Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge (11843 Views)

Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr / MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday / MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2007
suprised me too, that he came back from angola with out a scratche. However, like u said it would not be only a PR blunder, but also a tactical blunder. lagosians do not truly have an apriciation of ND issues.
Talking about terrain, I beliv they can place the explosives under water by the supporting pillers-they are excellent swimmers.
The aim of the struggle would be lost if they head for lagos. Why not Abuja?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by queenbee2(f): 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2007
angry  angry They better go MEND things wit d Government instead of dis-MENDing them.  angry  angry
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by aahmed112: 12:59pm On Oct 18, 2007
Abuja wud b a tuff call for 'em, no waterways, one way in, one way out! They'll prob get caught out n they'll b done for, ! I think those guys need 2 chill, mayb i am not up to date on my info but wot xactly do they want now? All their incarcerated pple r out of custody, they gave 'em VP position, Energy ministry, set-up all sorts of fund which is headed by their own natives,

They want to start signing federal cheques?? They can never win with dis violent approach so they better get their heads 2gether n b positive 2 ensure a steady growth! worst thing is, aside of d oil coys who cant let go of d crude burpin fromd ground, no one else is wantin 2 put his eggs in der cos all of dis shit, dunno how dis helps dem, mayb i need some enlightenment,
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by finemocha(f): 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2007
what worries me is that this so called MEND individuals, have prooved to be a group of complete olodos'  i fear that they wont have the mental capacity to ensure people's safety before blowing up the bridge. (i also wonder if they came up with the acronym first then put words to each letter, or they put the words first and it miraculously spelt out MEND).

if they were smart they would target the real culprits homes, by now they should know that the government does not care about the citizens. so by targeting the embezzelers, these fatty bombom politicians will wake up, because it will be soo close to home ya know.

and whoever said htey should leave lagos alone adn come to abuja WAKA ten fold.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2007
I quite agree with aahamed. your approach is highly scholastic. The real issue is that the leaders of the region are the real enemy. I wish the FG would tighten the anti corruption software on them. because they lack the will in translating govt effort to affecting the poor inhabitants of the ND who's lifestyle has been destroyed by the exploration activities. MEND should target them and their ill gotten wealth.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by akenmi(m): 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2007
Guys, despite the irresponsibilty of the personality that issued this threat, terrosist usually
have nothing to loose i think its high time our leaders(of thought) engage this group and find
out what really their grievances are and save Lagos the possible loss of lives and property.
we do not need another IRAQ
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2007
Nigeria will we ever learn anything?The earlier we start thinking the better for we all, we all continue to call it empty threats withount actually considering what they are agitating for.When we make animals out of this people then maybe the theater of terrorism will shift to Nigeria may God help us all
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Pain(m): 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2007
If U Wanna Blow, Just Blow Dont Talk. angry
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2007
willywilly has been banned for extreme idiocy.
Thanks seun , The guy is a terrorist cheesy

MEND are so stupid they issued a warning a fortnight ago that MTN and Celtel should drop the three Nigeria languages from their Call Service center.
Now it is to blow up the 3rd mainland bridge. They are so foolish , they don't know their right from left. They should have tried all these nonesense when a dare devil like Abacha was there. angry

I laugh grin
No need helping them finish all these.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by guardian20: 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2007
3rd mainland bridge in Lagos or where?.There are kidding. na joke, let them go and meet IBORI,ALAM,Dopesi,and other Niger Delta  corrupt leaders.Why 3rd mailand bridge in lagos.Na den money they use build am?Pls tell them to go ahead and do their Treat, God go punish All Of them,
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by firstborn: 2:04pm On Oct 18, 2007
Please let us listen to MEND. A hungry and angry people like MEND can do anything. The government should listen to them and alleviate the suffering of the people. We dont need them to blow up bridges and people b4 govt can listen. A word is enough for all of us. God bless Nigeria.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by teena(f): 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2007
MEND is fighting a lost battle.   The problem with Niger Delta is not the Federal Government rather its the NIGER DELTA LEADERS.  Sorry to say this but its true.  Am not an indigene but I live in the area.  The truth is that some remote villages in the Niger Niger are in a very pitiable condition.   But, its disheartening that people from other areas are advocating for peace and improvement of standard of living for these people whereas their own indigenes do not care about them.

