Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December (10858 Views)

Saraki Rocks Made In Aba Attire, Cruises Nigerian Made Jeep (PHOTOS) / LASTMA Officials And Bus Driver Battle It Out In Lagos Traffic. Photos / Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 9:30pm On Oct 12, 2007
FSU:

Uche2nna,

Why waste time with that slut, Almondsorrow? She is a lost cause. Badly irredemable good.

cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!  Badly irredemable good?  What was that?  Thanks for the compliment anyway. As you can see I gatz more of chocolate and less of nuts. But I have committed you to my memory. I see you are used to "sluts" even male ones! grin This almondjoy does not feel "nutsy" today.  Things usually build up right about post #1500.  I gat your back though.  Watching it very closely. Every mad man on the street has moments of sanity---you find yours!

Do not thrash your own thread I must warn you. kiss F----------S-----------You!!!  I could think of better letters to fill up the void in those acronyms--but perhaps later. wink
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2007
Once upon a time , Made in Taiwan connotes inferiority. Today it is not the case. China has upped the game. Those same group of guys that made shoes, bags , clothes etc that U comfortably labelled as Igbo made are now making stuff like Zinox computers. If u feel comfortable calling the shoes Igbo made U should also not be bothered about calling the computers Igbo made. Unless U are playing by the double standard rules. Once again , not fair!!!! cheesy The shoes from Aba did not bear the Igbo made tag. Folks like U and me called it Igbo made. Same way, the car will not bear Igbo made as a tag, but folks like me and U will call it Igbo made.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 9:38pm On Oct 12, 2007
Easy, FSU. This is just conversation. Everybody wont see things ur own way or else there wont be anything to talk about. And I assure U that would be boring.

Once again no need to be insultive
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 9:39pm On Oct 12, 2007
Uche2nna:

Once upon a time , Made in Taiwan connotes inferiority. Today it is not the case. China has upped the game. Those same group of guys that made shoes, bags , clothes etc that You comfortably labelled as Igbo made are now making stuff like Zinox computers.

If u feel comfortable calling the shoes Igbo made You should also not be bothered about calling the computers Igbo made. Unless You are playing by the double standard rules. Once again , not fair!!!! cheesy The shoes from Aba did not bear the Igbo made tag. Folks like You and me called it Igbo made. Same way, the car will not bear Igbo made as a tag, but folks like me and You will call it Igbo made.

Okay!  Have it your way.  I am not really bothered by the name of the makers.  I am just concerned with safety and how to learn to do things the right way when it involves human lives.  The Taiwanese or Chinese did not say "cantonese" or "mandarin" made did they? undecided

Uche2nna:

Easy, FSU. This is just conversation. Everybody wont see things your own way or else there wont be anything to talk about. And I assure You that would be boring.

You are always such a gentleman.  Are you sure you are "igbo-made"? tongue
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 9:45pm On Oct 12, 2007
FSU:

Uche2nna,

Why waste time with that slut (she once confirmed it), Almondjoy(sorry sorrow)? She is a lost cause. Badly irredemable good. It is her like who hide drugs in their ''TOTO'' and get caught at MMA

You know I am an "expert" in those kinds of languages-but this is a section of Nairaland I love and cherish so much and will not display my talent here in the presence of most people I have an "interest" in. wink
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 9:48pm On Oct 12, 2007
almondjoy:

Okay!  Have it your way.  The Taiwanese or Chinese did not say "cantonese" or mandarin made did they? undecided

Neither did the Igbo manufacturers. Shoes made in Aba did not bear a "Made in Aba" tag. mara of fact, it bears sth like made in spain, made in italy etc  grin Peeps (especially peeps from other regions) started calling it Igbo made. The word was coined by people other than the actual enterpreneurs.Now those same people are screaming racism for a word that they coined.
Kind of reminds me of the african american. Use the word niggar but when a white man uses it, all hell breaks loose  grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 9:56pm On Oct 12, 2007
Uche2nna:

Neither did the Igbo manufacturers. Shoes made in Aba did not bear a "Made in Aba" tag. mara of fact, it bears sth like made in spain, made in italy etc  grin Peeps (especially peeps from other regions) started calling it Igbo made.

The word was coined by people other than the actual enterpreneurs.Now those same people are screaming racism for a word that they coined. Kind of reminds me of the african american. Use the word niggar but when a white man uses it, all hell breaks loose   grin

Imagine the nonsense! grin  You make goods and services in Aba and put "made in italy and made in spain" labels on them? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy  Thanks for letting us into this big secret.  If you like the igbo made term to make you feel good then please indulge.   I guess like the AA reaction to the "N" word, it is "marrrrrra" of what context you want to use what terms and which audience will accept it as politically correct. 

