Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December (10861 Views)

Saraki Rocks Made In Aba Attire, Cruises Nigerian Made Jeep (PHOTOS) / LASTMA Officials And Bus Driver Battle It Out In Lagos Traffic. Photos / Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 9:33am On Oct 17, 2007
hahahahahahaha
grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 9:39am On Oct 17, 2007
nwando:

Is that mean't to be funny? shocked

i tender my apology
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Jen33(m): 10:14pm On Oct 23, 2007
ESU said:

If you call the car Nigerian car ( BTW, Igbo is still part of Nigeria) will that make the haters buy it? Natural haters will still ask who the owners of the company are. If they see only Okoro names on the board list, will they buy the car, even if the factory is located in Zungeru?

Then get some non-Igbo industrialists on the board. Make it inclusive. You know the mentality of the people. Work by it, rather than seeing it as an impediment. If anything, you'll sell more vehicles. You'll gain a wider market.

You could go further and name the different brands of your cars after different regions of the nation.

There is a social aspect to development as well that needs to be recognised by the would-be Nigerian innovator of whatever ethnic shade.

It is a laudable project, and even more impressive in my view is the innovation of ethanol based, bio-degradable fuel by PRODA to run the engine. THAT would be a real revolution.

If the CIA, Mossad, and other dark foreign interests will allow them, they could easily compete globally in green friendly markets within the next decade.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by wendymanda: 1:01am On Nov 25, 2007
I think they should also try using hydrogen for fuel. It's so sad that people hate Igbos because they strive to upgrade teh country.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by peteroby(m): 5:54pm On May 20, 2008
i dey very happy say i be igbo man,the company too is located right in my village.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by romeo(m): 6:07pm On May 20, 2008
They should build a website first before building their jeep wink
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by winnteam(m): 7:40pm On May 20, 2008
WOW! A NIGERIAN CAR!! cheesy

This will be a fulfillment of a life long dream for me.
Ever since I was a child I have wondered why we do not have Nigerian made vehicles.

During on of my Dad's visits to India in the 80's he returned with wonderful shoes, clothes, perfumes and all sorts proudly made in India then. Recently we read that TATA had bought over British owned ROVER.

This feat was achieved through years of "falling and getting up".

@All those who have written NEGATIVE THINGS about this development, I say well done foryour BAD BELE AND HAVING NOTHING GOOD TO EVER SAY OF SEE IN NIGERIA.

Rome was not built in a day. Since government has not done their bit, private individuals are doing something and some imbesiles are still complaining.

WHAT HAVE THEY CONTRIBUTED TO THI COUNTRY ON THEIR OWN? APART FROM MAYBE CORRUPT AND IMMORAL TENDENCIES.

I cannot wait to ride in the vehicles.

LONG LIVE NIGERIA!!!!!!! grin cheesy wink cool
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by TayoD1(m): 12:59am On May 21, 2008
@topic,

Is that December 2007 or 2008?! undecided
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by dangermous: 3:00am On May 21, 2008
as that song go

wetin dey for Sokoto, e dey for shokoto

wetin dey for aba, e dey for aba

my brother that jeep wey you but for Bhutan, e dey for Aba.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Orimili(m): 3:14am On May 21, 2008
I think that the in-house development of an automobile is a step in the right direction. If this turns out to be a quality vehicle (which I have no doubt it will be), It will reflect positively on Nigeria as a whole, not just the Igbo, or any specific ethnicity for that matter. This car, if done right, could not only be popular in Nigeria, but even in neighboring countries, as new highway infrastructure is being built. Yes, safety is a concern, but the same can be said for any product, regardless of where it was made. It is nothing that rigorous testing and real-life performance cannot improve. I think that if done right, this would actually help Nigeria, as it will encourage more Nigerians to do things that benefit and improve Nigeria in ways that the government never will.

Imagine this: This jeep turns out to be a quality and successful product, and many Nigerians buy it. The money goes back into developing different types of cars, suited for different purposes. There is soon a line of cars for many types of use. The increase of car owners causes a demand for roads. Having one's one make of car will most likely have a positive effect on the building of new roads, and the improvement of current ones. Businesses can also benefit from a Nigerian car as well.

My problem with this, and just about everything else concerning developments from within Nigeria, is that there are so many people willing to discount it with the same argument of us "not being ready," or the development or product's likelihood of becoming a massive failure. This is the kind of apathetic mentality that keeps Nigeria where it is right now. How can Nigeria move forward if we don't even try? There are arguments about how the country does not have basic needs met, such as power, etc, and that such ambitious developments should be scrapped. What these people do not realize is that the way that such basic needs are being met are not working, and have not worked at all.

