Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) - TV/Movies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (43345 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Half Of A Yellow Sun Confirmed As Nollywood’s Most Expensive Movie / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by omar22(m): 9:21pm On Feb 06, 2012
babyboy, despite the fact that Sarafina was a Hollywood production, the LEAD ACTRESS was a South African. Everyone BUT Whoopi in the movie was South African

why didnt they go out of SA to get actresses like they are doing with Chindima's book?

Go ahead and explain that cos your excuses are juvenile.

Director of the Movie = South African

Sarafina was released in 1992, way before the Car  Crash industry called Nollywood was formed. South Africa has churned out better Actresses and Actors,

the fact that South African movies usually gross around $8m upwards speaks Volume about the quality of their actors and Actresses or Directors! Name me a  Nollywood movie that grossed over a $1m ?
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2012
all4naija:

^^
You are the one having problem with the issue. So, Zap. you! This is the last time I will ever respond to any of your comments, pathetic b.i.t.c.h!

Please let it be the last time you illiterate son of a kunt smiley

Answer questions that are only directed to your reetarded arse. Now run back and cry over Real Steel. cheesy Bloody phaggot grin
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:45pm On Feb 06, 2012
omar22:

Director of the Movie = South African

and the director for Half Of A yellow Sun is Nigerian

what is your point?

Once again I will repeat the question

Despite the fact that Sarafina was produced by Hollywood, why didnt they feel the need to change the lead actress and others to non-South Africans. It's a simple question that Ive yet to receive a serious answer to.
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by babyboy3(m): 10:05pm On Feb 06, 2012
babyboy, despite the fact that Sarafina was a Hollywood production, the LEAD ACTRESS was a South African. Everyone BUT Whoopi in the movie was South African

why didnt they go out of SA to get actresses like they are doing with Chindima's book?

Go ahead and explain that cos your excuses are juvenile.

Its just like listening to a SCRATCHED CD!!!!

May be they picked the south Africans because they are good at acting, If your want to use the same logic with Nollywood actresses then you are mistaken

and the director for Half Of A yellow Sun is Nigerian

what is your point?

The Director grew up where? UK did his training where? UK!!!!  the guy is based in UK, the production company is UK based, Thandie, Andrea Calderwood and Chiwetel are all UK based or British born,

I guess you have the brains to put the Jigsaw together by now, I am sure the Production company brought him on board! Or do you expect someone who is away from the Nollywood wannabes would have a profile of Nollywood stars wen they are not exposed to movie world!!
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2012
May be they picked the south Africans because they are good at acting, If your want to use the same logic with Nollywood actresses then you are mistaken

Prove it.

Look at you. LOL

They picked SAfricans because who the hell else would know the experience of apartheid other than a South African? Same way who the hell else would know the experience/history of Biafra? A BRITISH BIRACIAL? That has NOTHING to do with Nigeria? Rofl.

abeg. you people are boring me.
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by babyboy3(m): 11:06pm On Feb 06, 2012
They picked SAfricans because who the hell else would know the experience of apartheid other than a South African? Same way who the hell else would know the experience/history of Biafra? A BRITISH BIRACIAL? That has NOTHING to do with Nigeria? Rofl.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

A sentence comes to mind which has 2 words in it Clutcing and Straws

You blew a gasket When someone mentioned Mandela and Idi Amin,

Francois Pienaar played by American
Mandela played by American

Oh I forgot that Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon were present during the apartheid,
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by omar22(m): 11:19pm On Feb 06, 2012

LWKMD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the same lady who played Sarafina was also present during the genocide in Rwanda when she was acted in Hotel Rwanda? tell me was she a Hutu or Tutsi?
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:27pm On Feb 06, 2012
Go google it yourself. smiley

Is the director of Hotel Rwanda from Rwanda?

These idiotic comparisons sef. The reason Im constantly comparing Sarafina/Toitis to this is because the directors are from their home countries, so I EXPECT them to try to be as authentic as they can. how is that hard for you to grasp or are you guys so bloody bored that you are just yarning dust for the sake of it?

abeg isnt there a match on somewhere?
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2012
Haba e don do jor. angry
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:50pm On Feb 06, 2012
get your butt on IM before I break your head angry
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by igbo2011(m): 7:35am On Feb 07, 2012
all4naija:

@ Crap28

You are completely lost. You are still harboring hatred for what took place in the past and use it to judge what is happening or yet to take place. Even most African-Americans will not take side with you on this matter which you are blatantly spewing out in this thread concerning their sufferings during the slavery period. Many forgive and move on. Those who don't find themselves in the state of mental disturbances and labyrinth of hatred.

Meanwhile, I'm not saying the white man is flawless. All I'm saying is that we are aware of these and a fair criticism is not found in violence and hates. White-man-did-this and white-man-did-that cast of mind only prove one thing that we complain a lot instead of forging ahead and do things which are of importance.

