Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? (42548 Views)

The Wife Of Audi Abubakar, The APC Flag Bearer Of Kogi! More Stunning Than Lara! / Hamisu Abubakar, The Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In FCT / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by namfav(m): 2:13pm On Jan 25, 2012
how long auntil they call him a 'financier' and 'sympathiser'? i give it 5 months top
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Ejine(m): 2:14pm On Jan 25, 2012
I pray it's true o! That Ringim was no Police general. . . Just an office holder.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2012
namfav:

how long auntil they call him a 'financier' and 'sympathiser'? i give it 5 months top

If he doesn't do his job well and go after the bad guys. For now, we are giving him benefit of the doubt. Thank you cool.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2012
Another hausa man, more Boko harams in the police cry
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2012
Not a day too soon.
Off to do some research on Abubakar.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by nasty45(m): 2:20pm On Jan 25, 2012
@olodostein i dont giv a f.u.ck abt his past records.watch as much wil b unveiled abt this man.i trust nairalanders,i know we have genius who knows their onion to come out wit facts.yeah he was d c.p of both states
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Joey82(m): 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2012
i dont trust this abubakar jare. He was twice indicted by the jos panel with regards crisis in plateau state. in fact a recomendation was made for his retirement on sack in case he refused to retire. For me, he is an extremist muslim and as far as i can tell, his appointment may compound the situation.

http://pointblanknews.com/new/exclusive/3525-indicted-aig-md-abubakar-may-replace-ringim.html
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Osama10(m): 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2012
If true good.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2012
nasty45:

@olodostein i dont giv a f.u.ck abt his past records.watch as much wil b unveiled abt this man.i trust nairalanders,i know we have genius who knows their onion to come out wit facts.yeah he was d c.p of both states

I don't understand your point bro. Make your case much clearer cool.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by jikjimmy: 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2012
MD Abubakar is a renowed religious bigot.He masterminded d killing of christians in Jos in 2001 wen he ws d CP there and he was indicted by Justice Niki Tobi's commission 4 dt.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by babaowo: 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2012
Nigerians with doubble mouth!!!
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Goddex: 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Not a day too soon.
Off to do some research on Abubakar.

Below is what I gathered about him.

[b]The Justice Niki Tobi panel on the Jos 2001 crisis has recommended the retirement of Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG), Zone 5, Muhammed Abubakar.

Abubakar was Plateau State Commissioner of Police during the ciris.

The panel was constituted by former Governor Joshua Dariye to look into the September 7, 2001 crisis. Since it concluded its sitting, its report was not made public until yesterday.

In a White Paper released in Jos, the state capital yesterday, the panel suggested that Abubakar should be dismissed if he refuses to retire.

The panel said: "Religious fanatics should not be posted to head state police commands. The commission recommends that for his ignoble role during the September 2001 crisis which resulted in the loss of lives, the former Commissioner of Police, Plateau State Command, Alhaji M.D. Abubakar, be advised to retire from the Nigeria Police Force and in the event of his refusal to do so, he should be dismissed from the service."

It recommended that the Hausa/Fulani should be encouraged to discuss with other communities and "accept the ownership of Jos by the Ajizere, Anaguta and Berom".

"Anything short of that will not make for peace", the panel added.

It noted: "The non-implementation by government of the report of previous commissions of enquiries and in particular the report of the commission of enquiry into the riots of April 12, 1994 in Jos metropolis (the main features of which are very similar to the September 2001 civil disturbances) is a sure recipe for a repeat performance of such disturbances".

The government also released a White Paper on the Justice Aribiton Fibersima panel on the Jos 1994 crisis. The panel investigated the April 1994 Jos crisis.

Its report said: "There was strong and convincing evidence before the commission that: on April 11, 1994, just a day before the fateful day, Alhaji Yaya Aga Abubakar, the President of Jasawa Development Association, in the company of Alhaji Aminu Mato’s younger brother, Sanusi Mato, held a meeting at Masallaci Juma at Jos with the Jasawa community during which they resolved to carry out a demonstration the following day.

"So, Yaya Abubakar and Sanusi Mato were directly connected with riots. They were the leaders of the insurrection that brought disaster and shame to Jos metropolis, to Plateau State and to Nigeria, that brought death and destruction of lives and properties".

"A recurrent friction for many years between the Berom, Anaguta and Afizere on the one hand and the Hausa/Fulani tribe on the other hand is the remote cause of the riots. Each part of lays claim to Jos."

