Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:01 AM

Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? (43044 Views)

Here's The Real Reason Men Like Big Butts / I Think Black American Men Are The Hottest Black Men And Men In The World! / Why Do I See Black American Men With Fat White Women So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by onila(f): 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2012
most of my African friends have noticed this

because i remembered one day a guy from barbados came up to talk me. he was friendly and all but once he asked me where am I from

and  I said African. .He felt uncomfortable and walked away
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by freed(m): 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2012
bcoz dey r too demanding, as 4 me, notin go make me marry black girl 4 dis life (all white everything)

1 Like

Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by onila(f): 12:23am On Jan 15, 2012
angry
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by tpia5: 12:36am On Jan 15, 2012
cultural differences.

i think its more a question of african girls dating mostly white or african men only.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by MrsChima1(f): 12:40am On Jan 15, 2012
If African girls are only dating other African boys then it is definitely cultural reasons, but if they are dating non-African men then it isn't cultural reasons.

Black American and Carribean men do and are dating African girls. Do not let the media tell you otherwise.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 15, 2012
There are Caribbean and AA men who date African women but those men are typically those who are into African culture or live/study among Africans. Obviously the reverse (AA/Caribbean women + African men) relationships are more common however it does happen.

Estelle - Grenadan and Senegalese

Singer Estelle from the UK has a mother who is from Senegal and father from Grenada. Another girl I personally know has a Cameroonian mother (obviously Anglophone) and father is Jamaican-British. My cousin's (who is Jamaican and American) deceased ex-husband (who was AA) eventually married and fathered a child with an African girl  kiss. I know of a woman from Sierra Leone who has a "baby daddy" from Trinidad. . .

So it happens. It's just there are unfortunately negative stereotypes about African women in the west (and vice versa), plus African women typically date (white or) African men as it is what they are used to. Men in general are more into exploring and "sampling" than women. tongue
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Ilamina(f): 1:16am On Jan 15, 2012
its rare

but a well educated, less ignorant Carribean/AA man wont mind dating an African Lady. I have been apporached by really nice,handsome, elegant and well-spoken Carribean men. Its the low life, ignorant black men that act like that, eww you African!

I have seen many Jamaican men dating African girls dont know abt marriage. Actually my aunty in the UK married a Jamaican but unfortunately she broke up with him after he chased ard their neighbourhood with a knife/dagger  lipsrsealed grin

the woman ran for her life, the man cld have killed her

1 Like

Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by tpia5: 1:20am On Jan 15, 2012
^^hmm

I have seen many Jamaican men dating African girls dont know abt marriage

cultural differences, like i mentioned before.

most traditional african girls are brought up to expect a relationship will lead to marriage at some point in time.

a lot of AA and carribean males dont see things the same way.

i think some african girls do have AA and carribean baby fathers though.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Ilamina(f): 1:27am On Jan 15, 2012
tpia@:

^^hmm

cultural differences, like i mentioned before.

most traditional african girls are brought up to expect a relationship will lead to marriage at some point in time.

a lot of AA and carribean males dont see things the same way.

i think some african girls do have AA and carribean baby fathers though.

very true
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 15, 2012
black american men wise jorr.why dem go wan date wan wowor african girl with tribal marks and agbero attitude wen there are lot of classy snow white queens cheesy
and besides naija girls get too much wahala grin

1 Like

Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 1:31am On Jan 15, 2012
see snapping turtle running her mouth. never met an AA or Caribbean person in her life.

when we talk about other cultures let's ACTUALLY KNOW what we are talking about first.  wink
instead of getting EMO, keep it real. There are Caribbean AND AA men who are all about marriage and family oriented and African men who RUN from marriage and responsibilities. . .

[CASE IN POINT: LEFULEFU.  tongue]

Just as you are stereotyped, so are we (caribbean/american women).
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Ilamina(f): 1:36am On Jan 15, 2012
Nigerian (lady) and African American man

lovely wedding

he is now officially a Nigerian Man now!! lol

Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 1:36am On Jan 15, 2012
^^ok, NOW we are talking.

beautiful piks. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by tpia5: 1:42am On Jan 15, 2012
is that laide's parents frowning in the background.

yoruba peeps and their pikins daughters sha. cheesy na so dem go wear long face if they dont approve of the child's spouse.

Could also be the parents are separated though.

anyway, beautiful couple and beautiful pictures but why didnt a pretty girl like that, marry a fellow nigerian.

just wondering, no offence.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 15, 2012
Hmmm now I see that it's no wonder.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 1:46am On Jan 15, 2012
just look as the girl parents dey frown their face for the picture background grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
e be like say no be dis guy the parents be want make their dauther marry grin grin
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Ilamina(f): 1:49am On Jan 15, 2012
shes lucky eh? she found a handsome, educated, open minded African American man. See him rocking His Yoruba attire tongue

I love to see African and Blacks in diaspora wedding bcus u hardly see them

Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 15, 2012
hmmmm. . .
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Ilamina(f): 1:55am On Jan 15, 2012
I cant find the picture where she jumped the broom after the vows (African American culture)

it was so nice
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 15, 2012
This's not true. I tend to attract Caribbean men (a lot) and they know I'm African or I tell them when asked. I think many are able to look past whatever negative things they've heard about "africans" and won't judge nor generalize. One of my siblings is going out with a Jamaican, but he was with a Ghanian before. At the end of the day, if you're truly interested in someone, you know it's what's inside that counts.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by MrsChima1(f): 2:26am On Jan 15, 2012
Ilamina:

I cant find the picture where she jumped the broom after the vows (African American culture)

it was so nice

Actually jumping the broom isn't Black American culture. It was derived from Jewish traditional marriage with the stomping of the glass.

