Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,501 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion (15133 Views)

Catholic Church Bans ‘provocative’ Dresses. See Approved And Unapproved Dresses / Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 1:53pm On Jul 11, 2012
^^^ Is the throne physical and does God physically sit on the throne?

Now let me help you! smiley

Hebrews 10

12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool.

Is there one footstool and is the footstool physical? smiley

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2012
Enigma: ^^^ Is the throne physical and does God physically sit on the throne?

Now let me help you! smiley

Hebrews 10

Is there one footstool and is the footstool physical? smiley

cool

No answers from me till you tell me how many thrones there are in heaven, I think some humility is begging to be used here.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2012
smiley

Let me help you further.

Ok we have Jesus seated at the right hand of the Father.

This means Jesus is on a "seat".

This "seat" has a footstool.

Is the seat on which Jesus sits physical?

Is the footstool of that seat physical?

Of course, you don't have to answer. wink This issue is far bigger than your own answers to the questions anyway. smiley

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:16pm On Jul 11, 2012
frosbel: ^^

Okay , I get you point, you don't know.

thanks

It is either you didn't get my point or you are just being evasive. Let me give you Scriptural references that answers your question and I'll leave it to your conscience.

"Jesus said to him, You have said: nevertheless I say to you, Hereafter shall you see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven (Matthew 26:64).

"So then after the Lord had spoken to them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God (Mark 16:19).

"Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has shed forth this, which you now see and hear. For David is not ascended into the heavens; but he said himself, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit on my right hand (Acts 2:33-34).

"And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God (Acts 7:56).

"Who is he that condemns? It is Christ that died, yes rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us (Romans 8:34).

"Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places (Ephesians 1:20).

"If you then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God (Colossians 3:1).

". . . when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of Majesty on high . . . But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool? (Hebrews 1:3, 13).

"Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens (Hebrews 8:1).

"Looking to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God (Hebrews 12:2).

"Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; and angels and authorities and powers being made subject to him (1 Peter 3:22).

It is my prayer that the 3rd Person in the trinity will open your eyes to see the answers to the kweshuns you are looking for. I hereby rest my case.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2012
Enigma: smiley

Let me help you further.

Ok we have Jesus seated at the right hand of the Father.

This means Jesus is on a "seat".

This "seat" has a footstool.

Is the seat on which Jesus sits physical?

Is the footstool of that seat physical?

Of course, you don't have to answer. wink This issue is far bigger than your own answers to the questions anyway. smiley

cool

You are getting yourself into a quagmire, I understand it is difficult to get rid of indoctrination on this subject, but consider the follow verses of scripture :

"Right then the Spirit took control of me, and there in heaven I saw a throne and someone sitting on it. The one who was sitting there sparkled like precious stones of jasper[a] and carnelian. A rainbow that looked like an emerald[c] surrounded the throne." - [b]Revelation 4:2-3

"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple" - Isaiah 6:1

Revelation 20:11 "Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them."

1 Kings 22:19 Micaiah continued, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne with all the host of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left.

Ezekiel 1:26 "Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man."

So tell me , how many thrones are there ?

No answer

I accept !!
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

It is either you didn't get my point or you are just being evasive. Let me give you Scriptural references that answers your question and I'll leave it to your conscience.

"Jesus said to him, You have said: nevertheless I say to you, Hereafter shall you see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven (Matthew 26:64).

"So then after the Lord had spoken to them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God (Mark 16:19).

"Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has shed forth this, which you now see and hear. For David is not ascended into the heavens; but he said himself, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit on my right hand (Acts 2:33-34).

"And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God (Acts 7:56).

"Who is he that condemns? It is Christ that died, yes rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us (Romans 8:34).

"Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places (Ephesians 1:20).

"If you then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God (Colossians 3:1).

". . . when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of Majesty on high . . . But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool? (Hebrews 1:3, 13).

"Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens (Hebrews 8;1).

"Looking to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God (Hebrews 12:2).

"Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; and angels and authorities and powers being made subject to him (1 Peter 3:22).

It is my prayer that the 3rd Person in the trinity will open your eyes to see the answers you are asking for. I rest my case.

You are getting yourself into a quagmire, I understand it is difficult to get rid of indoctrination on this subject, but consider the follow verses of scripture :

"Right then the Spirit took control of me, and there in heaven I saw a throne and someone sitting on it. The one who was sitting there sparkled like precious stones of jasper[a] and carnelian. A rainbow that looked like an emerald[c] surrounded the throne." - [b]Revelation 4:2-3

"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple" - Isaiah 6:1

Revelation 20:11 "Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them."

