Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (533338 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by nicerichard05: 6:58am On May 23, 2016
ekpblues8:
@LAMAMA1:my cousin just started class at selkirk college 2day. hes studying business administration diploma(2 yrs) at undergraduate level.presently in his 1st year. he travelled on 28th dec 2015.

Pls how much is the required tuition fees for the course nd prog you stated above. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by crest2j(m): 7:52pm On May 23, 2016
hello NL, I want to further ma academic in canada, I was hoping if dere is any NL in Canada dat can help me with some schools der program is not costly tnx
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by CassetteBoy(m): 1:29pm On May 24, 2016
agiboma:

hello there, I'm arriving Toronto in August. please are you letting out your rooms?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mickeyenglish(m): 2:17am On May 25, 2016
Morning everyone!

I'm thinking of studying in Canada immediately after my first degree. I'm currently in my final year as an English-language student at the Obafemi Awolowo University. Though, through this thread, I have learnt a lot on the steps and processes needed to make that dream a possibility but there's another angle to it. Is it possible for me to gain admission into a tertiary institution in Canada without applying from Nigeria? Because as I speak, I'm currently working on a Canadian permanent residence visa here in Nigeria, though it is going to take approximately 12 months to work it out with alot of money. My problem is that I don't want to take decisions that I might regret later. I have alot of friends in the US and Canada who didn't go through the student Visa route and did not sit for toefl, sat, or gre but on getting there, they registered for a sort of foundation programme which took about 6-8months. All I want from the gurus in this forum is to give candid opinions and advice on this urgent matter.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by CassetteBoy(m): 11:37am On May 25, 2016
ifegy:

hi Ifegy, please do you know of any affordable accommodation around University of Toronto for fall session?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by pinkettrox(f): 1:39am On May 27, 2016
Pls help a 19 yrs old!!!
So i found this school called Bow valley college in Alberta. I think am interested but am still really not clear about somethings:
1. It is a college so they offer certificate courses/ diploma . Which should I consider as I want to study Business. Although am in Uni here in Naija. I really want don't want to spend 4 years in Uni and the dollar rate is crazy so I really want to go for not so expensive one. But nobody seems to mention this school. How is it ? Pls help a girl
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by obehivan: 3:48pm On May 29, 2016
Please I need help.anybody in msc in bradon university?pls what is the overal estimate of fees to be paid. Thankss
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by bayocanny: 9:51pm On May 29, 2016
pinkettrox:
Pls help a 19 yrs old!!!
So i found this school called Bow valley college in Alberta. I think am interested but am still really not clear about somethings:
1. It is a college so they offer certificate courses/ diploma . Which should I consider as I want to study Business. Although am in Uni here in Naija. I really want don't want to spend 4 years in Uni and the dollar rate is crazy so I really want to go for not so expensive one. But nobody seems to mention this school. How is it ? Pls help a girl
When did you finished high school and what level are you presently?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by bayocanny: 9:54pm On May 29, 2016
crest2j:
hello NL, I want to further ma academic in canada, I was hoping if dere is any NL in Canada dat can help me with some schools der program is not costly tnx
Are you for UG, Msc, PGC,PGD or PhD?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chaiks: 7:20am On Jun 02, 2016
Hello gud men of this forum. Kudos. Please I v been searching all along for Canadian schools that I'll suit my desired course of study. Now I've found like three gud ones. Now I v all my documents except the ielts that I I'll write by September. Now please are there schools that offer free tuition waiver or full MSc scholarship for a good 2.1 Nigerian graduate?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Bioboy1213(m): 11:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
earthgreeners:
@all
Can I begin to apply for fall 2013 start @ this time?...I hope its not too early...Im going for a research based program.
I am applying to University of Manitoba, University of Saskatchewan, Memorial University of Newfoundland
you now in manitoba or which province are you now ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chekz169: 3:21am On Jun 03, 2016
bayocanny:

Are you for UG, Msc, PGC,PGD or PhD?

