Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers (12245 Views)

Atheists And Their Stupidity / Question For Atheists And Religious People / A Chalenge For Huxley,kay 17,ogaga4luv And Other Atheists And Satanists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Yagba: 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2012
@FXKing2012;
You are not likely to receive any satisfactory response, going by the one-sided orientation of those who don't believe God or spirit exist. Reliance on the scientific method as the ONLY means to understanding and recognising God has always forced arguments like this to end prematurely. You find contradictions in the argument of all atheists. Many of them readily agreed that science is still an ongoing thing and yet are reluctant to admit their handicap in the task of disproving God. Richard Dawkins, a tin god in atheism, has been severally quoted as saying he was not entirely sure God does not exist. Perhaps, it may well be said that Dawkins has betrayed the trust of most atheists, most especially those of the Plebian class, and they are clearly in the majority. Subjectivity, an essential aspect in spiritual discernment, has no room in the thinking of atheists who believe that anything not understood through the scientific method does not exist. Quite a task ahead for atheists.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 1:15pm On Mar 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

[color=#006600]I'm yet to read any post with a very logical reason as to why there is no God or why we are not alone in the universe. This tells me the skeptics only hold on to their point of view either for the sake of being a rebel or for the sake of attention.

You only believe in a particular God out of the thousands that exist ONLY because of indoctrination and nothing else, went through the thread and saw you lying that all religions believe in only one God, that is false because many religions believe in many Gods and supreme beings, that you happen to be born and indoctrinated in a religion that believes in one supreme being created by the Jews doesn't mean that every body must accept that line of thought. . .
Scientists who are supposedly very smart told us the Big Ba.ng Theory is the beginning of all things. I find this really hilarious for the singular reason that the theory came from scientists.

Look who is talking, you believe the writings of UNKNOWN men who stated that the earth was in existence before the sun and stars, eh?. . .Your entire belief depends on the writings on unknown men who thought their God lives in the shy and if they could build a tower high enough they will see him hiding there. . .What is more ridiculous is the fact that human beings were created from sand and earth was created before the sun and the stars. . . .Did any God personally appear to you and told you he created the universe?. . . .

Let me squash the theory with the following:
1) For there to be a 'ba'ng' the thing that went 'ba.ng' must have preexisted before the 'ba.ng'.

2) Since the thing that went 'ba.ng' is physical that means it must have come from somewhere cos anything physical couldnt have come from nowhere.

3) Energy is required to trigger any form of explosion, so where did the energy come from? Definitely not from nowhere.

Go and study the big b[i]a[/i]ng before making uninformed conclusions and comments. . .

Astronomers and space scientists tell us we are not alone and that the extraterrestrial life out there is far more civilized than us, I wish one of them could throw light into these:
1) The aliens are far more advanced than us yet they have never made contact since the emergence of man on earth despite knowing every living thing likes to conquer and control given the opportunity.

Stop making things up, no reputable scientist has ever claimed that extraterrestrials are more civilized than us, that is your own making. . . Again stop making uninformed comments. . .

2)We have extremely powerful telescopes and satellites yet we have never seen or spotted any aliens, or even any artificial light from outer space.

Read about the telescopes and their limitations before making uninformed comments. . .Scientist just recently discovered that a lot of the stars out there are solar systems like ours, the discovery is not even up to 10 years, the Kepler space observatory that is meant to find out earth like planets was sent out to observe a very tiny part of the milky way galaxy for earth like planets in the habitable regions was launched in 2009 with a mission of about 3-4 years, so far 68 earth like planets have been discovered in 2011 alone. because of the techniques they use and the limitation of the space observatory its very difficult to detect earth like planets, its much easier to detect gas giants like Jupiter. . .The James Webb telescope that will be launched in 2013 will be responsible for detecting planatery systems capable of supporting life. . . Pls learn about these things before making uninformed comments. . . .  

3)We have been eavesdropping on space for several years with the use of radioactive wave hoping to get a signal of any form of activity in space, yet nothing has been heard or detected.

