Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion (15105 Views)

Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses / Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Sweetnecta: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
@Frosbel:
by frosbel(m): 4:09pm
The blind cannot see, ask them.
No wonder they don't know that 1 is 3? I see your point with the brilliance of the light that comes from 1 is equal to 3.

But when the sight of a blind man is restored he begins to appreciate the light.
absolutely because 3 is always 1 just like a triangle is always a perfect circle.

Same thing, you cannot know that something exists when you are in a pitch dark room, but when the light is turned on , you appreciate that it does indeed exist.
Is there 3 making up 1 of the same thing? This is the light you are shining to me; its deceit and I don't buy it.

Summary is , the mind of man is alienated from the life of God and except the light of God shines on such a heart , the understanding will remain perpetually darkened.
is this where God is not not the Author of confusion or we still have to hang on the mystery of ghost, son etc or we just have to accept the gospel taught my cursing Paul in order to advance a message; winning soul for the cross.
I remember now that some of the personal disciples of Jesus disagreed with latter saint Paul.

one question for you: will Judas Iscariot be in the kingdom of heaven promised by Biblical Jesus on the pages of the "word"? If not, how sure are you of your own destination since you could not have been a better follower of Jesus? Your light is driving into darkness, instead of driving closer to the area covered by the light source!
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Frosbel: No wonder they don't know that 1 is 3? I see your point with the brilliance of the light that comes from 1 is equal to 3.

absolutely because 3 is always 1 just like a triangle is always a perfect circle.

Is there 3 making up 1 of the same thing? This is the light you are shining to me; its deceit and I don't buy it.

is this where God is not not the Author of confusion or we still have to hang on the mystery of ghost, son etc or we just have to accept the gospel taught my cursing Paul in order to advance a message; winning soul for the cross.
I remember now that some of the personal disciples of Jesus disagreed with latter saint Paul.

one question for you: will Judas Iscariot be in the kingdom of heaven promised by Biblical Jesus on the pages of the "word"? If not, how sure are you of your own destination since you could not have been a better follower of Jesus? Your light is driving into darkness, instead of driving closer to the area covered by the light source!

You don't want to start again with me, trust me grin
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2012
ijawkid:

I AM means an individual under consideration,,,......

I AM is nt an expression limited to GOD..its not somebody's name.....

Remember God didn't want to disclose his name to moses and so he told him. To tell the isrealites that""I AM THAT I AM"" has sent him.....

But ofcus we know I AM THAT I AM isn't a name....that's why moses waited for the very name that lasts forever and Yahweh gave him that name to tell the isrealites.......

And that name is the tetregrammaton that was removed from many bibles....(YHWH)....

Yahweh disclosed his name in verse 15 of exodus chapter 3....

And that tetragrammaton is what appears over 7000 times in d hebrew scriptures......

If we want to tag the word ""I AM"" anytime we see it to mean GOds name then we'll run into some problems(contradictions will arise)....

Read that exodus 3:13-15 and pin point that name that will last forever......

It is also when some1 is asked his name for confirmation and then the person affirmatively answers ""I AM""....
Does that make the person Yahweh??

Let's say I'm interviewing u for a job and after checking up ur CV I now ask you:::
Are u OLAADEGBU?

Ofcus your answer will be ""I AM""...isn't it??

Your personal name is OLAADEGBU while your saying I AM only shows you are the individual under consideration and ur affirming that YOU are YOU not some1 else.........

Can you truly read Exodus 3:14-15 and say that God did not mention His name to Moses? Your analogy is disjointed and out of place because Moses did not say are you Yahweh and God then replied 'I AM' Moses asked for His name and God said I AM has sent you, read further and you will see that he revealed Yahweh which is the self existing One who is simply 'always'
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2012
ijawkid: That is why Jesus too could use the expression ""I AM""

Like he'll say I AM the d way,...that no one can come to the Father except d person passes through HIM.....

Jesus as we know is a seperate individual from Yahweh........

I AM used by Jesus shows he's talking about himself and the part he plays in reconciling us to the Father(His Father)........

Jesus said it categorically when He responded to the Jews who questioned His authority:

"Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am" (John 8:58).

Here you see the most unmistakable claim to the Deity of Christ and the Jews clearly understood what He meant because they proceeded to take up stones to judge what they thought was a blasphemous saying.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2012
BARRISTERS: @OLAADEGBU,

True christians dont worship Angels, but they direct their worship to God,even an Angel instruct john who bows for him to 'worship God' by rejecting worship,so worship must be directed only to God, thats why christ is called 'the mediator'

Mediator refer to:

A neutral party who assists in negotiations and conflict resolution, the process being known as mediation

read the bible verse that 'killed the notion' of jesus-man or man-jesus below reffering to God as 'one'.
Galatians 3:19-23

19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and[b] it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.[/b] 20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only,[size=18pt] but God is one[/size].

