Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied (11547 Views)

Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York / Buhari Orders Probe On How ISIS Leader Got Nigerian Visa / Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by JustGood(m): 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2007
tenik:

think denying bill gates visa is just to protect him, he,s not going to benefit from us, he.ll only come to make a positive change or something to improve the country. So its nothing to feel great about that he was denied visa because he has nothing to lose. They will go ahead and give visa to people that will not benefit the country and those that would do something, they will act ignorant. Rubbish i,ll say.

abject ignorance
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by JustGood(m): 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2007
faramola:

Please don't tell me about exception, its just ignorance or you people hate progress. Why deny gates visa when he can never stay permanently in naija. You all just like to shout about whats not right. He,s done a lot for african countries so wats the fuss about him coming to naija. i repeat its senseless. Simple!

So he should be above the law?

He should not fill in the appropriate forms?

Bill Gates has suddenly become God
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by faramola: 2:13pm On Oct 11, 2007
Big B1:

Unbelievable state of mind; you sound like a house-girl.
And whats ur own state of mind? if i sound like a house girl then i think am better off coz u know u really sound like a truck pusher. Nonsense, i know u dont know what progress means coz if u did, u wont reason in an absurd way. i dont  know what stupid laws you guys are protecting when even citizens of the contry are disobeying the law.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by faramola: 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2007
JustGood:

So he should be above the law?

He should not fill in the appropriate forms?

Bill Gates has suddenly become God
Of course he has to fill the forms but its just senseless denying it first
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by JustGood(m): 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2007
faramola:

And whats your own state of mind? if i sound like a house girl then i think am better off because u know u really sound like a truck pusher. Nonsense, i know u don't know what progress means because if u did, u wont reason in an absurd way. i don't  know what stupid laws you guys are protecting when even citizens of the contry are disobeying the law.

This is not the right way to reason.

Do you see Americans inviting you to come and flout their own laws simply because Americans also flout the laws?

Why should Nigerians accept that their laws should be trodden upon and at the same time expect to progress and have the world accord them any respect?
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by JustGood(m): 2:17pm On Oct 11, 2007
faramola:

Of course he has to fill the forms but its just senseless denying it first

What should have been done when the papers were not properly filed?
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by JustGood(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2007
If you apply for anything and you have not properly filled your application, it will logically be turned down so you can fill the application properly
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by faramola: 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2007
Either u guys believe it or not, money makes the world go round even American Embassy require fat accounts so wat else does bill need to beg for. He should be respected at least. I think its because poor people hate wealth so they are always intimidated.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by faramola: 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2007
JustGood:

ok this is accepted, if thats the case.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by almondjoy(f): 2:32pm On Oct 11, 2007
JustGood:

JustGood:

If you apply for anything and you have not properly filled your application, it will logically be turned down so you can fill the application properly

Did some of you read the reason Billy the Gates was refused this Ogbonor soup of a visa at all?--  After almost 10 pages of this thread some of you like egoldman and justgood are just posting for posting sake.

It had nothing to with not filing his "application" correctly.  Please this is not a JAMB situation.  Go back and read the story provided in the link as supplied by the poster.  Educate yourselves as the last hope you villages have--don't wipe out your whole clan with ignorance! embarassed
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by BigB11(m): 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2007
Straight up from the link:

Bill Gates was recently visiting Africa, but needed a visa to travel to Nigeria. Getting a visa cannot be that much of a big deal if you are a multibillionaire, or so you would think.

The Nigerian government initially denied the Microsoft kingpin's application on the premise that they required proof he would not reside in Nigeria indefinitely, causing a strain on social services and a general nuisance for immigration. This leads us to a very pertinent question; WTF? Sure, things were OK once Bill managed to prove his economic status, but Nigerian government officials, seriously, WTF?

Well, there go my holiday plans down the pan; if Bill has problems getting access to Nigeria, I've got no chance. No, not even with a Gizmodo email account as collateral—shocking.

It makes no different; it is obvious that something relevant or required must be missing from the application, if the Nigerian government needs proof that Mr.Gate would not reside in Nigeria indefinitely.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by Mamajama(m): 6:48pm On Oct 11, 2007
There is no credibility to this useless story. Doesn't BILL GATE have affiliate businesses in Nigeria? how many times has he been to Nigerian before?

Another useless media story. Was Bill GATE not in Nigeria last year visiting with OBJ?