You statement is not completely true, so far all the observatories out there non was set on a mission to detect life outside our solar system. . . .At present time, the search for life in the universe is not a big-ticket program like the Space Shuttle, ISSn or Constellation. It makes astonishing advances anyway but at a slower pace than if we allow it the same resources. The search for life has not really began in Ernest. . .

4)A satellite with messages, maps and descriptions of planet earth and it's resources was sent out to space in the 50's with the hope that  some extraterrestrial intelligence will come in contact with it and find their way to us, but till date we are still expecting them.

Pls where did you get this information from? I will link to see the source of this information, the proposed terrestrial planet finder has not bee launched yet, so I really do not know where you got what you typed above from. . .Pls drop the source of this information you just dropped. . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Jenwitemi(m): 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2012
I do not agree with that notion, mate. You have not make anything clear with that claim of yours because it isn't true of all sentient beings in the universe. Some will seek to conquer, yes, but others will seek to interact benevolently. The nature of the intent behind interaction depends on the level of maturity of the race that seeks to interact. If the level of maturity is not high enough, the race would seek to conquer and control. If it is high and well evolved, the race would seek benevolent interaction. We are not talking about simple organisms here, mate, we are talking about sentient beings. A completely different situation.
FXKing2012:

Again this sounds very much like your earlier argument. Let me make it clear to you, the tendency of any living organism is to conquer and control as long as it is capable of doing so. This is the case from the simplest and tiniest organisms such as virus and bacteria to plants, animals and even humans.

Or their desire could be to see how we are coming along with our evolution. To see if we are growing up or stagnating and regressing. Depends on the maturity of such a race. You are trying to put them all in the same basket which is false. Some would be benevolent, some malevolent, while others totally apathetic to us, the human race. Only spiritually immature races seek to conquer through warring.
FXKing2012:

If they are more mature than us, that means they are more developed and superior in every sense. Now if they are better than us, trust me their desire would be to visit and see to what use we can be put to.

It does make sense as i have explained earlier. There is nothing more to be explained.
FXKing2012:

My point is it simply doesnt make any sense whatsoever for an advanced/superior civilization to wanna stay away cos we are not at their level. This line of argument simply doesnt hold water.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 1:32pm On Mar 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

5) [b]The earth is so carefully located that planet Jupiter protects us from all the massive asteroids from outer space, [/b]the distance btw the earth and the sun is just perfect to give moderate heat, the moon is perfectly located to create the tides which is essential for sea life and also creates the necessary gravitational pull that keeps us from being drawn into the sun by the gravitational pull of the sun thus making earth the only habitable planet(as far as has been discovered by scientists) in the universe, and they tell me all these are mere coincidences.

You keep making very uninformed statements, I really didn not ant to engage you but the misinformation and nonsense you have been writing made me to jump in and make some things clear. . .Jupiter does NOT protect the earth from any asteroid. . In fact Jupiter increases risk of comet strike on Earth. . .

Contrary to prevailing wisdom, Jupiter does not protect Earth from comet strikes. In fact, Earth would suffer fewer impacts without the influence of Jupiter's gravity, a new study says. It could have implications for determining which solar systems are most hospitable to life.

A 1994 study showed that replacing Jupiter with a much smaller planet like Uranus or Neptune would lead to 1000 times as many long-period comets hitting Earth. This led to speculation that complex life would have a hard time developing in solar systems without a Jupiter-like planet because of more intense bombardment by comets.

But a new study by Jonathan Horner and Barrie Jones of Open University in Milton Keynes, UK, shows that if there were no planet at all in Jupiter's orbit, Earth would actually be safer from impacts.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn12532-jupiter-increases-risk-of-comet-strike-on-earth.html

By the way asteroids have hit earth in the past. . .The earth is NOT the only habitable planet in the universe that harbors life, as of now we have not fully developed the mechanism for detecting life in other parts of the universe. read about the space observatories and their limitations. . .  

Darwin and his lot came with the gospel of evolution and so many bought into it.
1) If in deed we evolved from apes, how come for the tens of thousands of years we've existed, we have not noticed any form of evolution in any mammal.

