Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise (3785 Views)

Resign Now, Labour Unions Tell Saraki / Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International / NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by Mogidi: 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2012
They are said to be disposed to phased deregulation.

Thats all we want to hear. Enough of Tinubu family gorging on our oil. I fervently hope Tinubu family (the whole lot) chokes on our oil.
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by muyoto: 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2012
the wait continues. . .
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by Demdem(m): 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2012
deadlocked for now !!!!!
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2012
NLC the last bastion of the common man

the real protectors of the people, unlike the shoeless dunce who has sold us out to his cabal
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by jmaine: 10:16pm On Jan 12, 2012
Courtesy Reuters: cool

Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by Odunnu: 10:18pm On Jan 12, 2012
Demdem:

deadlocked for now !!!!!
Hopefully, the 10am meeting 2mro would yield something positive
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by blacksta(m): 10:26pm On Jan 12, 2012
Beaf . Another one of your predictions where you miss it by a mile.  

Fa fa foul
Revolution continues
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by jmaine: 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
Lol at revolution cheesy . . .
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by blacksta(m): 10:29pm On Jan 12, 2012
jmaine:

Lol at revolution cheesy . . .

Wetin else we go call am
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by muyoto: 10:30pm On Jan 12, 2012
so strike continues. . . sad
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by Beaf: 10:31pm On Jan 12, 2012
blacksta:

Beaf . Another one of your predictions where you miss it by a mile.  

Fa fa foul
Revolution continues

What do you think will happen in the long run? Lol!
I believe NLC will largely be absent from the streets tomorrow and una go begin waka go haus. Nigeria must progress, regardless of those who think they can foolishly demonstrate for backwardness and the continuation of a sickenly corrupt framework (reminds me of boko haram).
Aluta! grin
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by dustydee: 11:06pm On Jan 12, 2012
Beaf my friend just told me transport fare in Abuja to and from work will cost her N60000 per month, how will she raise that amount? is that not an invitation to steal?
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by Beaf: 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2012
dustydee:

Beaf my friend just told me transport fare in Abuja to and from work will cost her N60000 per month, how will she raise that amount? is that not an invitation to steal?

We must press the govt to pump much more money into transportation than they are suggestiong with SURE. Also, it would be great if govt enforces transport fares by flooding the market with their own vehicles or fixing the zero interest loans to transport fare agreements.

It is difficult and painful in the short term, but would pan out better for all of us in the end.

That said, I feel for your friend and every other Nigerian facing difficulty.
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by Kobojunkie: 7:14am On Jan 13, 2012
Am I to believe that, once again, rather than negotiating with ALL groups out there that comprise the Nigerian people, the Government has instead chosen to only negotiate this with the NLC?

If this is the case, then it is in the interest of every single Nigerian out there to inundate NLC with their requests and to demand the group make no groups with the Government that the people, as a majority, do not agree on.  ASUU, Market women's unions, Trade Associations, Professional Groups, etc, all ought to be at that negotiations table and all ought to be able to equally vote, since they are also groups that represent, to a degree, the Nigerian people.
I am not certain exactly when NLC became the only voice of Nigerians and it would it be sad if the Government has chosen to see it that way.
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by Orikinla(m): 7:55am On Jan 13, 2012
Oil Subsidy on Petrol is an advanced fee fraud of the corrupt Nigerian Government and the oil marketers owned by political contractors and their partners in crime in the private sector. See details on https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=844955.0;wap2
Re: FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise by iswell1(m): 9:52am On Jan 13, 2012
NLC after miss leading people they come to compromise

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Them OOO!! See The 10 Most Influencial Politicians In Nigeria. / PMB Embarrasses Nigerians Again / A Northerner's Emotional Facebook Message To Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.