If you meet some of these Militants or some of them that are into oil bunkery, you will bow because of the kind of expensive cars they are using and their high life styles.  Again, meet majority of their Leader, old men though, but they will continue to accumulate wealth even for their unborn generation instead of assisitng the exiting one. If they are fighting a just cause, why cant they circulate the availabe resources for the good of thier kinsmen? The Oil Gaints like SHELL, CHEVRON etc are spending huge sums of money on these people but such money do not get to them.  Few of their leaders and the so-called Elites would share the cash and instigate the boys to cause fracas.

The fact remains that those militants can never stop the criminal act because they are not ready to do  geninue jobs and collect pea nuts in the name of salary. Neither are they ready to embark on trade for small small change.  They are living big and they would always want to enjoy such status.  They are just criminals, they are not fighting for anybody but for their own selfishness.

Also, their leaders are aware that the more they steal the money and deprive other poor citizens of comfort the more they would be respected and recognised.  Therefore, they will continue to loot.  Just imagine, Ibori syphoned the State Treasury and instead of  him to spend it on his people by attending to some of these problems, he went to save Billions of dollars in another man's country. The same case with other leaders of Niger Delta both in the government and in their local communities.  PURE INSANITY, WHO IS FOOLING WHO?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by nigeria1: 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2007
teena is it give hand out to the people that the oil company should be doing. Or building refinary in the area for this jobless men to have jobs.  You think if they have job, they would have time for MEND. They are jobless and have lost hope in themself,  and need a channel of escape. As long as the oil companies refuse to build refinary and the USA refused to build factory MEND would remain in them.

Hand out Egunje by the oil companies is not the solution. Refinary and USA factory is the solution. Nigerian speak better english than India, but all call center in the USA were relocated to india,  Why did they not relocate it to Nigeria.

Oil licence should non be issue based on refining the oil, it should Explore, Refined and Export(ERR) and nigerian own companies should be allow to Explore and Export

see my post again

look go to delta, apart from the ibru family that built, a factory i can't remember where,  may sapele or so, i remember seen something like ibru sign up there,  the others did not care to build anything. but my dear governor built many house in london,  if you take state money buy house for london, where you go get money build factory in the niger delta. Fear God. Nobody they carry money go heaven. GO TO BALYESA, and you go weep,  the number of ALAM houses in london is enough to beautified the place. Dont you people fear God. Have you lost your mind. What about the other fellow Uhrobo, ijaw man you are stealing their money to build wealth you would never use. oyinbo get law, if you no get will, govt go take the house from your children.

God is waiting for that ONE in the Niger Delta to stand up and take leadership.

And now to shell, chevron, and mobil. Look I wish Yar Adua would revoke your licence, and hand it over to Nigerian companies. You may ask why. How on earth for 40 years, you have explored the oil in the Niger delta and none of you care to build a refinery. 40 years is a long time. If this USA, the USA govt would revoke your licence. This 3 companies have not be part of Niger delta develop.  You are non perform companies and your licence should be revoke. Which is the practice in the USA.  Nigeria should give shell, mobil and chevron 1 year to start building refinary or automatically their licence give revoke by 1 oct 2008.

You see , you know your friend by what they do to you. If shell, chevron and mobil have fail for 40 years, after making more than $200 Billion from the Niger Delta . but failed to build a refinery for less than $1billion, you know they are only there to use Nigeria. In develop countries they would kick them out. Nigeria should kick this companies out. just because the same companies have gone to other countries where they have made less money and built refinery there. It shows their are not our friend.

