Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? (42529 Views)

The Wife Of Audi Abubakar, The APC Flag Bearer Of Kogi! More Stunning Than Lara! / Hamisu Abubakar, The Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In FCT / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by MissEZ(f): 3:08pm On Jan 25, 2012
OMG. if this is true, then this is a good development. The man is very kind and humble, but he does not stand for nonsense. I hope this job will not mess up his good reputation as INEC messed up Jega's. There are good men out there, but the system makes it difficult for people like them to work effectively.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by MAYOWAAK: 3:08pm On Jan 25, 2012
assetstrap:

Is'nt this the same guy that was indicted over the Jos crises?

Niki Tobel Panel in 2001 recommended that NEW IG OF POLICE MD Abubakar be removed from police because of alledged complicity in Jos crisis
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by MissEZ(f): 3:10pm On Jan 25, 2012
OMG. if this is true, then this is a good development. The man is very kind and humble, but he does not stand for nonsense. I hope this job will not mess up his good reputation as INEC messed up Jega's. There are good men out there, but the system makes it difficult for people like them to work effectively.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by nastydamus(m): 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2012
Since the presidency is feeling in an active mood, can we be pleasured a little more by having his national award withdrawn or nullified or rescinded or something along that line?
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Mkpotu(m): 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2012
MD Abubakar, the much I know him and my interaction with him for atleast one year, he is a seasoned gentleman, disciplinarian, intelligent, smart & clean as opposed to most Nigerian policemen. He is not corrupt as per the much I know him and any where he works, there is this fear of his person.

But, I heard that when he was in Jos, he was indicted by one of the panels set of to investigate the crises in Jos in 2001.

Guess we can watch him from that angle.

Anyway congrats my Oga!!!
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Gbawe: 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2012
cold:

The same MD Abubakar that was indicted by the Nikki Tobi panel on the Jos Riots?The same MD Abubakar that was accused of complicity in the gruesome murder of Dr Shola Omoshola & was recommended for a sack by the Oputa panel?Wahala dey o!We dey watch

It seems so.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/36621/1/Jos-crisis-panel-recommends-Police-chief-Abubakar-for-retirement/Page1.html

Jos crisis panel recommends Police chief Abubakar for retirement

By Pam Ayuba
   Published 17/02/2010

The Justice Niki Tobi panel on the Jos 2001 crisis has recommended the retirement of Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG), Zone 5, Muhammed Abubakar.

Abubakar was Plateau State Commissioner of Police during the ciris.

The panel was constituted by former Governor Joshua Dariye to look into the September 7, 2001 crisis. Since it concluded its sitting, its report was not made public until yesterday.

In a White Paper released in Jos, the state capital yesterday, the panel suggested that Abubakar should be dismissed if he refuses to retire.

The panel said: "Religious fanatics should not be posted to head state police commands. The commission recommends that for his ignoble role during the September 2001 crisis which resulted in the loss of lives, the former Commissioner of Police, Plateau State Command, Alhaji M.D. Abubakar, be advised to retire from the Nigeria Police Force and in the event of his refusal to do so, he should be dismissed from the service."

It recommended that the Hausa/Fulani should be encouraged to discuss with other communities and "accept the ownership of Jos by the Ajizere, Anaguta and Berom".

"Anything short of that will not make for peace", the panel added.

It noted: "The non-implementation by government of the report of previous commissions of enquiries and in particular the report of the commission of enquiry into the riots of April 12, 1994 in Jos metropolis (the main features of which are very similar to the September 2001 civil disturbances) is a sure recipe for a repeat performance of such disturbances".

The government also released a White Paper on the Justice Aribiton Fibersima panel on the Jos 1994 crisis. The panel investigated the April 1994 Jos crisis.

Its report said: "There was strong and convincing evidence before the commission that: on April 11, 1994, just a day before the fateful day, Alhaji Yaya Aga Abubakar, the President of Jasawa Development Association, in the company of Alhaji Aminu Mato’s younger brother, Sanusi Mato, held a meeting at Masallaci Juma at Jos with the Jasawa community during which they resolved to carry out a demonstration the following day.

"So, Yaya Abubakar and Sanusi Mato were directly connected with riots. They were the leaders of the insurrection that brought disaster and shame to Jos metropolis, to Plateau State and to Nigeria, that brought death and destruction of lives and properties".

