Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens (23449 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? / Plaetton's Pantheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 11, 2012
Aliens.

Just kidding. Wandjina

[b]Wandjina figures are some of the most visually striking of all images in Kimberley art.

The Worrorra, Wunambal, and Ngarinyin people of the north-western and central Kimberley say that the Wandjina are the creator beings of the Dreaming, and that they made their world and all that it contains. They are found in many rock art sites in caves and rock shelters throughout the Kimberley.

Wandjina are usually painted as full-length, or head and shoulder, figures, either standing or lying horizontally. Their large mouthless faces feature enormous black eyes flanking a beak-like nose. The head is usually surrounded by a band with outward radiating lines. Elaborate head-dresses are both the hair of the Wandjinas and clouds. Long lines coming out from the hair are the feathers which Wandjinas wore and the lightning which they control. Wandjina ceremonies to ensure the timely beginning of the monsoon wet season and sufficient rainfall are held during December and January, following which the rains usually begin (Source: Western Australian Museum).
http://www.aboriginalartonline.com/regions/wandjina-art.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wondjina

In Aboriginal mythology, the Wondjina (or Wandjina) were cloud and rain spirits who, during the Dream time, created or influenced the landscape and its inhabitants.[1] When they found the place they would die, they painted their images on cave walls and entered a nearby waterhole.

Today, certain Aboriginal people of the Mowanjum tribes repaint the images to ensure the continuity of the Wondjina's presence.[2] Annual repainting in December or January also ensures the arrival of the monsoon rains, according to Mowanjum belief.[3] Repainting has occurred so often that at one site the paint is over 40 layers deep. The painting style evolves during this process: the figures of recent years are stockier and some now possess eyelashes.[4]

The Wondjina paintings have common colors of black, red and yellow on a white background. They appear alone or in groups, vertically or horizontally depending on the dimensions of the rock, and can be depicted with figures and objects like the Rainbow Serpent or yams. Common composition is with large upper bodies and heads that show eyes and nose, but typically no mouth. Two explanations have been given for this: they are so powerful they do not require speech[5] and if they had mouths, the rain would never cease. Around the heads of Wondjina are lines or blocks of color, depicting lightning, clouds or rain. The Wondjina can punish those who break the law with floods, lightning and cyclones.[6] The paintings are still believed to possess these powers and therefore are to be approached and treated respectfully. Each site and painting has a name.

In 2007, graffiti depictions of Wandjina appeared in Perth, Western Australia. Styles ranged from stencil-work to a spray painted Wondjina driving a pink car. Using flickr and blogs, several people engaged in 'Wondjina watching', documenting the Wondjina graffiti they found.[7] These 'wandering Wondjina' angered and upset Aboriginals who said that only certain of their people are permitted to depict the Wondjina.[8] A short film, Who Paintin' Dis Wandjina, discussed the Aboriginal reaction.[9]
[/b]

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 1:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
You are very odd indeed. Everything you posted up there argues my case for me, for goodness sake - have a look at what the locals said the Wandinja are - creator gods of their world!Every single myth surrounding the issue argues in favour of my case and not yours.

2 Likes

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2012
^^^^^

Lol, get real.
You were using aboriginal paintings as examples of ancient astronauts/aliens. You were asking for an explanation as if the picture you posted represented aliens. Now that I posted the culture and mythology behind it, you say it argues your case. Lmao

C'mon perry mason, mythology is now evidence of your ancient aliens? If that is what "argues your case", then you should just pick up all Daniken's and sit chin's books and discuss your mythological evidence with their known disciples on nairaland.

If the wandjina were the creators of the world, maybe Jehovah was the the pilot of the spacecraft that brought them to earth.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 12, 2012
Deep Sight:
Now, it seems you miss the point of those paintings -

1. The issue is WHEN were those paintings made? If they were made in an age where the very concept of some of the things depicted had yet to be conceived - and depicted in such shapes, the the question is what eaxactly was teh artist conveying? Does it not emerge as a possibility that the artists are conveying sightings of the very same things reported today?

2. Lets leave the crucifixion painting if you hate it so much. There were many other highly suggestive paintings that I posted some of which are more than 5000 years old and which you surely must have an explanation for - rather than simply hand-waving and saying that "there must be a rational explanation" - while YOU offer NONE!