2) If we in deed evolved from apes, we wouldn't be eons apart in terms of our level of intelligence. We have evolved as humans from one primitive state to a more sophisticated one but no animal has been known/seen to evolve from one level of sophistication to another. The lions, tigers, apes, etc we have today are exactly the same in terms of level of intelligence as those that existed 1,000yrs, 10,000yrs or 100,000yrs ago.

I don't believe in evolution so will leave this as it is. . .There is more evidence for evolution that creation, creationism is ONLY a claim no scientific evidence has ever been produced or will ever be produced to bakc it up. . .

I could go on and on to show that there is no way such theories as evolution, extraterrestrial intelligence or that there is no God can stand real scrutiny. Those holding on to such ideas are either not deep enough and willing to live in the superficial or are only living in a state of denial, or perhaps they just want some attention.

You have not provided any evidence, just half truths and misinformation mostly. . . Lets assume that nobody really understands gravity. If I tell you that it exists because there are invisible vacuum demons hidden in the earth that cannot be experienced by mere mortals and can only be experienced by spirituality, the fact that I cannot disprove that theory, nor replace it with a better one, doesn't make it right. It makes it highly speculative at best, and more likely, just a convenient fiction. You can believe whatever you want and I hope that it works for you. However, trying throw away baseless arguments about the spiritual which you have NOT provided any evidence for will not cut it, it remains a mere speculation at best and there is nothing logical about it. . .

Having no explanation for an event means nothing more than we don't know. That's it: we don't know yet. It is ignorant to conclude that God did it with out providing any evidence to back up your claim. There was a time we couldn't explain anything about the stars. Your bible even talks about stars in the sky fighting along side humans in a battle. . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 3:36pm On Mar 02, 2012
mazaje:

You keep making very uninformed statements, I really didn not ant to engage you but the misinformation and nonsense you have been writing made me to jump in and make some things clear. . .Jupiter does NOT protect the earth from any asteroid. . In fact Jupiter increases risk of comet strike on Earth. . .

Contrary to prevailing wisdom, Jupiter does not protect Earth from comet strikes. In fact, Earth would suffer fewer impacts without the influence of Jupiter's gravity, a new study says. It could have implications for determining which solar systems are most hospitable to life.

A 1994 study showed that replacing Jupiter with a much smaller planet like Uranus or Neptune would lead to 1000 times as many long-period comets hitting Earth. This led to speculation that complex life would have a hard time developing in solar systems without a Jupiter-like planet because of more intense bombardment by comets.

But a new study by Jonathan Horner and Barrie Jones of Open University in Milton Keynes, UK, shows that if there were no planet at all in Jupiter's orbit, Earth would actually be safer from impacts.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn12532-jupiter-increases-risk-of-comet-strike-on-earth.html

By the way asteroids have hit earth in the past. . .The earth is NOT the only habitable planet in the universe that harbors life, as of now we have not fully developed the mechanism for detecting life in other parts of the universe. read about the space observatories and their limitations. . .  

[b]You are really funny and I'll tell u why: there was an earlier study that says Jupiter protects us from much of the asteroids from outer space and the study even went ahead to explain how Jupiter does that for us. Then u talked about another study that claims otherwise with no explanation whatsoever as to how a smaller planet would do a better job than Jupiter (bare in mind this is just an assumption cos a smaller planet is not there, they were just assuming if a smaller planet were there instead of Jupiter).
Now the funny part is that u chose to believe the assumption that gave absolutely no logical explanation and reject the study with very logical explanation. There are even videos showing, thus proving how Jupiter has been protecting us.

Even common sense should tell u that due to the massive nature of Jupiter, it produces masses amount of gravity which pulls most of the asteroids coming our way from outer space to itself. And have u not seen NASA videos showing how asteroids hit Jupiter on a very regular basis?

Pls dont come here talking what is not just becos u wanna stubbornly believe what is not.[/b]
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 3:48pm On Mar 02, 2012
Jenwitemi:

I do not agree with that notion, mate. You have not make anything clear with that claim of yours because it isn't true of all sentient beings in the universe. Some will seek to conquer, yes, but others will seek to interact benevolently. The nature of the intent behind interaction depends on the level of maturity of the race that seeks to interact. If the level of maturity is not high enough, the race would seek to conquer and control. If it is high and well evolved, the race would seek benevolent interaction. We are not talking about simple organisms here, mate, we are talking about sentient beings. A completely different situation.
Or their desire could be to see how we are coming along with our evolution. To see if we are growing up or stagnating and regressing. Depends on the maturity of such a race. You are trying to put them all in the same basket which is false. Some would be benevolent, some malevolent, while others totally apathetic to us, the human race. Only spiritually immature races seek to conquer through warring.
It does make sense as i have explained earlier. There is nothing more to be explained.

