Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion (15103 Views)

Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses / Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 10:12am On Feb 15, 2012
smiley

How can Jesus be "God" and The Father also be "God" at the same time?

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 15, 2012
^^

so in your opinion Jesus is not GOD right ?

I can quote no end of biblical verses that confirm and validate the divinity of Christ, I trust you know these same scriptures.

A few examples worthy of consideration.

"And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." - Hebrews 1:6-9

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom, " - Isaiah 9:6-7
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 10:18am On Feb 15, 2012
smiley

I have been screaming that Jesus IS God. I have been defending the Trinity doctrine.

The question is for those who do not believe in the Trinity doctrine to explain how Jesus can be "God" and The Father "God" at the same time ---------- before we even add the Holy Spirit into the mix.

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 15, 2012
Trinity was never once mentioned once in the bible.

Just because something is repeated often and by many does not make it right.

And to think that many many Christians were murdered for rejecting this doctrine is enough evidence in itself to prove it's controversial origins, just like John Calvin murdered his best friend and tortured countless others for rejecting his heretical Calvinist OSAS doctrine.

Jesus Christ our great role model , never had to resort to these methods to explain deep truths , he was gentle , humble and full of grace and truth.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 10:24am On Feb 15, 2012
smiley

How can Jesus be "God" and The Father be "God" ------- at the same time?

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 15, 2012
Trinity was never once mentioned once in the bible.

Just because something is repeated often and by many does not make it right.

And to think that many many Christians were murdered for rejecting this doctrine is enough evidence in itself to prove it's controversial origins, just like John Calvin murdered his best friend and tortured countless others for rejecting his heretical Calvinist OSAS doctrine.

Jesus Christ our great role model , never had to resort to these methods to explain deep truths ,  he was gentle , humble and full of grace and truth.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 10:33am On Feb 15, 2012
grin grin grin

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2012
@ frosbel,

The church of Jesus Christ is holy and "catholic" i.e universal. The Roman catholic church is another thing entirely it means a church of roman origin that is universal. The Nicene creed is agreed upon by most believers in Jesus Christ even some of those the Roman catholic church killed believe in it. And if I may tell you the Nicene creed summaries the christian faith as written in the new testament. The resurrection not the rapture is the hope of believers. in fact tell me what is wrong in the Nicene creed from scriptures.

Again that some people were murdered because they refuse to believe "trinity"doctrine does not necessarily make both arguments right.

I don't support witchcraft yet I don't support the burning of witches. So would you now say witchcraft is good because witches were persecuted by the same roman catholic church that persecuted Christians?

Frosbel If I may say you are the one trying to hold unto your belief and depart from scriptures. the bible is clear that the being Jesus is different from the being the father and is different from the being the holy Spirit. I think it is people like you who do not understand what the church mean when it talks about trinity that are quick to commit another heresy by claiming God the father is thesame person transforming into Jesus and transforming into the HolySpirit.

Have you asked yourself who was God talking to when he said "let us make man in our image"?

Who does Jesus refer to as father?

From your logic you are saying when Jesus promised that he would sent the Holy Spirit he actually meant that he, Jesus, would actually change himself into the Holy Spirit.

frosbel I think you should study the bible for understanding and not lean on your logic.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2012
belabela:

@ frosbel,

The church of Jesus Christ is holy and "catholic" i.e universal. The Roman catholic church is another thing entirely it means a church of roman origin that is universal. The Nicene creed is agreed upon by most believers in Jesus Christ even some of those the Roman catholic church killed believe in it. And if I may tell you the Nicene creed summaries the christian faith as written in the new testament. The resurrection not the rapture is the hope of believers. in fact tell me what is wrong in the Nicene creed from scriptures.

Again that some people were murdered because they refuse to believe "trinity"doctrine does not necessarily make both arguments right.

I don't support witchcraft yet I don't support the burning of witches. So would you now say witchcraft is good because witches were persecuted by the same roman catholic church that persecuted Christians?

Frosbel If I may say you are the one trying to hold unto your belief and depart from scriptures. the bible is clear that the being Jesus is different from the being the father and is different from the being the holy Spirit. I think it is people like you who do not understand what the church mean when it talks about trinity that are quick to commit another heresy by claiming God the father is thesame person transforming into Jesus and transforming into the HolySpirit.

Have you asked yourself who was God talking to when he said "let us make man in our image"?

Who does Jesus refer to as father?