Look If America companies can go to china to built factory, china , I mean china the USA worst enermy. And the USA call themself our friend, REALLY,  and they refuses to set up 1 factory in Nigeria, you know they consider us as enermy. even worst that china. The USA companies are treating us as Enermy. there is no single USA companies in Nigeria.   And Nigeria have to use what he as to develop. If oil is what we have. We give it to people on demand. It is money for hand and back for ground like Ashawo. We should switch who we sell oil to. It is a free market. We should dump the USA. for china,  if the USA companies fail to be friendly. This is pure busines and not sentiment. the USA would dump any one or country if they do not need. We should do the same in oil. This would increase gas price in the USA and force USA companies to think twice about Nigeria.

The federal govt should revoke the licence of this 3 companies for non performance, I tell their are more than 100 companies allover the world willing to replace them from Germany, canada, india, korea. They have fail Nigeria and the people of Niger Delta. Even give the licence to nigerian or countries who are willing to build refinary.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2007
Nigeria as a Nation is on a faulty foundation. Its so bad that we the youths can no longer view issues objectively and logicaly. some one even recommended destroying the whole ND region
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2007
jujukemist:

Its so bad that we the youths can no longer view issues objectively and logicaly. some one even recommended destroying the whole ND region
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS THE TRUTH, Did the Niger Delta Militants viewing things objectively and logicaly.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2007
I doubt if you know what I am talking about. If you are this forward why did you castigate willywilly?
check my contributions-I donot do militancy online
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by bolseas(f): 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2007
u guys are advising MEND/Millitants-cum-Terrorists to instead bomb Abuja, so dat their voices could be heard.
i belive that is not anywhere near a wise advise.  angry

first, are they fighting a just course? afteralll they ve being kidnapping pple aand making billions from ransom.
why cant they use d ransom to develop their regions. like what some1 said earlier. the money given to   Elrufai was spent wisely on beautifying Abuja. the govt of obasanjo set up d NDDC, was/is the NDDC chairman from the southwest excluding d NDDC memeber states, eastern or  northern part?
their govenors, senators who ruled or are ruling them were/are from their region, why cant dey go and bomb d houses of their corrupt leaders' prperties.

their region will also nt be developed bcs of most of the lazy youths there. if u want to construc a factory or company there, u will pay compensation to about 10 diff groups claiming to be landowners. for instance, the power project in dat region is having setbacks bcs d youths threatend to kidnap project engineers if dey re nt compensated.

well sha, if dey redirect their threat to Abuja, then dey shld head straight to Aso villa (not Aso Rock, Aso rock is a rock very close to Aso villa. Aso villa was named after d rock) and bomb the NA at least maybe peace will return to dat house. and not wuse 2 bcs of banks, nt maitama where i earn my legitimate salary and nt kubwa where i live.   wink

ciao
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Globaltech: 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2007
I strongly believe that these guys should be taken serious the FEDS should take care of them ,may be they are being sponsored. I have never seeing where violent solves problems.Why cant they dialogue. I hereby call on security operatives in Nigeria to be @alert.If you are asking for your rights there are  better ways out. This shouldn't be a joking matter.Please : My dear Gov, Yaradua have you heard me ?.EKO ONI BAJE.  shocked
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tkb417(m): 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2007
@Seun
na wa o. dat willywilly guy na craze.
Make den blow where i dey pass go work. shey na him go provide another job for me grin grin grin

@South/South people
Make una help speak waffy to this guyz o, they cant blow our bridge o. I go vex o
All na shakara, if na dem papa born dem, make den try am.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2007
While they should be taken seriously,MEND should also know that they are taking this statement too far!
Like I said b4 its either they are bluffing or they have already planted the explosives via underwater manoeuvres
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tkb417(m): 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2007
Time to run to Abuja.
explosives under water. chei!!