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. 22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.

The highlighted paragraph above proves Jesus is Deity because God the Father commanded the angels to bow down and worship the Son.

"And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him" (Hebrew 1:6).
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2012
BARRISTERS: @OLAADEGBU
The emphasis is here in verse 20;
[size=18pt]20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one[/size].

God is here being Distinguished apart from the 'mediator' in one sentence.... but God is one.

There is no doubt that God is One, afterall, 1 x 1 x 1 = 1
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:33pm On Aug 01, 2012
truthislight:
Good question.
If we follow what Jesus christ taught like in matthew 6:9,10
The model prayer, here Jesus said we should pray:
"our father, who act in heaven, hallow be thy name"
Here Jesus clearly shows whose name we are to hallow. Meaning that we should worship or render sacred the father's name, and whatever we want we should ask the father but through his name(Jesus christ)

they are two distick individual.

We worship the father almighty God through the son Jesus.

This position that jesus occupy is very large since there is no direct access to the Father except through the son Jesus christ, the mediator.

People can only have problem and miss things up if they accept the Trinity doctrine.
Trinitarian will not accept the truth that Jesus is the same as angel michael since the trinity doctrine says Jesus is almight God or Jehovah.
Peace

Until you accept that Jesus is He, you shall die in your sins.

"I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am He, you shall die in your sins" (John 8:24).

Believing in the Deity of Christ Jesus is essential to your salvation.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Sweetnecta: 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2012
@ Frosbel:
by frosbel(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30

You don't want to start again with me, trust me grin
how sincere are you? You have absolute proof that Jesus son of Mary is God? Do you?
You have absolute proof that Holy Ghost is God? Do you?
You have absolute proof that Yahweh is sitting and there are left and right sides to take in others who would be seated? Do you?

You will have problem proving thst sll of the 3 fit nicely and absolute in 1 God, as if each is 1/3 or the out of adding them together make the 1 God that is gotten is a true 1 God, more than each of them. And we know if you good on top of good, you get better.

Please walk away, because can't possibly defend the above and others that I will put forward to overwhelm you, Allah Willing.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus said it categorically when He responded to the Jews who questioned His authority:

"Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am" (John 8:58).

Here you see the most unmistakable claim to the Deity of Christ and the Jews clearly understood what He meant because they proceeded to take up stones to judge what they thought was a blasphemous saying.

What does IAM mean

So when ever some1 uses the phrase I AM then it means God??

Open ya eyes bro.......

Jesus was only proving he had been existing long b4 abraham was born......

I AM is not d name of any person.......

Trinity dogma has made people believe I AM is a name........

Then what was d tetragrammaton for??

Ok let's edit that scripture and say....

""Verily verily I say unto you,before abraham was I AM THAT I AM.""....

Could we fix up I AM THAT I AM in that verse??....

Wuld it make sense??....

Remember d pharisees were wondering how old Jesus could be for him to had known abraham that much.....because they knew Jesus was just a young man.....

Jesus proved that he had been existing long b4 abraham was even born.....

I repeat I AM is nobody's name.....

YAHWEH is d name of the almighty GOD....

Does ur bible have d tetragrammaton @ exodus 3:15
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I thought the equation was 1 + 1 + 1 = 1..??

Has that formula been debunked??

So its now 1 * 1 * 1 = 1..??

So ur also finally drifting to the MODALISM dogma??...SMH!!!
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The highlighted paragraph above proves Jesus is Deity because God the Father commanded the angels to bow down and worship the Son.

"And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him" (Hebrew 1:6).

Angels bow down to Jesus ,Yahweh"s king designate.....

The Word WORSHIP shuld always be considered contextually if not u might get entangled while trying to explain other scriptures......

Please read up matthew 18:26 from the kjv please and other translations.....
Let me quote it..

**King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
The servant therefore fell down, and
worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience
with me, and I will pay thee all
**King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
worshiped him, saying, Lord, have patience with
me, and I will pay you all.
**American King James Version
with me, and I will pay you all.

Take a look @ other translations bro...