Complaining about actors race or color of skin shade is very irrelevant in this sense. If a Nigerian actor is not chosen to take the part in a movie from a story about Nigerians and by a Nigerian is of no consequence. We need to be global in our approach to things. You are entitled to your comments, though, comments bore out of hatred are nothing encouraging to the way others view us around the world.

Your incessant inclusion of unnecessary but excessive rebuttals is alarming to say the least. It only reduces you to anything yet another ignorant black man.

Keep on digging out the old books from their vaults or burial chambers. Please, if you can, try to move along with the world and stop fueling ignorance through hatred and violence!
You act as if the white men are not doing bad things today. Look at what they did to Ivory Coast? They overthrew Gbagbo and put in Outtara to serve western influence. THey also use the colonial pact to enslave Francophone countries. http://www.thisisafrica.me/city-life/detail/1603/How-France-lives-off-Africa-with-the-Colonial-Pact
Ghaddafi wanted to unite Africa and also give Africa a central bank, language, currency and monetary fund: DEAD
They control many African politicians besides Mugabe.
They bring fund wars around the war including the war in Congo with 6 miilion people dead and counting.
Look at African Americans and how bad their schools are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXBUdwKk4Fw
Slavery plays a big role in America and how things are right now.
Listen to lectures by Umar Johnson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNyzZiPWgBc&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLCA62DF898965F7EC

@Cap28 you need to watch Umar Johnson's videos too. He is like Malcolm ,he is amazing. He thinks like you and I.
Watch the 7 deadly Sins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1pu6e5fa5U
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by safarigirl(f): 8:31am On Feb 07, 2012
Na wa, is this topic still on or has it diverted?
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:39am On Feb 07, 2012
igbo201l

Did they end up putting Gabgbo in jail?
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by igbo2011(m): 8:43am On Feb 07, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

igbo201l

Did they end up putting Gabgbo in jail?
Yes he is in the International criminal court. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16027845
Here is the truth of what happened in Ivory Coast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdeyg2vXyoM
part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFP5RHn4jvo&feature=related

Or look at this article: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-860098.0.html

14 Francophone countries are pretty much slaves for France. Gbagbo wanted to change that and change the currency and now he is in the ICC.
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:50am On Feb 07, 2012
Yea I know all about it. My senior chemist is Ivorian so we discuss african issues alot.

The French are the worst. If Nigeria is said to be lucky in any way, it's the fact that we were ruled by the British instead.
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by omar22(m): 9:02am On Feb 07, 2012
Apples and Oranges men!!!!!!!

I believe theirs a political section / board!!!!! the topic is about the wide screen!!!
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:14am On Feb 07, 2012
I believe the OP says ThiefOfHearts.

I can discuss ANYTHING on my thread, darling smiley
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by cap28: 11:01am On Feb 07, 2012
igbo2011:

@Cap28 you need to watch Umar Johnson's videos too. He is like Malcolm ,he is amazing. He thinks like you and I.
Watch the 7 deadly Sins:

bro i've watched all of his videos - he is a very intelligent and insightful person, i beleive he is also a qualified psychologist.
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by Sagamite(m): 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2012
cap28:

bro i've watched all of his videos - he is a very intelligent and insightful person, i beleive he is also a qualified psychologist.

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsC0BCAwkb4&skipcontrinter=1[/flash]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2012
igbo2011:

You act as if the white men are not doing bad things today. Look at what they did to Ivory Coast? They overthrew Gbagbo and put in Outtara to serve western influence. THey also use the colonial pact to enslave Francophone countries. http://www.thisisafrica.me/city-life/detail/1603/How-France-lives-off-Africa-with-the-Colonial-Pact
Ghaddafi wanted to unite Africa and also give Africa a central bank, language, currency and monetary fund: DEAD
They control many African politicians besides Mugabe.
They bring fund wars around the war including the war in Congo with 6 miilion people dead and counting.
Look at African Americans and how bad their schools are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXBUdwKk4Fw
Slavery plays a big role in America and how things are right now.
Listen to lectures by Umar Johnson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNyzZiPWgBc&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLCA62DF898965F7EC

Watch the 7 deadly Sins:

Where did I act as if white people are not doing bad things. Your greatest asset is your brain, use it to your advantages and to save the black man some stigma. I don't like when somebody accuse me something without reasonable evidences.

Now, let address the issue you have raised or stated. You have complained about what they did in Ivory Coast and what happened to Gbagbo after his capture. However, the most important thing in this matter is, what are the means of finding solutions to what have happened in Ivory Coast? It is a better choice because lamenting and castigating people based on race, hatred and violence( which are crimes by rights) will not help in this matter only put Africans on pair with those they are criticizing of the crimes. In this sense, it's better to use our brains rather than fermenting troubles through violence and inciting hates.