My dear, why do u choose to believe in aliens which u have never seen and no man has ever seen, not even a sign that they exist. Doesnt that sound strange to you?
You say aliens are out there watching us and patiently waiting for us to grow up (lol). You claim they are neither interested in conquering us or even having any mutually beneficial relationship with us. Seriously that sounds like someone who wanna be a rebel just for the fun of it.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2012
mazaje:

You statement is not completely true, so far all the observatories out there non was set on a mission to detect life outside our solar system. . . .At present time, the search for life in the universe is not a big-ticket program like the Space Shuttle, ISSn or Constellation. It makes astonishing advances anyway but at a slower pace than if we allow it the same resources. The search for life has not really began in Ernest. . .
Pls where did you get this information from? I will link to see the source of this information, the proposed terrestrial planet finder has not bee launched yet, so I really do not know where you got what you typed above from. . .Pls drop the source of this information you just dropped. . .

You make so many false/uninformed claims, why is that? Ok, show you that a voyager probe was launched in 1977 with the intent of finding extraterrestrial life read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_Golden_Record

mazaje:

Read about the telescopes and their limitations before making uninformed comments. . .Scientist just recently discovered that a lot of the stars out there are solar systems like ours, the discovery is not even up to 10 years, the Kepler space observatory that is meant to find out earth like planets was sent out to observe a very tiny part of the milky way galaxy for earth like planets in the habitable regions was launched in 2009 with a mission of about 3-4 years, so far 68 earth like planets have been discovered in 2011 alone. because of the techniques they use and the limitation of the space observatory its very difficult to detect earth like planets, its much easier to detect gas giants like Jupiter. . .The James Webb telescope that will be launched in 2013 will be responsible for detecting planatery systems capable of supporting life. . . Pls learn about these things before making uninformed comments. . . .  

Bros, by now u ought to have sensed that I'm someone very vast in the subject of space science. At present Hubble Space Telescope sees light coming from as far back as 14.5billion years which was how they even came about the age of the universe.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

You make so many false/uninformed claims, why is that? Ok, show you that a voyager probe was launched in 1977 with the intent of finding extraterrestrial life read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_Golden_Record

Learn to read what you post before ejecting pls. . .Here is what is written in the link you posted. . .

As the probes are extremely small compared to the vastness of interstellar space, the probability of a space faring civilization encountering them is very small, especially since the probes will eventually stop emitting any kind of electromagnetic radiation. If they are ever found by an alien species, it will most likely be far in the future as the nearest star on Voyager 1's trajectory will only be reached in 40,000 years.Carl Sagan noted that "The spacecraft will be encountered and the record played only if there are advanced space-faring civilizations in interstellar space. But the launching of this 'bottle' into the cosmic 'ocean' says something very hopeful about life on this planet."[2] Thus the record is best seen as a time capsule or a symbolic statement rather than a serious attempt to communicate with extraterrestrial life

This alone destroys your assertion, even if it finds any extraterritorial life there is NO way we here on earth can ever know. . .The distance between stars will make it impossible for them to find us as well, by the way it is not a serious attempt of communicating with extra terrestrials as the link you provided clearly indicated. . .Learn to understand what you are saying before presenting them. . . 

