Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied (11546 Views)

Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York / Buhari Orders Probe On How ISIS Leader Got Nigerian Visa / Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by raydome(m): 11:41am On Oct 15, 2007
khai_khai:

The mans' monetary worth is not a secret.
I guess Mr. Gates did not show them bank account statements.
Filthy corrupt officials, they wanted to see all personal bank account info. . thieves, the lot of them.

instead make them advice the man on vaccines to take make im no go die. . them dey fool them selves
Bro i agree with you and all those that dont take is news as a plus. We could allow charles Taylor of no ecomic value. We sent the establishment of DSTV away to southern Africa, (well thank God its there if not Power would have faustrated them here) Things that will benefit us directly are always rejected are we caused?
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by dudubobo1: 11:42am On Oct 15, 2007
yanga,

Na money dem dey take grant visa? I know sabi say dem write am say if you get money, we go give you visa to Nigeria.
abeg make you enlighten me small
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by almondjoy(f): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2007
Can someone officially certify this thread dead please? cry
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 15, 2007
almondjoy:

Can someone officially certify this thread dead please? cry
and i declare it "CASE CLOSED"
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by DoubleN(m): 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2007
Make them leave am let him come and see what our boys are doing with his software,he will be forced to set up a factory in Naija!
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by Seun(m): 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2007
He already knows and he doesn't particularly care. He doesn't want us to migrate to Linux. wink
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by omoge(f): 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2007
All na shakara on Nigerian part. The usual 'I go show you pepper'

maybe someone who was denied visa to oyinbo country was on duty the day Bill Gate applied grin.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by YangaRat: 7:55am On Oct 17, 2007
dudu-bobo:

yanga,

Na money them dey take grant visa? I know sabi say them write am say if you get money, we go give you visa to Nigeria.
abeg make you enlighten me small

Sank you, Dudu, na good question you ask so, and e show say ya brain dey work like wrist watch.

You see, the reason why I dey talk say Bill Gates no suppose to fill any yeye immigration form, come dey expose him bank information, be say THE WHOLE WORLD know already say the man get money surplus yakataaa to visit any country when he like, so if den dey ask other people wey den no know before to supply them bank account number, them no suppose ask that kind stupid mumu question from the man when get money boku pass for this world.

And the reason why Bill Gates no suppose to even need visa to visit Nigeria be say the man don take him money do wettin so many gofment sef no fit do at all. He dey take him money to fund research how we pikin nogo dey die for malaria again, dey take that money to fund health clinic and school for Africa women wey dem own gofment don forget them, dey take that money supply free computer to many Africa school so that we pikin go open eye learn how to use that computer machine to do better thing for this life.

You see, Dudu, my brother, this man Bill Gates been dey perform miracle without yanga and noise, and for my own mind that one don qualify am as HONORARY NIGERIA and AFRICA CITIZEN wey we suppose welcome with open arms, drum and dance any time when the man decide say he get small chance to come take eye see some of the country where he dey do all this wonderful good deed wey our pikin dem pikin sef nogo forget forever anever.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by denex: 9:05am On Oct 17, 2007
See, these guys have done the right thing. You can't just say "I'm Bill Clinton or Bill Gates, stamp my passport." This is what Nigeria has been accused of severally. Subverting procedure and due process. And now, people are getting angry because we refuse to continue that way or because they find out it's not really as bad as they assume.

The immigration service was just observing protocol and I'm sure they didn't consider any bias in handling this case. They were not intentionally trying to spite mr Gates. In fact, I doubt if they knew exactly who he was. So this is definitely not a plot to embarrass Bill Gates.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by YangaRat: 9:43am On Oct 17, 2007
Oga Denex, make I tell you say na ALL gofment get power to admit VIP people WITHOUT any delay for immigration matter, so far the person when dey visit done invest heavy money for the country wey he want enter, take am do betta for poor people there.

Do you know say during the time when MKO Abiola dey alive, any time when the man land for New York, na SPECIAL EXPRESS AIRPORT VIP ENTRANCE when no get comma, na him them go say make the man pass go outside to enter him limosine, and na him personal assistant go carry MKO passport give US immigration to stamp quick-quick and salute MKO say "Welcome Sir".

If America fit treat MKO with a such kind special respect because of the small cash donation when he dey dash them for black education in Atlanta , then wettin dey cause all this bad-belle against Bill Gates for Nigeria here ? Who go fit talk say he no know say Bill Gates done do many-many good thing when pass MKO record more than thousand times over ? That is why I go shout and repeat am again say any country when don enjoy the man money suppose to respect am and welcome am like for where foreign president don land for airport.