On the matter of whites controlling our leaders other than Mugabe should not be blamed on the white people alone - it's the stupid African leaders who need to bear more of the blames for corrupt practices and for inefficiency. I doubt if Mugabe has really been effective until recently when he seek for office through nationalism that turned into violence. It is good we address this issue from both sides. Mugabe has been there living with the problem before the farm land owner crisis. The confiscation of white farm lands came at the time of his reelection and was used as a propaganda. Now,how much of the land grabbed have really successfully be given back to the people? It is surprising to know that no Zimbabweans are doing well with the little parcels of land they got. The position of whites in the matter is wrong for not accepting the second round of buying back part of their farm lands by the government. In other word, it places them as second class citizens due to the way the government try to address it, which supposed not to be in such country like Zimbabwe. The problem could have been solved through dialogue - which both sides fail to come to term with. It could have easily be resolved by Mugabe from the large support he had from the people. The Zimbabwe society is heterogeneous one so, whites are part of the country and they contribute largely to the economy.

On the final note, not until we look inward and start to correct many things about our failure as people(Africans), the way forward would seem glimmer than ever before. We need to empower the African youths on organizability and wealth creation through understanding and education. Also, fighting ignorance(largely a part of Africans mentality) through acquiring of knowledge, embracing the world with love, shrewdness and fighting for interests. I think the future of Africa can only get better the moment these responsibilities are tackled.
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by igbo2011(m): 9:47am On Feb 08, 2012
@cap28
I totally agree he needs to get more famous. But if he gets too famous then he will die like Malcolm X

@all4naija
I totally agree with you. I don't always blame the west. African leaders need to stand up for their people and go against imperialism like Mugabe. Also many Africans have an inferiority complex which is hurting Africa. They rather buy foreign goods because than domestic goods. They believe anything made in Africa is bad and always go to the west or east. We also go to tourism in everywhere but Africa. This is why I made the Nigerian Economic Development plan. This will promote African goods, clothes, tourism, sports, and art. What do you think about it? www.nigerianedp.com

Religion also makes Africans docile. We wait for sky daddy for everything instead of doing it ourselves. We also worship white men now do to religion because of white jesus. If people want to be christian fine but they should have an African looking Jesus.
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by babyboy3(m): 10:03am On Feb 08, 2012
On the final note, not until we look inward and start to correct many things about our failure as people(Africans), the way forward would seem glimmer than ever before. We need to empower the African youths on organizability and wealth creation through understanding and education. Also, fighting ignorance(largely a part of Africans mentality) through acquiring of knowledge, embracing the world with love, shrewdness and fighting for interests. I think the future of Africa can only get better the moment these responsibilities are tackled.

Spot on,

I could remember the morning after when Barak Obama won the election! A lot of Black people living in America and Europe said! from this day forth Black people should remove the chip off their shoulder and stop blaming white people for not succeeding in life!!! Like someone said earlier on "a mind is a terrible thing to waste!" It all starts in the mind, if you feel your entrapped by white people! then you probably are!!! as it says in the Bible "As a man thinketh so he is" (You are what you think you are)

A foreign company wants to produce a movie on a Nigerian story and all of a sudden we are returning to slave trade!!!
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by coogar: 11:53am On Feb 08, 2012
cap28:

when i say you are dumb you get upset but it is apparent from your answers that you are very limited in the brain department

this shower of shyte needs to be lobotomized.

white people go to the movies to watch people who remind them of themselves, they do not go to the movies to see black actors playing parts that whites are quite capable of playing, they do however like to see blacks playing STEREOTYPICAL ROLES.
Stereo typical black roles are roles which depict blacks as - comedians, criminals or victims.

like danny glover playing the role of a black president in 2012?
you are a disgrace to the village that sponsored your education if you keep waving the race card for your misery.
how crass can your reasoning be if you still analyse issues like this in this modern era?

Why did denzel washington win an oscar for playing a criminal cop in training day as opposed to his fantastic and electrifying peformance in malcolm x?

why did jamie foxx win an oscar for playing a drug addicted, black entertainer?

why did forrest whittaker win an oscar for playing a buffoonish black african former head of state?

why did monique win an oscar for playing an abusive welfare queen?

has the light gone on in your head yet?

let me help you out - THE ABOVE ROLES ALL PROJECT BLACK PEOPLE IN A VERY NEGATIVE LIGHT.

and when the white actors play the same role in other movies, are they also projecting themselves in a negative light?
cos for every movie up there that you had tried to taint with your "black people are victims" theory, white actors have played the same role in other movies.
once again, you are a disgrace to the orifice you came out from.

