Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,169 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? (8909 Views)

Why Go Into A Relationship When You Are Not Ready To Marry / I Started Enjoying My Relationship When I Started Lying. / Does Love Mater In A Relationship When Money Is There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Busta(f): 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2006
jacq:

After both have done some test to see if u both are free from dieases to have sex without condom.
and y'all are ready to start havin kids.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by zebudaya(m): 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2006
drop it the first time. most people don't have AIDS grin, it's more exciting that way.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by mamaput(f): 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2006
Well i hate condom and i do not want to get married again.
A ring will save no one from what ever .
That ring has no meaning in many a marrage.
If a Boyfriend cannot be faithful an "I do" will not make him faithfull-

Talk about it , get your self tested ( who dose anyway) and get the anti baby what ever.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by kasshogy(m): 2:31am On Aug 19, 2006
Nobody has said anything about "Coitus Interruptus" It's what guys expect to help against a potential babyboom, although it is highly unreliable and exposes both parties to STD's and what have you, but look on brite side it was good while it lasted, until the results come out.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Seun(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2006
"Coitus interruptus" doesn't work. Sperms have a way of sneaking in when you use that!!
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by nurenga(m): 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2006
always use your condomn dont be deceived by LOVE, some of those that have aids got it through their sex partners
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by babe1(f): 7:11am On Aug 31, 2006
zebudaya:

drop it the first time. most people don't have AIDS grin, it's more exciting that way.

Huh? What world do you live in Sir?
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Nameless: 10:58am On Aug 31, 2006
If your truely love her you will use a condem until you marry her.That way she doesn't get pregnant and embarrasses her family.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by zebudaya(m): 3:36pm On Aug 31, 2006
Nameless:

If your truely love her you will use a condem until you marry her.That way she doesn't get pregnant and embarrasses her family.

Thats where birth control pills come in.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by chinani(f): 4:25pm On Aug 31, 2006
zebudaya:

Thats where birth control pills come in.
Birth control isn't fool proof, esp if she's taking antibiotics. Just wanted to throw that out there. Be safe folks.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by zebudaya(m): 4:39pm On Aug 31, 2006
condoms arent fool proof either, they break sometimes or slip off. The Pill is 92-99.7% effective as birth control.good enough A+ grin
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by chinani(f): 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2006
zebudaya:

condoms arent fool proof either, they break sometimes or slip off. The Pill is 92-99.7% effective as birth control.good enough A+ grin
Oh wasn't saying either/or. . .but me thinks if you are old enough for sex you are old enough to use both. If it's too expensive then you can't afford sex.

But while we're on the either/or debate. Birth control is only anti-babies. What about (asymptomatic) STDs? undecided
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by zebudaya(m): 5:09pm On Aug 31, 2006
start off with condoms, if you and your partner feel like going at it naturally go to the clinic and do tests , if both of you are alright then use birth control and bang away. It's easier that way, but make sure the girl doesn't want to get pregnant or u're in deep $hit! but you have to use your discretion i would not do it with any girl who i know has had more than 3 sexual partners!
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by chinani(f): 5:13pm On Aug 31, 2006
Very reasonable. But, me, I'm not doing it w/ any girl period! Was that a corny joke? embarassed grin
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by zebudaya(m): 10:24pm On Aug 31, 2006
so you use condoms until you get married, but the dude you marry may have asymptomatic STD's what then?
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Radiant(f): 11:28pm On Aug 31, 2006
I personally think sex is all a risk. I don't like condoms but I've got no choice. Condoms are very protective as long as you change them lipsrsealed Birth control pills are safe as well but have their own side effects over a long period of time( >5 years). There's no particular time when to drop a condom 'cause there's no complete trust and assurance that your partner won't have an affair outside. We all make mistakes and fall into bad temptations as they call it. Just pray hard and try to have safe sex even when u fall into temptation otherwise have a condom free sex with your partner. It's more fun indeed! smiley
As to when to drop a condom, no time!!! The r/ship might be steady today but tmrw how far? Before you find out, you might be a Clinton foundation candidate grin Safe y'all
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by chinani(f): 3:39am On Sep 01, 2006
zebudaya:

so you use condoms until you get married, but the dude you marry may have asymptomatic STD's what then?
Are you asking me? I wouldn't have unprotected sex w/ someone who hadn't been tested, married or not.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by babe1(f): 5:19am On Sep 02, 2006
chinani:

Birth control isn't fool proof, esp if she's taking antibiotics. Just wanted to throw that out there. Be safe folks.

Do people take antibiotics all year round and whenever? Hmm!
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by mamaput(f): 8:26am On Sep 02, 2006
No they do not.
Mostly just for 5 days
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2006
Since the relationship is STEADY, you can stop using condoms. Hopefully you
would have confirmed her level of commitment to the relationship.

I dont like condoms anyway, so i wait until the relationship is steady before
indulging in that sweet thing.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Radiant(f): 2:08am On Sep 04, 2006
fntekim:

I don't like condoms anyway, so i wait until the relationship is steady before
indulging in that sweet thing.
I really wish i could believe u. wink grin
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by babe1(f): 5:29am On Sep 06, 2006
People like risks i must say!
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by CalabarMan(m): 8:17am On Sep 06, 2006
you guys all have the correct textbook answers and for that I give you an A+, however lets come back to reality. Most dating couples drop the condom without test after 6 months of dating and having sex. You don't believe me abi? Why do you think the sale of "Postinor" is very high and 90% of the buyers are single babes. If they are practicing safe sex with a condom postinor would not be needed and if it was just a safety precaution to have some around in case of a burst condom then consumption rate wouldn't be that high. We also have a high rate of abortion in the country ask any medical student and he/she would confirm this.

People tend to get carried away and take the risk of having unprotected sex. I did a couple of that when I was younger eventhough I could write a perfect thesis on STD and preventions, thank God I didn't contact any thing.

The best advise is don't have unprotected sex without a condom and when you are ready for it you two should go for a test and make sure that you remain faithful to each other after that or use a condom if you want to venture out occassionally with other partners.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by dynamo2000(m): 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2006
Drop the condom when you are certain that your partner is not HIV positive or when you are ready to raise a family. Other wise you may contract STD, HIV or become a father undecided
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Nobody: 2:09am On Sep 07, 2006
@Calabaman.
True talk, but something must kill a man.
I seriously wish some of us can develop
selfcontrol and practise abstinence instead,
that way the issue of when to drop the condom
will not arise.
I know say some of una go shout say e go tay!!
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by manakins: 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2006
When both of u have made a decision to start a family.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by lioness(f): 8:59am On Sep 11, 2006
na wao sad
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Ferlie(m): 10:18pm On Mar 09, 2007
the first night.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by Bosdem(f): 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2007
Is condoms all about STD's and HIV/AIDS? what about unwanted pregnancy?
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by hazeleyez(f): 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2007
you drop the condom when you marry her.
Re: In A Steady Relationship, When Can You Drop The Condom? by amaikama(m): 11:21am On May 05, 2009
Sickness no dey kill black man. abeg, go on soooon!!! do am as you like nobody dey drag am with you. if you want die who go come replace you? nobody, seun gooon go deny u. nairalanders go go fill your death register. that all. you think say dem go take ur place when it comes to death. abeg do ur ting jare no mind dem. enjoy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Long Distance Relationship: Is She Losing Interest? / This Is What Happens When A Man Enters The Kitchen.....lol Photos / Don't Submit To Any Man Because Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.