Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens (23404 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? / Plaetton's Pantheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 6:14pm On Mar 10, 2012
Here are some images of ancient Vimanas for your viewing pleasure;
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 6:18pm On Mar 10, 2012
Can't seem to be able to attach the images. Maybe someone else will have better luck.
Jenwitemi:

Here are some images of ancient Vimanas for your viewing pleasure;
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2012
Here's trying again with the images.

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 6:26pm On Mar 10, 2012
The yorubas have a saying that goes thus; "What you are looking for in Sokoto, is inside your Sokoto." What if what NASA with SETI are searching the cosmos for are not only already here, but have always been here?
1Godfather:

There is reason to believe, granted the sheer enormity of the universe, that there could be life on other unknown worlds. It is indeed the rational position on the matter, given that the more we learn of other solar systems, we’ve also come to discover that there are indeed earth-like planets out there—i.e. planets which closely mimic the earth’s privileged position in its solar system and possess similar set of factors which helped sustain life on this planet.  Nevertheless, it is also useful to stress (and this emphatically), that there has been no definitive confirmed extraterrestrial life out there. This is not to say that there necessarily isn’t or that there couldn’t be—it is just to say that to the best of our knowledge, Life has not been found anywhere else YET. This is what keeps SETI occupied as they search for possible signals from possible civilizations out there in the mind-staggering expanse of space.

This realization should make proponents of the whole ancient alien idea a little bit more modest and humble with their claims. It is admirable that these pro-ET discussants have thus far maintained a dignified civility with their elucidations, but I would caution that we do not allow ourselves be carried off entirely by what can at best be described as hopeful conjecture. As anyone neutral on this matter would have observed, this discussion makes more sense when we are granted the liberty of making a lot of generous assumptions and speculations.  Now, unless we’ve become blinkered sci-fi enthusiasts, we needn’t blur the lines between hopeful speculations and verifiable facts.

Now, what exactly would alien life look like? Have we made space in our deliberations for the fact that we could indeed stumble upon technologically less advanced, carbon-based extraterrestrial life forms? What about technologically less advanced non-carbon-based extraterrestrial life forms? Seriously, why do we assume that aliens must necessarily possess superior technology and/ or are capable of harvesting us for their benefit? The answer would be because it seems to be the familiar motif generated by imaginative sci-fi writers.  I think it can be deeply entertaining to ponder the vast mysteries that will yet be unfolded to us with the passage of time, but I’d be caution against some overweening presumptuousness on the basis of inconclusive and highly speculative sci-fi literature. While the ideas tossed about in popular sci-fi literature can eventually become reality, it wouldn’t help things to treat it as such now. The best one can hope for in these circumstances is that people who have consumed a staggering amount of sci-fi literature would find themselves sufficiently motivated to want to conduct real science with a view to bringing refreshing new perspectives and insights into what we now cavalierly accept. Indeed, such transformative paradigm-shifting moves may make some of these exciting sci-fi ideas an eventual reality.

I say these because there is no shortage of conspiracy theories and fantastical but improbable notions that are making the rounds. 

Now let’s get on with the physics…

You would pretty much have to say that the entirety of modern physics and cosmology are on shaky grounds if we are to grant the leaps needed to make some of these ideas come through. At the barest minimum, if possible alien spacecraft is to traverse the mind-boggling distances required for deep space exploration, they need to fly at or very close to the speed of light—in fact it would be better if they could fly at faster-than-light speeds.  But nothing in physics suggests that anything the size of a spacecraft –no matter how powerful (no matter the vast amount of energy you would burn for such a vessel to fly) –can ever hope to approach the speed of light. Not only do you have to ponder the vast length of time it would take these possible aliens to traverse galaxies shuttling around in spacecraft which albeit more powerful than anything this planet has ever known is nonetheless demonstrably slow at astronomical scales, you would also have to wonder how long these possibly non-carbon-based life forms can possibly live. Can this alien non-mechanical life form live/survive for say 500 years on one single leg of a deep space odyssey? 1000 years? 5000?

Indeed, to make some of these ideas work we would have to seriously tinker with contemporary physics: we would have to revise or discard general and special relativity theories; the concept of time would have to get another meaning or look; the speed of light will pretty much cease to matter in calculations if we can experimentally prove the existence of superluminals  (objects which display faster than light motion); we might even have to revise the already experimentally verified idea that the universe is expanding i.e. the fabric of space-time is still expanding  as stars, planets  and indeed galaxies continue to fly away from each other. We might also have to invoke and provide evidence for the existence of wormholes etc.

