Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Ondo State Alone Produce More Resources Than All The South East States Combined - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State Alone Produce More Resources Than All The South East States Combined (7960 Views)

Leave Rivers State Alone, Ateke Tells Biafra Agitators / 'Leave Abia State Alone'- Abia Special Adviser To Okorocha / Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo State Alone Produce More Resources Than All The South East States Combined by ektbear: 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2012
There is nothing wrong with making your living from importation.

But don't get confused into thinking that you are adding value or actually building anything. Improved logistics and smoother efficiency certainly has value. And a lot of value, for that matter. But it is by no means irreplaceable.

Regarding Ondo, producing a substantial amount of Nigeria's oil (more than the SE zone combined) and a substantial amount of its cocoa is pretty solid
Re: Ondo State Alone Produce More Resources Than All The South East States Combined by Nchara: 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2012
ekt_bear:

There is nothing wrong with making your living from importation.

But don't get confused into thinking that you are adding value or actually building anything. Improved logistics and smoother efficiency certainly has value. And a lot of value, for that matter. But it is by no means irreplaceable.

Regarding Ondo, producing a substantial amount of Nigeria's oil (more than the SE zone combined) and a substantial amount of its cocoa is pretty solid

The cancelled bit is a lie from hell. Cocoa growers are also irreplaceable.
Re: Ondo State Alone Produce More Resources Than All The South East States Combined by Onlytruth(m): 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2012
To think there was a time I thought that this iddiot called ekt-thug bear was smart.  undecided  cry

Imagine this type of thinking -"if current importers don't import, others will step in"; pray for how long has Lagos existed as a sea port? Did import duties become a major income earner for Nigeria until recently?
I bet you all that there are many industries in Nigeria TODAY still untapped (auto manufacturing for instance), which if tomorrow some Igbo dude by share grit and "Igbo spirit" makes it a major income earner for Nigeria, people like this guy will come to make the same deranged argument "if they don't do it, others will ,   blah blah".
Mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

Anambra state alone has more resources than the whole SW.
Let the exergerations continue!  cool cool cool
Re: Ondo State Alone Produce More Resources Than All The South East States Combined by ektbear: 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2012
Nchara:

The cancelled bit is a lie from hell.
It is correct. Compare current oil production from Ondo against the aggregate produced by the 5 SE states. Google around a bit and you'll find the numbers you seek.

Cocoa growers are also irreplaceable.
I assume you mean replaceable, right? Yes, I don't particularly view the individual as irreplaceable. But the product of his land (the cocoa), if that supply is diminished, then it has an impact not only on Nigeria, but on world cocoa prices.
Re: Ondo State Alone Produce More Resources Than All The South East States Combined by ektbear: 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2012
Onlytruth:

To think there was a time I thought that this iddiot called ekt-thug bear was smart.  undecided  cry
Heh.

Of what relevance is your thinking about my intelligence?

Why should I care? Who are you to me? Nobody significant in my life. Why is your opinion of any importance to me?

Imagine this type of thinking -"if current importers don't import, others will step in"; pray for how long has Lagos existed as a sea port? Did import duties become a major income earner for Nigeria until recently?
Your argument is what? Are you saying that it is NOT market demand that creates these import duties? That import duties are largely a function of consumer consumption, not anything special about the importers?

I bet you all that there are many industries in Nigeria TODAY still untapped (auto manufacturing for instance), which if tomorrow some Igbo dude by share grit and "Igbo spirit" makes it a major income earner for Nigeria, people like this guy will come to make the same deranged argument "if they don't do it, others will ,   blah blah".
Mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

Anambra state alone has more resources than the whole SW.
Let the exergerations continue!  cool cool cool
more nonsense
Re: Ondo State Alone Produce More Resources Than All The South East States Combined by ektbear: 9:44pm On Feb 23, 2012
It honestly cracks me up when people dumber than me try this, "I question your intelligence" shtick.

When intellectual peers make comments of this nature, definitely you take a step back and reassess your argument, are more careful with how you present things.

But otherwise, it just causes me to crack up.

I remember that GRE comment you made earlier. . . one of the few times I've nearly choked on laughter from this site cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector / Mastercard To Power Nigerian Identity Card Program / President Buhari Due In Kenya To Bolster Ties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.