1 Kings 22:19 Micaiah continued, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne with all the host of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left.

Ezekiel 1:26 "Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man."

No answer

I accept !!

Quit believing in that Pagan doctrine .
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
frosbel:

OK, there is one throne. smiley

So, tell me: is that one throne physical? wink

frosbel: No answer

I accept !!

You always had an answer; Olaadegbu told you a loooong time ago that there is one throne.

OK now you also have an answer from me: there is one throne.

Now you tell us: is that throne physical? smiley

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
[quote author=Enigma]

OK, there is one throne. smiley

So, tell me: is that one throne physical? wink

Yes , One physical throne, end of story.

You always had an answer; Olaadegbu told you a loooong time ago that there is one throne.

OK now you also have an answer from me: there is one throne.

Now you tell us: is that throne physical? smiley

cool

Did he, never saw it, must have explained in greek.

Anyway , yes, one physical throne and one GOD sat on it.

Not your three GODs grin
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
frosbel: Yes , One physical throne, end of story

OK one throne no problem. smiley

frosbel:
Did he, never saw it, must have explained in greek.

You are all puffed up when you should be ashamed of yourself for not even reading what you have been responding to -- afterall you once quoted and replied to this earlier post of Olaadegbu. wink

OLAADEGBU:
The verse here in Daniel says ONE throne. Let's discuss it further if you will.

"I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garments was white as snow, and the hair of His head like the pure wool: His throne was like a fiery flame, and His wheels as burning fire . . .(Daniel 7:9b).

We see One throne which God the Father (Ancient of Days) sat on.

If you continue to read until verse 13 you will discover that someone else was brought to the Ancient of Days, who is he? Let us read verse 13 to find out.

"I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought Him near before Him (Daniel 7: 13).

Who do you think was the Son of man that came with the clouds of heaven that came to the Ancient of days who was sitted on His throne? Remember that I agreed that it is one throne, so you now have no reason to evade this kweshun.

I posit that it was Jesus Christ, the Second Person in trinity that was brought near the Ancient of days sitted on the throne. What saith thou?

frosbel: Anyway , yes, one physical throne and one GOD sat on it.

Ah, do you want to explain how an infinite God can "sit" on a physical throne. Do you want to tell us the dimensions of the throne --- e.g. 4 feet by 4 feet etc? Does the throne have a back on which God rests His back? smiley

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2012
Enigma:

OK one throne no problem. smiley

You are all puffed up when you should be ashamed of yourself for not even reading what you have been responding to -- afterall you once quoted and replied to this earlier post of Olaadegbu. wink

Ah, do you want to explain how an infinite God can "sit" on a physical throne. Do you want to tell us the dimensions of the throne --- e.g. 4 feet by 4 feet etc? Does the throne have a back on which God rests His back? smiley

cool

You are confused even the more than I thought , that's what arrogance does to a simple mind.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Enigma(m): 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2012
Of course you have no answer to the substantive points. NID smiley

All the best.

cool
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2012
frosbel:

You are confused even the more than I thought , that's what arrogance does to a simple mind.

You seem to be the one confusing the Personalities in the Godhead with God's essence. I have also noticed that you are treading the line of Charles Tazel Russel, who started by questioning the major doctrines in Christianity such as the trinity, hell, immortality of the soul just as you are now doing here. I hope that you will retrace your steps before it becomes too late.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You seem to be the one confusing the Personalities in the Godhead with God's essence. I have also noticed that you are treading the line of Charles Tazel Russel, who started by questioning the major doctrines in Christianity such as the trinity, hell, immortality of the soul just as you are now doing here. I hope that you will retrace your steps before it becomes too late.

There are countless evangelicals and pentecostals who hold on to these beliefs.

I am totally at odds with JWs on many subjects, but is it quite funny how cultist churches who follow men , label others as heretics when they fail to examine their own foundational doctrines.

Remember what Calvin did to Michael Servetus , who was a Spanish physician and Protestant theologian , and who boldly criticised the doctrine of the Trinity and paedobaptism (infant baptism).

Calvin had him burned at the stake , albeit with green wood, so that he will die a slow and torturous death. Dig deep sir and you will begin to see the origin of your doctrines.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by truthislight: 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
frosbel: ^^^

Mate, I asked the question first, stop playing games, I do not answer questions with questions.