Whites have no problem paying good money to see blacks degrade themselves and perpetuate negative images of themselves infact whites love this kind of thing so much they actually reward it - thats why all of the above have been recognised by the white film establishment with awards but you are too s.tupid to understand all of this because you do not reason on a deeper level - your "thinking" is extremely shallow  - in your desperation to be accepted by whites you cant see the damage that these kind of images create.

shut up your mouth and stop thinking like a cockstain!
i would normally expect a village tout with little or no exposure to reason like a tool - but this coming from a supposed graduate is a travesty to your educational background in and out of nigeria. what is so degrading in having a black man play the role of idi amin?

white actors that played the role of hitler have degraded themselves?
ralph fiennes(amon goth) in schindler's list also degraded himself as one of the most prolific serial killers in the world?
i actually do not think you are human. it's impossible for any human being to reason like you do - you must be the spambot!

this is why the casting of thandie newton in the role of a brown skinned igbo woman is totally wrong - its wrong because it attempts to rewrite history and replace authentic igbo woman with a westernised fake one who is not even black let alone igbo.

shut that cess-pit you call a mouth, you pasty cuntbucket!
what a troll. ralph fiennes played the role of an austrian-nazi. fiennes is british.
liam neeson who played the role of oskar schindler is also irish. they have no ties with the story and they performed their roles excellently.

a white woman can play the role of a black woman if she has vested interest in the role than a black woman.
it's all about the quality they bring, not who is genetically tied to the story.
you want to tell me any black woman knows more than susan wenger about osun osogbo?

i reiterate, you should have been aborted!

considered black by whom?
how can someone who is half of somethign be completely that thing?
if thandie newton can be cast as a black woman surely she can also be cast as a white woman as she has equal amounts of black and white blood in her doesnt she?

mixed-race is not white, they are coloured people.
task your brain for a second and think - but then, i know i am asking for the impossible.
it's not possible for you to reason normally.

jealous of what? i am not ashamed of my black african heritage unlike you. you are even too ashamed to mention the colour of your skin!!

of course you are ashamed to have been born black.
this is why you continue to be a victim, this is why you are oppressed, tyrannized, burdened, disadvantaged and underprivileged.
poor you!

fela's music was pure african music(although inspired by a fusion of different music genres)  tailored to african audiences and not westernised ones he had no interest in breaking into a white western controlled music industry as his music was about revolution and black emancipation as a result he was never accepted by the mainstream western music industry. 

conveniently forgetting fela himself learnt his art in britain.
this black slave called cap28 is a tool!

tuface is an african american wannabe but is being used by the white controlled music industry to exploit the african market -he is unknown to the majority of western consumers/audiences,

contradiction supremo. . . .he's being used by the white controlled music industry and yet the same white music industry dunno him?
do you wear your arse on your head?

and yet he's won quite a few gongs.
his song became a soundtrack in a western movie.

onyeka onwenu - homegrown african artiste - also unknown in the west - i dont know why you even mentioned her name.- i am talking about this current crop of sunglass wearing talentless wanna bes with zero talent not authentic african artistes like onyeka and fela dummy.

shut up you homoerotic neophyte!
i was actually telling you the music industry in nigeria has made giant strides to at least close the gap on the music industries in the uk/usa and the nigerian movie industry should do the same.

no they dont - but the nigerian artistes tailor themselves to look and sound like the  american and european ones in order to break into those markets - unfortunately they all sound like very bad versions of their western counterparts.

and that is because they have decided to take their music beyond the borders of nigeria.
a fact you are not aware of while feeling enslaved by your white owners, you field nigga! grin

it isnt the huge budgets that make the hollywood stars as big as they are its the mindset of the people who buy into it - after all it doesnt matter how much you budget on a film - if people dont like what you stand for they wont go and watch you, western society is built on the beleif that whites are the most superior race and all others particulary blacks are inferior.  Hollywood reinforces this mindset and this is why it portrays whites as leading men, love interests, heroes, superheroes, while blacks are portrayed as clowns, criminals or victims.  The white audiences have been brought up to beleive that they are superior - their movies reinforce this beleif - it is for this reason that they go to the movie theatre.

if this is the truth, there would be no black man in hollywood.
what's the point in having them? they can as well wax their own bodies with black polish and do the roles of the black men themselves.
unfortunately for you, this isn't the case. . . . .western society is not built on the belief that whites are the most superior race, they give everyone equal opportunities. . . . .more than what happens in nigeria(where i have faced more tribalism nonsense) than anywhere on the planet.

i keep telling you - you are a boil on the arse of humanity.

The western media also plays a huge role in the mass brainwashing of entire populations - they have succeeded in convincing many that there is something magical about hollywood - the majority of people who have bought into this myth are whites in the western world - they treat hollywood stars in america like royalty all because of the image that their  media has created around them and then you have gullible africans like you who have also drunk the koolade.

this social reprobate would write anything to back his idiotic comment.
how isn't something magical about hollywood? an industry that makes multi-billion dollars annually is not magical?

put me in my place ? i dont think so ? remember i patiently explained to you that BET is owned by a white men but you kept banging on about how its owned by a black man .  i allowed you to make a fool of yourself and then when you calmed down i tried again - after a while my comments began to sink into your brain and lo and behold after a number of further attempts i finally got through to you.

see this disgrace of a lout - you goofed a white man founded b-e-t.
i corrected you it was a black man who later sold the company to a white man after more than a decade.