Bros, by now u ought to have sensed that I'm someone very vast in the subject of space science. At present Hubble Space Telescope sees light coming from as far back as 14.5billion years which was how they even came about the age of the universe.[/b][/color]

Hubble's mission Is NOT to detect alien life in other parts of the universe. . . .So I don't know why you are mentioning hubble here. . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

[b]You are really funny and I'll tell u why: there was an earlier study that says Jupiter protects us from much of the asteroids from outer space and the study even went ahead to explain how Jupiter does that for us. Then u talked about another study that claims otherwise with no explanation whatsoever as to how a smaller planet would do a better job than Jupiter (bare in mind this is just an assumption cos a smaller planet is not there, they were just assuming if a smaller planet were there instead of Jupiter).
Now the funny part is that u chose to believe the assumption that gave absolutely no logical explanation and reject the study with very logical explanation. There are even videos showing, thus proving how Jupiter has been protecting us.

Even common sense should tell u that due to the massive nature of Jupiter, it produces masses amount of gravity which pulls most of the asteroids coming our way from outer space to itself. And have u not seen NASA videos showing how asteroids hit Jupiter on a very regular basis?

Pls dont come here talking what is not just becos u wanna stubbornly believe what is not.[/b]

One thing with science is that when new knowledge is available old knowledge is discarded and the information becomes updated unlike religion that relies ONLY on long myths and ancients stories and legends that can not be updated but discarded, many modern christians have discarded the creation stories in genesis and are now regarding it as an allegory because i does not agree with the scientific reality we now know. . . .Back in the days Pluto was thaught t be a planet, images were given and videos of it were shown, not it has been de-listed as a planet, light used to be the fastest thing in the universe now its not, Neutrinos travel faster than the speed of light  and the knew knowledge has been update, its left for you to believe or keep dwelling on past knowledge. . . .

I provided you a link that explains everything instead of reading it you prefer to come up with the drivel you typed above. . . No wonder you were trying to argue that a deity is not the same thing as God earlier. . . .Well done. . .

Here is the link again. . .http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn12532-jupiter-increases-risk-of-comet-strike-on-earth.html
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 4:32pm On Mar 02, 2012
mazaje:

Learn to read what you post before ejecting pls. . .Here is what is written in the link you posted. . .

As the probes are extremely small compared to the vastness of interstellar space, the probability of a space faring civilization encountering them is very small, especially since the probes will eventually stop emitting any kind of electromagnetic radiation. If they are ever found by an alien species, it will most likely be far in the future as the nearest star on Voyager 1's trajectory will only be reached in 40,000 years.Carl Sagan noted that "The spacecraft will be encountered and the record played only if there are advanced space-faring civilizations in interstellar space. But the launching of this 'bottle' into the cosmic 'ocean' says something very hopeful about life on this planet."[2] Thus the record is best seen as a time capsule or a symbolic statement rather than a serious attempt to communicate with extraterrestrial life

This alone destroys your assertion, even if it finds any extraterritorial life there is NO we we here on earth can know. . .The distance between stars will make it impossible for them to find us as well, by the way it is not a serious attempt of communicating with extra terrestrials as the link you provided clearly indicated. . .Lern to understand what you are saying before presenting them. . . 

Hubble's mission Is NOT to detect alien life in other parts of the universe. . . .So I don't know why you are mentioning hubble here

Pls dont even try to twist your earlier argument, wat u said earlier is that no probe has ever been launched and I provided u with a link showing you that a probe to search for extraterrestrial life was launched in 1977. The size of the probe is of no consequence right now, your claim was that no probe had ever been launched, so just accept you were wrong on that.

And Hubble was designed to see whatever is visible to it out there, and that of course includes any aliens that may be lurking out there - or are they invisible?
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 4:40pm On Mar 02, 2012
mazaje:

One thing with science is that when knew knowledge is available old knowledge is discarded and the information becomes updated unlike religion that relies ONLY on long myths and ancients stories and legends that can not be updated but discarded, many modern christians have discarded the creation stories in genesis and are now regarding it as an allegory because i does not agree with the scientific reality we now know. . . .Back in the days Pluto was thaught t be a planet, images were given and videos of it were shown, not it has been de-listed as a planet, light used to be the fastest thing in the universe now its not, Neutrinos travel faster than the speed of light and the knew knowledge has been update, its left for you to believe or keep dwelling on past knowledge. . . .

I provided you a link that explains everything instead of reading it you prefer to come up with the drivel you typed above? No wonder you were trying to argue that a deity is not the same thing as God earlier. . . .Well done. . .

