Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (209592 Views)

How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education / Getting Admission To Study Free In Tbilis Georgia / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 06, 2012
p.desmond:

Mine, Everything is alright.
yeah,good.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 9:08pm On May 06, 2012
Demaejy:
yeah,good.

All to the Glory of God.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chrisagwu: 9:30am On Jun 08, 2012
Dear Nairaland Friends,
Please I will need your assistance,I want any one who knows of any school in the Netherlands where TOEFL can be waived, and for those of you already in the Netherlands what is this school like "www.wittenborg.eu", and the location, as I want an environment that can give me access to greater opportunities,your response will be greatly appreciated.

Chris

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Iceslizer(f): 12:09pm On Jun 09, 2012
Hello chris, im applying to the same school this september. If you so wish, we can exchange ideas.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chrisagwu: 7:35am On Jun 10, 2012
@Iceslizer dt will really be nice.Hv u started the process?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:00am On Jun 12, 2012
@ Iceslizer & Chrisagwu,

Have you applied to any of the Universities in Netherlands? I believe Saxion University & Avans University will Offer you Admission without TOEFL as long as your English is well credited in WAEC & School Transcripts. By the way are you going for Bachelors or Masters? I believe also that Application for September Entry have closed. I started this thread to seek for advise, i have been offered Admission & tuition fee have been paid as well, although its very expensive almost 3million naira, that includes Visa & Resident Permit Fee with Accommodation of 4months plus insurance.

If you need any advise do ask i will be pleased to offer to the best of my knowledge. By the way i took TOEFL its not difficult.....

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chrisagwu: 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2012
@P.Desmond,
Thanks so much for this thread, I have tried applying to Fontys and they offered me a conditional Admission, until I produce the TOEFL result, so I stumbled on Wittenborg and I applied for their MBA and they are telling me now that there is no space anymore, Saxion is still accepting and I have sent them mail to know if they can waive TOEFL for me before I apply, and from all indication the TOEFL test will not come up until August and I think that will be late, So please I really need help? What school did you apply to and what are yous studying?
Once again thanks for this thread.I await your response.

Chris
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Iceslizer(f): 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sorry for the late response chris. I applied for masters. I've sent all the documents. They sent me an email yesterday that they've sent it to NUFFIC for verification. They said they'll contact me in seven days. How far have you gone in your application? Did you apply to another school?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Iceslizer(f): 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2012
@desmond. So what's the next step now? How long will it take for the visa to be processed?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
Iceslizer: @desmond. So what's the next step now? How long will it take for the visa to be processed?

As i was informed by the School's Immigration woman, all Visa/Resident Permit Application will be Filed on 1st July to the IND. It takes 3-4 weeks before their decision comes out. You will then be given a date to go to the Embassy and pickup your MVV (Student Visa), without delays. When you arrive you will be given the rest of the documents like Student ID Card & Resident Permit.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Iceslizer(f): 11:36pm On Jun 16, 2012
Ok, seems straight forward to me.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:41pm On Jun 16, 2012
chrisagwu: @P.Desmond,
Thanks so much for this thread, I have tried applying to Fontys and they offered me a conditional Admission, until I produce the TOEFL result, so I stumbled on Wittenborg and I applied for their MBA and they are telling me now that there is no space anymore, Saxion is still accepting and I have sent them mail to know if they can waive TOEFL for me before I apply, and from all indication the TOEFL test will not come up until August and I think that will be late, So please I really need help? What school did you apply to and what are yous studying?
Once again thanks for this thread.I await your response.

Chris

I apologize for my late respond, i have been busy. I applied at Avans University. You need to understand that mostly all Universities in Netherlands needs TOEFL or other acceptable English proficiency exams before an Admission will be given to you. I will advise you to stick with the University that already gave you a conditional acceptance letter because all applications have closed for the year "Officially. Anyone doing application now is on probability basis. I advise you to go and write TOEFL, its taken 4times in a month or more. So you can always write it anytime and submit to the School.