@Bolseas
Abuja all the way. Like you said, they should send the bomb to correct place if they wanna choose Abuja, not Gana street in maitama abeggg.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2007
Bros if u neva stay for inside creek wey gas flare na ur street lite,where fish no they riva,where education na gold, where the people dey disconected from the rest of Nija, u fit no know wetin and how then dey feel.Pray make the bomb no meet you.people wey suffer for them hand know howfar. My friend lost his soldier brother in the ND.Situation don complex. We are praying for true Nigeria to evolve
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tkb417(m): 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2007
Bros if u never stay for inside creek wey gas flare na your street lite,where fish no they riva,where education na gold, where the people dey disconected from the rest of Nigeria, u fit no know wetin and how then dey feel.Pray make the bomb no meet you.people wey suffer for them hand know howfar. My friend lost his soldier brother in the ND.Situation don complex. We are praying for true Nigeria to evolve
i don dey pray because u don dey sound like real juju. abi which kind horror film u dey try narrate for here?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Mamajama(m): 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2007
ha ha ha , juju, I saw couple of those thugs on TV talking of been invincible to bullet, lol
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2007
grin
tk you are funny. The fact is we need to have a balanced view of the present situation. Truly speaking our military can do little for the following reasons
1 they are also very corrupt.
2 they lack terrain analytical appreciation
3 to effectively evict these guys would involve destroying the same oil installations that produce the oil wealth.
these militants know these things thats why they are using both the people and the oil installations as shields and collateral
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2007
jujukemist:

Bros if u never stay for inside creek wey gas flare na your street lite,where fish no they riva,where education na gold, where the people dey disconected from the rest of Nigeria, u fit no know wetin and how then dey feel.Pray make the bomb no meet you.people wey suffer for them hand know howfar. My friend lost his soldier brother in the ND.Situation don complex. We are praying for true Nigeria to evolve
and who caused their problems:Is it not their leaders

South West should also be requesting for 50% derivation for cocoa proceeds and all region should start asking for their own derivation or else they blow down Niger Bridge in Onitsha
How will you feel? angry
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2007
Mamajama beliv me, if u truly live in the USA, then the tv show was a joke! the real militants control the tempo, down here in the ND.
Common thieves who are cashing in on the chaos where the ones caught and paraded on tv.
The way out is to jail all the ND leaders for they are pathologically corrupt. And development should be brought to the masses. Real education is a major antidote.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tkb417(m): 3:34pm On Oct 18, 2007
Juju
where are you sef? KD or ND?
Shey PH don dey safe? cos i suppose enter that side for Tuesday. Sebi i no kuku be oyinbo. Na oyinbo den dey kidnap
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by somze(f): 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2007
mdsocks:

and who caused their problems:Is it not their leaders

South West should also be requesting for 50% derivation for cocoa proceeds and all region should start asking for their own derivation angry
How much does Cocoa amount to with respect to our Revenue?
Hell, the South West is run by the Oil money from the ND. Look back at our financial records then tell me the percent of our revenue got from Oil, compare that to whatever crop the west gives.

Anyway MEND has no right to bomb no bridge whether in lagos, ph or abuja. The bombings are a disgrace. The govt must stand up to this threat of our security and lives.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2007
tk na Kaduna I dey.
mdsocks, the way you yan suprises me.abi you no know say we all want make the regions control even up to 80%.
how cocoa concern ND neglect with MEND's miscalculation?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2007
somze, I hail you. thanks for talking sense-though I suspect mdsocks no go agree
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2007
What most of you guys have been posting here is how the threat is a joke and how the whole of Niger-Delta should be wiped out because of MEND. What happens to their oil after wiping them out?

We forget that even an individual can blow up the expired Third Mainland and Eko bridges the same day.

Like jujukemist said; Nigeria was biult on a faulty foundation. So i wander why we expect less than this.
All we do now is blame their greedy governors of just 8 years and throw away about 30 something years of general leadership by the Nigerian government.

These crooks (MEND) trying to provoke conflict in the Nigeria might have had a geniune intention innitialy, but the subsequent Fed govts saw them as childs play.

MEND, whether your threat will become reality or a joke as most people here think, i hope you will put the masses into consideration.
tkb417:

@Seun
na wa o. that willywilly guy na craze.
Make den blow where i dey pass go work. shey na him go provide another job for me grin grin grin
Did FG provide job for these militants turned terrorist in the first place. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed / Court Sacks Abdurauf Moddibo, Adamawa APC Rep-elect / National Assembly Shifts Resumption By Two Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.