Rich people don't fill out application. They have personnel or assistance that is responsible for all procurements.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by almondjoy(f): 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2007
Mamajama:

There is no credibility to this useless story. Doesn't BILL GATE have affiliate businesses in Nigeria? how many times has he been to Nigerian before?
Another useless media story. Was Bill GATE not in Nigeria last year visiting with OBJ?
Rich people don't fill out application. They have personnel or assistance that is responsible for all procurements.

I wonder oh!  Thank you oh Mamajama.  I wonder why he waited till now to become an illegal resident in Nigeria is the 8th wonder of the world to me. Billy did not try to take up a Kenyan or South African illegal residence status---It is a Nigerian one he is so inclined to take since he wants to set up his own revolutionary group to overthrow the Nigerian government I believe. undecided

Sometimes, I wonder what we are up to most of the time.  Mark you the poster said he was "Initially" refused a visa?  I guess he provided enough proofs in "bribes" to the custom officials to finally grant him this almighty visa to see the "King of the Giant of Africa"!
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by delvinmaya(m): 1:00am On Oct 12, 2007
texazzpete, you really do surprise me. you actually think that by criticising the govt for all their policies is going to solve all the fucking problems with our country. All nairalanders do tell me. Do you all believe that by criticising the govt you are doing them a Big favour? if so then i tell you are all welcome to your opinions but had it been the other way round that you heard that Bill Gates bribed the immigration officers before he was granted Visa, what would you say.
faramola even if he has done so much for African countries it doesn't mean he shouldn't follow protocol.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by JustGood(m): 9:07am On Oct 12, 2007
almondjoy:

Did some of you read the reason Billy the Gates was refused this Ogbonor soup of a visa at all?-- After almost 10 pages of this thread some of you like egoldman and justgood are just posting for posting sake.

It had nothing to with not filing his "application" correctly. Please this is not a JAMB situation. Go back and read the story provided in the link as supplied by the poster. Educate yourselves as the last hope you villages have--don't wipe out your whole clan with ignorance! embarassed

One would have expected you to give the reason(s) why the initial application was sent back; seeing that you seem to know some other reason for it and you obviously consider the Nigerian visa as Ogbono soup.

You apparently want to go down the route of insults. I will respond in kind to your insults but I do not want to take away from what everyone else is currently contributing.

One problem with some Nigerians who have happened to find themselves abroad is that they ridicule EVERYTHING Nigerian; yet they will be the first to tell you how proud they are to be Nigerians. It's no wonder the country cannot move forward. There are people constantly pulling Nigeria two steps back for every step forward the country takes.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by rexfx2: 10:05am On Oct 12, 2007
All hail 9jaaaa for almost denyin Gates a visa, a pity that we are not only backward economically but also intellectualy, who ever said due process exists in nigeria? we've got d most corroupt speaker in d world, we've flaunted d most corrrupt inspector general of police, name it, when it comes 2 dishing out medals for corrupt practices, we own all d golds,
in ma honest opinion he probably got d hitch coz refused to grease d palm of whoever it is that waz in charge.
my advise:
youths we own d future of our country----we had better not fail like wole soyinka's generation.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by aparo(m): 10:09am On Oct 12, 2007
I dont believe this post sef. I think it is just another media stunt, u know, these attention junkies. But sef, no be Bill Gates company make Vista, why him come dey find Visa sef!!! Lol!
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by almondjoy(f): 7:03pm On Oct 12, 2007
JustGood:

One would have expected you to give the reason(s) why the initial application was sent back; seeing that you seem to know some other reason for it and you obviously consider the Nigerian visa as Ogbono soup.

You apparently want to go down the route of insults. I will respond in kind to your insults but I do not want to take away from what everyone else is currently contributing.

One problem with some Nigerians who have happened to find themselves abroad is that they ridicule EVERYTHING Nigerian; yet they will be the first to tell you how proud they are to be Nigerians. It's no wonder the country cannot move forward. There are people constantly pulling Nigeria two steps back for every step forward the country takes.

My dear young man?  I am very proud to be a Nigerian anyday and anytime if the global atmospheric conditions necessitate that.  However, constructive criticisms are not a bad thing--that is if you really want this our Nigeria of a concept to move at all. Instead of getting emotional like a toddler stuck at some stage of psychological fixation, why don't you just see the message being put accross here?  Please, we all know why the country cannot move forward so let's cut out the litany of kockamany excuses.  It is not because of the likes of Billy.  Please be realistic and stop this Ostrich head in the sand syndrome!

