Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? (25975 Views)

Past Adu: Yoruba Christians Have Peculiar Spiritual Challenges – Daily Sun / Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims / The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Kilode1: 1:55am On Jan 22, 2012
"Alhaji ti o re mecca" Ndu_chuks is trolling  grin

.  . No point casting pearls before swines.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Leshyne(m): 2:39am On Jan 22, 2012
I often see the fear exhibited by some tribes, as they feel geographically and economically intimidated perhaps colonized in some case. Lol.

It is clear however Amongst all who the superior race is, the cowards know their limit and will spend more time waring in words n tongue.

When the real war ensues, real men will reign 4eva supreme.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by nduchucks: 3:05am On Jan 22, 2012
Kilode?!:

"Alhaji ti o re mecca" Ndu_chuks is trolling  grin

.  . No point casting pearls before swines.

Olopa, ewo n'tepe? cheesy

@okunoba, I pity you. pele o.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by http(m): 4:19am On Jan 22, 2012
This Tribal thing dey sell well well! na hot cake for Nigeria. Anyway regard Yoruba identity, am a Yoruba first, a Nigeria and a Muslim, from a Xtian father and a Muslim mother, i marry a Xtian and give no shit about what you think about me. wink

I love my family cos we are diverse in everything you can think of, i have Muslim and Xtian cousin, uncles, sister-in-law, relatives and what-have-you. That is one thing that can't be taking from us, Yoruba are one entity grin
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Kilode1: 5:28am On Jan 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Olopa, ewo n'tepe?   cheesy

@okunoba,  I pity you. pele o.

Alhaji Chukwuma, ko s'epe nbe o, e ku ara ya o grin
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by blocker: 6:25am On Jan 22, 2012
bashr8:

Ironically yorubas look like monkeys even as black as guerilla, I hate to tow this part but since you want us to really start saying things as it is.
Bashr8 it is your father and hopeless mother that came from a Gorilla. You can never stand toe to toe with an Igbo man without wrangling your way around things like Yorubas do. I don't give a Bleep if you love or hate Igbos. We don't go around begging food from your likes like Awolowo planned. God punish all of u a million times. I spit on all your faces. BASTARDS.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by okunoba(m): 6:42am On Jan 22, 2012
@Kingoflag, Human beings commit crime all the time regardless of their religion, what we are talking about is people killing for their religion. Don`t get it twisted. The christian countries of the western World is where all the muslims get so much love and affection not the Islamic countries. Black African Muslims get treated better in these countries than they do in Arab Islamic ones. Ask a Somalian or a Pakistani  where they would rather be when poor, must would choose Western christian countries because they are shown more love and treated with dignity, unlike their rich Arab brothers that treat them like slaves. Do a little research on how Pakistani workers are treated in the rich Gulf states.  

I am no christian because I see it as the slave masters religion, but if I have to choose between the two, I would choose the one that as shown me and many others like me lots and lots of love. Islama bad.

I hope Yoruba people will keep on leaving Islam in droves as they are already doing.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 22, 2012
For say God allow yoruba invent motor, we for no rest for this country o!!!
We know say na una fine pass, na una sabo book pass, na una love una sef pass. Na una get money pass. But i beg u in the name of Jesus, LEAVE US MAKE WE REST!!!!
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 22, 2012
okunoba:

@Kingoflag, Human beings commit crime all the time regardless of their religion, what we are talking about is people killing for their religion. Don`t get it twisted. The christian countries of the western World is where all the muslims get so much love and affection not the Islamic countries. Black African Muslims get treated better in these countries than they do in Arab Islamic ones. Ask a Somalian or a Pakistani  where they would rather be when poor, must would choose Western christian countries because they are shown more love and treated with dignity, unlike their rich Arab brothers that treat them like slaves. Do a little research on how Pakistani workers are treated in the rich Gulf states.  

I am no christian because I see it as the slave masters religion, but if I have to choose between the two, I would choose the one that as shown me and many others like me lots and lots of love. Islama bad.