My point was that it doesnt matter what BET is called the fact remains that it is actually run and controlled by whites.

that is a company that was conceived by a black man, named by a black man.
or are you going to argue it was named by the whites?

cap28, if people actually smiled when you were born, that smile should turn to tears. . . .
disgracing yourself in a public forum is a cardinal sin.

A white man still dictates what you watch, what  you listen to and what shoudl be regarded as desirable or undesirable in other words he still owns your mind - get it?

idiotic ram.
no wonder the dunderhead believes gaddffi is still alive. you have been massively brainwashed by extremists.
i won't be surprised if you have terrorism pamphlets under your pillow. grin

there is something in between your ears but it would be stretching the truth to describe it as a brain - i would simply refer to it as a computer chip which has been implanted in your head.  This chip has been permanently set to self hate mode and this is why you are incapable of seeing anything positive in anyone who looks like you. 

your innate ability to stretch the borders of daftness is legendary.  . .
i am sure it's still perfectly legal to abort you. . . .they should have aborted you. . . .

if idiocy is a felony, you won't get a death sentence, it would be a death paragraph!
you possess intelligence of an unborn foetus. it'd be a mercy killing to have you executed.
showing mercy to everyone else in the world before your stupidity becomes epidermic and spreads to mankind.
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by babyboy3(m): 12:39pm On Feb 08, 2012
you are a disgrace to the village that sponsored your education if you keep waving the race card for your misery.
how crass can your reasoning be if you still analyse issues like this in this modern era?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:19pm On Feb 08, 2012
abeg stop ruining my thread with your gibberish.
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by omar22(m): 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2012
you are a disgrace to the village that sponsored your education

Oh common that's not nice

Some people here are just
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by cheikh: 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2012
cheikh
The film industry is defined by Culture or Heritage, Perception, Money and Politics of the market place(eye balls) hence Bollywood is bigger than Hollywood and does not need to justify or seek approval from anybody outside of the Indian consumer market place.

@ baby-boy  ^^ I guess you don't really understand the full concepts of what I wrote above hence you and some persons on this forum think that the film industry is "Neutral". Some also denigrate and compare Nollywood that's barely twenty years old with some alien industry that does not inherently represent Africans  "properly" or as "equals" let alone as independent abettors of good "Taste" too. Believe me, this subject is not that simple as some of us think or imply. We should perhaps listen to an interview by that great Nigerian film maker Mr Femi Odugbemi on 'Hollywood/Nollywood' some time ago. It was very instructive and educative indeed. Unfortunately, I can't find it for the benefit of everyone here. We should be a little mindful of how we instinctively condemn and assume that Nollywood is all "trash" but is Hollywood since the nineteenth century to the period of "B" movies of Ronald Regan era great or to recent times all that great? I can understand that most of us know nothing else other than Hollywood movies, but that's the source of our collective handicap, - "addiction" "miseducation" or "mis-perception" and unfair judgement of anything from our backyard "Nollywood". Was the "Figurine" not NOLLYWOOD? I think, it was a good film. Anyway, let's think a little deeper and leave our pseudo-liberal views of films as mere art in which any "good" actor can suddenly transfix our attention because they are just "good" without other mediating intervention beyond the control of the consumer. The film industry is just another weapon amongst the others in the quasi "idealogical" armoury of "Taste", "Opinion" and "Perception" formers of this world. Globalisation is just another word to befuddle and enthral some of us, as if the world has just been reborn or re-Created.  Bollywood(Indians) do not suffer from the kind of 'self doubts' that afflict us as Nigerians(Africans) in relation to our identity in films or outside either. Their Size, National Culture/heritage, and their full awareness/consciousness of self, have given them a relative advantage/confidence to compete and withstand the onslaughts of western "cultural imperialism" on their psyche unquestionably. Nigeria is not exactly a nation yet let alone having the capacity and sophistication to understand and withstand subliminal attacks on her. Differences in viewpoints should not be bitter nor taken too seriously either wink. It's the "democracy' of ideas and thoughts on NL grin. Have a good day bro wink.
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by cap28: 10:59pm On Feb 08, 2012
coogar:

this shower of shyte needs to be lobotomized.

and when the white actors play the same role in other movies, are they also projecting themselves in a negative light?
cos for every movie up there that you had tried to taint with your "black people are victims" theory, white actors have played the same role in other movies.
once again, you are a disgrace to the orifice you came out from.

shut up your mouth and stop thinking like a cockstain!
i would normally expect a village tout with little or no exposure to reason like a tool - but this coming from a supposed graduate is a travesty to your educational background in and out of nigeria. what is so degrading in having a black man play the role of idi amin?

white actors that played the role of hitler have degraded themselves?
ralph fiennes(amon goth) in schindler's list also degraded himself as one of the most prolific serial killers in the world?
i actually do not think you are human. it's impossible for any human being to reason like you do - you must be the spambot!