"A recurrent friction for many years between the Berom, Anaguta and Afizere on the one hand and the Hausa/Fulani tribe on the other hand is the remote cause of the riots. Each part of lays claim to Jos."

The report urged the government "to spread its intelligence gathering network far and wide to cover all individuals and organisations (such as religious, cultural, and social organisations) that could be potentially dangerous to peace and order."
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by dealordea(m): 3:17pm On Jan 25, 2012
I know say one day one day, cow will go london and return as beef!!! All this corruptions will be over
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by DDN: 3:20pm On Jan 25, 2012
U MUST READ THIS______________

The Justice Niki Tobi panel on the Jos 2001 crisis has recommended the retirement of Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG), Zone 5, Muhammed Abubakar.

Abubakar was Plateau State Commissioner of Police during the ciris.

The panel was constituted by former Governor Joshua Dariye to look into the September 7, 2001 crisis. Since it concluded its sitting, its report was not made public until yesterday.

In a White Paper released in Jos, the state capital yesterday, the panel suggested that Abubakar should be dismissed if he refuses to retire.

The panel said: "Religious fanatics should not be posted to head state police commands. The commission recommends that for his ignoble role during the September 2001 crisis which resulted in the loss of lives, the former Commissioner of Police, Plateau State Command, Alhaji M.D. Abubakar, be advised to retire from the Nigeria Police Force and in the event of his refusal to do so, he should be dismissed from the service."

It recommended that the Hausa/Fulani should be encouraged to discuss with other communities and "accept the ownership of Jos by the Ajizere, Anaguta and Berom".

"Anything short of that will not make for peace", the panel added.

It noted: "The non-implementation by government of the report of previous commissions of enquiries and in particular the report of the commission of enquiry into the riots of April 12, 1994 in Jos metropolis (the main features of which are very similar to the September 2001 civil disturbances) is a sure recipe for a repeat performance of such disturbances".

The government also released a White Paper on the Justice Aribiton Fibersima panel on the Jos 1994 crisis. The panel investigated the April 1994 Jos crisis.

Its report said: "There was strong and convincing evidence before the commission that: on April 11, 1994, just a day before the fateful day, Alhaji Yaya Aga Abubakar, the President of Jasawa Development Association, in the company of Alhaji Aminu Mato’s younger brother, Sanusi Mato, held a meeting at Masallaci Juma at Jos with the Jasawa community during which they resolved to carry out a demonstration the following day.

"So, Yaya Abubakar and Sanusi Mato were directly connected with riots. They were the leaders of the insurrection that brought disaster and shame to Jos metropolis, to Plateau State and to Nigeria, that brought death and destruction of lives and properties".

"A recurrent friction for many years between the Berom, Anaguta and Afizere on the one hand and the Hausa/Fulani tribe on the other hand is the remote cause of the riots. Each part of lays claim to Jos."

The report urged the government "to spread its intelligence gathering network far and wide to cover all individuals and organisations (such as religious, cultural, and social organisations) that could be potentially dangerous to peace and order."
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2012
Why did President Jonathan appoint sum1 indicted for complicity in ethno-religious chrisis? Is the president really in control of the country? Hmmm, don't be suprised if KB SHOKOTO IS SUDDENLY REARRESTED. It's a game of chess. Pray that ur life is not being played with it.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by initstime: 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2012
[size=14pt]Op this is not a recycle of Korruption  ruck. A thorough examination on this man background and history need be carried b4 we reward sack with promotion.[/size]
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 25, 2012
ignis:
With the situation of things on ground in this country, I think we need a christian as the new IGP,  Cos 90% of muslims in Nigeria are in support of boko haram. You never can tell. Take it or leave it.