If you had asked this simple question, I would have provided a proper response eons ago.

There is ONLY 1 throne throughout scripture.

Let me help you , the one sitting on the throne is our Father became our redeemer , this is a clue.

To show three thrones in heaven is tritheism- the belief in three gods. The idea of three thrones contradicts Scripture, as Revelation 4:2 is clear there is one throne. Also, to say that there is one throne begs the question, who is sitting on the throne?

We see from Scripture that Jesus, our Father and Redeemer, is the one God sitting on the one throne in heaven. There is one throne, and one sitting on the throne- Jesus, the Alpha, Omega, beginning, ending, first, last, who was, is, and is to come, the Almighty.

If Jesus is kings of kings would he not seat on a throne? Do u expect him to stand?

So, if the kings of kings goes in befor the anciente of days and the anciente of days told him to seat at his right hand untill he place his enemise under his feet u mean he refuse cus there was only one throne?

And, which throne was the anciente of days sitting on? Or was he standing? Or he stood up for the kings of kings to sit?

If he was the almighty why will he wait untill his enemy is place under his feet?
Does the almighty take instructions? From who?

U people should open ur eyes and see what trinity is...
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by DeepSight(m): 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
@ All posts - - - >

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ! ! ! !
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2012
frosbel:

There are countless evangelicals and pentecostals who hold on to these beliefs.

Are these good enough reasons for you to jump on their bandwagon?

frosbel:

I am totally at odds with JWs on many subjects, but is it quite funny how cultist churches who follow men , label others as heretics when they fail to examine their own foundational doctrines.

What else are you at odds with? The doctrine of trinity, the immortality of the soul and Hellfire are the doctrines you share in common with JWs. What do you agree with the Christian doctrine? You definitely are at odds with doctrine of the rapture and you believe in the Replacement theology. Can you name what you consider 'cultist churches' and the reason why you think they qualify as such?

frosbel:

Remember what Calvin did to Michael Servetus , who was a Spanish physician and Protestant theologian , and who boldly criticised the doctrine of the Trinity and paedobaptism (infant baptism).

Calvin had him burned at the stake , albeit with green wood, so that he will die a slow and torturous death. Dig deep sir and you will begin to see the origin of your doctrines.

True Christians were not known to burn their fellow Christians at the stake, that was the preserve of the Roman Catholics. Christians would rather pray for their enemies and love those who persecute them.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2012
This is to answer objections and oppositions from cults and false religions that are against both the deity of Christ Jesus and the doctrine of the Godhead otherwise known as the doctrine of Trinity.

Objection 1: Misconceptions of who Jesus as the Son of God is":

Some claim that because Jesus is the Son of God. He must be a lesser God than God the Father. Among the ancients, however, an important meaning of the phrase "Son of" is "one who has the same nature as." Jesus, as the Son of God, has the very nature of God (John 5:18; 10:30; 19:7). He is thus not a lesser God.

Objection 2: "The Father Is "Greater" Than Jesus":

Some cults and false religions argue that because Jesus said the Father is "greater" than Him (John 14:28), this must mean Jesus is a lesser God. Biblically, however, Jesus is equal with the Father in His divine nature (John 10:30). He was positionally lower than the Father from the standpoint of His becoming a servant by taking on human likeness (Philipians 2:6-11). Positionally, then, the Father was "greater" than Jesus.

Objection 3. "Jesus Is the Firstborn":

Some cults argue that because Jesus is the "firstborn of creation" (Colosians 1:15), He is a created being and hence cannot be truly God. Biblically, however, Christ was not created but is the Creator (Colosians 1:16; John 1:3). The term firstborn, defined biblically, means Christ is "the first in rank" and "pre-eminent" over the creation He brought into being.

Objection 4. "Jesus Is Not All-Knowing":

Some cults argue that because Jesus said no one knows the day or hour of His return except the Father (Mark 13:32), Jesus must not be all-knowing and hence must not be truly God. In response, Jesus in the Gospels sometimes spoke from the perspective of His divinity and at other times from the perspective of His humanity (Philipians 2:5-11). Had He been speaking from His divinity, He would not have said He did not know the day or hour. Other verses show that Christ, as God, knows all things (Matthew 17:27; Luke 5:4-6; John 2:25; 16:30; 21:17).