The reasons for the "initial" denial was made obvious in the link--so what else do you need?  BTW, like someone rightly pointed out--Billy had been to Nigeria before with this some "ogbonor" soup of a "slimy" visa.  So why now? undecided

Thanks for saving your "mamaputtish" laden insults where they belong.  As you can see others are doing a good job at that.  You are going to forever be in my book of "perfect gentlemen" wink  Gladly, I think there is some merit in being insulted in the "political" section of Nairaland.  Mainly because you can tell that most here have some sort of "first degree".  Other areas on Nairaland?  You just never know what you might be confronted with--a day laborer or some urban "outdoorsman" .  So I am happy to be insulted, as long as it is in the "political" section of Nairaland! kiss
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by goldenisk(f): 1:13pm On Oct 13, 2007
guy you sure se no be lie you de talk se bill gate wan come naija den no gree i no believe,if na true i even happy for am as if se i come naija den no go rush am die
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by TCUBE(m): 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2007
so? , i dont see anything wrong as long as denying him the visa was based on him not meeting the required , anything from that is just ridiculous.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 13, 2007
The mans' monetary worth is not a secret.
I guess Mr. Gates did not show them bank account statements.
Filthy corrupt officials, they wanted to see all personal bank account info. .  thieves, the lot of them.

instead make them advice the man on vaccines to take make im no go die. . them dey fool them selves
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by deor03(m): 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please when is Oprah applying for VISA or resident permit
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by almondjoy(f): 9:03pm On Oct 13, 2007
thresa8:

Bill Gates was in nigeria last year.

Gates discusses AIDS with Nigeria leader
October 8, 2006

ABUJA, Nigeria --Microsoft Corp. founder Bill Gates met President Olusegun Obasanjo this weekend for talks on fighting poverty and disease on the world's poorest continent, a senior official said Sunday.

Boston.com
Alerts Information Minister Frank Nweke said Gates arrived in Nigeria with his wife, Melinda, on Saturday and met with Obasanjo at his farm on the outskirts of the country's biggest city, Lagos.

"The visit is to hold a number of discussions on plans to manufacture cheap software in Nigeria, fight HIV/AIDS and alleviate poverty," Nweke said.

Gates' trip to Nigeria, Nweke said, was a follow-up on discussions the world's richest man had with Obasanjo at the last meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Nweke gave no further details.

With an endowment of $31.9 billion, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has granted more than $11 billion since its inception in 2000 to projects to help ease extreme poverty in more than 100 countries.

Forbes magazine ranks Gates as the world's richest man, worth an estimated $53 billion.

I guess the "bribery" was adequate then.  Unfortunately for Billy, he did not compensate for the "inflationary" crisis in Nigeria hence his visa was "initially" denied.  I guess he straightened that out and all is now well. tongue

Hungry riff raffs!

deor03:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please when is Oprah applying for VISA or resident permit

I think she opted for South Africa!  Thank God--She would have been taken hostage by the national "MILITIAS"! in Nigeria wink
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by ulohomuno: 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2007
at times i am really surprise about the way we behave in this country. is it inferiority or years of neglect by our leaders that have erode our national pride.

bill gate did not fill his form correct and the form was return for him to fill correctly. is that not a recognitation enough? do the immigration officer have to over look due proces because it is bill gate? are you telling me that if achebe or soyinka forget to fill his visa form the us embassy will not denied them the visa? or we have not read on paper how the likes of soyinka has being embarrased at the embassies and/or airports in other countries. how is bill gate different from soyinka or achebe?

my heart bleeds when i read some people statement on this thred. it is this inferiority complex that have crept into our employment system- and even the work place. have you ever work into any company front desk with a foreigner even an india and see how they ignore you for them. i was at the airport this morning with a similar problem with a foreigner an india for that matter you need to see how they gave him attention.

Have you notice also that even in thesame office- in other to do your work, you pass a document to a co-nigeria worker to process along with a non-black ( what they called expatriate) he or she will tell you drop it i am busy, but watch how he/she will attend to the non-black. " hello mr y. how are u this morning. don't worry drop it, just give me 5 minutes i will process your document"

common we need to be proud of our self. we are not as corrupt as we believe nor the worst country on earth.

if you are not proud of your identity you are a slave to others who are proud of there identity.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by ultimos: 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2007
pls you guys stop the wahala there is nothing wrong with this country or is it any special.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by wed123(m): 12:06am On Oct 15, 2007
This story was misread.