One more thing is get ready the money needed. Recently Netherlands developed what's called "Financial Guarantee" without that you won't be given Visa nor acknowledged student. Mine costs 13000 Euros, that includes Tuition Fee 1year, Accommodation, 4months, Insurance 1year, Visa/Resident Permit 1year. That money must be transferred at once not in bits. Hope you now understand. If you need any answers or guideline ask me, if i know of it then i will gladly inform you. Best of luck.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:43pm On Jun 16, 2012
Iceslizer: Ok, seems straight forward to me.

What do you mean?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Iceslizer(f): 9:56am On Jun 17, 2012
I meant to say the process for getting the visa seems straightforward unlike other countries where you have to go through the stress of visa application and all those tiring protocols.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 10:06am On Jun 17, 2012
Iceslizer: I meant to say the process for getting the visa seems straightforward unlike other countries where you have to go through the stress of visa application and all those tiring protocols.

OK
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by mikolo08(m): 6:03pm On Jun 28, 2012
@p.desmond
I have followed the thread with keen interest,and have seen all the advise that has been given to you,which are very good infomations only if you can just follow them. I see no reason why you can't apply direct to germany?,which will save you a lot of money and stress?.i see no reason why u have to spend 3milla,just to be an exchange student the following year?,when u can deposit 1.6milla in a blocked account in germany and get your study permit in Nigeria!,Germany study permit is very straight forward,u are as good as to go when u pay the 8000euros or so, why ar you scared of visa application?...Am sorry to say this ,if you are real as you say ,Germany for now is your best bet!,because when u finally want to do ur exchange ,you still have to produce that 1.6milla blocked accout.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Iceslizer(f): 1:10pm On Jun 29, 2012
@p.desmond
I have followed the thread with keen interest,and have seen all the advise that has been given to you,which are very good infomations only if you can just follow them. I see no reason why you can't apply direct to germany?,which will save you a lot of money and stress?.i see no reason why u have to spend 3milla,just to be an exchange student the following year?,when u can deposit 1.6milla in a blocked account in germany and get your study permit in Nigeria!,Germany study permit is very straight forward,u are as good as to go when u pay the 8000euros or so, why ar you scared of visa application?...Am sorry to say this ,if you are real as you say ,Germany for now is your best bet!,because when u finally want to do ur exchange ,you still have to produce that 1.6milla blocked accout.[/quote]

does the 1.6mil cover the tution and accomodation as well?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2012
mikolo.007:
@p.desmond
I have followed the thread with keen interest,and have seen all the advise that has been given to you,which are very good infomations only if you can just follow them. I see no reason why you can't apply direct to germany?,which will save you a lot of money and stress?.i see no reason why u have to spend 3milla,just to be an exchange student the following year?,when u can deposit 1.6milla in a blocked account in germany and get your study permit in Nigeria!,Germany study permit is very straight forward,u are as good as to go when u pay the 8000euros or so, why ar you scared of visa application?...Am sorry to say this ,if you are real as you say ,Germany for now is your best bet!,because when u finally want to do ur exchange ,you still have to produce that 1.6milla blocked accout.

If you had read my write up properly you would have discovered am not talking about money here but stress so save your advise and mind that word " if you are real as you say" i dont need any arguments. oh and by the way you seems to know all, where are you residing?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by mikolo08(m): 12:18am On Jun 30, 2012
Iceslizer: @p.desmond

does the 1.6mil cover the tution and accomodation as well?

Hello,tuition is generally free in germany,but some(public) universities charge semester fee,while some are free, so depending on the university.And is generally not more than 1000euros per academic year.Private universities charge tuition,check www.study-in.de/en/ for more info .All you have to pay for is your accomodation and up keep,in which you can withdraw from your 8000euros(1.6milla). Soft

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by mikolo08(m): 12:37am On Jun 30, 2012
p.desmond:

If you had read my write up properly you would have discovered am not talking about money here but stress so save your advise and mind that word " if you are real as you say" i dont need any arguments. oh and by the way you seems to know all, where are you residing?