We need to start thinking outside the box and start working on things, regardless of what we have or do not have. I am sure that if we do that, and do it well, that other things will eventually fall into place. I am all for this car being launched, as if it is successful, it will only bring good. For example, a successful car could bring enough demand to force the improvement of power and running water. It could very well lead to the type of demand of materials to force building an infrastructure for trade, such as rail, improving other aspects of the Nigerian economy as well. New jobs can be created as well. Even if this car is flawed, this would only encourage further development, improving on what went wrong, eventually leading to what I have stated above.

Forgive me if this post cannot be understood, I have been working all day, and I am a bit tired as I type this.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Eziachi: 11:53am On May 21, 2008
Quote from: naijaway on October 09, 2007, 09:37 PM
nice one, but can u change that to Nigeria-made jeeps and buses. No disrespect just an opinion.
Seconded

Naijaway/Mckren,

Your problem is that it's to be called Igbo-made. As if you don't know from the begining that all Nigerian products are actually nicknamed Igbo-made and you never asked why? If you don't know it's because Aba, Nnewi, Orlu and Onitsha are scattered with small and medium size factories that had been sustaining Nigeria and without them, you would never had wore a shoe because you can't afford the imported ones, neither you mrs ever carrying a hand bag since she can't afford imported Amani brand.

Calling it Igbo-made is even a mistake, they should go a bit further and call it Umudim-Nnewi made, it will make more sense, just like those that invented the Raleigh bicycle in the United Kingdom. They named it after that town it was first manufacture called Raleigh, it would have been lost if it was called England. Many of you Nigerian zealots mostly thinks that Nigeria starts and finished at Abuja, hence anything done to bring other places into the front is slammed down.

What these guys are trying to do is not new to an average Igboman, because it has been there all along but Nigeria and Nigerians don't want to know since it will better the Igboman by any chance. They forgot how we survived through out the war. Had Nigeria been a nation instead of a country it was today, they should have tapped those talents after the war just like the allied nations tapped what was left of Germany after the 2nd world war.

If Nigeria is serious as country that wants to be a nation, a town like Aba or Onitsha deserved a first class international airport and container/freight deport to foster export at least to the West African sub-region. Hundreds of business people from countries like Cameroon, Gunea, Equaorial Guinea, Gabon etc flocked to Aba, Nnewi and Onitsha looking for finished local manufactured product but they had to travel to Lagos first or Abuja and then risk their life and money by road travelling down to those town. Had these town had such facilities, it will make such busines transaction easier and less risky. How big this route of export could had been had Nigeria been interested in building a nation? Mko Abiola's former airline and the old Nigeria airways use to run a scheduled flights to Malabo and Douala for instance and this export route was booming in the 80s because of it, but Nigeria authorities banned/slammed it down as usual for no reason other than a country working against itself due to their unnecessary hatred of Ndigbo from their top to the bottom.

So I am not surprise you had started complaining what what seem to be a plan at the moment should be called, rather than focusing on the benefits.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Eziachi: 12:27pm On May 21, 2008
Quote from: almondjoy on October 11, 2007, 09:59 AM
Here comes the okija "chief high" priest of all tribalism!

almondjoy,

Was the jibe over Okija shrine meant to be insulting? As you don't have a babalawo in your village? As if you don't have a shrine in your town? Tell me the African village without a shrine and I will tell you a living man with a blood in him. Hypocrites!!!!
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by oziomatv(m): 12:36pm On May 21, 2008
My brother or sister since you've no genda, reserve you saliva for an important issue. It's only a poorman says stout is too bitterfor his liking hence he can't afford it.
Who cares what people said when I know they can't compete.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Eziachi: 12:56pm On May 21, 2008
Uchenna,

You were right because I remember too when anythiing that is of inferior quality are called Igbo made or Aba made to piss Igbos off or belittle their effort of making something. I am sure it was other tribes that coined that word to give a dog a bad name too as you said.  I also agreeed with you that  the person that started this thread used the phrase in a derogatory manner but it backfired big time, rather than fellow Nigeria bigots to see it as delrogatory as intended, they saw it as a praise of the Igboman and their usual green eyes and claws came crawling out and now we are being accused of being tribalistic as you right stated too,

We can't win. If we travel and invest all over Nigeria, they accused of conquering and we are called non indegines in our own suppossed country. If we try to invest in our own town like this Innoson is trying to do, we are accused of being trabalistics.

El Rufai/OBJ said that 60% of Abuja's land is owned by the Igbos, therefore they should be stopped by all means and they started making up laws and demolishing well built houses, revoking lands they later awarded to themselves. This is the dilemma of Igbos in Nigeria. We don't know whether to hug Nigeria or kick it. Because we can never win, no matter what we do. If we stay in Igboland, we are label isolationist and if we travel out, we are asked to go home. When we decided to go home and live as Biafrans, free from Nigeria, we are threatened, called  name and genocided.

