Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? (21854 Views)

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? / How To Make A Girl Spend On You..(principles) / How Much Did You Spend On The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by r231(m): 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
it depends on the people you know and how much you have grin grin
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Wumami: 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2012
N5m +/-.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by damoskiy(m): 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2012
@ poster it depends on the calibre of people that are coming to your wedding.it also depends on how much you are willing to spend.you can contact me at dairo_damilola2001@yahoo.com.i can help plan the event for free.it all depends on you.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by CalienteMi: 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2012
r231:

it depends on the people you know and how much you have grin grin

Still paying the bill huh? grin grin tongue tongue
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by ronkebp(f): 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2012
Poster just budget at least 3 million for it, and make wise decisoions, do not be too extravagant, it is only for one day.

what you need to have in mind
food
drinks
musician
mc
decoration, would you be having a one day or 2 days ceremony, engagement and wedding? if you are, then you have to plan for both.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Ialwaysask: 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2012
As it has been said how much you spend depends on you.

The first expenses would be for the introduction/engagement ceremony.

WEDDING Costs/expenses to factor:

-Engagement ring/ wedding bands

-Cost of designing/making/sending out invites.

-Bridal gown (shoes&Bag/ accessories)
-Bridal make-up
-Manicure/Pedicule
-Bridesmaids dresses

-Groom's Suit
-Groomsmen suit's
-Pageboys suits
-Ringbearer's outfit

-Venue
-Decoration (plus hiring tables and chairs)
-Catering
-Beverages (alcoholic drinks increase costs substantially)

-Entertainment (DJ/Live band/MC)

-Cameraman
-Videographer

-Gifts for guests, such as keyrings, notepads, cups etc,

By the time you factored the costs for the aforementioned you should be able to see your rough expenditure.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Ib(f): 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2012
My husband and i spent
£60 - registry registration
£180 - to wed on Saturday

Him                                                                  ME
£150 - for his suit and shoe                                      £130 - dress
£50 - for his tom ford perfume                                  £100 - Shoe
£50 - for 3 shirts                                                       £80 - Hair
£10 - for tie                                                               £75 - Evening dress
£15 - cufflinks                                                            £10 - Earring
                                                                                 £10 - nails

Both of us
£ 90 - Flower
£250 - Food
£60 - other food, cake and small chops
£100 - Drinks
£150 miscellaneous - e.g cab, cups etc

Reception - In the living room Total guest 35 people

Total in pounds 1260
total in naira 317,000
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by JimOvia: 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2012
Congratulations @poster.

Well lots of factors to consider. I did my wedding in abuja nov '11. When my parents entered the hall, they thought they were in the wrong place cos the decoration(#200k) and setting was off the hook. Had over 400 guests. Had a popular radio DJ (#35k), MC (#20k). Food (250k), cameraman (#100k) drinks(#200k) suit for me n bestman(#80k) wedding gown (#100k or more can't remember cos wifey paid).
All in all, including the traditional wedding and our flight tickets to dubai I spent roughly #2.7m. And it was a very classy wedding. Guests were leaving with bottles of wine and ppl are still calling me a 'strongman' till today. But we received a lot of cash& gifts. So I recovered almost half of the expenses and I'm still getting cash gifts uptill today.

Goodluck&best wishes bt cut ur coat accordingly. Though I don't think 200k can do a wedding for a graduate/educated person. Maybe for a mechanic or Vulcanizer. No offense just my opinion
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by dominique(f): 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2012
i hate big weddings, they're so unnecessary. i don't know why people lavish so much in such big weddings while watching their close friends or relatives languish in poverty. i always cringe when i think about how much my parents spent on my wedding. simple court wedding would have suited me fine and there would have plenty left to spend on more productive things.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by r231(m): 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
CalienteMi:

Still paying the bill huh? grin grin tongue tongue

Lol grin grin

Nahhhh. . . . . we paid for everything on the spot

over some N---m too grin grin
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Pesuzok(m): 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2012
i did mine in may 2011 in port harcourt

Reception hall (airconditioned):  150k  (inclusive of the chairs and tables)

Decorator : 60k (A very smart, hustling  guy did the decor, you need to see the decoration, tight)

Cake: 70k (four steps)

Food: 200k (paid 100, my sis-in-law balanced up)