Here is the link again. . .http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn12532-jupiter-increases-risk-of-comet-strike-on-earth.html

Again there you go believing an assumption and holding on to it as if it has been tested. So you would rather believe an assumption which has not been tested than believe what has been tested and everyone can see.
You are so quick to believe a theory that has not been tested and that cannot even be tested but not willing to believe God despite many claiming to have a personal relationship with Him. That shows u are only being rebellious cos u wanna be.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 4:55pm On Mar 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

Pls dont even try to twist your earlier argument, wat u said earlier is that no probe has ever been launched and I provided u with a link showing you that a probe to search for extraterrestrial life was launched in 1977. The size of the probe is of no consequence right now, your claim was that no probe had ever been launched, so just accept you were wrong on that.

Where exactly did I say that no probe has not been sent at all?. . .I only asked you to drop the source of your information because you stated that a probe was sent in the 50s to detect alien life with the earths cordinate on board. . . .I stated that there was a proposed terrestrial planet finder in the works but it has not been launched yet. . .The program was later cancelled. . .Read about it here . . . .The  voyager golden records you mentioned is NOT a serious attempt to find extra territorial life, its just a symbolic attempt because it will eventually stop emitting signals and it will take 40,000 years to reach the nearest star. . .Meaning even if it comes in contact with intelligent life out there, there is no way we will ever know and the distance between stars will make it impossible for us to ever come in contact with them if they exist. . .

And Hubble was designed to see whatever is visible to it out there, and that of course includes any aliens that may be lurking out there - or are they invisible?[/b][/color]

Hubble's mission does not include the search for alien life, pls read about Hubble and its mission. . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 5:05pm On Mar 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

Again there you go believing an assumption and holding on to it as if it has been tested. So you would rather believe an assumption which has not been tested than believe what has been tested and everyone can see.
You are so quick to believe a theory that has not been tested and that cannot even be tested but not willing to believe God despite many claiming to have a personal relationship with Him. That shows u are only being rebellious cos u wanna be.

Did you read the link I provided?. . . .Read it up and understand what they are talking about pls before making comments like the one you made above. . .Which testable evidence have you provided to show that your God exist and is real? I can give you a very simple test from the bible based on the promise that your God has given to all those that belive in him, we can try the promised based test and see if it till work whenever you are ready. . .So God is now into personal relationships with people, eh?. . .back in the days when men were primitive and superstitious God was fighting wars and battles with them, addressing them through public speech, sewing cloths for them etc now that men have increased their knowledge and better understand the world around them the same God has ran away. . .

2 Samuel 22:14-15 The LORD thundered from heaven, and the Most High uttered his voice. And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and routed them.

Why is it that your God only does these fantastic things in the pages of story books and not in reality?. . . Remember if the bible is true then we can test and see if the God written about is real, let me know if you are ready for the test and we do it once and for all. . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 8:29pm On Mar 02, 2012
mazaje:

Which testable evidence have you provided to show that your God exist and is real? I can give you a very simple test from the bible based on the promise that your God has given to all those that belive in him, we can try the promised based test and see if it till work whenever you are ready. . .So God is now into personal relationships with people, eh?. . .back in the days when men were primitive and superstitious God was fighting wars and battles with them, addressing them through public speech, sewing cloths for them etc now that men have increased their knowledge and better understand the world around them the same God has ran away. . .

2 Samuel 22:14-15 The LORD thundered from heaven, and the Most High uttered his voice. And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and routed them.

Why is it that your God only does these fantastic things in the pages of story books and not in reality?. . . Remember if the bible is true then we can test and see if the God written about is real, let me know if you are ready for the test and we do it once and for all. . .

[b]Hope u are not trying to compare God with aliens cos I'll be very disappointed. God is a spirit which is why He can never be seen by humans, aliens on the other hand are not spirits so there is no reason for us to believe they exist if we dont/cant see them. Aliens - if they exist - are made up of matter just like every other physical object in the universe, so must have been detected through radio-active waves if they were really out there. We've been able to detect light as far away as 14.5billion years which is considered to be the edge of the universe by space scientists, yet not even a sign of alien existence has been found.