From your logic you are saying when Jesus promised that he would sent the Holy Spirit he actually meant that he, Jesus, would actually change himself into the Holy Spirit.

frosbel I think you should study the bible for understanding and not lean on your logic.

Let me not be drawn into endless arguments.

The most important aspect is that we all believe in the divinity of Christ and his status as GOD.

We also believe that he sits down at the right hand of GOD as the Son of God, yet GOD , the sacrificial lamb who takes away the sins of the world.

We also believe that God's Spirit is present IN all believers.

As to how we describe this revelation is better left to each Individual's personal judgement.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 15, 2012
frosbel:

Let me not be drawn into endless arguments.

The most important aspect is that we all believe in the divinity of Christ and his status as GOD.

We also believe that he sits down at the right hand of GOD as the Son of God, yet GOD , the sacrificial lamb who takes away the sins of the world.

We also believe that God's Spirit is present IN all believers.

As to how we describe this revelation is better left to each Individual's personal judgement.

I agree with most of your response but the revelation is clear and is not based on individual's personal judgement. Let no man add or subtract from it. Do you even know that some "Christians" have argued that Jesus was a normal man who became son of God at baptism. While I believe that every man is entitled to his or her opinion on a matter the message is clear in the bible that there are 3 who bear witness in heaven -The father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We cannot mix them together in a spiritual mathematics that these 3 beings are/is one person transforming. The bible didn't say that and let's not say the bible say so.

Jesus is equal with the Father ( whom we usually refer to as God when we talk and even pray) in nature in person they are different.

Have you read in psalms "The Lord said to my Lord"  - both are Lords but two separate beings

Shalom
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Phammy(m): 1:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
Pls undastandn mata 1 was d bible compiled wen jesus was alive,hw many years afta he died was d bible published,who compiled d bible, in which langauage was it wrten 1st 2 agree with me dat nt all wordngs are dsame in d bible cus of d translators,wen u compiled a book reffering to past experence u cant wrte exactly wat apend is eida u minus or u add i mean paul. 3 jesus imself tot us hw to pray dat our fada hw am in heaven alow be thy name argue with me dat he can be prayin to himself as fada. Lastly u dat u siad jesus is lord read dis. It is wrten dat he who looks afta neida sleep nor dose bt jesus slept in d canoe. Dats shows is nt God.thanks if u which to argue with me just reply my post.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by numo86(m): 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2012
@frosbel, be careful not to teach & uphold MODALISM ooooooo,

tertullian ran away from the modalism theory & propounded d trinity dogma,
Now many trinitarians are tryin to find a way out of it & by so doing they are going back to the MODALISM theory,
When philosophers get involved with anythin confusion sets in, and that is exactly what has happened to this whole trinity wahala,
@snowwy, why wont kjv be questioneddid it fall from heavenwas it d kjv d apostles used?
The kjv was translated by 1 who was under the influence of the catholics, the kjv uses words like uni-corns,add words from d vulgates that were never in d original greek writings, and that is how this 1 john 5:7 came about in the kjv, and all that attempt was made to support the trinity dogma,
Infact d more recent bible translations should be more reliable since they now know better about translations and word expressions, imagine words like easter in the kjv & other earlier translations that existed along side d kjv, no be madness be that??,
Now ask me how easter take go enter d bibledid d early christians celebrate easter or passover, did Jesus celebrate easter,
I know kjv has tried to translated d bible for us today & i appreciate that,but that doesnt mean they didnt make mistakes or try to implant there own views while doing d translation work,
Lets be realistic, haba!!
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2012
In other words, this view states that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit never all exist at the same time, only one after another. Modalism denies the distinctiveness of the three persons in the Trinity even though it retains the divinity of Christ.

Nope, I do not hold onto such.

Indeed Christ is sitting on the right hand of the Father as we speak, and God's spirit is working on earth convicting mankind of sin, righetosness and judgement while building his church.

So I am not a Modalist grin

This is a mystery, let us leave it at that.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Sweetnecta: 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^ Ode nie frosbel. 2 sitting together is not 1. Shior on you for insulting the the Quality of many in my family who graduated from UI. How is 2 Gods sitting one on the left of the other, making the other being on the right of the first one equal to 1 God? Dundee United Dummy. Go back to primary one in umahia and then come back to UI for thorough education.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by DeepSight(m): 3:53pm On Feb 15, 2012
Hmm.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Sweetnecta: 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2012
Mystery my pinky toe. I should have given you the bird but i am too decent or rather ashamed to.
Insulting our thinking has consequences you know. Liar.

