Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (209486 Views)

How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education / Getting Admission To Study Free In Tbilis Georgia / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by micarson: 1:17am On Jan 13, 2012
@2good, i want to apply for master studies in  Universiteit van Amsterdam and delft university of technology. when schooling do they give work opportunities for master students to support thier programme, and the country intereting in terms of hussling and schooling.Thank i need your respond

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by megastu(m): 2:16am On Jan 13, 2012
@micarsoon,

If na work dey your mind, forget it. In netherlands, not possible.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 2:17am On Jan 13, 2012
Dont come to the Netherlands to school if you dont have a source of paying atleast your first year tuition and cost of living. You wont even get the visa except you prove you have enough money to finance your education for the first year, which you must transfer to a dutch bank. Tuition in Delft University of Technology is 12,500 euros per year which is 25000 euros for the 2years or 5,250,000 naira for tuition alone without living expenses which is also as expensive as the yearly tuition.
Forget about hustling as a student because your work permit states you are not allowed to work more than I think 10hrs per week which  requires your ability to speak dutch, except during the summer when you can work full time. In summary you will suffer if you are planning to come here to study and pay your fees and bills through hustling. Just an advice.

2 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 14, 2012
@2good: truly you aRε̲̣̣̣ too good, thanks for †ђξ vital info you aRε̲̣̣̣ passing across,
Actually, i would like to know more about †ђξ scholarship programme like you mentioned that u were awarded a 100% scholarship, please what was or what's is †ђξ criteria for awarding scholarship? Secondly, since we aRε̲̣̣̣ from an english speaking country moreover our degree was taught in english with this regard, can TOEFL or IELTS be waived from †ђξ requirement? My friend and I have no TOEFL scores but my GPA is 3.78-Mechanical/production Engineering-state uni while that of my friend is 4.57(first class)-Computer/electronic Engineering-fed uni. Please what aRε̲̣̣̣ our chances of securing admission with scholarships respectively, even if its not a 100% scholarship.
Would appreciate your kind respond
N:B other relevant advise(s) or contributions from †ђξ house will be appreciated
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 10:04am On Jan 14, 2012
@olibyno,

I dont think there is any University in Netherlands that will give you Admission without TOEFL. But most Universities in Denmark accept students from Nigeria without requesting for TOEFL. The reason why i chose Netherlands is because i dont have the energy of going through Visa stress and most of the Universities in Netherlands arrange for Student Visa as MVV and Resident Permit for their accepted students. This is just my humble information as i read from my research not experience pls.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 10:22am On Jan 14, 2012
@2good: truly you α̲̅Rε̲̣̣̣ too good, thanks for †ђξ vital info you α̲̅Rε̲̣̣̣ passing across,
Actually, i would like to know more about †ђξ scholarship programme like you mentioned that u were awarded a 100% scholarship, please what was or what's is †ђξ criteria for awarding scholarship? Secondly, since we α̲̅Rε̲̣̣̣ from an english speaking country moreover our degree was taught in english with this regard, can TOEFL or IELTS be waived from †ђξ requirement? My friend and I have no TOEFL scores but my GPA is 3.78-Mechanical/production Engineering-state uni while that of my friend is 4.57(first class)-Computer/electronic Engineering-fed uni. Please what α̲̅Rε̲̣̣̣ our chances of securing admission with scholarships respectively, even if its not a 100% scholarship.
Would appreciate your kind respond
N:B other relevant advise(s) or contributions from †ђξ house will be appreciated

First without TOEFL, No Dutch university will review your file for admission as its a new regulation from the government since 2010 academic year if you are from Nigeria, so you must take the toefl exam and for most of the schools, the minimum score is 90 on the computer based test and its equivalent. Concerning the scholarship, you have to compete with other people from Europe, Asia, The Americas, Australia and the middle east. TU Delft for example is a diverse environment, where you can have up to 13 nationalities in your class like in my case. The scholarship is very very competitive, so your general academic package is very important for you to be awarded any scholarship including partial. Your friend with a first class have a very good chance of getting a scholarship but for you, I will be straight forward with you and tell you that the chances of you getting any scholarship is very slim because of your GPA. Your class size might not be more than 20, so getting admission in TUDelft might be an issue let alone scholarship based on the experience of people that have previously applied here.

2 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2012
@2good.

Give more insight since you have the experience. How do we make sure that we gain Admission?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2012
Give more insight since you have the experience. How do we make sure that we gain Admission?

I really don't know what you expect from me again considering all the answers I have been given you before now. Ask me specific question and I will answer you. Like I said earlier all the requirements you need for admission are clearly stated in the admission application page of what ever school you intend applying to.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by newacca: 9:55am On Jan 18, 2012
@House,
I am happy to see this thread. I think I can make my little contribution and also seek opportunity to ask questions from those that have already studied in Netherlands like megastu,2good and the rest.
I learn from people everytime and everyday and I also like sharing my knowledge and experience with ppl. I learnt from experience and contact with some universities and colleges in Netherland. it's true that schls do get visa to students directly from Netherlands. It is call MVV. but 2good has explained the formalities.