But let us now limit ourselves to interstellar space travel. If indeed there are aliens zipping around in superluminal propulsion spacecraft in this galaxy alone, then it becomes at once conspicuous why in all these years they have not been able to make contact. Why has SETI not been able to at least spot a signal from these proposed advanced civilizations? Granted we are not talking about flying from one end of the Milky Way to the other (that will easily take 100000 years flying at the speed of light), why haven’t they been able to make any contact at all? The closest known stars and brown dwarfs are within or less than 16 light years from our star. This means that if the stars closest to us have planets that contain advanced alien life forms that could fly around in superluminal jets, we should have had one of those civilizations approach this distinctive planet on this solar system in less than 17 years!  SETI was created in 1984 which makes it 28 years. If they have not seen anything approaching extraterrestrial intelligence all this time, we would be led to conclude that a) the possible alien life forms might be found even further away in this galaxy (if at all) or b) no matter how highly technologically advanced we suspect these proposed beings are, they are subject to the same physics as we are and thus could not possibly have erected superluminal jets.

None of these observations is designed to put a dampener on the possible ecstatic expectations of alien visitations that some might possibly harbor. It might be that if there are other life forms out there, we may never know. Also, it may be that by the time they eventually discover this planet we might have long ceased to be here having already destroyed ourselves and wrecked the planet with nuclear weapons. Another enthralling possibility given the 5 billion-year proposed life expectancy of our sun is that whatever race of humans are around in another 100,000 years will be as advanced over us presently as we currently are from microbes—this is so that any possible visitation by aliens would perhaps not fill the humans existing at that time with anxiety and/or trepidation.

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 10, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaimanika_Shastra

The Vaimānika Shāstra वैमानिक शास्त्र ("Science of Aeronautics"[1]; also Vimanika, Vymanika) is an early 20th century Sanskrit text on aeronautics obtained by psychic channeling and automatic writing. It makes the claim that the vimānas mentioned in ancient Sanskrit epics were advanced aerodynamic flying vehicles, similar to a rocket.The existence of the text was revealed in 1952 by G. R. Josyer who asserted that it was written by Pandit Subbaraya Shastry (1866–1940), who dictated it during the years 1918–1923. A Hindi translation was published in 1959, while the Sanskrit text with an English translation was published in 1973. It contains 3000 shlokas in 8 chapters which Shastry claimed was psychically delivered to him by the ancient Hindu sage Bharadvaja,[2]. The text has gained favor among proponents of ancient astronaut theories.

A study by aeronautical and mechanical engineering at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 1974 concluded that the aircraft described in the text were "poor concoctions" and that the author showed a complete lack of understanding of aeronautics. The study also states "The Rukma Vimana was the only one which made sense. It had long vertical ducts with fans on the top to suck air from the top and send it down the ducts, generating a lift in the process." [3]
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 6:38pm On Mar 10, 2012
^ And what does this tell you? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2012
Deep Sight:

^ And what does this tell you? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I need to spell it out?

Early 20th century? He got the information from "psychic channelling and automatic writing"? Psychically delivered by an ancient Hindu sage?

The easter bunny psychically told me its BS
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2012
But that does not disprove the fact that these machines were present and described in the vedic literatures. VIMANAS were in the ancient vedic literatures of INDIA. There is nothing you can do to disprove those. Or has WIKI told you that they were also written in the 20th century?

The fact that ancient texts even talk about fantastic flying machines can only mean that something was going on at that time that is out of the ordinary(from our own POV, that is). No smoke without fire, mate. According to the ancient vedic texts, ET beings freely mixed with human beings in the ancient times.
Martian:

I need to spell it out?

Early 20th century? He got the information from "psychic channelling and automatic writing"? Psychically delivered by an ancient Hindu sage?

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2012
Martian:

I need to spell it out?

The easter bunny psychically told me its BS

oh damn.

anyway, i did not speak vimanas. the paintings i posted, u did not address. you only said they are not worth responding to. thats escapism.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 10, 2012
Jenwitemi:

But that does not disprove the fact that these machines were present and described in the vedic literatures. VIMANAS were in the ancient vedic literatures of INDIA.  

The vimanas in the vedic literatures were mythological flying machines powered by flying animals while the 20th century Vaimānika Shāstra has crude and mostly inoperable technology "psychically dictated" by a sage. lol

Jenwitemi:

There is nothing you can do to disprove those.

I don't have to disprove anything.  All your so called "facts" are either outright lies, assumptions, fantasies or mythology. The funniest part is that you can't tell the difference.

Jenwitemi:

Or has WIKI told you that they were also written in the 20th century?