Objection 5. "Jesus Prayed":

Some cults argue that because Jesus prayed to the Father, He could not truly be God. Biblically, however, it was in His humanity that Christ prayed to the Father. Since Christ came as a man -- and since one of the proper duties of man is to worship, pray to and adore God -- it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer. Positionally speaking as a man, as a Jew and as our High Priest -- "in all things He had to be made like His brethren" (Hebrews 2:7) -- Jesus could pray to the Father. But this in no way detracts from His intrinsic deity.

Objection 6. "The Trinity Is Illogical":

Some cults claim the Trinity is illogical ("three in one" ). In response, the Trinity does not entail three gods in one God, or three persons in one person. Such claims would be nonsensical. There is nothing contradictory, however, in affirming three persons in one God (or three whos in one what).

Objection 7. "The Trinity Is Pagan"

Some cults have claimed the doctrine of the Trinity is rooted in ancient paganism in Babylon and Assyria. In response, the Babylonians and Assyrians believed in triads of gods who headed up a pantheon of many other gods. These triads constituted three separate gods (polytheism), which is utterly different from the doctrine of Trinity that maintains that there is only one God (monotheism) with three person within the one Godhead.

This is my parting shot.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
Erm . . . Before I go can I ask a couple of kweshuns if that's alright?

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." -- Psalm 45:6-7

Believers who have received the report of the Lord can help me out here,

Who is speaking here?

Who was he speaking to?

Who is referred to here as God with a capital "G"?

How many personalities are referred to as God here?

If you know the answer(s) to these please holla.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by truthislight: 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2012
@olaadegbu
Mate.
I believe that u are aware that the bible says that the narrow way leads to life and the broad way leeds to destruction, meaning that the road with the majority of people will go in through the broad way to destruction.

I red ur post where u said that the trinity is the differentiating doctrine between true christian and false christians.

And we know that Majority of people believe and teach trinity, so, WHERE DO U THINK THIS MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ARE HEADING TO? Broad or narrow gate?

Dont 4get, the rest are small = cult, according to u.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2012
OLAADEGBU: This is to answer objections and oppositions from cults and false religions that are against both the deity of Christ Jesus and the doctrine of the Godhead otherwise known as the doctrine of Trinity.

This is my parting shot.

And yet you fire another shot, almost immediately grin

Let me address your misconceptions
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Ptolomeus(m): 7:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
Deep Sight:
@ All posts - - - >

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ! ! ! !

"physical throne" ja ja ja ja!
"It's 3 in 1"
Olaa drawings ...
Frosbel questions ...
Please ... I can not laugh so much more ...
For pity's sake ... my tummy hurts me laugh so much ...
I swear that I will become a Christian, but not torture me more!
I will laugh so much suffocated!
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 11, 2012
Objection 1: Misconceptions of who Jesus as the Son of God is":

Some claim that because Jesus is the Son of God. He must be a lesser God than God the Father. Among the ancients, however, an important meaning of the phrase "Son of" is "one who has the same nature as." Jesus, as the Son of God, has the very nature of God (John 5:18; 10:30; 19:7). He is thus not a lesser God.

We agree here, Jesus the Son of GOD as our redeemer is = GOD

Objection 2: "The Father Is "Greater" Than Jesus":

Some cults and false religions argue that because Jesus said the Father is "greater" than Him (John 14:28), this must mean Jesus is a lesser God. Biblically, however, Jesus is equal with the Father in His divine nature (John 10:30). He was positionally lower than the Father from the standpoint of His becoming a servant by taking on human likeness (Philipians 2:6-11). Positionally, then, the Father was "greater" than Jesus.

Good man. Agreed again.

So now we see that the whole nonsense about Jesus being the second person of the trinity is foundation-less, not sure where you guys got that one from.

Jesus and the Father are Co-Equal.

Objection 3. "Jesus Is the Firstborn":

Some cults argue that because Jesus is the "firstborn of creation" (Colosians 1:15), He is a created being and hence cannot be truly God. Biblically, however, Christ was not created but is the Creator (Colosians 1:16; John 1:3). The term firstborn, defined biblically, means Christ is "the first in rank" and "pre-eminent" over the creation He brought into being.

Again agreed, he is only the first begotten from the dead , in his capacity as saviour for mankind, releasing mankind from the grip of death and from the curse of sin by dying for us.

Henceforth, for all who believe in him, he will raise up on the last day.

However he is not created , instead he is the pre-existent I AM.