And I dont understand why u are trying to bring in my God and the Bible into the argument, I believe the argument has nothing to do with these. However I must warn u that if you wanna talk about the Bible be sure to be badly floored cos u have absolutely no knowledge of what is in it. Everything you'v been saying about the Bible since are at best laughable and I intentionally ignored them cos this debate aint about the Bible.[/b]
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 8:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

I read the article and again I stand to tell u it's only an assumption which has not and can not be tested. You say Jupiter is more of a foe than a friend, now tell me how many asteroids has hit the earth in the past 10,000yrs and how many has hit Mars and Jupiter?
Jupiter either draws the asteroids to itself using it's powerful gravitational force or sling shots them far away from anywhere near us yet u claim Jupiter is more of a foe. Do u know how vast space is? When Jupiter sling shots the asteroids, the chances of earth being hit becomes extremely minimized due to the vast nature of space.
So bros, Jupiter is the best friend we've got in our solar system.

I trust u are aware earth is the only planet with electromagnetic wave which protects us from smaller asteroids (which is the reason for shooting stars) and violent rays emitted by the sun during solar flares. You might wanna ponder on this.

It seems you are not reading. . . .From the link I provided it says that Jupiter affects comets and asteroids in two different, competing ways. Its gravity helps pull comets into the inner solar system with much force, where they have a chance of hitting earth, but can also clear away earth-threatening comets by ejecting them from the solar system altogether, via a gravitational slingshot effect. . .It goes on to say that about 95% of the impacts on earth are due to asteroids, and that that a smaller planet in place of Jupiter may lead to fewer asteroid impacts. "Given that near-Earth asteroids dominate the impact rate, decreasing asteroid impacts might cause a decrease in the overall bombardment rate of the earth. . . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by dekung(m): 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2012
Ahaaa! Mazaje, what about the challenge now. It is important that a physical challenge be held so as to prove the existence of God(s) once and for all. All these argument no hold water. Lets replay MT. Carmel now. beg.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 9:06pm On Mar 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

Hope u are not trying to compare God with aliens cos I'll be very disappointed. God is a spirit which is why He can never be seen by humans, aliens on the other hand are not spirits so there is no reason for us to believe they exist if we dont/cant see them.

The funny thing is that you guys often define your God in such a way that they eliminate your own potential defeaters to the "no evidence" argument. In other words your definition of God is its own worst enemy.

For example:-

Christian: You won't expect to see evidence for God - He's invisible
Atheist : But he's supposed to be omnipotent  as such he can make himself visible since it was written that he once did it in the past. Besides many people claim they still see God.
Christian: Why should he make himself visible just for you? God is spirit and can not make himself visible.
Atheist : Because he's supposed to love me and want a personal relationship with me. Beside it is written in story books that he once addressed all his chosen men through public speech, he can still do that now, no?
Christian: God doesn't work that way. . .

You see its a useless exercise. . .

Aliens - if they exist - are made up of matter just like every other physical object in the universe, so must have been detected through radio-active waves if they were really out there. We've been able to detect light as far away as 14.5billion years which is considered to be the edge of the universe by space scientists, yet not even a sign of alien existence has been found.

We do not presently have the machines and equipment to detect extraterritorial life out there in the universe. . .Stop claiming we do. . .No serious attempt has been made as of now to find alien life out in the universe. . .So your assertion is very false. . .Again if you know about Hubble and its mission you won't be repeating this drivel. . .  

And I dont understand why u are trying to bring in my God and the Bible into the argument, I believe the argument has nothing to do with these. However I must warn u that if you wanna talk about the Bible be sure to be badly floored cos u have absolutely no knowledge of what is in it. Everything you'v been saying about the Bible since are at best laughable and I intentionally ignored them cos this debate aint about the Bible.

Show me what I have written about the bible that is not true. . . .By the way are you ready to take the test or not?
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2012
dekung:

Ahaaa! Mazaje, what about the challenge now. It is important that a physical challenge be held so as to prove the existence of God(s) once and for all. All these argument no hold water. Lets replay MT. Carmel now. beg.

