Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside (14990 Views)

Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) / APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts / Nigerian Military Gains On Map(picture Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Rad1cal: 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
Obviously the few who were not aware of the security situation ,and so far they have been conducting themselves peacefully with the military guys keeping close watch

where are the podium mounters, they are no way to be found as usual

scared as shiet as usual

No podium = No Carnival  cool
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by mavinc4u(f): 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2012
Boyloaf:

If u guys dnt want jonathan to rule nigeria in peace, OR if a niger deltan cannot rule nigeria, pls go out and protest and let us know your mind, bcoz we are eager to go our way with our resources! Go out and protest and get killed like a new year chicken! For those of u who tort GEJ is weak! I guess u all forgot there is always a two side to a coin! Remember wat obj did to our villages? Y'all just got served!
my dear mr president is not  weak but he will be if he refuses to revert the price to N65.mr president been weak is refusing to call the names of the cabals,are the cabals spirit or human being? Does he read this post on nairaland cos am looking for where to give him an advice cos i hate noise,i believe in action and not words.no offense.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Demdem(m): 12:56pm On Jan 16, 2012
engineerd:

Its 2012, Let anyone try that and the story will be different! This is a fact.

So u think we still dey for military era eh? The police man who shot the poor boy last week still dey panti. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by stagger: 12:56pm On Jan 16, 2012
engineerd:

Its 2012, Let anyone try that and the story will be different! This is a fact.

What will be different? Do you have weapons? DO you have the expertise to deal with soldiers?

In case you forget, without NATO's help, Gaddafi would have squashed the Libyan rebels. Will you attract such sympathy from the US or any other country, seeing that GEJ is their stooge?
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by karpentar: 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
May God protect and preserve them all and may God touch the soldiers hearts as well as guide the actions of the protesters. Lagosians never relent when fighting for their rights anyway.  

Hope GEJ will understand that the issue transcends oil subsidy removal and politics. We need institutional changes and a REAL and SUSTAINED war against CORRUPTION. The 1.3trillion stolen funds in the name of subsidy in 9 months is enough to give people the courage to stand up for what is right.

You need institutional changes, war against corruption,, etc. So you stay on the streets till those changes take place? Deceivers, who are sure of their salaries no matter what and are busy confusing other people who are not so lucky.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 16, 2012
Demdem:

So u think we still dey for military era eh? The police man who shot the poor boy last week still dey panti. May his soul rest in peace.
I am saying shoot 4000 Lagosians and pay for the consequences, we live in a global village now,
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2012
stagger:

What will be different? Do you have weapons? DO you have the expertise to deal with soldiers?

In case you forget, without NATO's help, Gaddafi would have squashed the Libyan rebels. Will you attract such sympathy from the US or any other country, seeing that GEJ is their stooge?

Exactly my point. U underestimate the influence of some Nigerians that will never stand for 4000 Nigerians getting gunned down in 2012? No way, don't call my bluff. GEJ is not their stooge, The white man will use u and dump his ass in a second!
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2012
Its simple, the demands of the masses, Revert to 65 Naira and declare WAR ON CORRUPTION!
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by elewele100: 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2012
We will be protesting in solidarity with others all over the world.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by stagger: 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2012
Demdem:

What is the difference between this pseudo-democracy we have now where a government is ramming its c[i]o[/i]ck into its people's mouths and when the people are shouting in pain, is telling them to open their mouths for deeper ramming

AND

a military government that forces you to fellate its draconian policies at gunpoint?
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by bright007(f): 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2012
It happened in Libya,Egypt and others.Now is d time for Revolution in Nigeria.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
karpentar:

You need institutional changes, war against corruption,, etc. So you stay on the streets till those changes take place? Deceivers, who are sure of their salaries no matter what and are busy confusing other people who are not so lucky.

that is the precise point you are missing. there are far too many people in this country with absolutely nothing to lose. no job no guaranteed money at the end of the month. living from day to day, and the callous president who claimed he had no shoes just decided to make thei already hard lives harder.

al in his desperate bid for power, he and his 2nd lady turned petrol importation into a slush fund for pdp campaign machinery

dear God, i would love to see the cables flying out of nigeria right now. . .
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Mynd44: 1:04pm On Jan 16, 2012
The dancing has started as protesters here are bringing out drums and beating them as loudly as possible. They are trying to get the Soilders angry as we are trying to get access into the park it self. The protests are happening everywhere here as the soilders have found themselves surrounded by protesters on all sides. But we keep our distance from them sha. The soilders self dey calm. No gra gra one is even smiling
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by 989900: 1:04pm On Jan 16, 2012

These are 2 different situations. Would the Nigerian Army fight as one to defend GEJ's gov't? Even Gaddafi's army splitted right under his nose.

Do we want a civil war? No.