I hope Yoruba people will keep on leaving Islam in droves as they are already doing.

When you realize that neither of these religions is not that of your ancestors, then you'll be worthy of a response. Until then, all I se are the posts of a bigot, and I see it'll be a waste of time even trying to reason with you you or have you see a different point of view.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by okunoba(m): 7:16am On Jan 22, 2012
@Ndu Chucks, I guess you have run out of any thing tangible to write, so u have resulted to sarcasm. Why do u pity me? could it be because I do not believe in Islamic dogma of the dark ages, passed on from one ignorant generation to the next. Sad that the younger generation that should know better are still stuck in the past. Don`t pity me brov, I am no prisoner to dogma that as kept the North so backward. I pray for the day when my brothers across the Niger will abandon Islam and embrace the goodness in humanity.

Thanks for the sympathy, but I think u need to save that for the voiceless and oppressed Almajiris. Today they might be killing their brothers down south, but trust me very soon they will realize u the Northern elites are the problem. Giving them sharia but no education or any skill, how do u expect them to compete in the modern World? What have you done or doing to make life better for these poor souls? U will rather have them hail you branka dede, while they have to beg for food. People like you are the problem of the black race.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by okunoba(m): 7:36am On Jan 22, 2012
@kingoflag, U obviously find it difficult reading. I suggest u go back to my reply. I do not subscribe to either Islam or Christianity because I see both as the slave masters religion, but if I have to choose it sure wont be Islam, the most intolerant religion in the World. Tell me of any other religion that believe in killing for leaving it?But we all know Islam does. Get real brov.  Reason is beyond those that refuse to question dogma of the dark ages.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 22, 2012
okunoba:

@kingoflag, U obviously find it difficult reading. I suggest u go back to my reply. I do not subscribe to either Islam or Christianity because I see both as the slave masters religion, but if I have to choose it sure wont be Islam, the most intolerant religion in the World. Tell me of any other religion that believe in killing for leaving the it?But we all know Islam does. Get real brov. Reason is beyond those that refuse to question dogma of the dark ages.

Ok, lets try one more time.

Tell me one predominantly Muslim Country that has attacked, or instigated unrest, in a predominantly Christian country in recent years.

Now what were you saying again about tolerance?
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by emmatok(m): 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2012
blocker:

Bashr8 it is your father and hopeless mother that came from a Gorilla. You can never stand toe to toe with an Igbo man without wrangling your way around things like Yorubas do. I don't give a bleep if you love or hate Igbos. We don't go around begging food from your likes like Awolowo planned. God punish all of u a million times. I spit on all your faces. BASTARDS.

Are you supporting or opposing @Bashr8's post?