Man pass man, and Bill Gates don pass ordinary person wey immigration go dey delay am for airport over ordinary paper matter.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by raydome(m): 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2007
Yanga Rat:

Oga Denex, make I tell you say na ALL gofment get power to admit VIP people WITHOUT any delay for immigration matter, so far the person when dey visit done invest heavy money for the country wey he want enter, take am do betta for poor people there.

Do you know say during the time when MKO Abiola dey alive, any time when the man land for New York, na SPECIAL EXPRESS AIRPORT VIP ENTRANCE when no get comma, na him them go say make the man pass go outside to enter him limosine, and na him personal assistant go carry MKO passport give US immigration to stamp quick-quick and salute MKO say "Welcome Sir".

If America fit treat MKO with a such kind special respect because of the small cash donation when he dey dash them for black education in Atlanta , then wettin dey cause all this bad-belle against Bill Gates for Nigeria here ? Who go fit talk say he no know say Bill Gates done do many-many good thing when pass MKO record more than thousand times over ? That is why I go shout and repeat am again say any country when don enjoy the man money suppose to respect am and welcome am like for where foreign president don land for airport.

Man pass man, and Bill Gates don pass ordinary person wey immigration go dey delay am for airport over ordinary paper matter.
Good talk my brother, i wish the main poeple go hear watin we dey talk here
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by denex: 6:41pm On Oct 17, 2007
@Yanga Rat

That is the corruption, favouritism, bias and lack of equality practised in Europe and America.

Nigeria has decided to do things in an egalitarian manner. What's wrong with that? Only those with diplomatic passports can enjoy some leverage. Everybody else, join line!
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by nazzyon(m): 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2007
I pray we continue to excel in our deeds.

I noticed today that inflation has dropped by 4.2%

What I am yet to understand is that, why is it that if Nigeria takes action on what might have been over looked for long other countries are always against it?
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by seun001(m): 7:19am On Oct 18, 2007
nazzyon:

I pray we continue to excel in our deeds.

I noticed today that inflation has dropped by 4.2%

What I am yet to understand is that, why is it that if Nigeria takes action on what might have been over looked for long other countries are always against it?

wots the source of ur info?
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by princejay: 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2007
Its always amusing to read the opinions of Nairaland contributors on a variety of issues. For this particular one, these are the facts as I understand them:

[list]
[li]One of the requirements for gaining entry into Nigeria (and many other countries) is that you provide proof that you can afford to support yourself if and when you visit the country in question.[/li]
[li]An American citizen (never mind the fact his name is Bill Gates) expressed interest in visiting Nigeria.[/li]
[li]Nigerian Immigration officials requested, in line with the law, that he provide proof that he would be able to support himself while in Nigeria.[/li]
[li]The American citizen provided a letter from his bank stating that he had more than sufficient means at his disposal to support himself if he ever decided to visit Nigeria.[/li]
[li]The American citizen was granted the visa.[/li]
[/list]

The pertinent questions here are:

[list]
[li]Did the American citizen do anything unusual, or out of order?[/li]
[li]Are Nigerian Immigration officials under instructions to grant exemptions or waivers based on face-recognition?[/li]
[li]Would it not have been more sensational, if Mr. Gates had been given access to the country without due process, and then some newspaper or tabloid turns round to say, "You see, Nigerians are corrupt. These officials must have taken a bribe from Mr. Gates"[/li]
[li]Is Bill Gates too rich to be asked to provide a letter from his bank, where such letters are usually demanded from lesser mortals?[/li]
[/list]

If I were Bill Gates banker, I would write such a letter and courier it to him by private jet wherever he wants it sent on the planet. It would be a small price to pay for the privilege of managing his money.