All we ask for is accountability and better governance.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2012
Mynd_44:

The dancing has started as protesters here are bringing out drums and beating them as loudly as possible. They are trying to get the Soilders angry as we are trying to get access into the park it self. The protests are happening everywhere here as the soilders have found themselves surrounded by protesters on all sides. But we keep our distance from them sha. The soilders self dey calm. No gra gra one is even smiling

UNITED WE STAND! THIS IS THE TIME FOR THE PROGRESSIVE NIGERIANS! MUST WE LEAD GEJ?
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by elewele100: 1:06pm On Jan 16, 2012
We will be protesting in solidarity with others all over the world.

Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by hbabe(f): 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2012
What a big shane. These same youths gathered to supported GEJ last year and it was fine BUT now they gather to state their displeasure with a policy and all hell is let loose. Why can't citizens gather to speak against a government policy in a democratic society? Why are we being rubbed of our rights to freedom of speech/ association/gathering? Why the heavy military presence? Is our democracy crumbling? Do we need military to control the same citizens who voted us into power? Is Nigeria not ripe/ready for real democracy devoid of military interference?
Such a shame!
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by stagger: 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2012
At this point, what does protesting in Ojota achieve?

Why not go and turn off the oil pumps and MAKE A BETTER IMPACT?
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by http(m): 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2012
I hope this situation will mot be like the Jews escaping Nazist killers, i remember "escape from Sobibor" Nigerian, our future is in our hands,

Keep it coming, God is with us.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Beaf: 1:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
engineerd:

I am saying shoot 4000 Lagosians and pay for the consequences, we live in a global village now,

There will be no such shootings, but if there were, the people would only die for nothing. How many were killed in the ND during Yar Adua's time? With all the UN petitions and youtube clips, what happened. The boko haram executions are also on youtube, what has happened about them?
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Demdem(m): 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2012
Mynd_44:

very good and encouraging. with time the numbers will swell. Abegii, as soon as those idiots start shooting, just paste the pictures if u can. leave the rest for us we know what to do. however, do not disobey the laws of the land.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by diamondboa(m): 1:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
I am really surprise at some peoples comment concerning the trend for discussion.If someone here is wishing these couragous men death ,then that perso should be hoping for a terrible doom this year .God is ready to show our leaders that the time as come for them to account for all the wrong thing they have all done .This includes the past leaders too .They should all be ready .This is just the beginning . cool angry angry angry
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by xwolverine: 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

There will be no such shootings, but if there were, the people would only die for nothing. How many were killed in the ND during Yar Adua's time? With all the UN petitions and youtube clips, what happened. The boko haram executions are also on youtube, what has happened about them?

you remain clueless in your biased argument. The boko haram guys were armed, on the other hand the protesters in Lagos are only exercising their rights unharmed.
If you think this is about ethnicity, keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by cap28: 1:16pm On Jan 16, 2012
the unions have betrayed the nigerian masses.

I am so proud of those courageous nigerians in Ojota who have refused to be cowed by IMF agent Goodluck Jonathan and his criminal contingent of thiefs.  

I hope that the army does what the army in Venuzuela did when they were called out to shoot the people and simply refuse to shoot.

GOODLUCK YOU ARE GOING DOWN!!!
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by aljharem(m): 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
People need to watch this video and know why nigerian are tired of the same old corrupt system

watch and learn

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAoLBCmB_Ms&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBOFGDFyz1I[/flash]
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by 989900: 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
Labour suspends strike. . .on what basis I don't really know.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by honeric01(m): 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
Strike called off.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Remii(m): 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
stagger:

At this point, what does protesting in Ojota achieve?

Why not go and turn off the oil pumps and MAKE A BETTER IMPACT?

achieved the following at least:

1. N141  to N97
2. Promise to reduce cost of governance
3. Promise to probe cabals if they exist
4. Created awareness of what people can do
5. Nigeria is under world watch now
6. Politicians should have learned to behave better now
7. Govt should now know that there promises are no longer taken without scrutiny.
8. GEJ now knows that musicians worked for their money only.
9. Nigerians now know everyone can be tribal, depending on which side divide he or she belongs.
10. There may be baby boom by Sept, 2012 in Nigeria
11. State of emergency can be declared without announcement of approval from NASS.
etc etc
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by reagand200(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2012
The strike has just been called off![color=#770077][/color]
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Mynd44: 1:21pm On Jan 16, 2012
Demdem:

very good and encouraging. with time the numbers will swell. Abegii, as soon as those idiots start shooting, just paste the pictures if u can. leave the rest for us we know what to do. however, do not disobey the laws of the land.
I will try but if it gets rough, I might not be able to take pictures I am not e jornalist and I will probably be trying to get out first.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by adex2000ng(m): 1:23pm On Jan 16, 2012
BREAKING NEWS!

The strike has just been called off by NLC PRESIDENT. , Ray power FM - source
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by hbabe(f): 1:23pm On Jan 16, 2012
NLC has called off the strike.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Members Of Edo Post Primary Education Board Resign / APC Governors Rally Round Buni-Led Caretaker Team As 2023 Hots Up / NITDA Bill Threatens Tech Startups In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.