@Deep sight; You accept 2 sitting to be just 1? Me. I dont because I can count. 2 is more than 1 by a whole 1!
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^ Ode nie frosbel. 2 sitting together is not 1. Shior on you for insulting the the Quality of many in my family who graduated from UI. How is 2 Gods sitting one on the left of the other, making the other being on the right of the first one equal to 1 God? Dundee United Dummy. Go back to primary one in umahia and then come back to UI for thorough education.

Let me leave you to keep worshipping your false god ALLAH and his three daughters, al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat  grin

This discussion is for those with spiritual insight and or interest, not Muhammadans !!
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by numo86(m): 4:37pm On Feb 15, 2012
frosbel:

Indeed Christ is sitting on the right hand of the Father as we speak, and God's spirit is working on earth convicting mankind of sin, righetosness and judgement while building his church.

So I am not a Modalist grin

philosophers made it the mysteryit is today, all the apostles knew who Jesus was, all the apostles were jews and so they knew who was God almighty, they werent confused,

na we dey confuse ourselves today, like i told you,where ever the philosophies of men go to confusion arises, apostle paul & peter warned about all of it,

1 thing i'm sure of is we are not holding the most original manuscript the apostles penned down, the bible has been tampered with so much.

but if we have to be sure of anything,it should be that Yahweh is the only true God, and that he is greater than Jesus, there is no other truth as clear as that,

thank you, where do u reside?state?
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Image123(m): 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2012
Phammy:

Pls undastandn mata 1 was d bible compiled wen jesus was alive,hw many years afta he died was d bible published,who compiled d bible, in which langauage was it wrten 1st 2 agree with me dat nt all wordngs are dsame in d bible cus of d translators,wen u compiled a book reffering to past experence u cant wrte exactly wat apend is eida u minus or u add i mean paul. 3 jesus imself tot us hw to pray dat our fada hw am in heaven alow be thy name argue with me dat he can be prayin to himself as fada. Lastly u dat u siad jesus is lord read dis. It is wrten dat he who looks afta neida sleep nor dose bt jesus slept in d canoe. Dats shows is nt God.thanks if u which to argue with me just reply my post.
This has to be the revered Latin language in which the catholic wrote the Bible in dem dark ages? God, have mercy.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Ptolomeus(m): 9:20pm On Feb 15, 2012
Jesus never spoke of the existence of a trilogy.
Nor did his disciples.
The concept trilogy (Father, son, and holy spirit) starts to apply in the Catholic Church in 325 after the death of Jesus, to be held in the Council of Nicea. In the council convened by Constantino, discussed the "Arrian controversy" that is, the possible divine origin of Jesus.
This is not my personal opinion, but what is accepted and documented by the Vatican.
I recommend reading on this subject, as the trilogy is very long after the death of Jesus, so that biblical quotations that have been published on this subject, are absolutely wrong and misleading.
I do not mean to offend anyone, simply provide documentation to clarify the issue.
My respects.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Image123(m): 12:17am On Feb 16, 2012
Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to draw up a narrative concerning those matters which have been fulfilled among us, even as they delivered them unto us, who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word, it seemed good to me also, having traced the course of all things accurately from the first, to write unto thee in order,
It's without doubt that the scripture is replete with passages that affirm the existence of the triune holy God. While i don't think a perfect understanding of these matter has much to do with our salvation, i must say that it is a mystery, and that the infinite God cannot be fully comprehended by the finite man. Any deep comprehension of God is borne out of gracious revelation by God. it's my prayer that God reveals to many again, of His truths.
1Timothy 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

The important thing is not whether the word 'trinity'appears in scriptures or not. It is that the concept appears. The words 'Bible', and 'rapture'do not appears (in the KJV at least, that is) either. But we all mostly agree that the Bible is the Word of God/contains the Word of God. The doctrine of the trinity is succintly that the Godhead consists of three separate, distinct and recognisable persons perfectly united in one. The Godhead is not the head of God, but a divine unity, not fully comprehensible to man. Man does not fully understand himself, don't even know his wife or child of many years fully. How we claim perfect understanding of God is staggering. How many even understand fully the concept of an atom? Did i just say FULLY, that's a doctorate on it's own.
 Acts 17:29  Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Moving briskly to the scriptures. We see that the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost exist separately. Compare the baptism of Jesus.
Mat 3:16  And Jesus, when he was baptized, WENT UP straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God DESCENDING like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17  And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

