Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. (22038 Views)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / He/she Is 'just A Friend'.12 Signs Of An Emotional Infidelity / Ten-Year-Old Gives Birth To Baby Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by queend: 3:45pm On Jan 29, 2012
Chioma pls call me now, I can help you. Your story kept me crying for hours. Its a pity that Ngerian's are all talk and no action.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by r231(m): 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2012
Drama Drama Drama

Listen baby mama, all this people giving you emails, phone numbers and stuff. If you are not careful with who you deal with, you will lose that kid forever cus its like you are not thinking with your brain again.

Like serious you need to give a kid out by 4pm undecided undecided undecided when its not a sofa or fridge or even a used car

With all the rituals and stuff going on in Nigeria this days
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 29, 2012
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Ivynwa(f): 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2012
She needs to go home but the fear of of facing her parents may be too much for her.
If she has 2 or 3 adults accompanying her home to help talk to her parents it might make it a bit
easier for her which is why I suggested that she be supported with 2 or 3 nairaland volunteers that

reside in the area her parents live. The change I am advocating for is that we help make others
begin to face and accept these things and not despise women and the children that result from this
when they eventually happen in.

Chiomamd don't do something in a rush and end up making mistake, school is important----Yes
Your child is important too. There are somethings that are better faced instead of wasting time
dreading them. This is huge girl, don't be more concerned about putting some people in school in
trouble with your parents. Please don't do anything wrong now that you are being
coerced to go home
, you've been strong so far and going home is the best thing to do after all.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2012
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Ivynwa(f): 6:39pm On Jan 29, 2012
ftmom:

Maybe deferring her studies for hose 6 months could work too?

If she can't independently cater for that baby while in school, I strongly advise involving her parents. CC already said go to them with other family members and I agree they would have more influence than strangers from Nland however if Nland peeps are willing to accompany her, then please go with her. The situation sounds desperate.

Family members accompanying her is equally good. If she has some aunty or granny that she is close to, she can go to them and have them help break the news to her parents. Gosh, I am imagining how she must be feeling. Hugs to you girl, be strong you've been through a greater part of it already.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by sweetcocoa(f): 6:51pm On Jan 29, 2012
Hah see another version o,"Betrothed" ke?hmm.

Chioma please take baby dessy home to your parents,at this rate you would do something you may end up regretting later,please think about dessy for God's sakes.

To the person saying nigerians are all talk and no action,in your mind you think just dropping your digits and asking her to call you makes you better than all on this thread trying to help?abeg make we hear word.mscheeew.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nekai(f): 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2012
Mr Siena we are in agreement that the ideal solution to this problem is to involve her parents asap. However, my previous suggestion was based on an alternate solution since she was dead set against doing so. She may be in a very selfish state of mind but people who commit suicide are in the most selfish state imaginable and they often can't see past their own misery. Also, many babies are dumped like trash because of fear. In her initial post (now erased) she was sounding like she was on the brink of doing something very scary. A temporary home was looking like the best solution compared to what she was initially contemplating. I stand by my assertion that it is not illegal to "hide" your own child from your parents, whether they support you or not. Just as I don't think that she would need their permission to put the child for adoption at her age of 24. I was all for a well thought out solution that would place the baby in a safe environment since she was adamant about not involving her parents (she can't be forced anyway), but I changed my mind based on the fact that there is no mature, well thought out plan of action that would involve finding a safe place in a matter of hours.

Chiomamb I really hope you decided to do the best thing for your daughter and go to your parents.
Please, please don't leave her just to take some exams. School will always be there, but you can't take it back if this innocent baby is harmed by strangers. If you are thinking in any way of harming yourself or your baby please reach out to someone. You have made contacts here so please talk to someone if you are thinking anything along those lines.

Maybe you can go to your grandparents first as others have suggested. Let your grandparents present the baby to your parents.

I'm praying for you and your family.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Idowuogbo(f): 7:07pm On Jan 29, 2012
sweetcocoa:

To the person saying nigerians are all talk and no action,in your mind you think just dropping your digits and asking her to call you makes you better than all on this thread trying to help?abeg make we hear word.mscheeew.
Babe u dey mind dat ragga muffin excrembe,u no see as d mouth wide like d whole off Ghana population.How person go enter dey claim superstar,for all we no na shrine she fit base.Chioma u berra no go dial babalawo mobile u were warned oooo hmmmmM
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ifyalways(f): 7:27pm On Jan 29, 2012
The whole thing got messed up when Chioma decided to chase her school fees(?) as opposed to sorting out the childs welfare first. . .which is why some of us got involved in the first instance.