Bashr8
Ironically yorubas look like monkeys even as black as guerilla, I hate to tow this part but since you want us to really start saying things as it is.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by slam7000(m): 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2012
Its getting very untidy here on NL everyday and we all have so much degenerated that we need an ALMIGHTY SMACK on our stupid cheeks by the MAIN MAN ABOVE to bring us back from this evil trance b4 we do ourselves further damage.whats the hate and bitterness all about,what are we rambling about.where is there so much hatred and wickness in our hearts.some think we need to divide the country, This self inflicted problem will never go away or be solved if we do not tackle it.we all need to have our heads examined, we waste our productive hours bitching over rubbish,Igbo this,Yoruba that,and we are always quick to blame govt.we have more problem as a nation and its not corruption,its called ethnicity or tribalism.theres so much HATRED,you can literally feel it here on NL.its bad for us as a people and until we tackle it,we,ll continue to under achieve as a nation.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by LEXYLOV: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2012
Yoruba tribe is the only tribe in Nigeria that based on respect and religious tolerance. Only in Yoruba tribe you can see Muslim christian couple happily married and staying together having kids without any problem.It's very in Yoruba land to see a family who don't have a relative Muslims and christian. undecided
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by OLASODE2K: 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2012
when any tribe wants to criticise the yorubas' legendary tolerance, such people must look inwards first. If such critic is ibo, he or she should first search for the existence of osu caste system in yorubaland which the ibos are too proud to dismantle and the settler-indigene issues that possess more threat to the ibo unity and sanity than money and legendary ibo pride. If the person is an hausa, he or she should go to kano and publicly speak against the senseless killing of non moslems there and if he would survive that day.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 22, 2012
This is an interesting thread.
I have always envied the peaceful co-existence between Yorubas. I no know wetin dem Ibo guys dey yan about "inferiority complex", that doesn't make sense at all. As far as I know there is no other tribe in Nigeria that shows a great deal of maturity and mutual understanding like the Yorubas, and in fact that's why I dey date a Yoruba girl wink . Make haters and jealous people just chill. I must say that the Ibos and Hausas are very similar by nature. They are very adamant in their beliefs and are always quick to judge and dismiss others. An Ibo man sees a Muslim in the same way a Hausa man sees a Christian; as bitter opponents ( I swear that one na true!).  in fact Can u imagine that after all the good works Okorocha has been doing, some Ibo men NO WAN vote for him JUST because he was from one local government that was "not supposed to" contest during the last election?
I have nothing against the Ibos o shocked I love them all, even the Hausas wey don pursue me tire for North here, but e get certain things wey we need to put at check. Some very useless and unimportant things must go. In my tribe, people inter-marry people from across the nation; Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw,name them dey marry my tribal gals( and I am very proud of that.) Na God go judge everybody so all these muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Juju(ish), blablabla should end abeg ", judge not, that you may not be judged", the bible siad it all. wink
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by amor4ce(m): 10:50pm On Jan 22, 2012
Ela will soon gather His people and Dawodu will lead us in worship.

In the meaning of the word Olodumare, these can be seen: the creation of man, and of woman from man; the folly of fornication and adultery; the marriage of Orunmila to His wife; why a husband and wife are one flesh; and the marriage of Yeshua and His bride. There will soon be a true revival in the Yoruba nation.

As for the practice of Ifa divination in the diaspora note that the Ewe (who were also enslaved) and Yoruba peoples are kith and kin. The Ewe people in Ghana, Togo and Benin have not forgotten their roots and did not have to learn Ifa from the Yoruba. For instance, much of the ewa agoyin sellers in Lagos are from Benin and Togo yet they know they are Yoruba and easily settle in southwest Nigeria as home is home.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by cffb: 11:00pm On Jan 22, 2012
I guess Chyz doesn't know what inferiority complex means, yorubas have held top positions in this nation since independence,we are a group of people that is unique,accommodating,and have everything it takes to stand face to face with any group around the world, we do not have reason to feel inferior -you may find out. Politically,education wise,and in business we are successful . We like our fellow Igbo race and every other tribe in the country. Really,we are first Yorubas before anything,yes we are xtians and Muslims but we don't kill people because Quran doesn't preach murder.
Personally,I love ibos and have them as close friends but I detest killing.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by cffb: 11:04pm On Jan 22, 2012
Ekwah you talked sense,
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by AjanleKoko: 10:38am On Jan 23, 2012
Na wa o.

And we say the nation isn't progressing. I mean, I just read someone use the words 'superior race' on this thread shocked
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by mbhs139(m): 11:50am On Jan 23, 2012
Honestly, the truth be said, yorubas are more accomodating than any other tribe in this country. ask any non-yoruba person that either schooled or served in yorubaland they will tell you more.

the yoruba parents sees other people's children, irrespective of their tribe, as theirs and treat them well with the believe that since they dont know where their own children will end up one day, they have the assurance that he/she will receive the same treatment they meet out to others.