I thought stu*pidity was no longer in vogue so how come you are still dressed all up in it?
People like you are so shallow and ignorant to issues that you can never to without bring sentiments into ethnic and religious issues.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by sirjec(m): 3:27pm On Jan 25, 2012
But this same guy was indicted by Oputa panel which also recommended his sack. Are we recycling bad eggs?
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by auwal87(m): 3:27pm On Jan 25, 2012
Let's just hope he is not another JEGA in the making undecided
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by omo9ja1(m): 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2012
Good news I guess, another ribadu in disguise
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by richpitt(m): 3:33pm On Jan 25, 2012
I doubt this has being a good one has news have it that this M.D has once been indicted in some killings in the past,

http://pointblanknews.com/new/exclusive/3525-indicted-aig-md-abubakar-may-replace-ringim.html
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by mrOops: 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2012
He strong, he firm, e head they there, oh yeah abi? he might as well become another puppets
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by henrysam(m): 3:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
The summary of it all is there is no good person for IGP again in our police force. Make we manage this one as he get small better record as being claimed by majority of the pple. If he was truly bad in Jos as per Nikky Tobi, i belive the God we serve will punish him for that separately. I rest my case.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by boles80sg(m): 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2012
AIG MD Abubakar is now IG of Police as Ringim tenders resignation letter *Note*Abubakar and Zakari Bui were alleged 2b involved in d Abacha bomb dat killed Late Dr Omoshola @d Lagos airport
Md Abubakar n Zakari Bui FRAMED NADECO activist in airport Bombing SP Nuhu Ribadu was d prosecutor then (alagbon).d same people wit bad records kips comin bck,
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by forkadict(m): 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2012
Why the fork can we not get simple things right in this country? I am so sick and tired of this odechukwu retardeen president. You sacked someone for gross incompetence (My assumption) only to further complicate issues by appointing someone who has been indicted by a panel in the past? Why the fork cant you appoint someone that's devoid of any complications whatsoever? Or is Jona trying to tell me that no such persons exist i the police force?

Oh God. Please save naija.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Marlboro1: 3:52pm On Jan 25, 2012
Why cant they bring Nuhu Ribadu back? Problem with this country is highly qualified people never get the chance to help make a difference. Unfortunately we cant find a role for him here but the United Nations and Afghan people find him very capable in making a difference. This would have been a big PR victory for the government and well received move by the people.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Akintola11(m): 3:52pm On Jan 25, 2012
This Week in Nigeria:  Inspector-General of Police RESIGNS!!, Scores of Boko Haram suspects arrested, Fuel Importers summoned by EFCC & much more!!

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-police-chief-resigns

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-police-chief-resigns
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by gbigbega: 3:59pm On Jan 25, 2012
Dont rejoice yet. M.D Abubakar dont have good record at all. He is an extremist. Check this out

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/36621/1/Jos-crisis-panel-recommends-Police-chief-Abubakar-for-retirement/Page1.html
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by imples(f): 3:59pm On Jan 25, 2012
What's the criteria for giving this man this sensitive position? Is it that the FG does not conduct a through assessment of candidates. Loads of people who will transform Nigeria security system but they still stick to the same old rotten turnover thieves. Nigeria is doomed!!!
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Nigerd(m): 4:01pm On Jan 25, 2012
The President should retire d guy, He is Unfit to be the IGP,

Is it not the Same Abubakar who was former CP Kwara State?

Capital NO,
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by abaing: 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2012
It's a nice step in the ryt direction
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by badesco(m): 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2012
I have not seen anything to suggest that the man in question had been appointed, however if what i read in the below link is anything to go by, then Jonathan should think twice, if not, he may be sitting on top of a bomb keg.

Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by mgbidi2013: 4:14pm On Jan 25, 2012
well i thank the almighty if its true
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by chuks49(m): 4:17pm On Jan 25, 2012
D guy worked with zakari biu during d abacha days.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by doctimothy: 4:20pm On Jan 25, 2012
Na wa o! How are we so sure this guy will do justice to the issue on ground?? Abeg we need someone who's not likely to have relatives among those Boko Crooks. We need absolute crackdown!![color=#990000][/color]
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 25, 2012
What are his track record as per corruption ? I mean i hope he will be able to steal very well.
Re: M.D, Abubakar: The New Nigerian Inspector-General Of Police?? by kizito96(m): 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2012
That is not true, it was said Abubakar is to take over from RINGIM whose retirement comes up in March. But Abubakar is indicted for the run away of the Boko haran suspect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari's Father Is From Niger Republic, Not A Nigerian / Why Should Obasanjo Be Envious Of Tinubu? (picture) / Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.