Objection 4. "Jesus Is Not All-Knowing":

Some cults argue that because Jesus said no one knows the day or hour of His return except the Father (Mark 13:32), Jesus must not be all-knowing and hence must not be truly God. In response, Jesus in the Gospels sometimes spoke from the perspective of His divinity and at other times from the perspective of His humanity (Philipians 2:5-11). Had He been speaking from His divinity, He would not have said He did not know the day or hour. Other verses show that Christ, as God, knows all things (Matthew 17:27; Luke 5:4-6; John 2:25; 16:30; 21:17).

Of course Jesus is all knowing.

Objection 5. "Jesus Prayed":

Some cults argue that because Jesus prayed to the Father, He could not truly be God. Biblically, however, it was in His humanity that Christ prayed to the Father. Since Christ came as a man -- and since one of the proper duties of man is to worship, pray to and adore God -- it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer. Positionally speaking as a man, as a Jew and as our High Priest -- "in all things He had to be made like His brethren" (Hebrews 2:7) -- Jesus could pray to the Father. But this in no way detracts from His intrinsic deity.

Again agreed, he is making intercession for us in his priestly office even now , and in his humanity he wanted to show us the pattern of dependency on GOD.

Objection 6. "The Trinity Is Illogical":

Some cults claim the Trinity is illogical ("three in one" ). In response, the Trinity does not entail three gods in one God, or three persons in one person. Such claims would be nonsensical. There is nothing contradictory, however, in affirming three persons in one God (or three whos in one what).

Here we depart.

3 Persons is not 1 person, this is just twisted logic. I can quote dozens of scripture to buttress my point , but I will not bother, I doubt you will read them anyway.

You see what years of brainwashing can do to the human mind.

Objection 7. "The Trinity Is Pagan"

Some cults have claimed the doctrine of the Trinity is rooted in ancient paganism in Babylon and Assyria. In response, the Babylonians and Assyrians believed in triads of gods who headed up a pantheon of many other gods. These triads constituted three separate gods (polytheism), which is utterly different from the doctrine of Trinity that maintains that there is only one God (monotheism) with three person within the one Godhead.

Yes it is, moreso because it is not scriptural , but significantly because it is sanctioned by the catholic church , however it is also a doctrine that has resulted in the persecution and sometimes murder of a few devout christians in the past , by the catholic church , Calvin and other trinity cults.

Thank You.

No more shots please grin
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Ubenedictus(m): 1:29pm On Jul 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You say Mary is not the mother of the trinity but is she the mother of God? Remember that God is the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, 3 distinct Persons in one. When the Word stepped out of eternity and came to earth through the vessel of Mary He came as a human being and not as God even though He pre existed as God.
no that is the problem catholic also believe in the hypostatic union which means that when jesus came to earth he didnt just come as a human being he came as both god and man. He was both devine and human, that is why the bible says the word was made flesh and that same word is god. dont divide jesus into two person jesus is one person both divine and human. There are 3 person in one god yet the father is god d son is god and the holy spirit is god
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Ubenedictus(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I had suggested a link that show your church document that says that Mary is the mother of God and the spouse of the holy Spirit, and I can repeat it here again incase you missed it.

http://www.cuttingedge.org/articles/rc126.htm

yes mary is the mother of god d son and 'spouse' of the holy spirit, but never have the catholic church ever said 'mary is d third person of the trinity. Please stop lying 'spouse' and 'third person' are not d same thing.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Ubenedictus(m): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
truthislight:

@olaadegbu
Bro, that statement at 1.joint 5:7
Is a later addition.

There was a time catholic monks took it upon themself to hand copy the bible, thats how that statement found it way into the scriptures. Thats why older manuscript dont contain that statement. Research it.

Say 4th ce.
this is true, when d barbarians attacked rome they distroyed almost all books, the older manuscripts were kept by monks, there was not printing press so for about 1500yrs monks hand copyied the bible translated it and transmitted it, that particular verse came from the copy of erasmus. Erasmus copyied from a version that had an interpretation by the s4de he mistakingly added the interpretation to his work.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Ubenedictus(m): 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
truthislight: @olaadegbu
Bro, am impress for sincerity of purpose.
But i can tell u that u have not scratch the surface yet on this research.

However, u did not bother to ask who drew the conclusion on the research u made? U obviously should note that on an issue like this ones religiouse bias can affect ones conclusion.
Why not try reading 1John 5:6&8 as if 7 does not exist and see the sense u will get?
Then consider the context and see how 7 fit in by urself.