Are they highly suggestive or do you choose to attach your own alien mystery bias to them? The same kind of mystery you think the pyramids are hiding.
"O Pyramid, reaveal thy secrets!!!"

Are they conveying the same things reported today?

Are the gods/creators of mythology now ancient astronauts?

Do you even bother researching these so called evidence before posting? If you had, you would have known the story behind the Wandjina, instead of relying on whatever nutjob website you found it on. And if you found it on one of wiki's alien pages, you should have looked up the story yourself.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 12, 2012
Is it only the sumerians and the hindus with all these fantastic ancient alien technologies? Why not Africa?

Could this be a depiction of an ancient astronaut wearing a helmet with the face plate off?

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2012
Did an ancient astronaut inspire this "head dress"?

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 12, 2012
Hmmmmmmm

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 7:48pm On Mar 13, 2012
If you missed the point on the wandjinina, there is absolutely nothing I can do about that. I maintain that your post argues my case for me. Anyway, I don give up. I don surrender. So lef me.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 13, 2012
Look at him calling them wandjinas. A couple of pages ago he was insinuating that they were possible aliens.

Well, if you insist that mythological sky spirits are really ancient astronauts, ill agree with you. Lol
I wonder if you would have presented them as possible proof of aliens if you had done a little research first. But why would you? you know it all. Lol

Besides, I didn't post the wandjina just for you but your ego went into overdrive and you decided to claim the paintings as proof of aliens.

Which african myth is really about aliens? I can't imagine your people being left out of all these alien shenanigans. You don't have any pictures of that kind of art?
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2012
^^^ There are zillions of african myths about gods descending from the sky, my friend.

Dont worry yourself. I concede defeat. To the extent that nothing i say can make sense to you.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 8:42am On Mar 14, 2012
^^^^Not only in Africa, but the world over. They all say the same thing and they all can't be wrong.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 14, 2012
When Obatala descended from the sky, he actually descended from the Mothership where he received instructions from Olorun on how to engineer humans.

Von Daniken will be in Nigeria soon to confirm this.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2012
Yoruba Creation Myth  AAT

In the beginning was only the sky above, water and marshland below. 

The chief god Olorun ruled the sky, and the goddess Olokun ruled what was below. 

Obatala, another god, reflected upon this situation, then went to Olorun for permission to create dry land for all kinds of living creatures to inhabit. He was given permission, so he sought advice from Orunmila, oldest son of Olorun and the god of prophecy. 

He was told he would need a gold chain long enough to reach below, a snail's shell filled with sand, a white hen, a black cat, and a palm nut, all of which he was to carry in a bag. All the gods contributed what gold they had, and Orunmila supplied the articles for the bag. When all was ready, Obatala hung the chain from a corner of the sky, placed the bag over his shoulder, and started the downward climb. When he reached the end of the chain he saw he still had some distance to go. 

From above he heard Orunmila instruct him to pour the sand from the snail's shell, and to immediately release the white hen. 

He did as he was told, whereupon the hen landing on the sand began scratching and scattering it about. 

Wherever the sand landed it formed dry land, the bigger piles becoming hills and the smaller piles valleys. Obatala jumped to a hill and named the place Ife. The dry land now extended as far as he could see. 

He dug a hole, planted the palm nut, and saw it grow to maturity in a flash
(AlienTechnology). The mature palm tree dropped more palm nuts on the ground, each of which grew immediately to maturity and repeated the process. Obatala settled down with the cat for company. (I'm thinking "cat like" creature like neytiri from Planet Pandora)

Many months passed, and he grew bored with his routine. 

He decided to create beings like himself to keep him company. He dug into the sand and soon found clay with which to mold figures like himself and started on his task, but he soon grew tired and decided to take a break. (Genetic Engineering)

He made wine from a nearby palm tree, and drank bowl after bowl. Not realizing he was drunk, Obatala returned to his task of fashioning the new beings; because of his condition he fashioned many imperfect figures. ( Don't drink at work!)

Without realizing this, he called out to Olorun to breathe life(the human soul) into his creatures. 