**New International Version (©1984)
"The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be
patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay
back everything.'
#**New Living Translation (©2007)
"But the man fell down before his master and
begged him, 'Please, be patient with me, and I
will pay it all.'
**English Standard Version (©2001)
So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him,
‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you
everything.’

the greek word pro·sky·ne′o is what is used both in Hebrews :1:6 & in matthew 18:26....

Ofcus u know that slave mentioned @ matthew 18:26 didn't literally worship d king did he??

The question is when actually shuld we understand the word worship to mean rendering exclusive devotion to Yahweh alone??....and when can we know when worship signifies paying homage,kneeling down b4 a powerful king or prostrating??

Phillipians 2:10 reiterates what it means when angels are to worship Jesus as mentioned @ hebrews 1:6...

There it says in the name of Jesus every knee shall bend both in heaven and on earth(ofcus that excludes Yahweh his Father who elevated him to that poistion..read 1 corinthians 15:27 $ 28)...

My point

Whenever u see the word worship always try to knw what it means....

Since many translators are already trinitarians they always rush to think that when the word worshiped or pro·sky·ne′o is used then it means literally giving worship that belongs to Yahweh to his son Jesus....

Nooooo.....

Context shuld make a wise reader know the exegesis to give and how it applies.....

My brother always remember Jesus's words to satan as recorded @ maTthew 4:10....

GOODNEWS BIBLE

""Then Jesus answered """ GO AWAY satan!!!! The scripture says Worship the LORD your GOD and serve only HIM""""...

My question is which GOD was Jesus telling satan to worship??

Was Jesus telling satan to WORSHIP him??

Which GOD was worship to be directed to ALONE??
If only u can imitate Jesus by saying those same words u would discard the trinity dogma.....

2 Likes

Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Angels bow down to Jesus ,Yahweh"s king designate.....

The Word WORSHIP shuld always be considered contextually if not u might get entangled while trying to explain other scriptures......

Please read up matthew 18:26 from the kjv please and other translations.....
Let me quote it..

**King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
with me, and I will pay thee all
**King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
worshiped him, saying, Lord, have patience with
me, and I will pay you all.
**American King James Version
with me, and I will pay you all.

Take a look @ other translations bro...

**New International Version (©1984)
"The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be
patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay
back everything.'
#**New Living Translation (©2007)
"But the man fell down before his master and
begged him, 'Please, be patient with me, and I
will pay it all.'
**English Standard Version (©2001)
So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him,
‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you
everything.’

the greek word pro·sky·ne′o is what is used both in Hebrews :1:6 & in matthew 18:26....

Ofcus u know that slave mentioned @ matthew 18:26 didn't literally worship d king did he??

The question is when actually shuld we understand the word worship to mean rendering exclusive devotion to Yahweh alone??....and when can we know when worship signifies paying homage,kneeling down b4 a powerful king or prostrating??

Phillipians 2:10 reiterates what it means when angels are to worship Jesus as mentioned @ hebrews 1:6...

There it says in the name of Jesus every knee shall bend both in heaven and on earth(ofcus that excludes Yahweh his Father who elevated him to that poistion..read 1 corinthians 15:27 $ 28)...

My point

Whenever u see the word worship always try to knw what it means....

Since many translators are already trinitarians they always rush to think that when the word worshiped or pro·sky·ne′o is used then it means literally giving worship that belongs to Yahweh to his son Jesus....

Nooooo.....

Context shuld make a wise reader know the exegesis to give and how it applies.....

My brother always remember Jesus's words to satan as recorded @ maTthew 4:10....

GOODNEWS BIBLE

""Then Jesus answered """ GO AWAY satan!!!! The scripture says Worship the LORD your GOD and serve only HIM""""...

My question is which GOD was Jesus telling satan to worship??

Was Jesus telling satan to WORSHIP him??

Which GOD was worship to be directed to ALONE??
If only u can imitate Jesus by saying those same words u would discard the trinity dogma.....

2 Likes

Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On Aug 02, 2012
What God was essentially saying in Hebrews 1:6 was that all angels are commanded to worship the true God of creation. And worship here means to bow down to the will of their creator God. If they are to bow down and worship their Creator who are we to question or read another meaning to it? Only God deserves to be worshipped because He is both our Creator and our redeemer and if you don't bow to Him now you will bow to Him on the last day.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2012
ijawkid:

I thought the equation was 1 + 1 + 1 = 1..??

Has that formula been debunked??

So its now 1 * 1 * 1 = 1..??

So ur also finally drifting to the MODALISM dogma??...SMH!!!