Hi, i recently graduated from university of ibadan with a 2:2, i want to apply for PGD in memorial university and then do my master. Pls can you help out? Or any guru in the house.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by bayocanny: 7:07am On Jun 03, 2016
chekz169:

Hi, i recently graduated from university of ibadan with a 2:2, i want to apply for PGD in memorial university and then do my master. Pls can you help out? Or any guru in the house.
You already have Bsc so why PGD instead of Msc?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chekz169: 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
bayocanny:

I have been hearing this news that university in canada do not accept applicant with 2:2 result
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2016
Please, when is it good to make applications to memorial university and Saskatchewan university for PhD program. (2017/2018 session)
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Omodollyp: 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2016
Hello,

I'm interested in going to Canada of my masters program by winter next year but I cant find programs that I'm qualified for and that are offering admission for winter next year. I studied mass communication for undergraduate. I will really appreciate some advice.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by iyobs7(f): 7:17am On Jun 05, 2016
Please can someone help me with any cheap universities that offer Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science or any related field? And also the cheapest please and most affordable ones!

cc: justwise
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by adesbaba: 12:42pm On Jun 06, 2016
i read accounting and graduated with a 2:2 ...pls i intend going for my pgd in any business related field immediately after my nysc which will end march next year prior msc cos of d 2:1 and 1st class boundary.....pls i nid info abt CHEAP COLLEGES in canada.....thanks friends i want to start my planning
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Kehnyshavin: 7:09am On Jun 07, 2016
bayocanny:

Hi there Bayo and other mods,please help a brother out.i am thinking of applying for my masters study in Canada, I would like to know which universities are cheap,Technology inclined(want to study something software related) and have a strong Nigerian presence. I would appreciate all the help I can get,.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Kehnyshavin: 7:24am On Jun 07, 2016
Siga:
.... Ahh... there u go...I can bet top dollar, they wont be the first or last to be "assisted" by the church... wink wink ... all na packaging grin grin ...case closed...lol... I dey cool my brother... hope all is well..
Hi there Siga,please I would like your help on universoties in Canada that have high number of nigerians,cheap and technology inclined.
Thanks bros
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Kehnyshavin: 7:29am On Jun 07, 2016
GboyegaD:

That is possible because it is "Cherubim and Seraphim Movement Church". How have you been?
Morning bros,please help a brother out. Need to apply for my masters in Canada and need names of universities that are cheap,have a good number of nigerians and have good computer science facilities
Thanks bros
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by bayocanny: 8:56am On Jun 07, 2016
Kehnyshavin:

Hi there Bayo and other mods,please help a brother out.i am thinking of applying for my masters study in Canada, I would like to know which universities are cheap,Technology inclined(want to study something software related) and have a strong Nigerian presence. I would appreciate all the help I can get,.
Thanks
There's a thread on nairaland that deals with studying in canada, I will refer you to the thread so as to have first hand information how on to start your application and all. But to the best of my knowledge, UPEI, MUN and Bradon university are the cheapest.
Check here www.nairaland.com/3024188/travelling-canada-part-10/160
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by bayocanny: 8:59am On Jun 07, 2016
Omodollyp:
Hello,

I'm interested in going to Canada of my masters program by winter next year but I cant find programs that I'm qualified for and that are offering admission for winter next year. I studied mass communication for undergraduate. I will really appreciate some advice.
For the benefits of yours kindly join this thread. www.nairaland.com/3024188/travelling-canada-part-10/160
If I can hear you clearly you said you can't find program that you are qualified for...how do u mean?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by bayocanny: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2016
guiddoti:
Please, when is it good to make applications to memorial university and Saskatchewan university for PhD program. (2017/2018 session)
Start now
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by guiddoti: 10:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
bayocanny:

Start now
ok, thanks man
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by seyo99: 11:26am On Jun 14, 2016
please is there anyone in montreal that can tell if it is possible to secure a part time job as a student without knowledge of french.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Brythman: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Please, I would need an advice on a school in Canada where I can do my Msc on finance with lots of Nigerian there, a good affordable tuition and fee, homestay and a good job opportunities.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by azuka15: 8:40am On Jun 18, 2016
Please help explain this to me if u know the answers.
1. I got admission into one of the diploma course in one school in kampools province in canada for fall semester and they said i should pay first semester fees before sending me my official admission letter. is it how is done?
2. How do i pay the money the amount is 8310, apart from atm online transfer which is costly.

3. Is kampools good for study and leaving as a new foreign student.

Thanks for your urgent reply.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Buskod: 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
Pls anyone in university of Guelph ? Or heading there this fall ? Pls I need accommodation .urgent pls.thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by adeolams: 4:28am On Jun 19, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.