Drinks:150k (paid 50k, my committee of friends paid 100k)

Wedding gown: 80k (i had a quarrel with my wife abt this, but its her day so i bought it. The gown was beautiful)

Suit (2): 50k (for me and bestman)

DJ: ? (a friend provided a very good DJ; for the party, sorry wedding)

Photographs and video coverage: ( a friend paid for that)

Sovenir: Spent 50k but got some other things from family

Wedding Rings: 70k

other misc: 50k

approx 800 - 900k

But mehn, the wedding was ok, the DJ was on fire, and i dance as if i was in a club, and the whole guest were all dancing.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by JimOvia: 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2012
Here is my hall while it wasn't complete

Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Badminton: 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2012
200k for 100? Thats a very modest wedding. Whats your location?
@Odunu: IBADAN.
@Everyone: appreciate u all, wont mind more,

I assume nothing is goin to come in from anyone, that's me; dont look up to man for anything.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Dyt(f): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2012
Blinkin
ohhhhh
millions on weddin?
Covers mouth
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by JimOvia: 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2012
Pesuzok:

i did mine in may 2011 in port harcourt

Reception hall (airconditioned):  150k  (inclusive of the chairs and tables)

Decorator : 60k (A very smart, hustling  guy did the decor, you need to see the decoration, tight)

Cake: 70k (four steps)

Food: 200k (paid 100, my sis-in-law balanced up)

Drinks:150k (paid 50k, my committee of friends paid 100k)

Wedding gown: 80k (i had a quarrel with my wife abt this, but its her day so i bought it. The gown was beautiful)

Suit (2): 50k (for me and bestman)

DJ: ? (a friend provided a very good DJ; for the party, sorry wedding)

Photographs and video coverage: ( a friend paid for that)

Sovenir: Spent 50k but got some other things from family

Wedding Rings: 70k

other misc: 50k

approx 800 - 900k

But mehn, the wedding was ok, the DJ was on fire, and i dance as if i was in a club, and the whole guest were all dancing.

Ol boy post pics make we see. Let's make dis more fun. Besides hw come ppl just de pay everything for u? Guessing ur a banker or PA!

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by oc2fish: 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2012
Please keep your money do only the necessary things like the bride price and go for a blessing as the case may be
register your marriage and enter house.

Do you know that more Nigerian woman require medical issue for conception, not forgetting accommodation and to be candid
do you really want to squander your life saving for a day show.

Please keep your money and do only the minimum. Do not waste that money, invest in your education and the life of your unborn.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by queensmith: 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2012
in ldn- cheapin out on most but still spending on some a typical yoruba owambe wedding will cost you 30k upwards, for 500+ guests.

if your smart you can have a luxury wedding for the same or less, £99 per head and everything else is taken care of.

Im not familiar with how things are in naija- but if u can afford it and it means soo much to you. I think £20k should be sufficient
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2012
r231:

Lol grin grin

Nahhhh. . . . . we paid for everything on the spot

over some N---m too grin grin
Mr oga abeg tell poster d last wedding we go no rich 4k,but dem still manage give us chicken wey still get feathers on top am take serve us sedimentary rice,and oh yes brokoto(cow foot)was d finest meat on d menu buAhahha(*she slaps herself* Bado u are terrible).

Anyways poster dont do pass yourself is the lesson, weigh ur pocket and attach your brain.If I collect IV and abodi is on d menu I go vex oooo.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by r231(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Mr oga abeg tell poster d last wedding we go no rich 4k,but dem still manage give us chicken wey still get feathers on top am take serve us sedimentary rice,and oh yes brokoto(cow foot)was d finest meat on d menu buAhahha(*she slaps herself* Bado u are terrible).

Anyways poster dont do pass yourself is the lesson, weigh your pocket and attach your brain.If I collect IV and abodi is on d menu I go vex oooo.

Lol grin grin grin

queensmith:

in ldn- cheapin out on most but still spending on some a typical yoruba owambe wedding will cost you 30k upwards, for 500+ guests.

if your smart you can have a luxury wedding for the same or less, £99 per head and everything else is taken care of.