WIKI does't support your ignorance, now you have a problem against it. lol
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 10, 2012
Deep Sight:

oh damn.

anyway, i did not speak vimanas. the paintings i posted, u did not address. you only said they are not worth responding to. thats escapism.

Those paintings are silly. There is one of the crucifixion of jesus and it included UFO for christ's sake!!! That's just too damned silly and I don't even feel like looking up the sources.
Maybe if you posted the sources, i'll look at them but I'm sure they all have rational xplanantions that don't need aliens.

The figurines don't prove anything that will suggest ET either.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 7:07pm On Mar 10, 2012
That is just your own interpretation, mate. Which i am sure isn't correct.
Martian:

The vimanas in the vedic literatures were mythological flying machines powered by flying animals

Wikipeadia is hardly the arbiter of the truth, mate.
Martian:

I don't have to disprove anything.  All your so called "facts" are either outright lies, assumptions, fantasies or mythology. The funniest part is that you can't tell the difference.

WIKI does't support your ignorance, now you have a problem against it. lol

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 10, 2012
Jenwitemi:

That is just your own interpretation, mate. Which i am sure isn't correct.

Yours are just ignorant.

Jenwitemi:

Wikipeadia is hardly the arbiter of the truth, mate.

Wikipedia always cites it sources at the bottom so it's useful for informal discussions like this.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2012
Martian, can you address the Piri Reis and the Oronteus Fineaus maps? Whip up your wikipaedia and explain those two maps away. I am waiting.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 7:14pm On Mar 10, 2012
Okay, wise one, tackle those maps, please.
Martian:

Yours are just ignorant.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2012
Jenwitemi:

Martian, can you address the Piri Reis and the Oronteus Fineaus maps? Whip up your wikipaedia and explain those two maps away. I am waiting.

lmao Piri Reis.
Secrets in the map?
It's the other stuff that fascinates people. Among other claims:
The map shows the earth as seen from space
The map shows the subglacial topography of Greenland
The map shows the subglacial topography of Antarctica
The map is aligned with the earth's energy grid (whatever that means) lol

http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/pseudosc/piriries.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis_map
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2012
And when you are done with the maps, can you then tackle the Dogon mysteries. Explain for us how they manage to have the knowledge of the existence of Syrius B without even knowing what a telescope is long long before the western astronomers did. Get to work on your wiki. Waiting
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 7:20pm On Mar 10, 2012
Martian:

Those paintings are silly. There is one of the crucifixion of jesus and it included UFO for christ's sake!!! That's just too damned silly and I don't even feel like looking up the sources.
Maybe if you posted the sources, i'll look at them but I'm sure they all have rational xplanantions that don't need aliens.

The figurines don't prove anything that will suggest ET either.

Please be done with your abusive language already. Surely receiving no abusive language in return, for ten pages now, you must be tired of being insultive? Come on.

Now, it seems you miss the point of those paintings -

1. The issue is WHEN were those paintings made? If they were made in an age where the very concept of some of the things depicted had yet to be conceived - and depicted in such shapes, the the question is what eaxactly was teh artist conveying? Does it not emerge as a possibility that the artists are conveying sightings of the very same things reported today?

2. Lets leave the crucifixion painting if you hate it so much. There were many other highly suggestive paintings that I posted some of which are more than 5000 years old and which you surely must have an explanation for - rather than simply hand-waving and saying that "there must be a rational explanation" - while YOU offer NONE!

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2012
Jenwitemi:

And when you are done with the maps, can you then tackle the Dogon mysteries. Explain for us how they manage to have the knowledge of the existence of Syrius B without even knowing what a telescope is long long before the western astronomers did. Get to work on your wiki. Waiting

I have a better idea. Why don't you get some education and exposure so you can stop sounding like someone who doesn't know the difference between reality, sci fi and fantasies.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2012
Can you explain then, how such an old map was able to show such informations long before they were discovered by the western scientists? Just posting links ain't enough, dude. Quit hiding behind wiki links and give us your wise explanations. You are supposed to be exposed and knowledgeable, right?
Martian:

lmao Piri Reis.
Secrets in the map?
It's the other stuff that fascinates people. Among other claims:
The map shows the earth as seen from space
The map shows the subglacial topography of Greenland
The map shows the subglacial topography of Antarctica
The map is aligned with the earth's energy grid (whatever that means)  lol

http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/pseudosc/piriries.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis_map
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2012
Deep Sight:

Please be done with your abusive language already. Surely receiving no abusive language in return, for ten pages now, you must be tired of being insultive? Come on.

I called the paintings silly, if you are offended, too bad.