1 x 1 x 1 = 1

Therefore,

Father x Son x Holy Spirit = God. Simples wink
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
OLAADEGBU: What God was essentially saying in Hebrews 1:6 was that all angels are commanded to worship the true God of creation. And worship here means to bow down to the will of their creator God. If they are to bow down and worship their Creator who are we to question or read another meaning to it? Only God deserves to be worshipped because He is both our Creator and our redeemer and if you don't bow to Him now you will bow to Him on the last day.

Lol.....

Oboy I believe in the messiah Jesus Christ and that he is my master.....

Ofcus I pay homage to my LOrd Jesus....

But to be sincere I render exclusive devotion to Yahweh the Father and God of Christ Jesus......

I will everly continue to worship the God Jesus worshipped........

The God of Jesus is my God.......

I can't actually worship 2 Gods........that wuld be tantamount to idolatry.....

Meanwhile I just hope u read thru my exegesis conscientiously.........

That word WORSHIP shuld nt just be used any how..............

Phillipians like I said tells u what d angels shuld do......BOW DOWN.....

The bible explains itself BRO.....

Thanks.....
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

1 x 1 x 1 = 1

Therefore,

Father x Son x Holy Spirit = God. Simples wink
Lol....

CheIiiiii.....

God don turn to mathematical entity..........

SMH!!!!!!!!!!......

Well keep believing in the trinity dogma.....

Jesus @ the end will ask u where u got that absurd formula from.......
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.....

But to be sincere I render exclusive devotion to Yahweh the Father and God of Christ Jesus......

Thanks.....

Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Saviour? Your answer to this will determine where you will spend your eternity.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:53am On Aug 03, 2012
ijawkid:
Lol....

CheIiiiii.....

God don turn to mathematical entity..........

SMH!!!!!!!!!!......

Well keep believing in the trinity dogma.....

Jesus @ the end will ask u where u got that absurd formula from.......

Is it not mathematically correct? If it is then Romans 1:20 gives you no excuse to plead ignorance to the divine nature of the Godhead.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Is it not mathematically correct? If it is then Romans 1:20 gives you no excuse to plead ignorance to the divine nature of the Godhead.

Lol.....

And who d hell told u the holy spirit is part of the GODhead??

Did romans1:20 also record that or the nicean creed instigated that??

Oboy be careful o....

If the bible had that formula written boldly we won't be here arguing....

Especially when d whole world of christendom knows how d trinity dogma started.....

Worship the only true GOD Jesus told satan about..........

After all Jesus worshiped him too....

So why shuldnt I imitate Jesus.......

I follow Jesus's every move and action..
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by BARRISTERS: 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2012
@OLAADEGBU

your analogy below clearly shows that you have lost this argument;

you cannot back up your claim above with the bible,the bible has been vindicated on this issue,here is where the problem lies; [1 x 1 x 1 = 1].... clearly exposed 'virus' that has been rendering all glarring bible verses unfruitful and until the virus is properly treated,there seem to be no way out,

if you can read yoruba very well,your formula above is called 'ojoro', or 'cheating' and if you doubt it prove beyond reasonable doubt why it is one multiply by one.... and not one plus one....using the bible only.

No wonder William Tyndale was murdered exposing this mystery? he must have been disgusted by living with 3 in 1 virus that needs to be treated thereby leading a course that exposed 'the greatest lie ever' making the bible more assesible to many so as to raise questions and clarify issues and when olaadegbu could no longer cite any bible verse, he desperately hang on 1 multiply by 1.

you see what i mean,and you have seen clearly where bible would have declared that God is three expecially recognising a neural and separate entity as 'a mediator' between two parties in Galatians 3:19-23.
its fun to engage with trinitarians knowing fully the extent that they can sustain their argument, but at least you even tried until this particular page.
cheers.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Freksy(m): 11:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

It is not mathematically correct. Consider the following:

1apple * 1Orange * 1mango = 1apple * 1Orange * 1mango.................................not = 1 fruit

1apple + 1Orange + 1mango = 1apple + 1Orange + 1mango...............................not = 1 fruit

X * Y * Z = X * Y * Z ......................................................................................not = 1 alphabet
X + Y + Z = X + Y + Z ....................................................................................not = 1 alphabet

Similarly,

1 Father * 1 son * 1 Holy Spirit = 1 Father * 1 Son * 1 Holy Spirit .........................not = 1 God

1 Father +1 son + 1 Holy Spirit = 1 Father + 1 son + 1 Holy Spirit .........................not = 1 God

I challenge you to fault any of the above mathematical expressions.

Note: Your failure or inability to fault any of them will simply mean you are mathematically wrong in your expression of 3 Gods as 1
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:49am On Aug 04, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.....