Mutter's lawyer friend established that the welfare can't attend to her without involving atleast an adult member of her family,not necessarily the parents,Rev George said same thing and both parties were willing to go all the way with her before things got . . .

For the sake of the baby,OP,the option of helping you deal with welfare,an adult member of your family and getting a reputable home for your child is still open however,I won't want to have anything to do with "school fees".I am an sms away.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2012
ifyalways:

Mutter's lawyer friend established that the welfare can't attend to her without involving atleast an adult member of his family,not necessarily the parents,Rev George said thing and both parties were willing to go all the way with her before things got . . .

Pretty much what I thought.

I too am willing to render aid to the baby and her welfare, not tuition fees. Tuition is an option, a baby's welfare is paramount.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by queensmith: 7:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
We'll see if chioma is actually a student of anywhere and not a young girl that ran away from home to deliver a baby and came to nl to give u guys stories.
Has she dropped the baby by 4pm now? Girl is beggining to sound like a scammer lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by sweetcocoa(f): 7:51pm On Jan 29, 2012
^^just imagine the boldness,she just pissed me off,at the end na scammer she go turn out to be,rubbish.
Idowuogbo:

Babe u dey mind dat ragga muffin excrembe,u no see as d mouth wide like d whole off Ghana population.How person go enter dey claim superstar,for all we no na shrine she fit base.Chioma u berra no go dial babalawo mobile u were warned oooo hmmmmM
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 29, 2012
Chiomamb:

@Nekai
Check ur inbox.I have 2 be in school by 4pm today or i am going to be in serious trouble

I didn't realise you'd even placed a time you had to be back in school. We're talking an innocent life here, and you're making it sound like you're looking for space to store goods! Is your education prioritised over the welfare of your baby?

Chioma, you need to get your priorities right!
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by OAM4J: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2012
Lord have mercy! Speechless!
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2012
Certainly one might be tempted to think that that a woman at that age can just give up her child for adoption without involving anyone else but them:
after deliver  woman may not take rational decisions because of her state of mind, post natal depression etc.
What about the father of the child, does he no longer have a right to accept his child. in this case as far as I am concerned if there is a betrothed, how on earth did she come about wanting to give the child for adoption. It would have been very easy for the man to take the baby to his family.
in this case too because the mother has been irrational from the unset (not meant as critic) It would be far to assume that one should not go into any arrangements with her alone.
As far as the issue of school fees is concerned the parents have not yet declined to pay for the fees.

Chioma you might wish to open up to us and let us know what really is going on, and how on earth can you be betrothed to a man who is not in any way involved in this issue?
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by bigbumper(f): 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2012
jennykadry:

BB, so the bethrothed(parents choice) is the father of the baby? If so, the parents shouldn't have probs with her or the child

maclatunji:

This story is more complex than any Soap Opera I will ever watch. Big Bumper are you saying the baby is a product of Chioma's liason with a man her parents forbade her to see?

Forbidden liason with an unapproved fiance, so going to parent would mean more than the issue on the ground. . .besides it goes to reason that if baby goes to his side, his parents might not wanna give her back and slam the door on whomever wants to come and reclaim the baby, which might make Chioma's family throw a stinker . . .

Shame and sad that some people were privy to this information, yet pulled the rug from under her feet at the last minute, only bothered about their overbloated egos and the tears they were shedding cos they wanted to find out how someone else got her contact details. . . God pass all of them. . . and they are now pretending and acting shocked seeing the time constraint, as if she just came to open the thread today, and not since last week, mschewww. 5days old baby+thread opened last week=12 days oh, and I bet this is not inclusive.

And see them trying to paint the poor hapless girl greedy, saying they will not donate as if i was not the one that made reference to helping out financially with the baby. . . and as if when i made the plea, they are the only one that make up the whole population of Nairalanders, argghhhhhh. (((Arghhhhhh my blood is boiling))) Who comes out to voice out and say they will not donate! Who does this in a civilised society! How crass and vain and backward and full of oneself can one get, ARE THEY GOD!!! dang, na wa.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Ivynwa(f): 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2012
mutter:

-----------------Chioma you might wish to open up to us and let us know what really is going on, and how on earth can you be betrothed to a man who is not in any way involved in this issue?