Deep Sight:

1. The issue is WHEN were those paintings made? If they were made in an age where the very concept of some of the things depicted had yet to be conceived - and depicted in such shapes, the the question is what eaxactly was teh artist conveying? Does it not emerge as a possibility that the artists are conveying sightings of the very same things reported today?

Well, pick your favorite one, find out about the painter, what the painter saw and when it was painted. Then maybe we'll have proof.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2012
I take it that you don't know, then? Okay, i understand. Like i told you earlier, if you want to be a skeptic, first school up before you even think of being one. Wikipeadia is not education, dude.
Martian:

I have a better idea. Why don't you get some education and exposure so you can stop sounding like someone who doesn't know the difference between reality, sci fi and fantasies.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 10, 2012
Jenwitemi:

Can you explain then, how such an old map was able to show such informations long before they were discovered by the western scientists? Just posting links ain't enough, dude. Quit hiding behind wiki links and give us your wise explanations. You are supposed to be exposed and knowledgeable, right?

Did you even read the UWGB link?

At left is the same map with the Piri Reis map superimposed on it. The conclusions don't change: Europe and Africa, pretty good. South America, fair. In fact the crudeness of the cartography of the Caribbean coast is more obvious here. Similarity to North America: vague at best. Similarity to Antarctica: imaginary.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 7:29pm On Mar 10, 2012
Martian:

I called the paintings silly, if you are offended, too bad.

The paintings are silly? That's an odd assessment of any art. Much less 5000 year old art. I rather thought you were saying (and in fact, you WERE saying) that the presentation of the paintings as issues to be discussed was silly.

Such a statement - without a single attempt to discuss the paintings - IS, manifestly, silly, my friend.

Well, pick your favorite one, find out about the painter, what the painter saw and when it was painted. Then maybe we'll have proof.

Okay, lets discuss this one -

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 10, 2012
Jenwitemi:

I take it that you don't know, then? Okay, i understand. Like i told you earlier, if you want to be a skeptic, first school up before you even think of being one. Wikipeadia is not education, dude.

LOL. Of course, that's why Ive relied on  real colleges for my education. Wikipedia is an effective link to counter opinions  like yours though.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2012
Deep Sight:

The paintings are silly?

The jesus one is particularly silly.

Deep Sight:

The paintings are silly? That's an odd assessment of any art. Much less 5000 year old art. I rather thought you were saying (and in fact, you WERE saying) that the presentation of the paintings as issues to be discussed was silly.

Art can be silly. 5000 years old or 5 years old. What's so odd about that? Some rap fans will probably think someone like Nicki Minaj is artsy. In my opinion her art is simple minded and silly. That's an example of silly art.

Deep Sight:

Such a statement - without a single attempt to discuss the paintings - IS, manifestly, silly, my friend.

Just like your opinions.

Deep Sight:

Okay, lets discuss this one -

Source
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2012
@ Martian.
And when you are done with the above assignments, please do try to explain the PUMAPUNKU RUINS. Thank you.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2012
Jenwitemi:

@ Martian.
And when you are done with the above assignments, please do try to explain the PUMAPUNKU RUINS. Thank you.

Pumapunku my balls.
Go watch Ancient Aliens or something, maybe they'll educate you about how aliens did it.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2012
Hahahaha! Everybody knows that wiki's contents get edited every now and then. Are you kidding me? Give me a break, dude.
Martian:

LOL. Of course, that's why Ive relied on  real colleges for my education. Wikipedia is an effective link to counter opinions  like yours though.

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2012
You can't provide any refutations, can you? Looks like you are drowning already under too much evidence, dude. I will show you mercy and quit entertaining an ignorant and close-minded "skeptic"(sic) like you. Cheerio.
Martian:

Pumapunku my balls.
Go watch Ancient Aliens or something, maybe they'll educate you about how aliens did it.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 10, 2012
Jenwitemi:

Hahahaha! Everybody knows that wiki's contents get edited every now and then. Are you kidding me? Give me a break, dude.

Hahahaha! it's never edited in your favor because your views are ignorant and not based on facts.

Jenwitemi:

Looks like you are drowning under too much evidence, dude. I will show mercy and not be bothered with an ignorant and close-minded "skeptic"(sic) like you.

Dude, you're a joke.  Ancient aliens! What a rube!
What evidence do you have? Evidence that humans built massive monuments or aliens did it?
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2012
Martian, the "wise" skeptic has run out of refutations. Too many evidences for him to refute and now he is hitting out with insults and mockery. Your wiki site has shut down or what? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Sleep Paralysis or Being 'Pressed' At Night - Natural or Supernatural? / If Social Media Was There In The Bible Days / Why Ladies Above 35 Years Should Propose To Men – Rev Father Oluoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.