This is not a matter of knowing it all,or where i stay!, its just a glaring truth,what's the stress in applying for a german study permit?,when you have the needed funds for you to be granted the visa.Or you want the visa to be granted in your living room?.You don't need to take to my advise,neither am i arguing with you!,i know some other prospective students will read the thread carefully and grab what we all have been saying.Go and waste your money and time all in the name of not going through stress...soft
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
can anyone write the requirements for Germany undergraduate without toefl and which school... also for the 1.6m total amount and how long does it takes. mention the school pls and pls so i can apply . i just got canada study denied and i m thinking of netherland or germany.. which is fast processing and not up to 2m. thanks
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 7:06am On Jul 01, 2012
chatmate: can anyone write the requirements for Germany undergraduate without toefl and which school... also for the 1.6m total amount and how long does it takes. mention the school pls and pls so i can apply . i just got canada study denied and i m thinking of netherland or germany.. which is fast processing and not up to 2m. thanks

You have to apply by September against next year February 2013. Have in mind that not all Universities have courses that accept February Entry. Let me know which Country you finally decides. Then I can tell you exactly how I did mine, and by the way I have 4years Scholarship of 4000 Euro per Academic year. The 2.6 m contains accommodation and tuition fee for one year. I advise you take TOEFL soon if you havent
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by mikolo08(m): 11:37am On Jul 01, 2012
p.desmond:

You have to apply by September against next year February 2013. Have in mind that not all Universities have courses that accept February Entry. Let me know which Country you finally decides. Then I can tell you exactly how I did mine, and by the way I have 4years Scholarship of 4000 Euro per Academic year. The 2.6 m contains accommodation and tuition fee for one year. I advise you take TOEFL soon if you havent

@p.desmond
grin so you now have a Four years scholarship in the Netherlands?.i thought you made some payments to the school (3million or so)?.The school has turned it to a full scholarship?. *SMH*.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 12:18pm On Jul 01, 2012
@desmond.. can i chat wid u or sumtin.. since canada refuse my application after 4good months.. i m thinking of netherland. but 2.6m is much ooo .. on han.nl i saw 6500euro-7keuro per yr for international student. can we chat... pls i need this immediately.. and do you mean most schools in netherland accepts toefl. my id blackismypride@yahoo.com bb pin 236b4509

thanks alot
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:33pm On Jul 01, 2012
mikolo.007:

@p.desmond
grin so you now have a Four years scholarship in the Netherlands?.i thought you made some payments to the school (3million or so)?.The school has turned it to a full scholarship?. *SMH*.

You are very ignorant. If you understood English properly you would have understood that I said that I was offered a 4years Scholarship which will start counting after commencement of studies. The Scholarship is 4000 Euro per academic year while the tuition fee is 7500 Euro so if you are as bright as you aclaim yourself you would have read proper meanings into my writeup before pucking. If you need assistance, ask your question here and stop been a child.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:40pm On Jul 01, 2012
chatmate: @desmond.. can i chat wid u or sumtin.. since canada refuse my application after 4good months.. i m thinking of netherland. but 2.6m is much ooo .. on han.nl i saw 6500euro-7keuro per yr for international student. can we chat... pls i need this immediately.. and do you mean most schools in netherland accepts toefl. my id blackismypride@yahoo.com bb pin 236b4509

thanks alot

Am on BB but not yet. If there are confusing things do ask me here. Am still doing my research because I will be going for my Visa interview in few weeks time. So I myself is also seeking for information as well. But I will be glad to assist you with the best of my Knowledge. Goodluck
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by mikolo08(m): 12:47am On Jul 04, 2012
p.desmond:

You are very ignorant. If you understood English properly you would have understood that I said that I was offered a 4years Scholarship which will start counting after commencement of studies. The Scholarship is 4000 Euro per academic year while the tuition fee is 7500 Euro so if you are as bright as you aclaim yourself you would have read proper meanings into my writeup before pucking. If you need assistance, ask your question here and stop been a child.