It's Bill Gates Denies Vista for Nigeria!
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by redsun(m): 12:39am On Oct 15, 2007
Misplaced prioity.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by JustGood(m): 9:11am On Oct 15, 2007
almondjoy:

My dear young man? I am very proud to be a Nigerian anyday and anytime if the global atmospheric conditions necessitate that. However, constructive criticisms are not a bad thing--that is if you really want this our Nigeria of a concept to move at all. Instead of getting emotional like a toddler stuck at some stage of psychological fixation, why don't you just see the message being put accross here? Please, we all know why the country cannot move forward so let's cut out the litany of kockamany excuses. It is not because of the likes of Billy. Please be realistic and stop this Ostrich head in the sand syndrome!

The reasons for the "initial" denial was made obvious in the link--so what else do you need? BTW, like someone rightly pointed out--Billy had been to Nigeria before with this some "ogbonor" soup of a "slimy" visa. So why now? undecided

Thanks for saving your "mamaputtish" laden insults where they belong. As you can see others are doing a good job at that. You are going to forever be in my book of "perfect gentlemen" wink Gladly, I think there is some merit in being insulted in the "political" section of Nairaland. Mainly because you can tell that most here have some sort of "first degree". Other areas on Nairaland? You just never know what you might be confronted with--a day laborer or some urban "outdoorsman" . So I am happy to be insulted, as long as it is in the "political" section of Nairaland! kiss

Apparently your mode of operation is to insult. The way I see it is that you are a small boy and I wont therefore give you the honour of exchanging insults with you. I am very sure if you were to meet me personally, you will hesitate to throw any insult my way.

When you start reasoning, I may respond to anything you say
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by almondjoy(f): 9:32am On Oct 15, 2007
Thank you!  Just had to go read your posts and check you out.  Could not help but humour myself at the way you insult some personalities here.  Do you get personal or what?  Anyway, I am not one for "hard feelings". See you around under better circumstances we can agree on.  Back to topic please! kiss This is not a personal grudge session between you and I.  Take care.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by YangaRat: 9:59am On Oct 15, 2007
All these people when just siddon here dey repeat like parrot say Bill Gates no fill him visa form correct, so them no suppose let am enter Nigeria, all of una be comedian when just like to make person laugh by force with ya beer-parlor grammar when no get head.

Wettin dey for the visa form when una dey talk say Bill gates no write answer put ?   I sure say e nogo pass say the man no gree give Nigeria 419 wayo wuru-wuru mago-mago teef immigration big-belle officers all him account number and cash balance so that den go come go siddon for computer begin try to dey write letter to him bank to teef him money.

Na only proper village idiot when just escape come from where den tight am for bush go fit expect say the man when get money pass for the whole world, Bill Gates, go fit gree at all to come begin dey supply all him bank secret to all those hungry long-neck wettin-I-go-chop teef people when dey for Nigeria Immigration office, dey find who dem go suck him blood as den no gree face the work when gofment give them and mind den own business.

Dem suppose to SACK any bonga-head Nigeria Immigration officer when fit mistake stand up come begin dey blow lie say he no know how as Bill Gates get money reach, and how as Bill Gates dey take millions opun millions of that money come to Africa to find way as them go  try save people when malaria dey kill every day, dey take him money dey educate women when Africa man no gree educate, dey take that him money dey build hospital and school all over the world.

Bill Gates na VIP Honorable Guest wey no suppose to fill ANY yeye 419 Immigration form before dem go allow am to come take eye see how as Nigeria people dey spend all the millions of dollars when the man dey donate to save people life for Africa.   Dem suppose welcome somebody like Mr. Gates for airport with correct Africa drum music and young girls when go dance with naked breast to show am how as we love all the GOOD when this man dey do for we country.   Instead of that na so-so bad-belle dey rule.   I pity una.

All of una when still dey shout about that wayo form when Bill Gates no gree fill, I suggest say make una take that form, roll am like siga and smoke am so that una head go begin dey correct small sotay una go gree say Bill Gates no be money-miss-road mumu as una think.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 15, 2007
@Yanga Rat
and what is all these blabbing for?

i am now totally confused that you are rat grin
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by YangaRat: 10:40am On Oct 15, 2007
Mr. Socks if you no hear my broken, call ya gardener or maiguard to esprain am for you.   Na the language when I hear well-well, na him I dey use, because I no sabi blow grammar as I no go unifasty.

Monkey no fine but him mama love am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FCTA Announces Traffic Diversion In Abuja For Independence Day Parade Tomorrow / "2021 Budget Has 316 Duplicated Projects Worth N39.5bn" - BudgIT Nigeria / Kwara Leads 20 Other APC States In Development, Says Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.