Nigerians should make up their minds about this pain on their neck called NDIGBO. It's now or never.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Eziachi: 1:09pm On May 21, 2008
Quote from: Uche2nna on October 11, 2007, 08:12 PM
Even the guy that started this thread is not Igbo ( because he used the phrase in a derogatory manner ) and now we are being accused of being tribalistic.

Make up your mind people

@I-MAN
You mean FSU is not Igbo?I don't think he was the one that put the "Lol" prefix.

Are saying that insurance products from IGI can be called "Yoruba insurance"?

Hello I-MAN,

If those behind your IGI Insurance wants to call it Yoruba Insurance and they knew it's good for their image and business, why not? That is why you have ODUA HOUSE and it's not called Nigerian house. Have about Liverpool Victoria Insurance or Woolwich BANK in the United Kingdom, they were all founded by persons from those towns and there are many companies/products all over the world that bears the name of the towns or cities of their founders.

Everyone should be proud of their towns, cities or tribes. It's not a crime or a bad thing, it encourage positive competition and give a sense of belonging to were one comes from. Yorubas are always happy to be called the Oduduwas and lately the northeners the Arewas and the Niger Delta people too. But when Igbos call themselves Biafrans which is what we are even before the formation of Nigeria as we found at the Bight of Biafra, all hail breaks loose. You will hear treason charges flying all over the place.

We are not allowed or expected to be proud of our identity and to be identified with it because of their morbid fear of sessession, which they shouldn't have had any qualms with since we are even banned from holding any sensitive position in Nigeria.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by winnteam(m): 1:13pm On May 21, 2008
No disrespect meant.

But can we keep the gist about the car on.

I am not Igbo. I am a Nigerian.

These things keep perpetually behind. Ibeg una.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Eziachi: 1:21pm On May 21, 2008
Almondjoy,

If you have problem with the term Igbo-made jeep.

You shpuld also have problem with the following:
Scottich Whiskey
Irish Cream Drink
Champagne Wine (instead of French wine)
Bourdoeu Wine ( instead of French wine)
English Rose ( instead British Rose)
Vaulhall
Bedford
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by romeo(m): 3:54pm On May 21, 2008
My brother save your breath!!! all these people you're quoting and explaining things to are dumb and too stupid to understand simple things grin grin

Uche2nna is not among the dumbs cheesy
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by obiem(m): 2:14pm On May 22, 2008
If this is true( which i believe it is), it can only be achieved by the Igbos. I've been to eastern cities lke Nnewi and Aba and the level of local industry potential and growth and innovativity is alarming. Most of us say they are fake, yes they are because they are not from usa or china or wherever, but i believe the potential is there but for govt aparthy towards those from the south east. Can't wait to see this, it would be an interesting innovation and a landmark feat. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by triaophant: 9:07pm On May 24, 2008
There is no harm in trying, the name is not important here but the end product. Good Nigerian made products do sell, no doubt about that. Zinox computers, Cutix Cables and Wires company, Nnewi is the best wire manufacturing Nigeria and today a Nigerian wire dealer will be very proud to tell you that he is a dealer in Cutix wire, our electricians will candidly advice you to go for Cutix, but again it is the most expensive in Nigeria today and in high demand even outside the shores of Nigeria, Star Lager beer is sought after even outside Nigeria. Some years ago, a Nigerian invented the yam pounding machine and we condenmed him, but the Japanese bought the patent and are making billions of dollars today from that invention. I hear someone talk about quality, while we strive for it, let us start from somewhere please. Innoson Motorcycles are on the streets of Nigerian roads and we have not heard of any complaint about their products. I have used some of their manufactured products and I have no complaint so far about their quality. Now taking about the Chinese partnership, they have gone far technology wise that today the US is afraid of them. You may recall that in 1982 during the Falklands war, Argentina used a Chinese made Silkworm Missile to sink the British warship HMS Invincible and yet someone is saying that their technology is poor. They have become the only 3rd country in the world after US and Russia to put man into space and orbit and we are here talking rubbish. Today most of the toys, auto parts, clothings, computers used by the advanced world including Europe and US are manufactured in China, have we not heard about outsourcing? we already have Chinese made cars on Nigerian roads and we have not heard anything against them. Those already complaining and think that they had a better idea should come and invest. For corrections the Z600 prototype car was manufactured by Izuogu Motors at Naze, Owerri, Imo State and not by Anamco at Emene, Enugu. Anamco only assembles Mercedes Benz Trucks and Buses. Again for the lady that said something about Nigeria not being able to dispose of its waste before talking of manufacturing is just ill informed. Cleanliness is a personal thing, if you are clean inside, you will be clean outside simple. Have you been to Owerri recently? Go there and see whether you will see pure water waterproof, go to Calabar, Abuja nko? Abeg travel and see joo. Even the so called advanced countries have their own environmental problem. The refuse dumps all over the city of Naples, Italy, What about what we saw on NTA during the Los Angeles Olympic Games in 1984?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by grandjedi(m): 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2008
Igbo kwenu!!! I'm not Igbo but I'm Nigerian and I've always admired Igbo people for their innate inventive nature (this is is not to say other Nigerian tribes are not innovative/ inventive). I think this is a step in the right direction because everybody started somewhere.
But the question is do we have the political will as a nation to make this kind of thing successful and not a project that will contribute to the mortality statistics @ our hospitals (okadas are already representing in this regard) ? Can we monitor, enforce and even ultimately set standards in this area ?
It may take a lot, but let's try and be positive ; where there's a will , there's a way.
And where there's a way, I will cruise my Igbo jeep. grin cheesy grin. ZOOM! ZOOM!
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Gennyz(m): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2008
Is a good one for nigeria.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by dellyzee: 3:10pm On Jul 17, 2008
If this ever happen then i think is time we build roadside hospitals because there will be more road accident. In my own opinion the federal govt should not allow he and his Chinese friends to kill us with that trap them produce.
This idea would have been more sensible if it were to be coming from people with great reputation in quality manufacturing. Chinese is known for one thing -fake products-
BAN! BAN!! BAN!!!