In the story it was written that Elijah was able to challenge the prophets of Baal to a test, I await when he will come and take the test as promised him in the bible. . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Jenwitemi(m): 10:08pm On Mar 02, 2012
But you also believe in a God, don't you? What's the difference? Have you ever seen "him"? Your God is most probably some alien as well because most religions started as alien encounters. You are no different from me, brethren. So what is so strange about it to you?
FXKing2012:

My dear, why do u choose to believe in aliens which u have never seen and no man has ever seen, not even a sign that they exist. Doesnt that sound strange to you?
You say aliens are out there watching us and patiently waiting for us to grow up (lol). You claim they are neither interested in conquering us or even having any mutually beneficial relationship with us. Seriously that sounds like someone who wanna be a rebel just for the fun of it.

Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 10:21pm On Mar 02, 2012
Jenwitemi:

But you also believe in a God, don't you? What's the difference? Have you ever seen "him"? Your God is most probably some alien as well because most religions started as alien encounters. You are no different from me, brethren. So what is so strange about it to you?

I've never seen Him but we have people who have and still hear from Him, we have people who commune with Him, I pray to Him and He answers me. I dont need to see Him dear.
But as for aliens, they've never been seen despite the fact that they are made up of matter (if they actually exist), nobody has ever heard from an alien and no one communes wt an alien.
Now my dear, pls where are the similarities?
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 10:26pm On Mar 02, 2012
mazaje:

He claims radio active waves can be used to detect alien life in other pars of the universe, where he got that from I don't know. . .

So u dont know scientists use radio wave to eavesdrop on space? It's used to detect any form of artificial activity in space and due to its speed it's very reliable. You dont seem to know so much about this concept u believe so much in.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by dekung(m): 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2012
Bros how far with mazaje's challenge naaa? The thing still dey hot like indomie oooo. Lets get this thing over with. Don't hide behind another post. Address mazaje's challenge. Stop being evasive
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 10:35pm On Mar 02, 2012
@mazaje, I'll be back for u cos I see u need proper schooling.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 10:45pm On Mar 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

So u dont know scientists use radio wave to eavesdrop on space? It's used to detect any form of artificial activity in space and due to its speed it's very reliable. You dont seem to know so much about this concept u believe so much in.

I know that[b] radio waves[/b] are used but i don't know where you got your[b] radio active waves[/b] (that was what you wrote) hypothesis from. . . .

The second use of radio telescopes is SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence). This project sounds like some sci-fi fiction but it's a real project with growing scientific backing. It's goal is to detect and collect (i.e. record) radio waves to look for patterns that don't occur in nature. If we found a signal with such a pattern, then it would be "proof" that there was intelligent life out there. That life would likely be long dead but it would be quite extraordinary to know that there was once something/someone else out there.

http://www.seti.org/
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 10:46pm On Mar 02, 2012
mazaje:

It seems you are not reading. . . .From the link I provided it says that Jupiter affects comets and asteroids in two different, competing ways. Its gravity helps pull comets into the inner solar system with much force, where they have a chance of hitting earth, but can also clear away earth-threatening comets by ejecting them from the solar system altogether, via a gravitational slingshot effect. . .It goes on to say that about 95% of the impacts on earth are due to asteroids, and that that a smaller planet in place of Jupiter may lead to fewer asteroid impacts. "Given that near-Earth asteroids dominate the impact rate, decreasing asteroid impacts might cause a decrease in the overall bombardment rate of the earth. . . .

You blow my mind! Why do u keep holding on so tight to a theory that has not, can not and will never be tested/proven? Or is it becos they are white scientists? These are mere assumptions, dont u get it?
It's just like saying having more oxygen in the atmosphere will increase average lifespan. C'mmon man, drop it!
What has been tested and proven is that Jupiter protects us and the planets that are behind Jupiter get pounded by asteroids every now and then.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 10:50pm On Mar 02, 2012
mazaje:

I know that[b] radio waves[/b] are used but i don't know where you got your[b] radio active waves[/b] (that was what you wrote) hypothesis from. . . .

Why are u dwelling on trivialities? Dont u know there is a thing called radio active wave? Even though I meant to type radio wave, but I was thinking of many things at the same time cos I'm being bombarded by questions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship / If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You / Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.