If getting this letter for Nigerian Immigration was not a problem, and he was never at anytime at denied entry, then what is the whole hoopla about?
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by seun001(m): 7:44am On Oct 22, 2007
princejay:

Its always amusing to read the opinions of Nairaland contributors on a variety of issues. For this particular one, these are the facts as I understand them:

[list]
[li]One of the requirements for gaining entry into Nigeria (and many other countries) is that you provide proof that you can afford to support yourself if and when you visit the country in question.[/li]
[li]An American citizen (never mind the fact his name is Bill Gates) expressed interest in visiting Nigeria.[/li]
[li]Nigerian Immigration officials requested, in line with the law, that he provide proof that he would be able to support himself while in Nigeria.[/li]
[li]The American citizen provided a letter from his bank stating that he had more than sufficient means at his disposal to support himself if he ever decided to visit Nigeria.[/li]
[li]The American citizen was granted the visa.[/li]
[/list]

The pertinent questions here are:

[list]
[li]Did the American citizen do anything unusual, or out of order?[/li]
[li]Are Nigerian Immigration officials under instructions to grant exemptions or waivers based on face-recognition?[/li]
[li]Would it not have been more sensational, if Mr. Gates had been given access to the country without due process, and then some newspaper or tabloid turns round to say, "You see, Nigerians are corrupt. These officials must have taken a bribe from Mr. Gates"[/li]
[li]Is Bill Gates too rich to be asked to provide a letter from his bank, where such letters are usually demanded from lesser mortals?[/li]
[/list]

If I were Bill Gates banker, I would write such a letter and courier it to him by private jet wherever he wants it sent on the planet. It would be a small price to pay for the privilege of managing his money.

If getting this letter for Nigerian Immigration was not a problem, and he was never at anytime at denied entry, then what is the whole hoopla about?

tell them ooooo!
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by YangaRat: 9:21am On Oct 22, 2007
E be like say fake Aba-made Seun come dey now, together with the real original Seun wey be our Oga Pata-pata for Nairaland.

Seun001, as e be say you be fake Seun, me I nogo commot my cap to answer ya Big Grammar Lawyer question say whether Bill Gates suppose to leak all him bank secret to Nigeria immigration cunny people before den go gree am come visit Nigeria.

And the only answer be say NO SIR, Bill Gates no suppose to answer a such kind mumu question about him bank balance before he go fit come visit Nigeria.  The heavy-heavy money when the man don spend for Nigeria to helep poor people when dem own gofment don forget, na HIM be the whole visa when the man need- chikena.

If you still dey there dey ask whether  Bill Gates get money or he no get, make you first go ask fish whether he sabi swim, or make you go check whether dog get 4 leg, or whether na from up rain been dey fall.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by seun001(m): 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2007
@yanga woteva

suppose u didnt care to read the posts b4 rushing to post.
so pls farabale,read,think then post hmmmm! embarassed
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by davedesire(m): 8:57am On Oct 23, 2007
Bill gates refused or denied entry to Nigeria, haba, that is serious and I really don't know why our immigration officers would want to do that to one of the world's richest man. Anyways, I guess we all should realise that money is not everything.

But come to think of it, are we sure this is for real or someone is trying to pull our legs out. Please be serious for ones.
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by Ovamboland(m): 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2008
Mr Gates must have failed to grease the appropriate hands or the officials consider the grease not thick enough grin considering his world reknown finacial standing.

If you drive on Lagos roads, you won't fail to notice how our 'eagle eyed' shocked law enforcement officials scout for juicy looking motorists
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by ayomifull(f): 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2008
Bill Gate Almost Denied Visa Into Nigeria!

Bill Gate the worlds second richest man was almost denied visa entry into our very own Naija.  Wow I love news like this, makes me proud.
He was denied by the officials because they weren't sure if he would leave the country when he is done hence causing a DRAIN ON PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE!!

lmao. Public infrastructure dey for 9ja?
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by MethodMan3(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2008
BIG DEAL!

I am sure they just want to make a big story out of this by delibrately refusing him grin

It is some media stunt i am sure!
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by ladi02(m): 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2008
i just heard about it, this is the joke of the year
i wonder who the Nigerian Immigration now issues visas to,
na waoo, if they continue at this rate, na us all go suffer am o!
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by LitenCee(m): 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2008
Can some one tell me why our people cherish self -delusion more than their necessary food why do Nigerians love vanity so much?
Re: Bill Gates' Application For Nigerian Visa Was Initially Denied by ilawyer: 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2011
Bill Gate the worlds second richest man was almost denied[/color] visa entry into our very own Naija. Wow I love news like this, makes me proud.
He was denied[color=#006600]
by the officials because they weren't sure if he would leave the country when he is done hence causing a drain on public infrastructure!!

Lol stupid thread!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kano Road, Kaduna State Polling Unit Result. / The Evil Called Radio Biafra, By Chukwuemerie Uduchukwu / Uguru Usani Was Indicted For Fraud In Cross River (Documents Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.