Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside (14989 Views)

Kaduna Beggars Defy Government Orders, Return To Streets(PICTURE) / APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts / Nigerian Military Gains On Map(picture Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by honeric01(m): 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2012
labor has lost its relevance in the history of nigeria. no more no less, most nigerians won't respect them again.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by karpentar: 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2012
that is the precise point you are missing. there are far too many people in this country with absolutely nothing to lose. no job no guaranteed money at the end of the month. living from day to day, and the callous president who claimed he had no shoes just decided to make thei already hard lives harder.

al in his desperate bid for power, he and his 2nd lady turned petrol importation into a slush fund for pdp campaign machinery

dear God, i would love to see the cables flying out of nigeria right now. . .

It's easy to wake up now and start occupying Nigeria, just because, GEJ is not from the normal ruling class? There were no governments as corrupt as obj government and that of Ibb. Where did you occupy then. I am not saying we should continue to be docile, but this current president is less than half in its tenure and should be supported to execute his economic policy. Staying on the streets solves nothing except there is a hidden agenda.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by maxani: 1:25pm On Jan 16, 2012
@reagand200   source, please?
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Beaf: 1:26pm On Jan 16, 2012
Labour has called of its strike, so Ojota peeps can now go home.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Remii(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
honeric01:

labor has lost its relevance in the history of nigeria. no more no less, most nigerians won't respect them again.

labour can never loose relevance, they remain the only group recognized to negotiate for registered employees in Nigeria. they are protected by ILO, calling off strike is not a cowardice approach, How many people can even face their managers to demand any right, not to talk of facing the President of a country.
The aim of the strike was not to bring the govt down, and I can say this strike achieved a lot. We will see in 6 months time. At least we now have some promises to take govt on if promises are not met.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Mynd44: 1:34pm On Jan 16, 2012
I almost got myself beaten for saying the strike is over
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by stagger: 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
Where is this happening please?

Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by mavinc4u(f): 1:44pm On Jan 16, 2012
Mynd_44:

I almost got myself beaten for saying the strike is over
my dear you better leave that place before is too late.labour has done their own but God will do his own.was labour agreement with people to negotiate or to bring the price to N65.that was why the easterns never joined the strike cos they knew what will happen at the end.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by xwolverine: 1:44pm On Jan 16, 2012
Remii:

labour can never loose relevance, they remain the only group recognized to negotiate for registered employees in Nigeria. they are protected by ILO, calling off strike is not a cowardice approach, How many people can even face their managers to demand any right, not to talk of facing the President of a country.
The aim of the strike was not to bring the govt down, and I can say this strike achieved a lot. We will see in 6 months time. At least we now have some promises to take govt on if promises are not met.

^^
whatever helps you sleep at night.

GEJ won the fight, simples.

next topic please.

Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 16, 2012
xwolverine:

^^

next topic please.

IF NIGERIA REMAINS INTACT, FOR SURE THE PRESIDENCY WILL NEVER GO TO THE EAST!
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by kheart(m): 1:48pm On Jan 16, 2012
97 naira is too much why not 80 or 85 naira. Keep it up lagosians, kd ple got ur back.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Remii(m): 2:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
xwolverine:

^^

next topic please.

This is a no victor no vanquished situation. read GEJ speech again, he would have won, if the strike called of without any govt concession, wake up man. Even Labour would not expect govt not to negotiate. Each sides conceded substantially. Aim of strike was not to bring Govt down, get it ooo.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by xwolverine: 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2012
Remii:

This is a no victor no vanquished situation. read GEJ speech again, he would have won, if the strike called of without any govt concession, wake up man. Even Labour would not expect govt not to negotiate. Each sides conceded substantially. Aim of strike was not to bring Govt down, get it ooo.
engineerd:

Is it a curse to be black? is it a curse to be a Nigerian? these were my thoughts whenever I am going to work and see how things work over here. Security on point, transportation efficiently managed, but back home in Nigeria, the opposite is the case. I even get angry nowadays when I see the trains getting to the platform at their exact time, not a minute early or a minute late. Why cant we make things right in Nigeria? why?

Some people think its about the ethnicity or religious affiliation? No its not, its the non accountability of the political class to the populace. It the level of corruption in the country and some political jobbers shouting on the roof tops, supporting their paymasters, venting fire and brimstones if the people dare to demand for accountability. The irony of it is the fact that even if Nigeria splits, the ruling class in the new regions, will still continue to oppress their subjects. Ask the Bayelsa guys about their chiefs and elders,  who are supposed to fight for their rights, ask them.

I had hopes that the mass protests and strike would make Nigeria a better place. I thought at long last we would have good governance, I also hoped that I would be proud of being a Nigerian and encourage my children to go back home to their fatherland. I weep for the future of the nation, although that's what you get for voting with sentiments.

I was a patriotic Nigerian, but now, Nigerians are on their own.  cry cry

GOD save the Queen.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by muami(m): 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2012
What nonsense? The owners of the oil say they support the removal of subsidy and the parasites are protesting. Any person or group of persons that attempts to undermine the authority of the FGN should be decisively dealt with. State of emergency should be declared where neccessary and soldiers should be given a shoot at sight order. Enough is enough!
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by maclatunji: 2:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
xwolverine:

^^

[b]GEJ won the fight, simples.[/b]next topic please.

How does government officials having access to more money to steal make our lives better?

xwolverine:

Is it a curse to be black? is it a curse to be a Nigerian? these were my thoughts whenever I am going to work and see how things work over here. Security on point, transportation efficiently managed, but back home in Nigeria, the opposite is the case. I even get angry nowadays when I see the trains getting to the platform at their exact time, not a minute early or a minute late. Why cant we make things right in Nigeria? why?