shut that cess-pit you call a mouth, you pasty cuntbucket!
what a troll. ralph fiennes played the role of an austrian-nazi. fiennes is british.
liam neeson who played the role of oskar schindler is also irish. they have no ties with the story and they performed their roles excellently.

a white woman can play the role of a black woman if she has vested interest in the role than a black woman.
it's all about the quality they bring, not who is genetically tied to the story.
you want to tell me any black woman knows more than susan wenger about osun osogbo?

i reiterate, you should have been aborted!

mixed-race is not white, they are coloured people.
task your brain for a second and think - but then, i know i am asking for the impossible.
it's not possible for you to reason normally.

of course you are ashamed to have been born black.
this is why you continue to be a victim, this is why you are oppressed, tyrannized, burdened, disadvantaged and underprivileged.
poor you!

conveniently forgetting fela himself learnt his art in britain.
this black slave called cap28 is a tool!

contradiction supremo. . . .he's being used by the white controlled music industry and yet the same white music industry dunno him?
do you wear your arse on your head?

and yet he's won quite a few gongs.
his song became a soundtrack in a western movie.

shut up you homoerotic neophyte!
i was actually telling you the music industry in nigeria has made giant strides to at least close the gap on the music industries in the uk/usa and the nigerian movie industry should do the same.

and that is because they have decided to take their music beyond the borders of nigeria.
a fact you are not aware of while feeling enslaved by your white owners, you field nigga! grin

if this is the truth, there would be no black man in hollywood.
what's the point in having them? they can as well wax their own bodies with black polish and do the roles of the black men themselves.
unfortunately for you, this isn't the case. . . . .western society is not built on the belief that whites are the most superior race, they give everyone equal opportunities. . . . .more than what happens in nigeria(where i have faced more tribalism nonsense) than anywhere on the planet.

i keep telling you - you are a boil on the arse of humanity.

this social reprobate would write anything to back his idiotic comment.
how isn't something magical about hollywood? an industry that makes multi-billion dollars annually is not magical?

see this disgrace of a lout - you goofed a white man founded b-e-t.
i corrected you it was a black man who later sold the company to a white man after more than a decade.

that is a company that was conceived by a black man, named by a black man.
or are you going to argue it was named by the whites?

cap28, if people actually smiled when you were born, that smile should turn to tears. . . .
disgracing yourself in a public forum is a cardinal sin.

idiotic ram.
no wonder the dunderhead believes gaddffi is still alive. you have been massively brainwashed by extremists.
i won't be surprised if you have terrorism pamphlets under your pillow. grin

your innate ability to stretch the borders of daftness is legendary.  . .
i am sure it's still perfectly legal to abort you. . . .they should have aborted you. . . .

if idiocy is a felony, you won't get a death sentence, it would be a death paragraph!
you possess intelligence of an unborn foetus. it'd be a mercy killing to have you executed.
showing mercy to everyone else in the world before your stupidity becomes epidermic and spreads to mankind.

I can see from the above outpouring  of hysterical profanity that you are  a semi literate tout fresh from the motor parks of ajegunle and mushin. 

Your infinite ignorance, self hatred and adoration of anything white and western has reduced you to a genuflecting sambo who has absolutely no understanding of the  world around you.  At the mere mention of the word "white" you fall on your knees , eyes rolling, saliva drooling from your mouth mumbling yassa massa like the degenerate nonentity that you are.

Sambo, the white man does not respect you - he laughs at you, he holds you in infinite contempt - it doesnt  matter how much time you spend cleaning his anus with your tongue - HE HATES YOU.

Do you have a brain cell in your empty head? Are you more intelligent than the african american scholars and intellectuals who have documented evidence of institutionalised racism and discrimination perpetrated against the black race for well over 5 centuries? Of course not , you are a nobody, a brain dead sambo who is grateful that you were allowed to stow away on a ship that happened to dock in america

so danny glover played the part of a black president - i know you are not very smart but have you heard of the word "fantasy" how about "satire"  didnt think so - because you are semi illiterate.

let me educate you - fantasy or escapism is a tool used by hollywood to lull many feeble minded blacks like yourself into a sense of false security- they project an image of the world that only exists in dreams - a world in which the implausible becomes plausible -  a black man like danny glover can be a president in a glossy fake hollywood world but not in the real world - and i know your dull brain will cry "what about obama" again let me help you out - Obama does not represent non whites - he represents the 1% - the ruling elite, the wall street bankers the masters of the universe, but why am i telling you all this - you are an illiterate and none of this will make sense to you.

