Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (533320 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mattlock: 12:38pm On Nov 23, 2016
hi, I am thinking of relocating to Canada via study visa. I would like to know the average cost of living in Canada as at today that will cover basic needs like house, clothing , food and study. I know different state/province will have different cost but on the average for an average guy. if you can give it by location too, I wont mind. thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by kasco2pro: 4:03am On Nov 24, 2016
mattlock:
hi, I am thinking of relocating to Canada via study visa. I would like to know the average cost of living in Canada as at today that will cover basic needs like house, clothing , food and study. I know different state/province will have different cost but on the average for an average guy. if you can give it by location too, I wont mind. thank you

YOU COULD TRY THIS LINK: https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/typical-monthly-expenses-in-canada

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Teddywhiz1: 9:18am On Nov 24, 2016
Please I would like to know what chances I have getting a good job after studying electrical engineering (undergraduate) at the University of Manitoba and also I want to know what steps to take before hand regarding getting a Canadian permanent residence after study
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mattlock: 3:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2016
Teddywhiz1:
Please I would like to know what chances I have getting a good job after studying electrical engineering (undergraduate) at the University of Manitoba and also I want to know what steps to take before hand regarding getting a Canadian permanent residence after study

Chances of getting a job is the grace of God and the efforts you make.
Getting a PR, u need to make sure you have one or more of the following in place...
1) English exam (Celpip or ielts)
2) Some work experience (full time or part time)
3) Educational assessment (WES)
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by remzypossy: 7:10am On Nov 25, 2016
Pls I need help.... Like how much finish Canada student visa..
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by remzypossy: 7:17am On Nov 25, 2016
Once u have been given admission in Canada universities ,can one pay school fees when u get there.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by iluvkpetus: 10:16am On Nov 25, 2016
So I forfeited my admission to a Nigerian university because of my Canadian dream, I've recently been admitted into a University in Canada and submitted my documents at the Canada Visa Office
Below are the documents I submitted

Admission letter from the Canadian University
WASSCE result
Letter of sponsorship from dad
Dad's bank statement,About 7m
A co-sponsor being a uncle with about 5m bank statement
Dad's landed properties

What's my chance of being given the Study Permit Visa?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2016
remzypossy:
Once u have been given admission in Canada universities
,can one pay school fees when u get there.

Yes
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2016
remzypossy:
Pls I need help.... Like how much finish Canada student
visa..

Its hard to tell. It depends on who is doing yours for you or where you are doing it.
Personally i think if you are patient enough to do some research and go through numerous threads on NL, you can do it on your own

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2016
iluvkpetus:
So I forfeited my admission to a Nigerian university because of my Canadian dream, I've recently been admitted into a University in Canada and submitted my documents at the Canada Visa Office
Below are the documents I submitted

Admission letter from the Canadian University
WASSCE result
Letter of sponsorship from dad
Dad's bank statement,About 7m
A co-sponsor being a uncle with about 5m bank statement
Dad's landed properties

What's my chance of being given the Study Permit Visa?

These days anything is possible.
Did you submit anything to prove to them that you will be returning to Nigeria ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Teddywhiz1: 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
holotee:

Chances of getting a job is the grace of God and the efforts you make.
Getting a PR, u need to make sure you have one or more of the following in place...
1) English exam (Celpip or ielts)
2) Some work experience (full time or part time)
3) Educational assessment (WES)

My question now is, as a study permit holder do I need an extra work permit to take part in the co-op internship program? And secondly after studies how do I work considering the fact that my study permit will expire after studies...... In need of urgent reply from anyone
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by visacarina: 3:29am On Nov 26, 2016
Hello house pls I need assistance from the house order of arrangement of document to embassy for student visa

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Omonjoe(m): 11:06am On Nov 26, 2016
Please I need someone to guide me on applying for SOWP online route. When I tried creating a demo account...I did not see where to upload financial documents, marriage certificate, intl passport, my study permit etc . I do not know if I am doing the right thing.

A guide on the online process and possibly a link will be highly appreciated.

Cc
Iyalodeofcanada

Boladan
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Teddywhiz1: 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2016
Please, i have a female friend who is currently studying medicine in university of debreceen Hungary and she has a fiancé currently studying in Canada. I want to know how possible it is for her to join her fiancé in Canada after her studies and also can she practice medicine in Canada after studying in Hungary, if yes what are the steps...... Thanks you all for your contributions in advance
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by xdamson: 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
Hello all,

I will really appreciate if someone can give some advise on application to lambton college, I have heard stories of the college being a scam and not anything you would have thought in reality.

kindly help a brother.

many thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Iyalodeofcanada: 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
Omonjoe:
Please I need someone to guide me on applying for SOWP online route. When I tried creating a demo account...I did not see where to upload financial documents, marriage certificate, intl passport, my study permit etc . I do not know if I am doing the right thing.