The report urged the government "to spread its intelligence gathering network far and wide to cover all individuals and organisations (such as religious, cultural, and social organisations) that could be potentially dangerous to peace and order."[/b]
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 25, 2012
@Goddex,

Oh dear!
Such an uninspiring appointee angry
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by lakesider(m): 2:33pm On Jan 25, 2012
That's what is xpected of GEJ
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Pennywise(m): 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2012
Deeper, deeper. Nigeria just keeps on sinking
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Kolababa: 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2012
Wait a moment b4 we jubilate. Is he not the man indicted by Justice Niki Tobi on Jos crisis that was aiding the muslim fanatics in Jos.
Pls go and look at Justice Niki Tobi's report on Jos Crisis set up by Dariye bF you start pouring encomium on MD Abubakar.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by agog: 2:36pm On Jan 25, 2012
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/ringim-replaced

at last, ringim out of shame tendered his retirement letter.
grin grin
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by oderemo(m): 2:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
The panel was constituted by former Governor Joshua Dariye to look into the September 7, 2001 crisis. Since it concluded its sitting, its report was not made public until yesterday
i laugh in pakistani, is it not that thiefing governor constituting a panel against him, dariye for all know is one person that should be in jail, but not so cos this is nigeria.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by agog: 2:45pm On Jan 25, 2012
NNPC senior staff to remain unpaid till April
They haven’t been paid salaries since December
Article | January 24, 2012 - 4:32pm | By Patience Ogbo
Senior staff of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) have been informed that they will not be paid their salaries until April.

The senior members of staff have been expecting the management to pay their December salary and 13th month allowance but were shocked when, during a management meeting on Monday, they were told that NNPC is broke and cannot pay them until end of March 2012.

A senior staff, who requested anonymity, said the management appealed to them to keep the issue a secret, especially from the press.

"This cannot work because we have to explain to our wives why we cannot provide money for house keeping, this is the beginning of a new school session and we are expected to pay our children fee so hiding it as the management requested is not possible,” the source said.

“It is very sad that a top government agency like the NNPC will be broke and unable to pay salaries nobody will believe it but it is the truth.”

Investigation further revealed that the management is sourcing for funds to pay the junior staff so as to avoid any harassment and strike from the junior workers.

"You know that the junior staff will not be understanding so that is why the management is sourcing for fund to pay them because they believe that the senior staff can bear the situation better than the senior staff."

It was also gathered that the staff members, in a bid to make ends meet, have resorted to petty business while at work.

A pregnant woman who visited the NNPC hospital at Victoria Island for her maternity check up last week said pregnant women had to wait endlessly in a queue as the nurse attending to them was busy selling air fresher and perfume .

"I went to the NNPC hospital as early as early as 9.00am last week Thursday but I could not leave until evening as the queue was too long. And when it was finally my turn to see the nurse, I was surprised that the nurse was busy selling perfume and air freshener, so that was what delaying us outside. I had to buy her air freshener before she will attend to me, so the situation is terrible."

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/nnpc-senior-staff-remain-unpaid-till-april
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by geezville(m): 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2012
more evidence that GEJ may be getting advice from very wrong places
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by executinal(m): 2:48pm On Jan 25, 2012
[size=30pt]NIGERIA SECURITY CHALLENGES IS BEYOND I.G, SOLUTION BREAK UP THE SILLY COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA[/size]
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by humblebee: 2:48pm On Jan 25, 2012
the same M.D ABUBAKAR along side ZAKARI BIU that allegedly framed nadeco activists and was involved in bomb that led to the death of Dr.  Sola Omatsola(Lagos Airport CSO). Despite protests from the then Lagos CP Tsav.
SP Nuhu Ribadu was police prosecutor then at Alagbon and he was willing to testify against it at oputa panel

We seem to forget past events easily and this further shows that Jonathan is clueless
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
If true, then I must say I saw it coming. MD Abubakar is probably the most charming and likable policeman I've ever known in my entire life. A PR guru that knows how to maximise media attention on his good work. I remember his spell as CP of Lagos with much fondness. I am truly happy for him and I pray HARD that he succeeds against all odds. Great guy he is.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by hardeyincah(m): 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2012
after u register, go back to ur email and activate ur account, its real ooo o o.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by otokx(m): 2:55pm On Jan 25, 2012
Oh well, let us see what this one has to offer.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by akinnux(m): 2:58pm On Jan 25, 2012
What is all this I am hearing about appointing an indicted officer as the new IGP. If it is true then the President has goofed again.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by dealordea(m): 3:00pm On Jan 25, 2012
Now I dey expect the new bombshell wey go hit police HQ!! Count down start now
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by cold(m): 3:02pm On Jan 25, 2012
The same MD Abubakar that was indicted by the Nikki Tobi panel on the Jos Riots?The same MD Abubakar that was accused of complicity in the gruesome murder of Dr Shola Omoshola & was recommended for a sack by the Oputa panel?Wahala dey o!We dey watch
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Exponental(m): 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2012
the man who got a national award 2months ago and meant to retire in 2months time.
SACKED!
Wat justified d award if not meant to retire after attaining 35yrs of service.
Just 2 months.

[size=28pt]JONA DON VEX OOO![/size]
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by IYANGBALI: 3:07pm On Jan 25, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,my hand no dey for this one o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

33 Suppliers Of Foodstuffs To Boko Haram Arrested (Photos) / "My Eyes Do Most Of The Talking" - Kiki Osinbajo Stuns In New Makeup Photo / Sowore, Dasuki: Timi Frank Thanks USA, Says America True Police Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.