So how do we solve the problem so the FSUs,willy willys, and NINETOFIVEs of this world can have less of the hypertensive crises?  Ask them what labels should go on the "jeeps"? tongue

Igbo-made, Made in Umudim, Made in Biafra, Made in Bakassi, Made in Nigeria or Made in Africa? cheesy
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by naijaway(m): 10:52pm On Oct 12, 2007
Igbo made cars or yoruba made cars or whoever made cars especially in Nigeria and many other countries, will involve many from different regions. There's not that many businesses in Nigeria that don't exercise diversity excerpt for maybe family businesses. Making a car is not a few people job, it welcomes new initiative and experience in manufacturing plants, parts, designs, and other stuffs.

Igbo made cars is cool and at the same time not cool. I say that because even camerounians and our other neighbors will call it a Nigerian made car. If, lets say Ghana comes with their own car two dayz or a year between the debut, u will see naija people sit up but on a humble, we need to begin or have intelligent visionaries that can also decide to somehow diversify their companies regionally by picking the available best regionally but before that nationally, the rest of any doubts can handle itself.

My only thing about this car is that it incooperates innovation in all areas but this should just be a beginning, and hey nobody knows, it might improve 2 be d big deal in different neighboorhoods. If we can have faith or some quantom of believes and faith in our past and present presidents, then we should have some room of faith in this project. There are a lot more projects we need to improve, machines for building roads, houses, agriculture etc; then also the ones we need to begin, like planes, ships, satelites, security items for internal and external threats, etc.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by denex: 11:44pm On Oct 12, 2007
Ladies and gentlemen, I nor fit shout. I just had a terrible accident in a Japanese made car (seriously). So please let this Nigerian car come. Maybe it'd be more adapted to Nigerian roads.

Meanwhile, I may not be on Nairaland for sometime. I'm kind of recuperating from my accident with enough beer and bazz to ease the pain, and surgical spirit all over my body.

I'll be checking in once in a while but my fingers hurt too much to type. Y'all buy Nigerian made goods (if they are any good).

Ciao!
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 11:47pm On Oct 12, 2007
denex:

Ladies and gentlemen, I nor fit shout. I just had a terrible accident in a Japanese made car (seriously). So please let this Nigerian car come. Maybe it'd be more adapted to Nigerian roads.

Meanwhile, I may not be on Nairaland for sometime. I'm kind of recuperating from my accident with enough beer and bazz to ease the pain, and surgical spirit all over my body.

I'll be checking in once in a while but my fingers hurt too much to type. Y'all buy Nigerian made goods (if they are any good).

Ciao!

Sorry oh!  At least you survived.  You might not be so lucky if you downgrade!  Thanks to our mechanics.  Do not blame "Japan"--Blame the "tokunbo" culture in Nigeria.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Oct 12, 2007
almondjoy:

Sorry oh! At least you survived. You might not be so lucky if you downgrade! Thanks to our mechanics. Do not blame "Japan"--Blame the "tokunbo" culture in Nigeria.

You just don't seem to think anything good can come from Nigeria, do you ?? grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 3:31am On Oct 13, 2007
Dat is almond for u
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 4:14am On Oct 13, 2007
Wait till the "Igbo jeep" is out and coca cola starts doing those contests

"look under the cover and win a brand new   Nsukka cruiser" grin

all these cats opening their mouths would be digging the dustbin struggling to win.
don't mind all these their e- gra gra.
It all ends here o
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 8:37am On Oct 13, 2007
nwando:

all these RATS opening their mouths would be digging the dustbin struggling to win.
don't mind all these their e- gra gra.
It all ends here o

Hahaha. E-gra gra. I like that. Its all e-bluffing. No substance.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2007
Uche2nna:

Easy, FSU. This is just conversation. Everybody wont see things your own way or else there wont be anything to talk about. And I assure You that would be boring.

my bros, dont mind FSU, dats what u get when wrong people use internet, at least u have testified dat we d igbos are not so insultive & vulgar.

almondjoy, sorry dear, its one of d prices of nation building
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 9:38am On Oct 13, 2007
@FSU

You actually lack common sense, if not that i don't want to be as insultive as you, i would have said you'r stupid for using vulgar language here.

Mark you, i ddnt say that o. lol
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 13, 2007
evergie=Ogalanya (the same mad man)
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 10:00am On Oct 13, 2007
Willywilly divided by FSU= senseless
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 10:01am On Oct 13, 2007
Evergie= Ogalanya=Igbo efulefu (nwa mmefu). I pity the parents who bore you.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 10:05am On Oct 13, 2007
dats what ur igbo made sense told u grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 10:07am On Oct 13, 2007
we re using one computer abi?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 10:20am On Oct 13, 2007
ogalanya:

we re using one computer abi?
Thats why i said his head need be examined. How can we be logged on same time? he is, simply put -nut-
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 13, 2007
just a question-

will this vehicle be made from genuine tokunbo spare parts or brand new imitation parts?

this is a very important question. I was in ladipo last week with my mechanic, shopping for spare parts for my er, 'new' ride. the traders were all shoving genuine imitations at me!

my mechanic actually told me that the tokunbo parts are quality parts, while to so called brand new parts are inferior goods.I actually observed this myself!