The next day he realized what he had done and swore never to drink again, and to take care of those who were deformed,(microcephaly, club foot, down syndrome, Von Daniken) thus becoming Protector of the Deformed. 

The new people built huts as Obatala had done and soon Ife prospered and became a city. 

All the other gods were happy with what Obatala had done, and visited the land often, except for Olokun, the ruler of all below the sky. 

The worldwide flood
She had not been consulted by Obatala and grew angry that he had usurped so much of her kingdom. 

When Obatala returned to his home in the sky for a visit, Olokun summoned the great waves of her vast oceans and sent them surging across the land. Wave after wave she unleashed, until much of the land was underwater and many of the people were drowned. Those that had fled to the highest land beseeched the god Eshu who had been visiting, to return to the sky and report what was happening to them. Eshu demanded sacrifice be made to Obatala and himself before he would deliver the message. 

The people sacrificed some goats, and Eshu returned to the sky. 

When Orunmila heard the news he climbed down the golden chain to the earth, and cast many spells which caused the flood waters to retreat and the dry land reappear. 

So ended the great flood.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 12:41pm On Mar 14, 2012
^ ^ ^ U probably also think nothing of the fact that the flood "myth" appears in legends across tribes all over the world. No worries son. Like I said. I accept I cannot argue it with you, since it makes no sense to you to even keep to the principles we agreed on for this discussion, you also contradict yourself by stating that aiens probably exist, but then you say that we must never consider them as an explanation for anything. Abeg, I don free you, you sef free me, make I rest.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2012
Deep Sight:
^ ^ ^ U probably also think nothing of the fact that the flood "myth" appears in legends across tribes all over the world. No worries son. Like I said. I accept I cannot argue it with you, since it makes no sense to you to even keep to the principles we agreed on for this discussion, you also contradict yourself by stating that aiens probably exist, but then you say that we must never consider them as an explanation for anything. Abeg, I don free you, you sef free me, make I rest.

Coming up next.
How Utnapishtim survived the flood and became immortal!!
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2012
Deep Sight:
, you also contradict yourself by stating that aiens probably exist, but then you say that we must never consider them as an explanation for anything. Abeg, I don free you, you sef free me, make I rest.

For the thousandth time, aliens could range from microbes to super intelligent beings but to consider them for anything on this planet, extraordinary evidence will be needed for this extraordinary claim.

Myths and fantasies don't count. Or maybe they do. Lol I like Obatala.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2012
Deep Sight:
No worries son. Like I said. I accept I cannot argue it with you, since it makes no sense to you to even keep to the principles we agreed on for this discussion,.

Lol, you're so two faced it's hilarious. First you sarcastically call me son, then complain that I mock your ideas. At least keep it consistent.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 2:43pm On Mar 14, 2012
^ ^ ^ Oh dear. I really thought there was something riling you up. So that was it? Come on. That expression is just a fond English way, pretty much like the way they refer to people as "mate." Just a spin i picked up while in England - nothing even about seniority, your peers will refer to you as that conversationally - "Listen Son", "Take care son" "where u at son". . . .its just the way. Nothing sarcastic there, son, so please Calm down son.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 14, 2012
Deep Sight: ^ ^ ^ Oh dear. I really thought there was something riling you up. So that was it? Come on. That expression is just a fond English way, pretty much like the way they refer to people as "mate." Just a spin i picked up while in England - nothing even about seniority, your peers will refer to you as that conversationally - "Listen Son", "Take care son" "where u at son". . . .its just the way. Nothing sarcastic there, son, so please Calm down son.

The only people I know who say son are urban new yorkers and posers. You're not from NY and you make sly comments like everyone else, so when you say son, i detect sarcasm. but oh well smiley. And I'm not riled up, this topic is just one big joke. Ok fam?
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 4:51pm On Mar 14, 2012
Martian:

The only people I know who say son are urban new yorkers and posers. You're not from NY and you make sly comments like everyone else, so when you say son, i detect sarcasm. but oh well smiley.

Oh well.

And I'm not riled up, this topic is just one big joke. Ok fam?

This suggests that you believe that EVEN DISCUSSING OR BRINGING UP THE SUBJECT is silly. That is what I find not good: I personally think any idea is up for discussion except the most inane: I do not consider this as such.