Thanks.....

I responded to your post on the other thread to ask you whether the Father God is your only saviour or both the Father and the Son. While awaiting for your response let us consider a few more verses.

Let's logically disect the proposition before us.

Talking about the worship of Jesus Christ by His disciples and the angels.

Jesus accepted worship as God:

John 20:28 states:

"Thomas said to Him, My Lord and My God!"

If Jesus is not God, as Thomas exclaimed, then why didn't Jesus correct Thomas for his "error"? You may say that Thomas was merely exclaiming "My Lord and My God!" as many people today do when they are surprised but if this was true don't you think that Jesus would have rebuked him for taking God's name in vain?

The disciples, who lived with Jesus for three years, believed He is God, and so at many other times they worshiped Him. Jesus accepted their worship (see Matthew 28:17, Luke 5:8 ). Since God alone is to be worshiped (Luke 4:8 ), why did Jesus not correct these "mistakes" if He truly is just a man or an angel like you claim him to be? Every other man of God in the New Testament or even angels in the OT who receives worship immediately refuses the worship, declaring that God alone is to be worshiped (Acts 14: 10-16, Rev. 22:8-9). Why didn't Jesus do this in a forceful way like His followers did?

Therefore,

Since only God is to be worshipped, and

Jesus accepted worship,

It's either:

A. Jesus sinned when accepting the worship, thus disqualifying Him as Saviour, or

B. Jesus is God.

Clearly option A is unbiblical:

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." (Hebrews 4:15)

So it must be true that Jesus is God. QED

And this brings us back to what I had postulated earlier in Hebrews 1:6, where God commands the angels to worship Jesus:

"And when He again brought the first-born into the world, He says, And let all the angels of God worship Him."

If Jesus is not God, then God is contradicting Himself when He lets the angels worship Jesus.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01am On Aug 04, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.....

And who d hell told u the holy spirit is part of the GODhead??

Did romans1:20 also record that or the nicean creed instigated that??

Oboy be careful o....

If the bible had that formula written boldly we won't be here arguing....

Especially when d whole world of christendom knows how d trinity dogma started.....

Worship the only true GOD Jesus told satan about..........

After all Jesus worshiped him too....

So why shuldnt I imitate Jesus.......

I follow Jesus's every move and action..

We cannot only prove God's existence but also His divine nature from His creations so don't be surprised that God's word can be confirmed by God's work of creation.

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

If you fail to know God through His revealed Scriptures you cannot miss Him by His creation, His existence is clearly seen through creation so if I use a mathematical formula that has been discovered by scientists you have no excuse to say that you don't know.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:13am On Aug 04, 2012
BARRISTERS: @OLAADEGBU

your analogy below clearly shows that you have lost this argument;

you cannot back up your claim above with the bible,the bible has been vindicated on this issue,here is where the problem lies; [1 x 1 x 1 = 1].... clearly exposed 'virus' that has been rendering all glarring bible verses unfruitful and until the virus is properly treated,there seem to be no way out,

if you can read yoruba very well,your formula above is called 'ojoro', or 'cheating' and if you doubt it prove beyond reasonable doubt why it is one multiply by one.... and not one plus one....using the bible only.

No wonder William Tyndale was murdered exposing this mystery? he must have been disgusted by living with 3 in 1 virus that needs to be treated thereby leading a course that exposed 'the greatest lie ever' making the bible more assesible to many so as to raise questions and clarify issues and when olaadegbu could no longer cite any bible verse, he desperately hang on 1 multiply by 1.

you see what i mean,and you have seen clearly where bible would have declared that God is three expecially recognising a neural and separate entity as 'a mediator' between two parties in Galatians 3:19-23.
its fun to engage with trinitarians knowing fully the extent that they can sustain their argument, but at least you even tried until this particular page.
cheers.

If my analogy is lost on you it's because you've made up your mind without considering the facts. It is elementary calculations that is lost on you and don't blame me for that.

Let me use the same logic to dissect John 1:1 to see who Jesus Christ really is if you truly take the word of God as your final authority.

Let us consider this:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1).

The simple logic of this verse can be summed up as thus:

THE WORD = GOD

In John 1:14 it states:

"The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us."

From these verses we can deduce the following:

JESUS CHRIST = THE WORD

Simple logic declares that

if

A = B,

and

B = C,

then

A = C.

Therefore, since

JESUS CHRIST = THE WORD

and

THE WORD = GOD,

then

JESUS CHRIST = GOD

QED.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 7:34am On Aug 04, 2012
Good job here, Olaadegbu.

