and I - $25K (help or no help we not planning on spending more than $25K but then we happened to have loving and generous family members)
My Fam (Sister, Brother, Parents) ~$40K
Wife’s Fam (Sister, Brother, Parents) ~$50K

Total = ~ $115K (18, 400, 000 naira)

Guest at the wedding/engagement ~1500

Plus keep in mind it’s the first wedding in both families.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by VPG: 4:49pm On Jan 04, 2012
But if you ask me tho i’m mad as hell that they spent all that money that’s a nice down payment on a mansion but I still love my wedding tho it was off the chain…LOL
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by meetgaya: 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2012
@LOLA.LUV, tanx 4 ur response. more to it, u should also think of where your wife to be in terms of transporting her, her friends, families well wishers etc ie distance count most.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by queensmith: 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
VPG:

But if you ask me tho i’m mad as hell that they spent all that money that’s a nice down payment on a mansion but I still love my wedding tho it was off the chain…LOL

come back- you spent all that. . . .on a wedding. . . . in LAGOS?? shocked!

chineke!
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by SSaemoenl(m): 4:58pm On Jan 04, 2012
I can say, * Reduce your [size=13pt]Guest[/size] number to almost nothing
              * Invite those that you think [size=13pt]IMPORTANT[/size].(Still active friends)
              * Make a [size=13pt]simple invitation card[/size] indicating base on invitees (I can design that for you free)
              * Remove [size=13pt]unnecessary list[/size] that are not needed.
              * Make sure you rented a [size=13pt]location well guided[/size] in order to check those that are not invited
              * Money saved in this practice will be use to make a [size=13pt]QUALITY[/size] food for your invitees.

That is my plan in few months now. Good luck.

NB. Attendance of those to come your wedding is not important, What is important is how well they enjoy the environment and stuff you presented to them(Quality service) for a modest[b] 400N[/b]

You can read more online
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by modavi: 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
@lola.luv dats a gud one ooh!
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by purefella(m): 5:05pm On Jan 04, 2012
Don't people get it that the poster need a figure , how much did you spend on your own wedding is what the guy is trying to know , Nairalanders na wa oo well I am not married yet but i will advise you not to spend more than 2mil at most on a wedding ok because you know want your wife to dey drink garri after wedding or start paying back debts after wedding but it all depends on who and who is going to attend the wedding cause my uncle spent 5mil total and he recovered the money because people who came there are extremely rich they gave out 2 cars , 1 plot of land and lovely gifts , if na low life human being go attend there my broda those people go chop and give u wall clock as gift know spend too much plus life after marriage matter most plus your 2 years marriage ceremony that time una go don born you can even spend much more
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by VPG: 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2012
queensmith:

come back- you spent all that. . . .on a wedding. . . . in LAGOS?? shocked!

chineke!

me ke i'm i mad my wife and I spent $25K o the rest na family o. but of cos i my wife and I already opened an account for the next family member that's jumping the broom.

the funny thing about the whole spending (what we made from envelopes and spraying money)

My parents made 1.3Million naira.
wify's parents made 2.5 Million
My sister made 25 000 naira (LMAO)
My brother 0 cos he gave us all his money
my wife and I 500K (not even up to plane ticket nonsence)
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by shagaman: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2012
Congrats to the Weddeee and the Wedder , just kidding.

Planing a wedding needs a lot of structure,a lot of cutting down unnessary expenses,it also depends on your pocket.
I recently got married and i can tell you money would be spent aimlessly if you dont plan well.
From your post you have a lot to spend,so advising you on a small scale wedding might not work for you.
I worked strictly on budget cos i dint have a lot to spend.

NB:  No matter the amount of money you spend it would end in just in a day, Plan for life after marriage.
A lot of blessings come after marriage and GOD knows i am a living testimony to that, wish you all the best in your marriage,

For your wedding night make sure you take Ogidija + power horse, grin

enjoy May GOD bless the union
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Walala(m): 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
I am not yet close to popping the question because quite frankly I am about to dump my current girlfriend, However, I had discussion with my mum and she said that for my marriage she already has 10Million Naira waiting and I was like WOW because if I find a girl whose parents also carry small, the budget could easily reach 20Million but the thing is I do not know many people as I am living in Yankee and relocating to Nigeria next month.  