@2good,Megastu et al
Pls. enlighten me. Do Netherlands Embassy requires medical tests before visa is issued? I will appreciate a response to this question.
I have applied for a study visa to Canada in April 2011 and got called for medical test(as a procedure for visa) in July,2011 but during the interview with the designated doctor of the embassy,she asked if I have ever had TB. I told her d truth that I had the ailment8.5years ago and I got cured of it 8years. The doctor wrote her comments and the embassy directed to to go for sputum smears test,which comes negative,additional test was requested and I was directed again to see a Pulmonologist. On d long run,the Doctor told me that the TB relapses,and that it will take abt 1 year for me to be treated. Though I have started d treatment in Dec.2011 it is just a daily intake of some medicine and I can take it along whenever I want to go anywhere.
I do not want to put my egg inside one basket and I am finding some other options. I consider Netherland better and preferable in my opinion. I would like to know if the Embassy directs students to take medical test. If it does not,I think I can continue with my treatment in Netherlands when I eventually get the visa. what is stops d processing of my admission with the schools I applied to,is the medical test issue. please i need ur comment,advice and response.
thank.
ciao
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by LaParisienne(f): 11:49am On Jan 18, 2012
@Newacca
Sorry abt your situation. Are you going for undergrad or postgrad studies?
If you are going for postgrad, why not try Germany? Free quality education as long as you can deposit 8000 euros for ur initial upkeep.

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by newacca: 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2012
@La Parisienne,
Thx. so much 4 ur kind gesture. I want to go for undergraduate studies. But d visa issue bothers. I think study visa to Netherlands will be easier that's mainly part of reasons of considering Netherlands. Thx. so much. I welcome more advice and suggestion 4rm all.
ciao
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2012
@newacca, sorry bro for your predicament, With God all things are possible.

I have gone a long way with my research. AUC, Amsterdam University College seems the best bet. You Pay 6,500 Euros and it covers your tuition fees, accommodation reservation, medical insurance, MVV/Resident Permit, e.t.c, they get your visa once you have successfully been given Admission.

@ Nairalanders, please share more of your experience. I started this thread and i believe there are many traveled individuals in this world that is on Nairaland. Thanks all for your contribution @megastu and 2good. Remain blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by MAURI: 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2012
@2Good.

Hi, I live in NL. I have a few questions i'd like to asK you, I hope you don't mind.
I'd appreciate if you can drop me an e-mail @: lawijo@gmail.com
Thanks in advance and look forward to your e-mail.
Thanks
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 9:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
@Mauri,

Please share your Experience about NL.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by MAURI: 10:20pm On Jan 21, 2012
@Desmond,

I can categorically tell you that the information given by 2good so far can be considered as very satisfactory and on point!
I studied here way back, I graduated years back and the procedure keeps changing.
I am of the opinion that 2good is in a better position to provide up-to-date info on the current school admission procedure.
I am a Banker by profession, shld you have any questions on Banking or any general issues that have my interest, do not hesitate.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
@Mauri,

Please i need to ensure that i got my Visa and Admission. Please whats the guarantee that i will get a student Visa once am given an Admission?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 23, 2012
Interesting
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by DisGuy: 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2012
p.desmond:

@Mauri,

Please i need to ensure that i got my Visa and Admission. Please whats the guarantee that i will get a student Visa once am given an Admission?

it's getting tedious now, you said you have spoken to the admissions office, you have done your research and you have seen the requirement.

In any case they will refund your money
ask yourself
do you meet the financial requirement?
do you meen the education reuqirement?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 9:47am On Jan 24, 2012
@Dis guy,

I believe i met the Admission Requirements, The School requires you Pay in 7.000 Euros into their Account, The Money serves for your Admission, Visa/Resident Permit, Accommodation Reservation, Proof of enough Fund for 1 year, Medical/Health Insurance. They said that once you are fully Admitted that they will work on your MVV and you will be informed of were to pick it up once its ready. So please what do you think?

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 3:58pm On Jan 24, 2012
p.desmond:

@Dis guy,

I believe i met the Admission Requirements, The School requires you Pay in 7.000 Euros into their Account, The Money serves for your Admission, Visa/Resident Permit, Accommodation Reservation, Proof of enough Fund for 1 year, Medical/Health Insurance. They said that once you are fully Admitted that they will work on your MVV and you will be informed of were to pick it up once its ready. So please what do you think?