And tangential to the issue of Jesus Christ, i.e. God The Son, as object of worship the Bible reflects this in many ways ---- except that people refuse to understand the synchronisation and the synthesis which lead to the inevitable demonstration of the Trinity. Consider the following verses, take them together and consider the implications on the "status" of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit . . .

2 Cor 13:14

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Acts 15:11
No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved . . .

Titus 2:13 (according to the predominantly accepted rendering)

while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ

Jude 1:21
Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

One problem I have noticed with many people who struggle to understand or especially to accept God as Trinity (The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit) is that they are not able to get over the particular mental obstacle of just looking at Jesus and picturing Him solely in the flesh as a human being. In reality, they have not fully engaged with the issue of incarnation and they have not fully understood the ramifications of ascension in particular in addition of course to resurrection.

This is why they struggle when you quote that 1 Timothy 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness**: God* was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

(*Even if you go with the NIV's "He", you will still end with the same result)

** This one is for those who accuse us of cop-out when we speak of "mystery" --- God as 'mystery' and The Trinity as 'mystery'. smiley

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:43am On Aug 04, 2012
Freksy:

It is not mathematically correct. Consider the following:

1apple * 1Orange * 1mango = 1apple * 1Orange * 1mango.................................not = 1 fruit

1apple + 1Orange + 1mango = 1apple + 1Orange + 1mango...............................not = 1 fruit

X * Y * Z = X * Y * Z ......................................................................................not = 1 alphabet
X + Y + Z = X + Y + Z ....................................................................................not = 1 alphabet

Similarly,

1 Father * 1 son * 1 Holy Spirit = 1 Father * 1 Son * 1 Holy Spirit .........................not = 1 God

1 Father +1 son + 1 Holy Spirit = 1 Father + 1 son + 1 Holy Spirit .........................not = 1 God

I challenge you to fault any of the above mathematical expressions.

Note: Your failure or inability to fault any of them will simply mean you are mathematically wrong in your expression of 3 Gods as 1

Who except you doesn't know that apples are different from oranges? Multiplication is different from addition in case you are unaware. If you can't understand simple logic which is elementary how then would you understand complicated maths?

Using just two verses of the Scripture, a devout Christian, named Euler discovered some values useful in mathematics.

He used these verses to discover the mysteries of Pi and e which we now know as (the Natural log and) Euler's identity

ei pi + 1 = 0 (Euler's number or Euler's identity)

These are five constants that symbolizes the 4 major branches of classical mathematics, which was discovered by the devout Christian Euler.

1. Arithmetic is represented by 1 and 0;
2. Algebra is represented by i
3. Geometry is represented by Pi
4. Analysis is represented by e

It connects the five most important constants in mathematics (e, P[i]i[/i], i, 0 and 1) along with three of the most important mathematical operations (addition, multiplication and exponentiation).

e is also found in the Bible in a rather unusual way.

The Greek alphabet has a number corresponding to each letter of its alphabet. If you take the first verse from John 1:1 in the New Testament, in its original Greek;

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)

and calculate:

The number of letters x[/i]the product of the letters divided by the number of words [i]x the product of the words;

You end up with:

= 2.7183 x 1065

e correct to 4 decimal places.

e i Pi + 1 = 0

Pi is also found in the Bible in a rather unusual way. The Hebrew alphabet also has a number corresponding to each letter in its alphabet.

If you take the first sentence of Genesis 1:1 in its original Hebrew:

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (Genesis 1:1) = "Beresheet bara Elohim, et ha-Shamayim et ha-Eretz."

and calculate:

The number of letters x the product of the letters divided by the number of words x the products of the words = 3.1416 x 1017

= Pi correct to 4 decimal places.

e i Pi + 1 = 0

i
was proposed in the 1600's as an imaginary number and is defined as the square root of -1. It was proposed to help solve equations like x2+1=0
Today[i] i[/i], though originally proposed as an imaginary number to solve algebraic problems, is very useful in science and engineering for solving "real world" problems.

That Pi would be found to combine with the number e, and with the number i, to produce such elegant equation is like discovering that three broken pieces of pottery, each made in different countries, could be fitted together to make a perfect sphere. The finding strongly argues for a overarching "Intelligent Design" to mathematics from God.