It was no film trick played by God. We don't see the same person here, quickly change from Jesus and turn to Holy Spirit descending, and quickly ghost to heaven to declare "this is my beloved Son". No, we see three separate persons. Jesus Himself referred to the Holy Ghost as 'another', and to His Father in heaven.
John 14:16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;
So, they were separate, distinct and recognisable persons.
2Corinthians 13:14  The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
 Now, the scriptures show that these three are God in a way like no other. No being compares, no angel, no man, nothing. It's just and only these three. So united are they that they are one. God is greater than our body, and no analogy with anything may fully fit. But consider the human body with many parts. It's all the body, whether hand or leg or tongue. The body parts are co-existent, and have always existed together from start. All parts are needed for a complete body. the liver is not greater than the leg, neither is the leg greater than the hand. It's all one same body. God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit comprise the Godhead.
Many on this thread don't have issues on each been referred to as God, nevertheless, i'll quote some scripture for the benefit of doubt.
The Father- Galatians 1:3  Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ
The Son- Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom.
The Spirit- Act 5:3  But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Act 5:4  While it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

(i should break this, for easy reading)
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Sweetnecta: 12:40am On Feb 16, 2012
@Frosbel; « #48 on: Yesterday at 04:04:44 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 03:55:37 PM

Let me leave you to keep worshipping your false god ALLAH and his three daughters, al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat Grin

This discussion is for those with spiritual insight and or interest, not Muhammadans !!
[/Quote]below is what Numo86 wrote about the Bible in response to you.

[Quote]Posted by: numo86
Insert Quote
Quote from: frosbel on Yesterday at 03:43:41 PM

So I am not a Modalist Grin

philosophers made it the mysteryit is today, all the apostles knew who Jesus was, all the apostles were jews and so they knew who was God almighty, they werent confused,

na we dey confuse ourselves today, like i told you,where ever the philosophies of men go to confusion arises, apostle paul & peter warned about all of it,

1 thing i'm sure of is we are not holding the most original manuscript the apostles penned down, the bible has been tampered with so much.

but if we have to be sure of anything,it should be that Yahweh is the only true God, and that he is greater than Jesus, there is no other truth as clear as that,

thank you, where do u reside?state?
[/Quote]If you think that you can bring the Quran down so that it is like the corrupted Bible, you must be kidding all the muslims.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Image123(m): 1:52am On Feb 16, 2012
So, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are referred to as God. They are so perfectly in unison that they are One, not two, not three, but One. they are co-eternal, co-responsible, co-equal. they are the only One worshipped without reservation. It is not right to worship man, or angel. Only God is to be worshipped. Jesus Christ never rejected worship, even while on earth, angels did, and man as well.

Act 10:25  And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
Act 10:26  But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man
Col 2:18  Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshiping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
Matthew 14:33  Then they that were in the ship came and worshiped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
Matthew 28:9  And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshiped him.
Mat 4:10  Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

The Father, The Son, and the Spirit ETERNAL like no other. Only these are not created, but Creator. So they are co-eternal.
Deuteronomy 33:27  The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.   FATHER
Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.   SON
Heb 9:14  How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?   SPIRIT

The Father, The Son, and the Spirit have an EQUALITY of function like no other. It is in the beginning God, God there been 'Elohim' which is plural of the Supreme being, and appearing hundreds of times in scripture. It is God that made the heaven and earth. It is God that raised Jesus, it is God that spake to the prophets, yet they are so interchangeably and seemlessly ''substituted'' for the other all through scriptures.

CHRIST IS SON OF GOD(FATHER AND SPIRIT)
Matthew 1:18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
Christ is actually the Son of the Holy Ghost, who is God the Spirit.

GOD IS THE SPIRIT.

2Corinth 3:17  Now the Lord is that Spiri[/b]t: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

John 4:23  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24  [b]God is a Spirit
: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth

GOD'S SPIRIT IS JESUS'S SPIRIT

Gal 4:6  And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
1Peter 1:11  Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

GOD IS JUDGE (ACTUALLY JESUS IS THE GOD THAT IS JUDGE)

Heb 12:23  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
John 5:22  For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

JESUS IS CO-EQUAL WITH THE FATHER
John 5:23  That all men should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He that honoreth not the Son honoreth not the Father which hath sent him.
John 17:10  And ALL mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
John 10:30  I and my Father are one.
Joh 16:15  All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.

THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS THE KINGDOM OF CHRIST

2Peter 1:11  For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

TEMPTING GOD IS TEMPTING CHRIST and THE HOLY SPIRIT

1Corinthians 10:9  Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
Isa 63:10  But they rebelled, and vexed his Holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

WE ARE THE TEMPLE OF GOD THE SON, THE FATHER AND THE SPIRIT
1Cor 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Cor 6:19  What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghos[/b]t which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

GOD DWELLS IN US< THE TRINITY
1Cor 3:16  Know ye not that [b]ye are the temple of God
, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1John 4:15  Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
Rev 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

WE ARE SANCTIFIED BY GOD THE FATHER, SON AND SPIRIT
John 17:17  Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
1Th 5:23  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  
Heb 13:12  Wherefore J[b]esus also, that he might sanctify[/b] the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; Eph 5:26  That he might sanctif[/b]y and cleanse it
Rom 15:16  That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being [b]sanctified by the Holy Ghost

GOD CREATED ALL THINGS< THE FATHER, THE SON, THE SPIRIT
i should not be giving scriptures for that, i hope?

GOD ALONE IS SAVIOUR, REDEEMER AND KING
Isa 44:6  Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and[b] his redeemer[/b] the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Isa 43:11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior.
Matthew 21:5  Tell ye the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy king cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.
Titus 2:14  Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Phi 3:20  For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Chris[/b]t:
Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, [b]the first and the last

Time would fail me to continue to list these things so evidently set in scriptures, yet a mystery.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Sweetnecta: 2:06am On Feb 16, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lol. I laugh in image123. Ridiculous.
Spirit knocking up human girl. Thats some weird stuff.

Its like lion knocking up a lamb. One of them must be in the stomach of the other.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 8:18am On Feb 16, 2012
@image123

Well done. One interesting thing I notice about frosbel's posts is that he actually believes in the most fundamental tenets of the Trinity doctrine i.e.:

- (a) The Father is God; (b) Jesus is God; and (c) The Holy Spirit is God; AND
- that God is One

What he had (has?) not realised is that anybody who believes the above already believes in the Trinity at least in one form or another. smiley

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by InesQor(m): 9:02am On Feb 16, 2012
Enigma:

grin grin grin

cool

Consubstantiality. They are of the same unique essence / substance, that essence is God.

As I asked, what color do you get when you mix white + white + white? You get white.

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 10:32am On Feb 16, 2012
Ah, dayua! smiley

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 16, 2012
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Sweetnecta: 1:06pm On Feb 16, 2012
InesQor: « #57 on: Today at 09:02:20 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Enigma on Yesterday at 10:33:55 AM
Grin Grin Grin

How can Jesus be "God" and The Father be "God" ------- at the same time?  Huh

Cool

Consubstantiality. They are of the same unique essence / substance, that essence is God.

As I asked, what color do you get when you mix white + white + white? You get white.
Cool[/Quote]Something to think about; When you mix white + white + white, you will get 3 volumes of the white. See?
If 1 CAN of White is Enough, what is the use of the second and the third cans you get to mix with the ! CAN that is initially sufficient to do the JOB?
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Sweetnecta: 1:10pm On Feb 16, 2012
@Frosbel: What Jesus didn't say in the red letter, somebody is making them come to life in Corinthians.
Is this Corinthians author not the Another Comforter because he is guiding the disciples to all truth? lol.

You are a special case, buddy.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 1:16pm On Feb 16, 2012
frosbel:

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxUDtQyN2tI?version=3&amp;hl=en[/flash]

You started the thread; then when the questions got (only mildly) tough, you started saying everyone should hold to their own beliefs. Now you are posting this video all over the place, I'll give you the same response and offer you the same deal as on the other thread.

You are posting this video all over the place when you shied away from answering a rather simple question. OK I repeat it now and I would offer you a deal: if you give a reasoned answer to the question, I will watch your video and address any serious issue/s that it raises.

How can Jesus be "God" and The Father also be "God" ----- at the same time?

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 16, 2012
This Trinity thing is a man made explanation and may not have any spiritual basis

The eternal question is whether Jesus is the son of God. my belief is "Yes". However not in the same way that Femi Kuti is the son of Fela Kuti (just used that example, could apply to you or your father)

I believe Jesus is the son of God, just like you and I are "children" of God. With a cavaet that Jesus had a "special" ordained mission on earth which sets him apart from from us mere mortal children

As per the holy spirit, this is just the signs and wonders of God and is more atuned with spiritual rather than the temporal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Download All Songs By (Ebube Muonso) Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Obimma / Atheists And Their Stupidity / Pastor Chris Denounces The Divinity Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.