Betrothed?  lipsrsealed
I hope whoever does the betrothing has a remedy for unbetrothing.
If she is betrothed that may be the other side of her fears to break the news home.
Look girlie, you can't cover this you know, there is no way your parents won't find out.
If you even succeed in hiding her till the end of six months, they may find out before that time.

What logic is in betrothing a woman when she grows up to follow the man after her heart??
Where is even the man behind this whole issue, doesn't he have a heart to help and support you through this?
Why does it have to be a woman going thru the ugly side of it, going through the frustration, getting despised etc?
Just one of the many issues in our society where women are unfairly treated which I detest much.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by armyofone(m): 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2012
Okay.

anyway, you've got the best people to help pacify your parents.

not too late, common here and let us know if you want some top people go with you to your parents and i'm sure something can be worked out.

Chioma, where are you? Oya, bia bia.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by armyofone(m): 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2012
BB, thanks for clarifying. I think she should take responsibility at this stage.

she should get some pple like the Rev and Mutter lawyer's friend talk to her parents. whatever the outcome, so be it.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by DrummaBoy(m): 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2012
Interesting so far.

I support a meeting with the parents. What has been done; is done. That child is their child now whether they like it or not. Blood is thicker than water. And I think Chioma is just been unnecessarily apprehensive, she may be surprised to see the support she will get from her parent.

Let see how it goes; you have my prayers.

By the way, why is it that it is mostly ladies commenting on this thread. Men, where is the milk of human kindness now?!
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ifyalways(f): 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2012
I called Chioma now and she said "it's all sorted out,someone has volunteered to help keep the baby"

I know "this sudden" help she said she's got is as illegal as they come but she's an adult and capable of making her own decisions.

And just for the records,I'm not privy to any "bethrothed or not" twist to this whole drama.I have never even asked her about the father of the child,she never told me either.

We pray and hope the baby would be and remain safe wherever she's been taken to now.Amin
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by pslm23(f): 10:02pm On Jan 29, 2012
I pray she does the right thing. My fear is that she might feel desperate now and truly abandoned and do something foolish
I thought we were all for being our brothers keeper,
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by bigbumper(f): 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2012
armyofone:

BB, thanks for clarifying. I think she should take responsibility at this stage.

she should get some pple like the Rev and Mutter lawyer's friend talk to her parents. whatever the outcome, so be it.

Well when i was suggesting earlier that we suggest ways to tell her parents, some people were telling me i don't know how some wicked Nigerian parents are and babies don't move some of them, and even Freecocoa chipped in a story which left me struggling to pick up my jaw from the floor.

This is Nigerian parents we are talking about na, where majority of children (even grown arsed ones, lol) still would not go against their wishes and if they say don't marry that guy, you have no choice because one still needs their blessings and allsorts.

Dunno why, but I sense triplets on someone. . .3 in one go is a lot, but children are a gift from God and so shall it be in Jesus' name, amen cool
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by OAM4J: 10:24pm On Jan 29, 2012
big_bumper:

Forbidden liason with an unapproved fiance, so going to parent would mean more than the issue on the ground. . .besides it goes to reason that if baby goes to his side, his parents might not wanna give her back and slam the door on whomever wants to come and reclaim the baby, which might make Chioma's family throw a stinker . . .

Shame and sad that some people were privy to this information, yet pulled the rug from under her feet at the last minute, only bothered about their overbloated egos and the tears they were shedding cos they wanted to find out how someone else got her contact details. . . God pass all of them. . . and they are now pretending and acting shocked seeing the time constraint, as if she just came to open the thread today, and not since last week, mschewww. 5days old baby+thread opened last week=12 days oh, and I bet this is not inclusive.

And see them trying to paint the poor hapless girl greedy, saying they will not donate as if i was not the one that made reference to helping out financially with the baby. . . and as if when i made the plea, they are the only one that make up the whole population of Nairalanders, argghhhhhh. (((Arghhhhhh my blood is boiling))) Who comes out to voice out and say they will not donate! Who does this in a civilised society! How crass and vain and backward and full of oneself can one get, ARE THEY GOD!!! dang, na wa.

And your continuous over flogging the beef and the issue does not help her case either.

Anyways, she has sorted herself out. My heart goes out to the child. I pray God keep and be with her wherever she is now.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by bigbumper(f): 10:26pm On Jan 29, 2012
OAM4J:

And your continuous over flogging the beef and the issue does not help her case either.