@P.desmond/poster
Let me go straight to the point and finally hit the nail on the coffin for you!,for calling me an ignorant person, i want to let you know,that you are a block head.

1)You Postered here in Jan that you are looking for a university admission in Netherlands,and you choose it because of the easy study permit(MVV),that you hate Visa stress.

2)Some weeks later,you came back here and said you applied to AUC(Armstardam University College) and that there tuition fee was 7,500eoros,which contains your tuition fee, Visa,Health Insurance,Resident Permit,accommodation and proof of funds for 1yr.

3)Later in March,you got an acceptance letter from the school(AUC) asking you to deposit 13,000euros.You also had an acceptance letter from a school in Denmark asking for a deposit of 1.2million Naira.And that you were confused.

4)In between March/April,you talked about how the school gave you a deadline of 1st of July to make the deposit,and how you intend Putting in as a transfer student/exchange student from Netherlands to Germany or Norway.And that you were looking for some advice before paying in the Moneys were gathering together' in Mid May.And that you are finally sticking to Netherlands because you don't want visa stress.

5)In june you suddenly appeared to have applied in Avans University,got admitted and have paid almost 3million Naira to the school.(Not AUC again its now AU)abi?.

6)Now in July,you have been given a four years scholarship of 4000euros per yr which will start counting when you start your studies grin,While the Tuition fee is 7500euros. Forgetting that you had paid 3million Naira for Tuition,Visa/Resident Permit,health insurance,and accommodation for 1year.

7)Recently you are preparing for your interview at the embassy grin.
In summary ,i don't have more time to waste on you,because all i have outlined above has described you from A-Z.I am not really sorry for you,because you are a confused being looking for an escape route out of Nigeria,the people am sorry for, are those you are advising grin grin grin *SMH*.

Go and get a life!!!.Soft

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 12:52am On Jul 04, 2012
mikolo.007:

@P.desmond/poster
Let me go straight to the point and finally hit the nail on the coffin for you!,for calling me an ignorant person, i want to let you know,that you are a block head.

1)You Postered here in Jan that you are looking for a university admission in Netherlands,and you choose it because of the easy study permit(MVV),that you hate Visa stress.

2)Some weeks later,you came back here and said you applied to AUC(Armstardam University College) and that there tuition fee was 7,500eoros,which contains your tuition fee, Visa,Health Insurance,Resident Permit,accommodation and proof of funds for 1yr.

3)Later in March,you got an acceptance letter from the school(AUC) asking you to deposit 13,000euros.You also had an acceptance letter from a school in Denmark asking for a deposit of 1.2million Naira.And that you were confused.

4)In between March/April,you talked about how the school gave you a deadline of 1st of July to make the deposit,and how you intend Putting in as a transfer student/exchange student from Netherlands to Germany or Norway.And that you were looking for some advice before paying in the Moneys were gathering together' in Mid May.And that you are finally sticking to Netherlands because you don't want visa stress.

5)In june you suddenly appeared to have applied in Avans University,got admitted and have paid almost 3million Naira to the school.(Not AUC again its now AU)abi?.

6)Now in July,you have been given a four years scholarship of 4000euros per yr which will start counting when you start your studies grin,While the Tuition fee is 7500euros. Forgetting that you had paid 3million Naira for Tuition,Visa/Resident Permit,health insurance,and accommodation for 1year.

7)Recently you are preparing for your interview at the embassy grin.
In summary am not really sorry for you,because you are a confused being looking for an escape route out of Nigeria,the people am sorry for, are those you are advising grin grin grin *SMH*.

Go and get a life!!!.Soft

When you done ranting you let me know.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.