The difference between a white actor and a black actor playing a negative role is that the negative role is  THE DEFAULT ROLE FOR THE BLACK ACTOR whereas the white actor is allowed to explore a RANGE OF DIFFERENT ACTING ROLES - he can be a villain today, a love interest tomorrow, a superheroe the next day, a psychopath the next and so on - this is because the western movie industry is run and controlled by people who look like him, the scriptwriters also look like him and create characters for him.  This is why black actors in hollywood struggle to get good roles.  HOllywood was set up to promote white western values and culture, it never has and never will create good leading roles for black actors because whites go to the movie theatre to watch people who will make them feel good about themselves.  Whites relate to their own people and prefer to see their own people playing the part of leading men, love interests and heroes.

Ralph Fiennes played the part of a nazi in schindlers list but he also played numerous roles as a leading man and romantic interest - he is allowed to explore a range of different roles and is never pigeonholed into one negative role - compare that to black actors like eddie murphy - comedian(beverly hills cop, 48 hrs, norbitt, ) Tyler Perry, Chris Rock, the late Bernie Mac - all consistently cast as comedians irrespective of their acting range.
Even talented actors like Samuel L Jackson and Denzel Washington struggle to find  non stereotypical roles.

But why am i wasting my breath on you - none of this will make any sense to you because you are completely submerged in ignorance.

I can tell from the way that you express yourself that you are not properly educated - this is the reason that you feel so inferior to anything which is remotely linked to the western world.
Perhaps you could invest in a decent education and try to learn more about the world around you, you need to learn self respect and dignity and learn to take pride in your own people and culture because this white man that you worship puts his own race way above yours, get up off your knees - you've been down on them so long you've forgotten what it feels like to walk upright like a man, quit being a degenerate and start learning to live with dignity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by omar22(m): 11:23pm On Feb 08, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by coogar: 11:26pm On Feb 08, 2012
cap28:

I can see from the above outpouring  of hysterical profanity that you are  a semi literate tout fresh from the motor parks of ajegunle and mushin.  
Your infinite ignorance, self hatred and adoration of anything white and western has reduced you to a genuflecting sambo who has absolutely no understanding of the  world around you.  At the mere mention of the word "white" you fall on your knees , eyes rolling, saliva drooling from your mouth mumbling yassa massa like the degenerate nonentity that you are.
Sambo, the white man does not respect you - he laughs at you, he holds you in infinite contempt - it doesnt  matter how much time you spend cleaning his anus with your tongue - HE HATES YOU.

maybe the white man does not respect the cleaning job or the concierge position you hold on old street.
as for me, a white man serves my tea, a white man listens to my instructions on what the order of the day would be and so on and forth.
in my opinion, you are a consummate simpleton - in the punditry of foreign currency, your intelligence at best is equivalent to the zimbabwean dollar.
you're so idiotic, you have the brain capacity of a slug!

Do you have a brain cell in your empty head? Are you more intelligent than the african american scholars and intellectuals who have documented evidence of institutionalised racism and discrimination perpetrated against the black race for well over 5 centuries? Of course not , you are a nobody, a brain dead sambo who is grateful that you were allowed to stow away on a ship that happened to dock in america

sambo must be the new vocab in your empty cranium.
matter of fact, spermflakes must occupy a huge section of your cranial cavity. . .this is why you ptyalize shit all the time you open that cess-pit you call a mouth.
african american scholars have always used racism to excuse their pathetic way of living anyways, why should i be bothered about what house-niggas fed a field nigga like yourself?

so danny glover played the part of a black president - i know you are not very smart but have you heard of the word "fantasy" how about "satire"  didnt think so - because you are semi illiterate.

fantasy and satire indeed. when the black man plays the role of a villain - it is to depict him in a negative way.
when a white man plays the same role - it's normal. when a black man plays the role of a hero, it's fantasy.
can you actually make sense from the trumpery you churn out every passing day? were you born brain dead?

let me educate you - fantasy or escapism is a tool used by hollywood to lull many feeble minded blacks like yourself into a sense of false security- they project an image of the world that only exists in dreams - a world in which the implausible becomes plausible -  a black man like danny glover can be a president in a glossy fake hollywood world but not in the real world - and i know your dull brain will cry "what about obama" again let me help you out - Obama does not represent non whites - he represents the 1% - the ruling elite, the wall street bankers the masters of the universe, but why am i telling you all this - you are an illiterate and none of this will make sense to you.

educate me?
coming from a plonker that told the whole world b-e-t was founded by a white man?
you are a disgrace to the citadel of learning that gave you a certificate - i am sure one-third of the square root of my intelligence quotient is beyond you.
a black man can never be a president in the real world and obama does not represent non-whites. . . . .yes, he represents your slave drivers.
what an arsehole!