I have been to many Black American weddings, where no broom jumping occur but it is lovely to see because it supposed to symbolizes new chapter in life.

As much hype the media plays the black man/white women phenomen, many Black men/Black women marriages are occurring in great numbers but people focuses on the negative aspect of black relationships so the media feeds off of it hence ignorant comments such as not too many Black Americans are into marriage these days.

You are right when you said some Americans have negative perception of Africans in general, i.e. the guy saying "Eew, you African". It has a lot to do with not being exposed to Africans who are willing to teach and share their culture and not having the experience in an African country.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 2:27am On Jan 15, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Actually jumping the broom isn't Black American culture.  It was derived from Jewish traditional marriage with the stomping of the glass. 

I have been to many Black American weddings, where no broom jumping occur but it is lovely to see because it supposed to symbolizes new chapter in life. 

As much hype the media plays the black man/white women phenomen, many Black men/Black women marriages are occurring in great numbers but people focuses on the negative aspect of black relationships so the media feeds off of it hence ignorant comments such as not too many Black Americans are into marriage these days. 

You are right when you said some Americans have negative perception of Africans in general, i.e. the guy saying "Eew, you African".  It has a lot to do with not being exposed to Africans who are willing to teach and share their culture and not having the experience in an African country.

GBAM!!  cool cool
that is why i said the exposure counts.
when both sides are willing to share that is when it works out. kiss
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 15, 2012
Yield:

This's not true. I tend to attract Caribbean men (a lot) and they know I'm African or I tell them when asked. I think many are able to look past whatever negative things they've heard about "africans" and won't judge nor generalize. One of my siblings is going out with a Jamaican, but he was with a Ghanian before. At the end of the day, if you're truly interested in someone, you know it's what's inside that counts. 

hmmm interesting.  cheesy cheesy
In fact in jamaica a black woman who keeps her dignity and is cultured is literally called "African daughter".  smiley
Rastafarians first started that in the 70s and now it's become so embedded in the dialect. Being called that is a sign of being a virtuous woman. smiley

[random:]
Now some folks may say "well why do Jamos act like they don't like Africans" if that ^^ is true? well it depends on what u define as being "Jamo". Are you talking about some British or Canadian born twit tongue who only represents Jamaica for convenience if not ashamed of Jamaica thus calling themselves Black Britons or Canadians or are you talking about Jamaicans who actually know the Jamaican national anthem? grin Yes there are ignorant AAs and Caribbeans like there are Africans. Common sense.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by MrsChima1(f): 2:30am On Jan 15, 2012
Yield:

This's not true. I tend to attract Caribbean men (a lot) and they know I'm African or I tell them when asked. I think many are able to look past whatever negative things they've heard about "Africans" and won't judge nor generalize. One of my siblings is going out with a Jamaican, but he was with a Ghanaian before. At the end of the day, if you're truly interested in someone, you know it's what's inside that counts. 

I agree.  It is all about attraction and interest.  If someone isn't interested nor attracted to you then life does continue.  

All men that are human and alive will go after what they like and many of them are open to dating outside of their culture more so women, which why you have more men in multi-cultural relationships than women.  

If Black American and Caribbean men will date/mary White, Asian, Hispanic, Natives, Arab, and Eskimo women, how come they wouldn't date nor marry African women?   It is the false perception and information people need to stop feeding into.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 15, 2012
very beautiful wedding pictures
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by tpia5: 2:37am On Jan 15, 2012
is that second wedding also a yoruba girl?

na wa oh.

plz show other tribes nah.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by MrsChima1(f): 2:40am On Jan 15, 2012
onila:

most of my African friends have noticed this

because i remembered one day a guy from barbados came up to talk me. he was friendly and all but once he asked me where am I from

and  I said African. .He felt uncomfortable and walked away

Please know that If a black man has complex with black women period, it doesn't matter where she is from he would rather be with a non-Black person.  Many times, it has nothing to do with her being "African", it has a lot to do with what Black women are stereotyped to be in society and media.  

The guy that felt uncomfortable and walked away was ignorant has nothing to do with the fact that he is Black.  Some White, Hispanic, Asian, and Arab men feel uncomfortable with Black/African women as well.  

You remember the article, "Black women are least desired" written by an Asian author.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 15, 2012
Cousin #1 married to a white dude from Alaska

Cousin #2 married to hispanic dude from New Jersey

Niece: Married to a guy from Trinidad and Tobego.

Op you ain't got no point. Check yourself out. To me, I think you wanna marry a foreigner who doesn't want you. Just saying

2 Likes

Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 2:42am On Jan 15, 2012
^^ grin grin grin grin

LAWD!! reality!
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by MrsChima1(f): 2:43am On Jan 15, 2012
Ilamina:

Nigerian (lady) and African American man

lovely wedding

he is now officially a Nigerian Man now!! lol

Beautiful pictures and they looks good together.   wink   She married who she wanted and her family supported her.  A real family does that regardless if they are happy or not, the marriage isn't about them.   wink

1 Like

Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 15, 2012
The day I bring home an AA is the day I agree with God that I have no mother.  cheesy

My mom will personally send me to God.
grin
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Ilamina(f): 2:46am On Jan 15, 2012
this is a Nigerian man and an African American Lady kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well / Couple Uses Keke For Their Pre-wedding Pictures / 10 Things Peculiar To Nigerian Boyfriends And Girlfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.