Without leading u, u will notice that the issue is about earth. And Jesus coming to earth. And overcometh the world. 7 seems foreign.

Does the fact that 8 said that three bear witness in heaven means that water and blood are persons?
As vas 6 have it?

Bro, if u read vas 5 then read vas 9 u will see the sense of what happened at Jesus baptism, God himself bearing witness at christ baptism. Even making me to be sceptic of vas 6,7,8. Pls, just have a look.

JW say that Jesus is an archangel. Leader of the angels.

When u hear them out u will know and see the facts they have.
this is the worst thing i have ever heard, you are saying Jesus is and arch angel, where did you hear that! Which bible says so?
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Ubenedictus(m): 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2012
Enigma:

Of what substance is God the Father made such that He would physically sit on a physical throne?

The doctrine of the Trinity is not a "Roman Catholic Church" doctrine! Rather, it is a doctrine of the catholic i.e. the universal church! The doctrine of the Trinity in one form or another or, in other words, the idea of God as Trinity was accepted by Christians long before the inception of the Roman Catholic Church.

See this link that I have referred to a number of times previously: https://www.nairaland.com/497445/trinity-doctrine-invented-council-meeting/2#7181702

or this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_of_the_Church_Fathers

cool
your links quote d church fathers and church councils, the surprising thing is that the church fathers were catholic and the council were also catholic those in attendance were catholic bishops and priest even the pope sent representatives do your home work.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Ubenedictus(m): 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
frosbel: ^^^

Mate, I asked the question first, stop playing games, I do not answer questions with questions.

If you had asked this simple question, I would have provided a proper response eons ago.

There is ONLY 1 throne throughout scripture.

Let me help you , the one sitting on the throne is our Father became our redeemer , this is a clue.

To show three thrones in heaven is tritheism- the belief in three gods. The idea of three thrones contradicts Scripture, as Revelation 4:2 is clear there is one throne. Also, to say that there is one throne begs the question, who is sitting on the throne?

We see from Scripture that Jesus, our Father and Redeemer, is the one God sitting on the one throne in heaven. There is one throne, and one sitting on the throne- Jesus, the Alpha, Omega, beginning, ending, first, last, who was, is, and is to come, the Almighty.
forsbel d bible shows more than one throne why cant u accept it. The fada has a thone and the son is also sitting on a throne, why cant u accept it.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Ubenedictus(m): 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2012
frosbel:

No answer

I accept !!

Quit believing in that Pagan doctrine .
this is called cherry picking, you accept what u like and throw d rest away, fosbel it is a shamful thing, the fada has a
throne and so does d son.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Ubenedictus(m): 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Are these good enough reasons for you to jump on their bandwagon?

What else are you at odds with? The doctrine of trinity, the immortality of the soul and Hellfire are the doctrines you share in common with JWs. What do you agree with the Christian doctrine? You definitely are at odds with doctrine of the rapture and you believe in the Replacement theology. Can you name what you consider 'cultist churches' and the reason why you think they qualify as such?

True Christians were not known to burn their fellow Christians at the stake, that was the preserve of the Roman Catholics. Christians would rather pray for their enemies and love those who persecute them.
easy here dear friend calvin was not a catholic, calvin was a protestant d founder of the reform theology that you follow yet he burned those he consider heretics, so i dont see d reason you are talking about d catholic church instead of d protestant reformed church.
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Ubenedictus(m): 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Erm . . . Before I go can I ask a couple of kweshuns if that's alright?

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." -- Psalm 45:6-7

Believers who have received the report of the Lord can help me out here,

Who is speaking here?

Who was he speaking to?

Who is referred to here as God with a capital "G"?

How many personalities are referred to as God here?

If you know the answer(s) to these please holla.
d fada is speaking and he is speaking to jesus his son, jesus is called God and there are 2 different personalities in dat pasage
Re: We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion by Freksy(m): 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ubenedictus: yes mary is the mother of god d son and 'spouse' of the holy spirit, but never have the catholic church ever said 'mary is d third person of the trinity. Please stop lying 'spouse' and 'third person' are not d same thing.

In what sense is Mary the "spouse" of the holy spirit? The scripture has never said so, can you please expatiate on it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

As A Christian Have You Experience Miracle Personally Or Seen It Happen? / David Oyedepo Celebrates His 63rd Birthday Today / Help Needed Concerning Restitution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.