I have seen a couple of ibos too who are nice, or let me say a handful of other tribes i have been fortunate to meet and they are nice. which ever way you look at it, Yorubas are accomodating.

by the way, should there be any reason why we should not be tolerant of ourselves? Walahi, i dont deal with people based on their religious belief or tribe. I have met muslim brothers who duped me, who were not sincere with me in our dealings. likewise i have met non muslims and non yorubas who are my brothers till date. Honestly, i dont see any reason for this discussion given our present circumstances

Wale Balogun K
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 23, 2012
@Sbeezy

Igbomina people have always been Yorubas and in fact have been since their earliest days,  Iggomina people and are in fact an hybrid of Yoruba tribes (Egba/Ijebu  people making chief composition of igbominas, because they fought them more than the other groups), Igbomina people existed before oyo empire and had to fight the oyo empire, What makes them Yoruba is by language extension the didn't assimilate at all, they were it!, In their fight against other groups, they were dispersed and had to spread to other parts of what is now a collective Yoruba land including Lagos

Igbomina people are also indigenous to Lagos by what many will call Egba but really are Igbomina,  Igbomina people are mostly on the mainland of Lagos,  Igbomina people were also subjects of Oyo and were among the tribes of Yorubas who took refuge in Lagos during intra tribal wars (It took Yorubas long to attain the unity we are proud of now), 

Egun people are not Yorubas by assimilation at all,  They are Yorubas independent of other Yorubas by extension because they come from same place Yorubas come from and settled in Badagry independently,

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by okunoba(m): 5:14am On Feb 22, 2012
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by 9javoice1(m): 6:54am On Feb 22, 2012
the reason why you resurate a dead thread of one silly poster is because one igboman turn muslim?

yotuba's and their hatred of igbos. anyway read below comments and see what the girl in question think about islam:

I can sympathize with why a Muslim may leave Islam, due to a lack of community – especially if you are non-white. No one comes to you, and invites you for iftar during Ramadan. No one introduces you to people they know in their family who are looking for a wife. I can be assured that if I walk into a local church, I would at least be greeted with a “hello” or a “welcome” and a smile by one stranger in the church. As for the masjid? Not so much. Are some masajid unwelcoming? Yes – and I have yet to find a welcoming masjid in my area. I desperately long for the feeling of community, acceptance, and support, which is so critical to building my faith. In the predominantly Desi/Arab masjid I have attended, as a black Muslimah, I am invisible – I exchange salaams with women who give me cold looks. At the end of jumu’ah, the congregation lingers, talking and exchanging greetings while I, on the other hand, walk away, and even question if anyone noticed my presence at all.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by 9javoice1(m): 6:59am On Feb 22, 2012
Honestly, if my faith alone rested in the hands of Muslims in my community, I would have left Islam long ago

she said this to inform us that muslims are not accomodating at all and they lack love and unity.
that is why yoruba muslim does different from hausa muslim.
if this girl came to nigeria and pratice islam she will left islam within 48hrs.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by babsjnr(m): 7:00am On Feb 22, 2012
Lol ibo muslim governor for where, Ibo is not ready for muslim and hausa are not ready for as well christian.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by 9javoice1(m): 7:02am On Feb 22, 2012
I exchange salaams with women who give me cold looks. At the end of jumu’ah, the congregation lingers, talking and exchanging greetings while I, on the other hand, walk away, and even question if anyone noticed my presence at all.

it also happen to yoruba muslim when ever they worship with the hausa's never greet salam to each other,and i wonder why.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by 9javoice1(m): 7:05am On Feb 22, 2012
However, the hostility has also occurred on the hands of fellow Africans. I can recall one instance when I stood next an African woman, not realizing that she was praying on her own before the calling of the adhan. I had just converted, and was still trying to understand how to perform salah. She later looked at me sternly and said, “You don’t know how to pray?” in front of others. Embarrassed, I made some excuse and apologized for the confusion. I was too embarrassed to announce to the entire group that stood around me that I had recently converted. She neither bothered to assist me nor to make me feel welcome. I never entered that masjid again.