To further discover that P[i]i[/i] can be found in Genesis 1:1, and e can be found in John 1:1 is like finding that the potter of this "perfect sphere" of mathematics signed His name and is none other than our Lord Jesus Christ !!! I am just left wondering if Jesus hid i, the square root of -1, in the Bible somewhere. Maybe in John 3:16 wink

Euler is considered among the greatest Mathematicians of all time. He was a fervent Christian who defended the Christian faith against many notorious Atheists of his day, such as Voltaire. Among his many accomplishments in higher mathematics, Euler also discovered the "most famous formula" in all of mathematics:

e iP[i]i [/i] + 1 = 0 This formula is called Euler's Number or Euler's Identity.

Euler's number has been called "the most famous of all formulas," because, as one textbook says, "It appeals equally to the mystics, the scientist, the philosopher and the mathematician."

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=c7d9831470f883b65e3d
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 7:45am On Aug 04, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

If my analogy is lost on you it's because you've made up your mind without considering the facts. It is elementary calculations that is lost on you and don't blame me for that.

Let me use the same logic to dissect John 1:1 to see who Jesus Christ really is if you truly take the word of God as your final authority.

Let us consider this:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1).

The simple logic of this verse can be summed up as thus:

THE WORD = GOD

In John 1:14 it states:

"The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us."

From these verses we can deduce the following:

JESUS CHRIST = THE WORD

Simple logic declares that

if

A = B,

and

B = C,

then

A = C.

Therefore, since

JESUS CHRIST = THE WORD

and

THE WORD = GOD,

then

JESUS CHRIST = GOD

QED.

In essence ur also saying that the holy spirit = JESUS.....right??

If A=B=C then u also mean JESUS was the holyspirit too.....

Hope u see how useless ur analogy is........

Think well o b4 u bring mathematics into the bible.......
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 7:54am On Aug 04, 2012
Enigma: Good job here, Olaadegbu.

And tangential to the issue of Jesus Christ, i.e. God The Son as object of worship the Bible reflects this in many ways ---- except that people refuse to understand the synchronisation and the synthesis which lead to the inevitable demonstration of the Trinity. Consider the following verses, take them together and consider the implications on the "status" of Jesus Christ.

One problem I have noticed with many people who struggle to understand or especially to accept God as Trinity (The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit) is that they are not able to get over the particular mental obstacle of just looking at Jesus and picturing Him solely in the flesh as a human being. In reality, they have not fully engaged with the issue of incarnation and they have not fully understood the ramifications of ascension in particular in addition of course to resurrection.

** This one is for those who accuse us of cop-out when we speak of "mystery" --- God as 'mystery' and The Trinity as 'mystery'. smiley

cool

Oboy use other translations to check up ur 1timothy 3:16.....the kjv and the niv spuriously translated that verse.......

There is no mystery about knowing God....u guys invented the mystery to meet up with pagan religion.......

Answer the question up there I asked olaadegbu......

Is JESUS christ the holy spirit??

From olaadegbu's theory A=B=C(ofcus never does d bible say that the holy spirit is a God or God..if there is 1 verse that explicitly says that show me), but 1corinthians 11:3 also tells us that. A>B but that C is no where to be found...........

I tire for ona......

Go and ask constantine,he'll tell u why this dogma exists today.....

If not for him ur brain would have been like that of the Jews and Jesus who worshipped Yahweh.......
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 8:07am On Aug 04, 2012
Enigma: Good job here, Olaadegbu.

And tangential to the issue of Jesus Christ, i.e. God The Son as object of worship the Bible reflects this in many ways ---- except that people refuse to understand the synchronisation and the synthesis which lead to the inevitable demonstration of the Trinity. Consider the following verses, take them together and consider the implications on the "status" of Jesus Christ.

cool

Engima this research is for u incase u haven't done it urself.......

Read......

