Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,614 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (809728 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spacyzuma(m): 6:50am On May 09, 2018
blunts007:
They are racist in Glasgow i feel England is more cosmopolitan.. You walking on d streets and some white dude crosses over to d pda side..

That happens in almost every UK city I've been too. You'll learn to ignore.
Another racist behaviour is people refusing to sit beside you on the bus or train. grin
Or when you stand up to give the space to an old person, and the person ignores you and prefers to stand grin grin

Anyway, I much prefer Glasgow to Murder Capital.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by SmoothDad: 3:15pm On May 09, 2018
I have been bored and lonely here in Manchester. The social life is missing. Social apps are not helping matters. Who's anywhere around Manchester pls? Hit me up once U read this
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by deolutolu(m): 8:35am On May 10, 2018
Hello,

Good morning guys. I just arrived in the UK. I need assistance with cheap accommodation in Perth,Scotland. I'll appreciate any form of assistance. Also, does anyone know how I can reach Ugugirl, seems she stays in Perth.
Pls guys treat as urgent
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nchabuomo: 7:17pm On May 11, 2018
spacyzuma:

Wetin remain for living sef? grin
Loool
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nchabuomo: 7:22pm On May 11, 2018
blunts007:
They are racist in Glasgow i feel England is more cosmopolitan.. You walking on d streets and some white dude crosses over to d pda side..

Sorry about this...I stay in Glasgow and have experienced nothing but love since arrival. Although I know people might bear a certian sense of resentment towards me(the feeling is mutual) no one has ever showed it outwardly.

Another thing to.guard against is the perception that people are racist inherently, if you build that mindset then you would view everyone with suspicion which is not healthy...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by olaidecash: 2:50pm On May 20, 2018
Pls can anyone recommend affordable accomodation not hostel ,close to central london for two weeks?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by blunts007: 10:42pm On May 22, 2018
I wonder if the same thing happens in the U.S.A
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LaaJiblik: 11:54pm On May 22, 2018
olaidecash:
Pls can anyone recommend affordable accomodation not hostel ,close to central london for two weeks?

“Affordable “ is a relative term.

Travelodges are affordable

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Orofun1: 8:24am On May 23, 2018
I agree completely with you bro, if you have the mindset that people are racists then you will see every action as racism which might not be so. Have an open mind and go about your lawful activities and if there is any racist action directed towards you, remember the law us always there to protect you. I schooled in the UK and have travelled quite a lot in Europe but never experienced racism in any form. Just do your thing and don't send anybody [quote author=Nchabuomo post=67479492]

Sorry about this...I stay in Glasgow and have experienced nothing but love since arrival. Although I know people might bear a certian sense of resentment towards me(the feeling is mutual) no one has ever showed it outwardly.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 9:20am On May 23, 2018
spacyzuma:

Another racist behaviour is people refusing to sit beside you on the bus or train. grin
Or when you stand up to give the space to an old person, and the person ignores you and prefers to stand
grin grin

personally, I wouldn't class this as racism, as i don't know the reason why ...but i do this myself so i cant point fingers at other.
I sometimes prefer to stand even when there are seats available, space might be tight (the other person might be on the big side) or i want to make a call and don't want to inconvenience anyone...or could just be going a few stops..
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 9:21am On May 23, 2018
SmoothDad:
I have been bored and lonely here in Manchester. The social life is missing. Social apps are not helping matters. Who's anywhere around Manchester pls? Hit me up once U read this

Try the colourful churches....
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by blunts007: 5:00pm On May 24, 2018
SmoothDad:
and also the girls here have small butts. Unlike the thick ones am used to in Naija..�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 3:57pm On May 26, 2018
DisGuy:

personally, I wouldn't class this as racism, as i don't know the reason why ...but i do this myself so i cant point fingers at other.
I sometimes prefer to stand even when there are seats available, space might be tight (the other person might be on the big side) or i want to make a call and don't want to inconvenience anyone...or could just be going a few stops..
Some of these guys smell, you know?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by blunts007: 7:26pm On May 26, 2018
spacyzuma:

Or when you stand up to give the space to an old person, and the person ignores you and prefers to stand grin grin

but thats some dumb shiit these guys are just clowns. In the 21st century they still thinking this way
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by blunts007: 7:30pm On May 26, 2018
DisGuy:

I guess your in denial but you know what your brothers have stated here is a fact. The Blackman is seen as a threat everywhere I cant understand d logic behind all these but for those of you comming this are some of a few things you would be seeing on a regular.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 8:09pm On May 26, 2018
blunts007:
but thats some dumb shiit these guys are just clowns. In the 21st century they still thinking this way
These set of guys haven't travelled out of their domain let alone being educated to college level. They havnt mingled with rest of the world.You can imagine level of illiterate narrated by their actions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Orofun1: 10:12pm On May 27, 2018
Bad boy, have fun bro...but be careful with white girls,
they can fly like a butterfly and at the same time sting like a bee...just a word of advice.
blunts007:
and also the girls here have small butts. Unlike the thick ones am used to in Naija..�

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by captainhoo: 3:29pm On May 28, 2018
spikesC:

Lmao grin grin grin

awwww, don't worry. You'll get used to it eventually and it wouldn't bother you anymore.
From my experience, the smaller towns are a bit nicer to foreigners than London, Manchester etc.
From my experience, It's the other way round. In bigger cities, no one even looks at you.everyone is in a hurry just like Lagos

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by blunts007: 10:14am On May 29, 2018
Orofun1:
they can fly like a butterfly and at the same time sting like a bee...just a word of advice.
lolz.. Funny ..
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by blunts007: 10:17am On May 29, 2018
Orofun1:
can you expatiate further. Perhaps theres something the other Ninjas here can learn.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Shugarlord213: 10:32am On May 29, 2018
ell77:

In that area there are some shops like Sainsbury's but it is a predominantly white area. Your best bet will be to look for a carer role earning about £7 plus per hour. You should be able to contact agencies. This will allow you to get 20 hours of work. After this you can look into security roles or fast food/store assistant roles.

The cheapest way to move around in town or outside of town (like to London)? The only transport methods available will be car, taxi, bus, tube, train and bike. Or course bicycle will always be cheapest. You may need a car depending on where you go to as the bus system wont be as regular as that of London.

Can I work as a student in uk?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 10:51am On May 29, 2018
blunts007:
can you expatiate further. Perhaps theres something the other Ninjas here can learn.
Get to know their age. Below 18yrs can land you deported, even jailed. Also, you dont force your way through whatever, it should be mutual, and dont take advantage of any situation. He who has ear, let him hear..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fizzile(m): 11:23am On May 29, 2018
Shugarlord213:

Yeah you can
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by blunts007: 12:36am On May 31, 2018
guiddoti:
Get to know their age. Below 18yrs can land you deported, even jailed. Also, you dont force your way through whatever, it should be mutual, and dont take advantage of any situation. He who has ear, let him hear..
I thought 16 was the minimum age??
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 11:39pm On May 31, 2018
blunts007:
I thought 16 was the minimum age??
16 is still minor by law when it comes to "freelance". 18 is actually major by law, he/she is to take cause of his/her actions.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Chimpazeeee: 1:49am On Jun 01, 2018
Ddszzs
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Orofun1: 6:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
Most of those white girls crush on black guys but it can quickly turn the other way round.....let me tell you a quick story, I have a white chick who is so very fond of me, she wanted us to date but I kinda like her friend more so I always try to avoid getting too close to her...one Friday night around 11pm she called me that her cab disappointed her and she is scared of staying alone (she was at the club) to wait for another cab,
mind you my crib was close to the club, so I decided to go pick her, when I got there I didn't let her see me immediately and I was surprised to see her in d midst of about 3 white guys. I picked my phone and called her asking where she is and who is with her and to my surprise she told me she is alone ...I had to go back home from there cos it does look like a setup to me. I never asked her and we are still friends till today. A white girl can sleep with you today and hate you tomorrow without any reason. Please if you must play , stick with black girls whether Naija or Britico, they understand us better, and trust me I am speaking from experience....
blunts007:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Orofun1: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
20 hours per week during term time and unlimited during holidays for postgraduate students, I am not sure about undergrad...
Shugarlord213:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 7:21pm On Jun 02, 2018
Orofun1:
20 hours per week during term time and unlimited during holidays for postgraduate students, I am not sure about undergrad...
Both have similar regulations.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by apostlejuly(m): 11:42pm On Jun 02, 2018
Orofun1:

Is there any way one can still get other jobs apart from the 20hrs per week stuff
Like working more and making more money apart from holidays?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
apostlejuly:

Is there any way one can still get other jobs apart from the 20hrs per week stuff
Like working more and making more money apart from holidays?
Are you going for studies or job? 20 hrs is enough for student during academic period, then, you are free to work long hours during summer (end of session)
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Ameera2018(f): 9:32am On Jun 04, 2018
Please where is the best place to stay in

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.