Anyways, she has sorted herself out. My heart goes out to the child. I pray God keep and be with her wherever she is now.

Overflogging what!!! Responding to a post within minutes is overflogging where you come from huh! Are you sure you are alright!!! Just asking nicely is all cool

By the way, "my opinion" however contrary it might sound is modelled on your signature so kindly hop off my tip biko cool
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by moremi2008(m): 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2012
See how a simple case of charity turned into a slug-fest for egomaniacs, empty barrels and misguided moralists?! I have never seen a situation this terrible in all my life. Chioma runs on here pleading for help and all these people come out of the woodwork asking her to involve her parents, as if they have some information about her parents that Chioma herself doesn't have or as if they can love her daughter or care for her more than she can. What kind of ego or conceit feeds these attitudes? Why should true charitable donations come with conditions, commas, semi-colons, insubordinate clauses, modifying phrases and all manner of addenda? Why do we see our charitable contributions as opportunities to control and manipulate those in need? Na wa oh!

To be honest, I initially thought Big-Bumper was going on and on earlier in the thread because her feelings were hurt  and her intentions were misconstrued but I now see that she was the only one with a genuine interest in helping in the first place. Shame on the rest of you! Throwing out toys from your prams while a desperate young woman cowers in some BQ with an infant she can barely feed.

I hope Chioma and her baby are now safe. Chioma, may God strengthen you over the next few months as you write your final exams! I hope you find a good job immediately after graduation and are able to take back your baby as soon as possible.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by OAM4J: 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2012
moremi2008:

See how a simple case of charity turned into a slug-fest for egomaniacs, empty barrels and misguided moralists?! I have never seen a situation this terrible in all my life. Chioma runs on here pleading for help and all these people come out of the woodwork asking her to involve her parents, as if they have some information about her parents that Chioma herself doesn't have or as if they can love her daughter or care for her more than she can. What kind of ego or conceit feeds these attitudes? Why should true charitable donations come with conditions, commas, semi-colons, insubordinate clauses, modifying phrases and all manner of addenda? Why do we see our charitable contributions as opportunities to control and manipulate those in need? Na wa oh!

To be honest, I initially thought Big-Bumper was going on and on earlier in the thread because her feelings were hurt  and her intentions were misconstrued but I now see that she was the only one with a genuine interest in helping in the first place. Shame on the rest of you! Throwing out toys from your prams while a desperate young woman cowers in some BQ with an infant she can barely feed.

I hope Chioma and her baby are now safe. Chioma, may God strengthen you over the next few months as you write your final exams! I hope you find a good job immediately after graduation and are able to take back your baby as soon as possible.

It is unfair for you to sit down at the comfort of your house and judge others who at least made effort to help. They called, they gave their time and money and visited. The question is what did you do to help that suddenly made you more catholic than pope?
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Idowuogbo(f): 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2012
moremi2008:

Mr bag of chips now dat statement wasn't cute,shame on you for jumping into conclusions.I will still back Ify regardless of wot any1 thinks,she was d first to see mother and child.Ify had to fly to edo d next day after seeing Chioma to take on anoda charity project,common d woman genuinely wanted to help.I am still taking as to how far she is willing to help chioma even after all d mistrust issues and d shots fired @ her,her latest post of leaving d doors open for d sake of destiny goes to show she has a heart.Now u saying big-bumper was d only willing to help goes to show how we Nigerians judge issues,ur commentary should be sent to recycle no offence.

@oam4
Bless u jare buda jus dey jabo msteeew angry
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by queensmith: 10:57pm On Jan 29, 2012
They really do need to legalize abortion in that country, this case is striking, but my attention is now shifting to the 'chiomas' of Nigeria that don't have parents or blackberrys.
Or education
Sometimes not even a choice, tis a big shame really.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by maclatunji: 10:59pm On Jan 29, 2012
This thread is tragiComic, you guys have me laughing amongst people who are wondering what is wrong with me.  I wish the baby the best although I think her mother has made a mistake by not taking her to her grandparents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Mother Accuses Soldiers Of Stomping 20-month-old Baby To Death In Delta (pic) / Rev Felix Ikejimba And His Wife Welcome Twins After 8 Years Of Waiting / Mother Of Quintuplets Stranded In Hospital. Incurs N3.7million Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.