The difference between a white actor and a black actor playing a negative role is that the negative role is  THE DEFAULT ROLE FOR THE BLACK ACTOR whereas the white actor is allowed to explore a RANGE OF DIFFERENT ACTING ROLES - he can be a villain today, a love interest tomorrow, a superheroe the next day, a psychopath the next and so on - this is because the western movie industry is run and controlled by people who look like him, the scriptwriters also look like him and create characters for him.  This is why black actors in hollywood struggle to get good roles.  HOllywood was set up to promote white western values and culture, it never has and never will create good leading roles for black actors because whites go to the movie theatre to watch people who look and behave like themselves.

shut up your damn mouth. . . and quit chirping gibberish.
i get peeved with mental handicaps like yourself trapping idiotic opinion from the stratosphere.
do you really believe in this nonsense? do you know how much black people have made in salaries in hollywood?
only depraved maniacs like yourself still see racial stuff in this day and age - slavery has been abolished, get over it and do something worthwhile with yourself, you serial w@nker!

Ralph Fiennes played the part of a nazi in schindlers list but he also played numerous roles as a leading man and romantic interest - he is allowed to explore a range of different roles and is never pigeonholed into one negative role - compare that to black actors like eddie murphy - comedian(beverly hills cop, 48 hrs, norbitt, ) Tyler Perry, Chris Rock, the late Bernie Mac - all consistently cast as comedians irrespective of their acting range.
Even talented actors like Samuel L Jackson and Denzel Washington struggle to find  non stereotypical roles.

the tortuous knots this half-wit ties himself into.
what role has danny glover not played? what role has denzel washington not played? halle berry?
i am sure they have been consistently casted as comedians, you dingbat!
the people responsible for your child development should be sent to the prison for gross child abuse!

But why am i wasting my breath on you - none of this will make any sense to you because you are completely submerged in ignorance.

i have got 5 times your intelligence - i ate 5 forbidden apples, you couldn't even complete the task of finishing one.

I can tell from the way that you express yourself that you are not properly educated - this is the reason that you feel so inferior to anything which is remotely linked to the western world.
Perhaps you could invest in a decent education and try to learn more about the world around you, you need to learn self respect and dignity and learn to take pride in your own people and culture because this white man that you worship puts his own race way above you, get up off your knees - you've been down on them so long you've forgotten what it feels like to walk upright like a man, quit being a degenerate and start learning to live with dignity.

why can't this vermin get a strong rope, a beam to tie it to and off himself.
you need the education - you have been brainwashed you can never get better than the current status you found yourself. you are mentally enslaved!
this cretin belongs to the posse of deluded scientology-esque minority cabal of rabid, fanatical sycophants who attack, ridicule and denigrate anyone who has the chutzpah to question his intelligence quotient. i don't need to waste my breath on such a despicable obnoxious nitwit that displays the same fits of a photo-sensitive epileptic patient.
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by omar22(m): 11:32pm On Feb 08, 2012
Even talented actors like Samuel L Jackson and Denzel Washington struggle to find non stereotypical roles

Like a detective, a Cop, Interrogator, an Army, a teacher, a coach, a desperate father, soldier, a scientist, a promoter, a factory worker etc

That's a wide range of roles he has played, he is not shoe-horned into a corner
Re: Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) by babyboy3(m): 11:34pm On Feb 08, 2012
Bollywood(Indians) do not suffer from the kind of 'self doubts' that afflict us as Nigerians(Africans) in relation to our identity in films or outside either. Their Size, National Culture/heritage, and their full awareness/consciousness of self, have given them a relative advantage/confidence to compete and withstand the onslaughts of western "cultural imperialism" on their psyche unquestionably. Nigeria is not exactly a nation yet let alone having the capacity and sophistication to understand and withstand subliminal attacks on her. Differences in viewpoints should not be bitter nor taken too seriously either . It's the "democracy' of ideas and thoughts on NL . Have a good day bro .

Look I perfectly understand what your were talking about regarding Indian movie Industry! I bought a car from an Indian who lives in the Midlands and he explained the in and out about Bollywood and how the Indian government threw money at it after the failure of the 90's,  He even explained the prejudice involved as well, Slumdog Millionaire  Director Danny Boyle used people (Casts)  from the slum, he said that would never happen under an Indian director they would be hand picked from a certain area or a group of people, most of the Bollywood stars are from one region and have to look a certain way or have a certain skin complexion and its not only in Bollywood but also in the employment market and sports! I know girls who left England to audition to be a cheer-leader during the Indian IPL (Cricket) which is big money over there! the dark skinned girls where sent back!

all I am arguing here is that! if a foreign firm wants to screen a movie based on a Nigerian story! am sorry they have the right to use any actress they see fit from any part of the world!!! why? because they are funding the movie! if the movie flops its their loss!!! Regarding Nollywood,  I feel angry that the industry stayed at a mediocre level, I have seen the music industry take giant strides but the Movie industry doesn't want to improve. Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Salma Khan, Rai, etc did everything to get better, and improve the standard of Bollywood,  in the 80s it was 500+ movies a year but now its very low and a lot of time and thought is put into their movies the South African movie industry the same, but Nollywood its all crash b@ng wallop!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

'Living In Bondage' Sequel, The Ramsey Nouah Connection. Fans Excited! / Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. / Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.