fellow Nigerian we should patronize his product if and only if they're worthless just like the well known Chinese products.

2morow u'll b d 1st 2say dis country is backwards,wen dumbs like u,wldn't embrace ur country,upholds wateva comes out of it and make things wrk. u tink it's only oby,ya'radua or d so called senates and ministers dat will make dis country gud 4evry one? "it begins wit u" wat ve u done 2make things wrk? wat ve u put in dis great country to help salvage her situatn? wat tots,wrds,money,suggestn, ve u put in to help? u're there using ur termite infested finger 2 type dat trash. did u type it 2b recognised or did u type it 2tell us d failure u're.

well i beg u and the likes of u dat criticized d YET 2 B LAUNCHED" cars 2encourage ur fellow nigerians rather dan criticizing dem. roman wasn't built in a day! to build mansions,u start wit a block! wen go go 2 dis so called developed countries,u'll find out dat it's ur BROTHERS dat are SLAVING there to help dem make d cars u claim 2b d best and wat eva gadgets u can tink of. u tink is easy 2 put 2geda a bicycle? not to tink of a car! if it's easy friends,trying making a toy one! pls let's grow and encourage our parents and love ones to buy,atleast 4rm buying one can find out faults and educate d manufacturers more on their mistakes!

An applaude shld even b given d IGBOS 4 their INTELLIGENCE!!! if e easy go produce eeeee!!!!!!!!!
WE AGRRE NO WAHALA, ABA MADE! ANAMBRA MADE!! ENUGU MADE!!! OWERRI MADE!!!! ONITSHA MADE!!!!!!!! ATLEAST WE STILL DEY RULE 4D PRODUCTION LINE IN DIS COUNTRY WEDA ANYBODY LIKE AM OR NOT,ATLEAST 90% OF D COUNTRY DEY SURVIVE 4RM OUR PRODUCTS! LONG LIVE IGBOS, LONG LIVE NAIJA!!
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by creekboy: 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2008
As a very Senior Political Public Servant within the Presidency, I occasional peruse online to see the current pulse, comments and attitudes of Nigerians towards any government policies, or public - private initiatives. I appreciate your comments as regards this thread and many more such as this, indeed they are benign.

I wish to assure you that this President and Administration is listening, not only as we recognize our current limitations, but we remain full of hope in our capacity to embrace new ideas and directions, which prods our nation forward. We believe this, because we know that as a people, we have the ability to collectively aspire to any heights in order to begin the process of building a more perfect society, devoid of irrational sentiments.

Finally, to the manufacturer of the said vehicle, if they build it, and it meets reasonable or residual international safety standards, we will be the first to use it to demonstrate how proud it will be that a "Made in Nigeria" product may within years come to finally sit amongst nations of peers.

This is our Vision 20/20 aspiration. God bless all of you and bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by BangBang2(m): 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2008
@post

hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

obiomah made jeep and bus?
oga la!! grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by dellyzee: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2008
ope u're 4real creek boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by dellyzee: 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2008
hahahaha    

obiomah made jeep and bus?
oga la!! [quote][/quote]
can u boast of a clay pot mr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by idupaul: 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2008
iNooson assemblers are at it again, why did it have to be a jeep, Igbo status i presume, bush
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by dellyzee: 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iNooson assemblers are at it again, why did it have to be a jeep, Igbo status i presume, bush

wats ur own status black belle?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reps Probe Failed $470m CCTV Projects / Supreme Court Upholds Right of Female Child to Inherit Properties in Igboland / Rabiu Musa: Malami As Champion Of Nigeria’s Justice System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.