I dont know where you are getting your information from, but I am pretty sure you are not looking at the right place to get what you need. This is the tuition and fees page of the Amsterdam University College http://www.auc.nl/admissions/object.cfm/4D782E10-1321-B0BE-A4C4A5E168062ECF
You can clearly see that the tuition and total cost of living for the 2012/2013 session which will be your starting year if admitted this year is 21,071 Euros because you are a Non EU citizen. That is already over 4 million naira. Post the link that says you will be paying only 7,000 euros as a Non EU citizen for your visa to be processed

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by ToritseO: 12:19am On Jan 25, 2012
2good and Megastu, I really find the information you provided here very helpful so far. I will like to call or email you on further clarification. I am presently in a hard decision process and require urgent advice and recommendation as regards this whole topic. I'd really appreciate to hear from you soonest. My address: daniel_toritse@yahoo.com or u could call or sms me:08025782781 Thanks
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2012
Toritse_O:

2good and Megastu, I really find the information you provided here very helpful so far. I will like to call or email you on further clarification. I am presently in a hard decision process and require urgent advice and recommendation as regards this whole topic. I'd really appreciate to hear from you soonest. My address: daniel_toritse@yahoo.com or u could call or sms me:08025782781 Thanks

Ask your questions here first. If its something that requires further discussion, then I'll re route you to a different email address. I dont just give private email address because most of the questions asked are already answered previously
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by ToritseO: 3:58pm On Jan 25, 2012
2good & Megastu: I just got admission into a university in the Netherlands. However, owing to the fact that foreign students are not allowed to work all through the study program, I am considering not accepting the admission any longer because I can't really afford to study in Holland without any source of income there . A friend in Holland made reference to Norway and that its a country favorable to foreign students in terms of student Jobs. Is it possible to pursue admission into a nowegian university if I decide accepting this Nederlands admission? I love Nederland universities because of how they assist in getting their prospective students visa. With the Schenghen visa, I could monitor my admission application at Norway more closely, I think. Please how do you see this whole plan?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2012
@Toritse_o,

Which University in Netherlands did you gain Admission? Did you write TOEFL before you were given Admission? If am to suggest, i will tell you to first of all travel to the Netherlands with MVV because i believe its more easier to get a Student Visa with the assistance from the Netherlands Universities. Then when you arrive you can change to Norway University as a transfer student. Pardon me for talking too much. I have no experience, just commenting from my research. Please guys. share out your advise on this.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by ToritseO: 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2012
Thanks. Wittenborg University of applied science. They do not really require TOEFL from students who have done Bachelors entirely in the English language and can prove such- mostly via a telephone conversation.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 5:07pm On Jan 25, 2012
Toritse_O

Am intending to apply for Bachelors Programme. That means i have to write TOEFL? I believe The Netherlands is the best bet for easy Student Visa in Schengen States. Whats your E-mail? Let me add you on messenger so we can chat.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by newacca: 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2012
@All,
Pls. enlighten me. Do Netherlands Embassy requires medical tests before visa is issued? I will appreciate a response to this question.
I have applied for a study visa to Canada in April 2011 and got called for medical test(as a procedure for visa) in July,2011 but during the interview with the designated doctor of the embassy,she asked if I have ever had TB. I told her d truth that I had the ailment8.5years ago and I got cured of it 8years. The doctor wrote her comments and the embassy directed to to go for sputum smears test,which comes negative,additional test was requested and I was directed again to see a Pulmonologist. On d long run,the Doctor told me that the TB relapses,and that it will take abt 1 year for me to be treated. Though I have started d treatment in Dec.2011 it is just a daily intake of some medicine and I can take it along whenever I want to go anywhere.
I do not want to put my egg inside one basket and I am finding some other options. I consider Netherlands better and preferable in my opinion. I would like to know if the Embassy directs students to take medical test. If it does not,I think I can continue with my treatment in Netherlands when I eventually get the visa. what is stops d processing of my admission with the schools I applied to,is the medical test issue. please i need ur comment,advice and response.
thank.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 7:34pm On Jan 25, 2012
newacca:

@All,
I do not want to put my egg inside one basket and I am finding some other options. I consider Netherlands better and preferable in my opinion. I would like to know if the Embassy directs students to take medical test. If it does not,I think I can continue with my treatment in Netherlands when I eventually get the visa. what is stops d processing of my admission with the schools I applied to,is the medical test issue. please i need ur comment,advice and response.
thank.

No they don't require you to do medical test
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 10:52pm On Jan 25, 2012
@Newacca,

You have asked the same question over and over in many travel threads and you have been answered. Which country are you applying now?

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by newacca: 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2012
@2good,
thx a lot Bro. u r 2 good as ur handle suggests. u r one in a Million. cool

@P.desmond,
Nobody ever respond directly to d medical issue question. except now that 2good responded. All d same.thx 4 ur comment.
ciao
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:42am On Jan 27, 2012
@newacca,

Do you want to Apply for studies in Netherlands? Thats where i intend studying,
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by newacca: 4:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
@p.desmond,
I am yet to decide,as I have reached a very important stage with my canada study visa. dat's Y I asked if the Netherlands embassy request medical test. Though I have been tld they dont request dat. Canada request medical b4 visa is issued and I need to treat myself for 1.5year b4 visa is issued. There is actually a Uni in Netherlands where I can get my degree in 1.5year or 2yrs(depending on my work experience). That's where I reach crossed road. Canada's living expenses is cheaper compare to NL. and fee is also cheaper. I cld have go for d schl in NL. Now,I am contemplating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.