offtopic

When is this car coming out? Make I go check am out? December abi? I hope it's good. I'm looking to buy a truck next year. Though I fancy the new Toyota Hilux, I'm looking forward to what NTM, ANAMMCO and this new company.

man after my own heart. i just bought an older model and I'm in the process of refurbishing/pimping it(xzibit, where are you when we need you? grin) absolutely everyone (mum, dad, friends) gets this WTF? look when i tell them i bought a hilux.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2007
oyb:

just a question-

will this vehicle be made from genuine tokunbo spare parts or brand new imitation parts?

this is a very important question. I was in ladipo last week with my mechanic, shopping for spare parts for my er, 'new' ride. the traders were all shoving genuine imitations at me!

my mechanic actually told me that the tokunbo parts are quality parts, while to so called brand new parts are inferior goods.I actually observed this myself!

offtopic

man after my own heart. i just bought an older model and I'm in the process of refurbishing/pimping it(xzibit, where are you when we need you? grin) absolutely everyone (mum, dad, friends) gets this WTF? look when i tell them i bought a hilux.

How did you OBSERVE THIS yourself?? Did the mechanic smash both a tokunbo and a home-made brand with a hammer for you to see this??
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2007
@
It depends on where the new parts are coming. Most of the time, the parts come in from China and yeah, these guys, in conjunction with the importers have thrown quality to the wind. However, if U get the parts from Germany or Brazil , U will be rest assured that u are getting the real deal. However, nobody knows which one is which. Somebody might get some goods from China and tag them as "made in Brazil". So that is why some mechanics prefer buying spare parts that have already being used abroad which unfortunately lasts longer than the so called new ones from China
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2007
ol' boy, just come to ladipo. a trial will convince you. its the sad truth about so many 'original ' imported goods in nigeria. go to anywhere alaba, pc village, adeniji, etc.

i seem to remember you made a post about that in the technology market section.something to the effect that dealers choose to supply inferior imitations because nigerians do not want to spend money.

anyway one of the parts was a grille. i looked at it. the 'brand new' one was obviously flimsier than the original. i then knocked/tapped both items (lightly, i no fit pay for broken good) . lets just say one had a slightly 'hollower' feel.

I've said it before, I'm an engineer.one of the biggest problems i face is when contractors buy imitation materials. the sad thing is that if one is too busy, its during commisioning tests this is found out.

plus- i'm not even saying the brand new parts are home made (where is the technology for that? i just see them as parts the dealers have connived with unscrupulous foreign manufacturers to fabricate.

don't think SON is a reliable company for reviewing products. a friend did his IT there. He stated categorically that no real testing of goods is done there. for certain, i just found out that SON certified electrical stabilisers for instance , are not earthed. I tried three different manufacturer, all SON certified, and none are earthed. you sell it goods( i think) imagine you give a person the full works pc, surge arrester , ups, stabiliser, only to find that the protection failed because the stabiliser had no earth terminal to conduct a surge current to earth? i know - all off topic
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Oct 13, 2007
oyb:

ol' boy, just come to ladipo. a trial will convince you. its the sad truth about so many 'original ' imported goods in nigeria. go to anywhere alaba, pc village, adeniji, etc.

i seem to remember you made a post about that in the technology market section.something to the effect that dealers choose to supply inferior imitations because nigerians do not want to spend money.
anyway one of the parts was a grille. i looked at it. the 'brand new' one was obviously flimsier than the original. i then knocked/tapped both items (lightly, i no fit pay for broken good) . lets just say one had a slightly 'hollower' feel.

I've said it before, I'm an engineer.one of the biggest problems i face is when contractors buy imitation materials. the sad thing is that if one is too busy, its during commisioning tests this is found out.

plus- i'm not even saying the brand new parts are home made (where is the technology for that? i just see them as parts the dealers have connived with unscrupulous foreign manufacturers to fabricate.

don't think SON is a reliable company for reviewing products. a friend did his IT there. He stated categorically that no real testing of goods is done there. for certain, i just found out that SON certified electrical stabilisers for instance , are not earthed. I tried three different manufacturer, all SON certified, and none are earthed. you sell it goods( i think) imagine you give a person the full works pc, surge arrester , ups, stabiliser, only to find that the protection failed because the stabiliser had no earth terminal to conduct a surge current to earth? i know - all off topic

Now you see where the source of the problem really lies. Nigerians are more willing to pay for cheap imitations than they are for good quality products that will not only outlast the imitation goods but will also save them a lot of money in the long run. I am not saying all Nigerians know of this but I think we have over time come to accept that imitation will do the trick and have forgotten what it means to have quality products around us.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2007
dats what am saying, lets tackle poverty first
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Oct 13, 2007
How?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2007
Jamb question grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 5:33pm On Oct 13, 2007
self sufficiency & an export driven economy not vice versa
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2007
I believe at this time, we should realize that we can not do the self sufficiency YET, we can find a balance though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fashola Shuts Aswani Market / 5 Supreme Court Workers Sacked Over Leaked Judgment / "You Can’t Actualise Biafra Now"- Olisadebelum Onuoha Tells IPOB, MASSOB, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.