So why is all this money going to spent on a wedding that only 20 of my friends will attend?  I can start an everlasting business with that kind of gwap and I tried telling my Mum but she said that everyone must know on that day because its her day. So she cannot give me 10Million to start business but she can use it to party so her friends can envy her or what, I don't get it, we need to rethink our priorities as Nigerians,
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by jaybee3(m): 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2012
I forgot but it's not really how much you spend, it's all about how good you are able to organise the whole thing.
You could spend £100K and still have a tacky wedding

Get yourself a good wedding planner and wolla you are good to go
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2012
I spent 1.3m in my wedding in August 2011. Despite the little amount, the wedding was very colourful. The truth is that your wedding can never be the best neither can it be the worst. You get what you want.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by shagaman: 5:18pm On Jan 04, 2012
I am in Tiwola's shoe also, u would be of great help!
I have 200k expecting 100-120 guests
Plan to have it in Aug, I be Yoruba-Yoruba
Waiting to read from U

Bros with this kind of budget for a wedding ,just do a parlour wedding with close friends, except you wan make people chop shawa fish for your wedding, Just go arrange alomo for your friends, you need up that money, from now till August go join iron out for hand oooo
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by queensmith: 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2012
VPG:

me ke i'm i mad my wife and I spent $25K o the rest na family o. but of cos i my wife and I already opened an account for the next family member that's jumping the broom.

the funny thing about the whole spending (what we made from envelopes and spraying money)

My parents made 1.3Million naira.
wify's parents made 2.5 Million
My sister made 25 000 naira (LMAO)
My brother 0 cos he gave us all his money
my wife and I 500K (not even up to plane ticket nonsence)

wedding awon olowo! that amount isnt even spent in the uk! lol
fynewaka:

I spent 1.3m in my wedding in August 2011. Despite the little amount, the wedding was very colourful. The truth is that your wedding can never be the best neither can it be the worst. You get what you want.

little?? seriously u dudes are scaring me!
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by shagaman: 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2012
I spent 1.3m in my wedding in August 2011. Despite the little amount, the wedding was very colourful. The truth is that your wedding can never be the best neither can it be the worst. You get what you want

GOD bless you for this post, I got married November and i spent like 1.5 and to me i satisfied my pocket, to save no easy oooo
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by ceejay80s(m): 5:36pm On Jan 04, 2012
@poster, what is ur budget for the wedding? Dont let anybody confuse u, if u have 200k,300k,350k u will enjoy ur weddn, just limit the amount of guest,the most important thing is the priest or rev. that joins the two of u as husband and wife, no spend ur entire savings and in the end hunger go kill u and ur wife for house,
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2012
We had over 500 guests but we introduced some cost cutting measures. We planned out everything together and contracted catering, decor, cake etc. After the court marriage on Tuesday, we decided to do both the trad and the church on the same day and it worked out just fine. See the pix below and contact me let me guide you on how to plan a successful wedding at minimal cost.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by slim1739: 5:53pm On Jan 04, 2012
on the engagement stuffs .i.e.items for engagement list:150k minimum depending on the tribe and d family
on the clothing[d 2 of you 4 all d occassion]:minimum of 150-wedding gown[50k] suit[35] lace and ofi[50]
others-food,venue,mc,etc -800k minimum depending on ur guest and taste
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by VPG: 5:56pm On Jan 04, 2012
queensmith:

wedding awon olowo! that amount isnt even spent in the uk! lol
little?? seriously u dudes are scaring me!

Habba Queensmith dont down play JD like dat naw, i've attended enough naija wedding in the UK that i was like Jesus Christ!
Plus this thing is not over nite now. if you know u going to get marry one day start saving now and u might end up having a million dollar wedding and it will not affect ur bank account one bit. @least that was what I did.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by queensmith: 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2012
lol yes, but the jesus christ weddings barely cost £50k!
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by tiwola: 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2012
Thanks to those who replied with figures.
As for the rest, I asked how much you spent on you® own wedding.
We've chosen a planner and we are close to writing our own plan.
Just me being curious about what others are spending. Thanks to the wellwishers. God bless.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by eghost247(m): 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2012
[size=15pt]Depends on a lot of things but in the end Cut your coat according to your cloth
[/size]
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by VPG: 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2012
queensmith:

lol yes, but the jesus christ weddings barely cost £50k!

But then every thing in the UK is double double. Big Mac self na double price, LOL

50K that's $100K easy.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Joe50(m): 6:26pm On Jan 04, 2012
@Opp, just do the maths ur self.

how many people do u want to invite, let say 100 guest

each person will take rice + maltina + kan water

lets say, each take away rice would cost N300
maltina N100
kan water N50
Total cost for each person would be 300+100+50=450
so 450 X 100 guest = N45,000 this one na food only.

- found the price of rent of hall for the reception
- found out the price of DJ
- etc.

then calculate the total estimate,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Before You Cut Off That Friendship. / Translate" I Love You Forever" to Igbo / 3 Easy Ways To Know If He Will Marry You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.