No ovex o, we norr go disturb you again with our Aliens.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 5:15pm On Mar 14, 2012
We will wait for disclosure, then he will believe.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 14, 2012
Deep Sight:
This suggests that you believe that EVEN DISCUSSING OR BRINGING UP THE SUBJECT is silly. That is what I find not good: I personally think any idea is up for discussion except the most inane: I do not consider this as such.

Discussing possible alien life is not silly. Saying they have been here and even contributed to our technology is silly. It wouldn't be if the proponents just provide evidence instead of the cave paintings and the likes that they present as evidence. That's inane.

When it comes to Aliens,discussions about things like SETI are not silly, but when we delve into the kooky world of the Ancient Alien Theorists, then the discussion goes from science,reason and rationality to myths, fantasies and just plain old craziness.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 14, 2012
Jenwitemi: We will wait for disclosure, then he will believe.

You. grin
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2012
Martian:

You. grin
NASA.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Heathen(m): 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2012
[b][/b]*put's on tin foil hat*
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2012
Jenwitemi: NASA.

Controlled by Von Daniken's aliens from Planet X. Right, genius?
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 5:57pm On Mar 15, 2012
Von Daeniken does not work for NASA last time i heard, genius. I just wonder what you would do when disclosure is finally here. Remember Stephen Hawkings? That's a mainstream physicist that even you can believe in and he also said that the aliens might be here.
Martian:

Controlled by Von Daniken's aliens from Planet X. Right, genius?
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 15, 2012
Jenwitemi: Von Daeniken does not work for NASA last time i heard, genius

Of course he doesn't. They don't hire pseudoarcheologists.

Jenwitemi: That's a mainstream physicist. that even you can believe in and he also said that the aliens might be here.

Where do you get your news from? Never mind, don't answer.
All he said was if we come in contact with aliens, it might end up bad for us. You need to broaden your horizons and get off those fringe websites. I'm sure that's where you found out about Hawkings and the aliens "that might be here".

"[b]If [/b]aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," he said. "We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet."

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Space/stephen-hawking-alien-contact-risky/story?id=10478157
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 8:04am On Mar 16, 2012
ETs have not only visited this planet, dude, they've been here long before we humans came into the picture, and they are still here. They also are the original sources of most religions. When God is being talked about by various religionists, they are talking about ETs. Believe that or not.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 10:49am On Mar 18, 2012
The Pyramid Code by Carl Munck.
Carl Munck created the science of "archaeocryptograpy," a study of the underlying mathematical order beneath the proportions, size, and placement of the world's sacred sites. Carl claims there is incontrovertible evidence of precise global positioning, thousands of years ago, requiring space age technologies, and satellite triangulation. His website provides introductory examples of how ancient monuments encode their positions in the matrix. Carl will tell the story of how he was taken in an alien ship over the Nazca Lines in 1982. He learned their form of math, which he says was not meant for us to decode yet he has cracked some of the codes. These aliens use complicated math to reveal their location. We'll talk about how sacred sites were used for much more than mapping. Carl will mention some of the lesser known sacred sites and explain a bit about base 360 math. He says the universe is tied together by "maps and tangents." We end the interview with comments from Carl about 2012, crop circles and critique of his work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=s7Te08rDvis#!
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by plaetton: 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2012
@Deepsight and Jenwitemi:
I came across this video on youtube.I recommend you download and watch it in your leisure time. Your intellectual mind might challenge some or most of the assertions, it does, nevertheless, give to an inquiring mind, sooo much insights and so much to think about.
I know you will enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awIYPKZSvR4&feature=related
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 6:28pm On Mar 21, 2012
plaetton: @Deepsight and Jenwitemi:
I came across this video on youtube.I recommend you download and watch it in your leisure time. Your intellectual mind might challenge some or most of the assertions, it does, nevertheless, give to an inquiring mind, sooo much insights and so much to think about.
I know you will enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awIYPKZSvR4&feature=related
Nice video. Thanks for that, mate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? / The Idiocy Of Attacking Oyedepo On CAMA, By Emmanuel Onwubiko / Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.