Im not familiar with how things are in naija- but if u can afford it and it means soo much to you. I think £20k should be sufficient

you are right cus hall is about 5k on its own
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Flashaldrin(m): 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2012
on frontpage smiley

i know seun himself listens to me cool cool
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by NOIBMUUL(m): 12:03am On Jan 05, 2012
No wonder men have a lower life expectancy.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by YemyTemmy: 1:20am On Jan 05, 2012
@NOIBMUUL, what has life expectancy got to do with the amount spent on wedding, am planning mine by august!!! Am learning here!
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by eatme: 1:56am On Jan 05, 2012
Weddings are expensive ooo. Good luck and congrats to you all. May the almighty bless your unions!
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by cameronese(m): 2:02am On Jan 05, 2012
No matter your teste, No matter where you come from, No matter the time of the year you want your wedding,
No matter the number of guest, No matter your choices. You simply can't spend more than what you have!

I did my wedding with about N220,000 and we've been living happily thereafter. Had two kids already and now
can afford 3-5Million for a vacation.

Think of what you can afford now and forget about figures. It's just a day event, life will be much more than that afterwards.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by InkedNerd(f): 2:08am On Jan 05, 2012
@OP: I haven't gotten married so as of today, I have spent $0.00 on my wedding grin
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by tit(f): 3:10am On Jan 05, 2012
i would say budget about 5 months income.
i guess you are working class, have been saving up for this once-in-a-lifetime event.
then spending that much money can be excused.
(if you divorce and subsequently call us for another wedding, we shall send our regrets).

nobody should tell you to spend either 50,000naira or 50million naira.
we no know yar level.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Ibime(m): 4:37am On Jan 05, 2012
I've spent £16k so far (including honeymoon, dowry and tombolo (door knocking)) and ma wedding is not due for another 11 weeks. . . not including engagement ring which also left a sizeable dent.

I estimate further spending for DJ, Grooms and Groomsmen wear (hired), photographer, wedding ring and any other unforeseen matter. . . . maybe another £2k, plus £1k spending money on honeymoon. Wedding of only 60 guests.

Now I wish I was a member of a church where some of my "brothers and sisters in Christ" can help with certain matters. My father claims he spent zilch on his wedding cos the church did everything.

Hoping to recoup 1/5 of the amount during the wedding. Please who knows wedding gifts service that converts vouchers into cash. John Lewis dey fall my hand and I dont want to ask guests for money make dem no yab me. grin
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by goldng: 7:28am On Jan 05, 2012
Nice and Interesting Thread.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by moremi2008(m): 7:34am On Jan 05, 2012
I am not married but the general price for a decent middle-class Nigerian wedding in the U.S. for about 100-150 guests (by middle class, I mean husband=engineer, and wife=nurse type of wedding) is about $50k. The couple spends ~$20-25k and the family spends the rest. If both families are rich, the budget might go up an additional $25k-$50k. I know this because all my friends are married!!!!!!!!!! Aaaargghhh!!! One day, one day it will be my turn oh, IJN!
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Ashes0725: 8:30am On Jan 05, 2012
I just wanna grab this chance to tell everyone about http://naijaweds.com The place for newly wedded couples to share their wedding experience online. Surely its almost impossible to have all of your friends (online and offline) attend your wedding, But with Naijaweds.com we'll help broadcast your wedding beyond its physical location at no extra cost to you. Pls check it out and lets know what you think. Thanks.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by nous(f): 9:45am On Jan 05, 2012
I am not married. I told my parents that I did not want a more than 30people wedding. She did a calculation of her 2elder sisters children which totalled 18children, then her younger sisters' children and her elder brother's children already more than 30. Then add my pop's family and my husband's family. Already more than 80. I want to have a simple wedding. I believe more in life after the wedding.
Sometimes I wish I were a man living abroad, so I wont have to do the wedding in naija if my wife is not from naija. Then it will just be me, my wife and few family and friends. Other people will only hear and see pictures.
My boyfriend and I are planning to marry into our own house, so we will use that as an excuse to do a small wedding. I am sure our parents will reason with us when we say we have spent all our money on the house. If they want to foot all the bills then good for them. But nobody should call me after the wedding asking me for money.
So my advice, outline your priorities in financial terms and ask yourself if the one day or two days big wedding will dent your pocket and prevent you from achieving those important needs.
Most importantly, invest in your life after the wedding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Before You Cut Off That Friendship. / Translate" I Love You Forever" to Igbo / 3 Easy Ways To Know If He Will Marry You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.