Cc
Iyalodeofcanada

Boladan
Financial document is not a requirement. People just do add it just in case. You should review your answers to those question. You may have answered some of the wrongly.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Omonjoe(m): 3:06am On Nov 27, 2016
I think I did to the best of my knowledge. Its under work permit right?

Please I will appreciate if you can itemise the steps for me to follow. I think I answer questions for the wrong permit.

On the finaicial issue, its stated one should among others meet the finacial requirement

Iyalodeofcanada:

Financial document is not a requirement. People just do add it just in case. You should review your answers to those question. You may have answered some of the wrongly.

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
xdamson:
Hello all,

I will really appreciate if someone can give some advise on application to lambton college, I have heard stories of the college being a scam and not anything you would have thought in reality.

kindly help a brother.

many thanks in anticipation.

I wonder why those people said it was a scam. The College is 46 years old for crying out loud. Anyway, the important factor to consider is if it is a designated learning institution (DLI). Being a DLI helps you in getting a study permit from CIC. If it is not a DLI, ill advise you move on

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
Teddywhiz1:
Please, i have a female friend who is currently studying medicine in university of debreceen Hungary and she has a fiancé currently studying in Canada. I want to know how possible it is for her to join her fiancé in Canada after her studies and also can she practice medicine in Canada after studying in Hungary, if yes what are the steps...... Thanks you all for your contributions in advance

There are quite a number of questions like this on this thread and the answer is almost the same. She can practice in Canada, She can join him, She will need to do qualifying exams in Canada (with respect to her profession). It requires a lot of paper work and can usually take a long time to process too. If its what they really want to do then they should go for it
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
Teddywhiz1:

My question now is, as a study permit holder do I need an extra work permit to take part in the co-op internship program? And secondly after studies how do I work considering the fact that my study permit will expire after studies...... In need of urgent reply from anyone

There is a permit for Coop required to do internship. After studies you can apply for a work permit to enable you work full time. You need to apply for this permit at least 2 or 3 months before your study permit expires.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Frostbaby: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
Please, any idea about yellow card (polio vaccination) being requested for in lagos before boarding. A frd of mine said he was asked, although he was travelling to Australia. Is that applicable to Canada as well? I tot the medicals should cover for all.
Urgent please........ Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
Frostbaby:
Please, any idea about yellow card (polio vaccination) being requested for in lagos before boarding. A frd of mine said he was asked, although he was travelling to Australia. Is that applicable to Canada as well? I tot the medicals should cover for all.
Urgent please........ Thanks.

Returned to Canada early last month and no one asked me for Yellow card going or coming
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by remzypossy: 9:04am On Dec 05, 2016
Sorry please, what are the necessary documents you need when processing your Canada yourself..
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by remzypossy: 9:06am On Dec 05, 2016
Can someone be working studying and working in Canada to help himself to pay his school fees..
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by remzypossy: 9:06am On Dec 05, 2016
Can someone be studying and working in Canada to help himself to pay his school fees..
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by remzypossy: 9:08am On Dec 05, 2016
My uncle want to sponsor me to Canada for student visa, but ones I get there can see a work of and help my self to pay school fees.. Or do they pay school fees from here in Nigeria.. Pls I need answer
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 5:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
remzypossy:
Sorry please, what are the necessary documents you need when processing your Canada yourself..

remzypossy:
Can someone be working studying and working in Canada to help himself to pay his school fees..

remzypossy:
Can someone be studying and working in Canada to help himself to pay his school fees..

remzypossy:
My uncle want to sponsor me to Canada for student visa, but ones I get there can see a work of and help my self to pay school fees.. Or do they pay school fees from here in Nigeria.. Pls I need answer

Once again please read all previous posts !!!
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by kasco2pro: 4:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
Login into your account you created on cic website. then you should see a button "visit, work, study.." click on that. thereafter you will be asked for a code, if you had filled a questionnaire before. if not proceed with the new questions. based on what you fill in the questionnaire will determine what documents you are able to submit.after completing the questionnaire you will see different sections with the require document for submission.

if you can see anything, you can try editing your answers in the questionnaire.

Omonjoe:

Cc
Iyalodeofcanada

Boladan
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by DanielUC(m): 1:27am On Dec 07, 2016
I am an intending student of SAIT too. Please when applying from Nigeria, did you submit your original certificates for the admission processing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.