this is why islam can never make any head way when compulsion is withered from among them.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by 9javoice1(m): 7:06am On Feb 22, 2012
Love in islam and among muslim is just words of the mouth but in real character to your tent oh isreal
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by M17: 2:08am On Feb 23, 2012
I KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT FOR TOO LONG NOW . I WAS TRYING NOT TO GET INVOLVE IN THIS THREAD , IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION TO DISRESPECT ANY ETHNIC GROUP IN NIGERIA BUT SEEN HOW MUCH HATRED THIS SO CALLED ANIMALS CALLED YORUBA RACE ,YOU WONDER WHY THERE IS SO MUCH HATE FROM THIS UGLY LOOKING BLACK SEAL . YORUBAS ARE INDEED VERY UGLY AND VERY DIRTY PEOPLE .COWARD NATURE ,I KNEW WHOLE BUNCH OF THESE UGLY LOOKING CLOWN'S HERE IN USA , I KNEW HOW TO HANDLE THEM ,THIS GUY'S GOT NATURAL HATRED ON IGBO'S EVEN AMERICAN CAN NOTICE THIS HATE COMING FROM OUR SO CALLED FELLOW UGLY LOOKING AFRICAN BRETHREN . THE VAST MAJORITY OF THEIR UGLY LOOKING WOMAN IN AMERICAN GOT NO MAN TALKING TO THEM BECAUSE YORUBAS ARE TRUE LIVING UGLY I SWEAR . THEY RESORTED IN HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST IGBO'S I'VE BEEN KNEW SINCE WHEN I WAS BORN TO SECURE AND TRUST FOREIGNERS THAN TO IDENTIFY WITH VAST PREHISTORIC HUMANOID [THE VISITORS] THE ALIEN'S KNOWN AS YORUBAS . YOU JUST OPEN UP A TOPIC JUST TO BASH IGBO'S . YORUBAS ARE ANIMALS WHO ARE BETTER THAN THE HAUSA/FULANI IN EVOLUTION . ORANGUTAN'S . APES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by aljharem(m): 2:11am On Feb 23, 2012
M-16:

I KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT FOR TOO LONG NOW . I WAS TRYING NOT TO GET INVOLVE IN THIS THREAD , IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION TO DISRESPECT ANY ETHNIC GROUP IN NIGERIA BUT SEEN HOW MUCH HATRED THIS SO CALLED ANIMALS CALLED YORUBA RACE ,YOU WONDER WHY THERE IS SO MUCH HATE FROM THIS UGLY LOOKING BLACK SEAL . YORUBAS ARE INDEED VERY UGLY AND VERY DIRTY PEOPLE .COWARD NATURE ,I KNEW WHOLE BUNCH OF THESE UGLY LOOKING CLOWN'S HERE IN USA , I KNEW HOW TO HANDLE THEM ,THIS GUY'S GOT NATURAL HATRED ON IGBO'S EVEN AMERICAN CAN NOTICE THIS HATE COMING FROM OUR SO CALLED FELLOW UGLY LOOKING AFRICAN BRETHREN . THE VAST MAJORITY OF THEIR UGLY LOOKING WOMAN IN AMERICAN GOT NO MAN TALKING TO THEM BECAUSE YORUBAS ARE TRUE LIVING UGLY I SWEAR . THEY RESORTED IN HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST IGBO'S I'VE BEEN KNEW SINCE WHEN I WAS BORN TO SECURE AND TRUST FOREIGNERS THAN TO IDENTIFY WITH VAST PREHISTORIC HUMANOID [THE VISITORS] THE ALIEN'S KNOWN AS YORUBAS . YOU JUST OPEN UP A TOPIC JUST TO BASH IGBO'S . YORUBAS ARE ANIMALS WHO ARE BETTER THAN THE HAUSA/FULANI IN EVOLUTION . ORANGUTAN'S . APES

Na wa ooo !!!!!!

calm down biko my brother cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Adjusts Metuh’s Bail Condition / Obaseki Appreciates Edo People On The Street After Inauguration / Senator Omo-agege And Wife Escape Assassination Attempt, Brother Shot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.