1 Timothy 3:16
"Great is the mystery of godliness. God was
manifested in the flesh." KJV
The Trinitarian Claim
Trinitarians claim this verse identifies
Jesus as "God" because it says "God was
manifested in the flesh."
Examination of the Evidence
Modern translations do not read, "God" at 1
Timothy 3:16. Trinitarians make this
particular claim by quoting from the King
James Version. Despite the fact that
scholars agree that the KJV reading is a
corruption, Trinitarians, even those who
normally do not read the KJV, continue to
cherry-pick this verse from the KJV.
When the Christological controversies
were occurring in the fourth century, we
do not see even one solitary person making
a reference to this passage as evidence
for the deity of Christ. This undeniably
proves it was unknown to them. If indeed 1
Timothy 3:16 really said "God was manifest
in the flesh," we can most definitely be
sure this passage would have most been
brought forward as "Exhibit A." Yet, not
one soul mentions it even though this
passage more than any other would have
supported the teaching that the incarnate
Christ was "God." But the facts remain as
they are and it was never mentioned once
in the myriads of documentation that exist
illustrating what was argued in these
debates. There is a good reason that no one
in the fourth century church ever
mentioned the passage. The word "God" did
not appear in 1 Timothy 3:16 until much
later. It first appeared in manuscripts
after Trinitarian dogma was fully
developed and canonized and is an obvious
later alteration. The oldest and best
manuscripts do not have the word
"God" (theos) in 1 Timothy 3:16 which is
why modern Bible translations do not have
the word "God" at 1 Timothy 3:16 either.
1. Contemporary Trinitarian Translation
Scholars
Now because this verse is known to be a
scribal error, contemporary Trinitarian
Greek scholars, who have access to
numerous manuscripts, have not been able
to perpetuate this error any longer into
English translations, despite the passions
of some who desire the word "God" to
appear in this verse at the expense of
truth. Let us look at some of the major
translations of this passage and note how
Trinitarian Greek scholars themselves
acknowledged the scribal error:
"He appeared in a body" (NIV)
"He who was manifested in the
flesh" (ASV)
"He who was revealed in the
flesh" (NASB)
"He was manifested in the
flesh" (RSV)
"Which was manifested in the
flesh" (Douey-Rheims)
"Who was manifested in the
flesh" (NAB)"
Quite plainly, Trinitarian translation
scholars are admitting this version of the
verse is not authentic. One then wonders
why Trinitarians so often continue to
appeal to it.

For more check up this link..........

www.angelfire.com/space/thegospeltruth/trinity/verses/1Tim3_16.html
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 8:27am On Aug 04, 2012
Without even dealing with the rest of your post, here is a selection of versions/translations that do not use "God" in 1 Timothy 3:16

NIV

Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

ESV

Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

ISV

By common confession, the secret of our godly worship is great: In flesh was he revealed to sight, kept righteous by the Spirit's might, adored by angels singing. To nations was he manifest, believing souls found peace and rest, our Lord in heaven reigning!

Aramaic Bible in Plain English

And this Mystery of Righteousness is truly great, which was revealed in the flesh and was justified in The Spirit; He appeared to Angels and was preached among the Gentiles; He was trusted in the world and he ascended into glory.

GWT

The mystery that gives us our reverence for God is acknowledged to be great: He appeared in his human nature, was approved by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was announced throughout the nations, was believed in the world, and was taken to heaven in glory.

Well, the good news ---- they are all still saying the same thing as

KJV

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

In other words God, as Jesus Christ, came manifest in the flesh. smiley

cool

EDITED
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by ijawkid(m): 9:07am On Aug 04, 2012
Enigma: Without even dealing with the rest of your post, here is a selection of versions/translations that do not use "God" in 1 Timothy 3:16

NIV

ESV

ISV

Aramaic Bible in Plain English

GWT

Well, the good news ---- they are all still saying the same thing as

KJV

In other words God, as Jesus Christ, came manifest in the flesh. smiley

cool

EDITED
The good news is the kjv and other translations do not mean d same thing as regards 1 timothy 3:16....
Yahweh sent his son Jesus christ,He is not Jesus Christ..........

Why can't trinitarians comply with this simple truth.??

Is it that hard??

Now tell me why d kjv will presumpteously use GOD in that 1 timothy 3:16??

Then after been debunked u come here to tell me that Yahweh came as Jesus.....

Then how are they different person??

Abi u no agree with the 3 persons in 1 God theory??

Confusion here and there....

So what do u say about d holy spirit....

Is Jesus the holy spirit??

Or can we say the holy spirit is Jesus??....
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Freksy(m): 9:58am On Aug 04, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Who except you doesn't know that apples are different from oranges? Multiplication is different from addition in case you are unaware. If you can't understand simple logic which is elementary how then would you understand complicated maths?

I am happy you are back to your senses. You cannot add or multiply dissimilar objects ( even if they are of the same family like Gods, Fruits or Alphabets) and get a unit result. I knew you will 'fumble over' the mathematical expressions. If you show them to any capable mathematician he will tell you I am correct.

Father * Son * Holy Spirit = Father * Son * Holy Spirit........... not = 1...............The Father is different from son and holy spirit (they are dissimilar)

Note: I use * as multiplication sign and not exponential.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Atheists And Their Stupidity / Pastor Chris Denounces The Divinity Of Jesus Christ / Download All Songs By (Ebube Muonso) Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Obimma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.