Some people think its about the ethnicity or religious affiliation? No its not, its the non accountability of the political class to the populace. It the level of corruption in the country and some political jobbers shouting on the roof tops, supporting their paymasters, venting fire and brimstones if the people dare to demand for accountability. The irony of it is the fact that even if Nigeria splits, the ruling class in the new regions, will still continue to oppress their subjects. Ask the Bayelsa guys about their chiefs and elders, who are supposed to fight for their rights, ask them.

I had hopes that the mass protests and strike would make Nigeria a better place. I thought at long last we would have good governance, I also hoped that I would be proud of being a Nigerian and encourage my children to go back home to their fatherland. I weep for the future of the nation, although that's what you get for voting with sentiments.

I was a patriotic Nigerian, but now, Nigerians are on their own. cry cry

GOD save the Queen.

I will modify my first comment but you must be joking if you thought the process would end so quickly. It has only started!
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by xwolverine: 2:12pm On Jan 16, 2012
maclatunji:

The fight to destroy Nigeria's economy, impoverish its people and service the corrupt few? You must be high on ignorance! Typical arrogantly ignorant individual- how does government officials having access to more money to steal make our lives better?

Have u bothered to read my previous comments on this issue?

Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by maclatunji: 2:15pm On Jan 16, 2012
xwolverine:

Have u bothered to read my previous comments on this issue?

Nigeria is doomed.

Sorry grin. But stop being so pessimistic. I was telling some young "revolutionaries" that I was not so keen on the efficacy of the protests because it is a means to an end- not an end by itself. You should see it in that light!
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
muami:

What nonsense? The owners of the oil say they support the removal of subsidy and the parasites are protesting. Any person or group of persons that attempts to undermine the authority of the FGN should be decisively dealt with. State of emergency should be declared where neccessary and soldiers should be given a shoot at sight order. Enough is enough!

Who cares about your oil ? How much does lagos filled with non-yorubas get monthly from the federation account ? Lagos with over 15 million people gets 10 billion which is not up to half what it generates in a month while Akwa ibom will 45 billion.so tell me how a paltry 10 billion will make any difference in lagos ?
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by muami(m): 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Who cares about your oil ? How much does lagos filled with non-yorubas get monthly from the federation account ? Lagos with over 15 million people gets 10 billion which is not up to half what it generates in a month while Akwa ibom will 45 billion.so tell me how a paltry 10 billion will make any difference in lagos ?
If Lagos state have 15million people and are relying on the FG to help them feed them, then they should wait untill eternity!
London has more people in the UK but they use it as a strength and not a weakness. If Fashola/ACN cannot devise a taxation system to would maximise the numerical strenght that they have, they have no business being in govt
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2012
muami:

If Lagos state have 15million people and are relying on the FG to help them feed them, then they should wait untill eternity!
London has more people in the UK but they use it as a strength and not a weakness. If Fashola/ACN cannot devise a taxation system to would maximise the numerical strenght that they have, they have no business being in govt

How much tax does fashola collect when the FG claims the biggest portion or are expecting fashola to confront the FG on taxaion when there is no true federalism in the system ?
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by nku5: 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2012
I love lagos! If in some fantasy lagos were to secede from nigeria, i would apply for citizenship. Lagos has spirit,it (not abuja) is the soul of nigeria.

God bless this state
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Fhemmmy: 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2012
Waoh . . . People really mean business oh
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by BlackPikiN(m): 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2012
engineerd:

The east dont need your presidency.
You are dark in your soul and a demon.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by supereagle(m): 4:13pm On Jan 16, 2012
No combined army in the whole world can stop an idea whose time has come.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by executinal(m): 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2012
Folks go back to work protest is over. Is only lazy folks that is still waiting on the street.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Jakumo(m): 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
Too bad I couldn't have been there to confront those soldiers.

I just bought an updated 2012 bullet-proof Juju talisman, and I would have loved to field-test it while getting shot at by those troops, which I would have encouraged through loudly talking about their momma, while Bogarting my way past their positions in the street.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2012
I hope they stand oo. Cause Corruption in this country has to be brought to an end someday and today is just as good as any other day to ensure it does.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by karlmax2: 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2012
Jakumo:
Too bad I couldn't have been there to confront those soldiers. 

I just bought an updated 2012 bullet-proof Juju talisman, and I would have loved to field-test it while getting shot at by those troops, which I would have encouraged through loudly talking about their momma, while Bogarting my way past their positions in the street.

Look W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ∂eƔ the soldiers hand Ʊ think say na dane gun wey opc ∂eƔ carry?
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by jonc20: 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by VUVUZELA10: 6:39pm On Jan 16, 2012
Lagos people well done. Now that bribe money collected NLC and TUC has been exposed, the slaphappy "Labour leaders" have voluntarily retired into oblivion.
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by OmoTier1(m): 7:24pm On Jan 16, 2012
Since SS and SE claim they have oil, maybe it is time to send them home from Lagos, Benin and much of the North
Re: Protesters Defy Soilders At Ojota Picture Inside by VUVUZELA10: 7:30pm On Jan 16, 2012
Lagos people well done. Now that bribe money collected by NLC and TUC has been exposed, the slaphappy "Labour leaders" have voluntarily retired into oblivion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benue/Ebonyi: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Border Crisis / NITDA Bill Threatens Tech Startups In Nigeria / Supporters Storm Orji Kalu's Abia Residence, Reaffirm Support For Him, APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.