Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:43 PM

British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) (15581 Views)

British Mum Leaves Baby To Die During Sex Romp With A Nigerian(PIC) / I'm Seriously Considering Cheating On My Husband / Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by coogar: 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2012
cap28:

coogar - thanks for posting your sister's pic up there but sorry -not interested - i only date attractive babes.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

cap28, why deny your pent-up frustration?
this same twit argued there are no successful black actors/actresses in hollywood few months back.
you are a flaming racist!
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by Skywalker5(m): 2:51pm On Mar 07, 2012
cap28:

isnt it funny how every single nigerian on this forum has "a very good job" - the amazing thing is i never come across any nigerian faces whenever i go into offices in central london (unless you want to include the doormen or the people on reception)

NL - THE PLACE WHERE  YOU CAN MAKE ALL YOUR FANTASIES COME TRUE.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thats your problem. You think every Nigerian stays in London.I dont, I stay in the southeast but Wait a minute. what did you say " i never come across any nigerian faces whenever i go into offices in central london". Come on, are you for real? which offices have you been going to? You sound funny to me. I have gone for lot of interview before i got my job and i have seen Nigerians in thier office working as IT or project Managers and that is london. You need to change the people you move with. Seriously, you have been fed wrong information and you have been going to the wrong places. Listen dude, you dont work as a professional. thats the truth for you having such a dirty mindset like this and if you do (which i doubt), you probably think you are the only Nigerian with official job
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by coogar: 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
Sky-walker:

Thats your problem. You think every Nigerian stays in London.I dont, I stay in the southeast but Wait a minute. what did you say " i never come across any nigerian faces whenever i go into offices in central london". Come on, are you for real? which offices have you been going to? You sound funny to me. I have gone for lot of interview before i got my job and i have seen Nigerians in thier office working as IT or project Managers and that is london. You need to change the people you move with. Seriously, you have been fed wrong information and you have been going to the wrong places.

cap28 has a peculiar problem.
you can easily tell the people that hosted him when his boat arrived from africa did menial jobs for a living.
he was then brainwashed by them that they are not doing good jobs because they were discriminated against.

he moves with the wrong people. . . . .i know over 30 nigerian project managers in london area alone. most of them arrived in this country few moons ago -
they are all doing well with fat wages - none of them has ever complained about discrimination before. . . . .
someone needs to advise cap28 to get a new orientation. the current one has failed him and would continue to fail him.

1 Like

Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by cap28: 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2012
Sky-walker:

There no point in me arguing with you or stuff. From your words, you sound very frustrated. I wont argue with you other than if you think IT is easy, Get a job in IT and see for your self. With Cisco,Microsoft servers Citrix Vmware Juniper networks  I get paid well enough for me to live a very comfortable life here and my salary is going to be reviewed yearly so i cant complain.i get sent to seminars and i attend trainings. The fact that you hate a whole race just because you encountered a few people who treated you badly is ridiculous. If that was it, i would never have gotten this job because everyone who think like you will think as a  Nigerian,i would want to steal data. As the admin, i handle all private stuff.Never been disrespected at my work place. You sound very frustrated man. and you need help. Dont blame a whole race just because you been treated badly.

what for?

I love what i do - besides IT is a very tenuous area to be working in during an economic decline - the big corporations are outsourcing everthing to china and india because its cheaper for them to employ wage slaves to do exactly what you are doing.

My profession on the other hand can not be outsourced to china, indonesia or india because it would be highly impractical and not cost effective.

For someone who claims to be an "analyst" your analytical skills leave much to be desired.

I do not hate anyone - i just say things as i see them - would you prefer me to be like you and the vast majority of nigerians who prefer to live on cloud cuckoo land?

You need a reality check as  you still haven't grasped one simple fact about life - that there is no such thing as a free lunch - you are there doing bog standard IT work acting like you've just invented the cure for cancer when the reality is that you are basically being used as cheap labour - if you think im lying why dont you shop around and find out what a white english guy doing your job or a similar job  earns - as they say the truth will set you free.
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by martinosi: 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nigerians and their BS Sometimes, is totally amazing,  CAP28 has said it all,
all of you trying to defend your exposed "rear-end" should just shut-up,

The summary of the matter is that if you work for an employee here in the
UK you are expendable ie u CAN be fired/retired/re-deployed for any funny
reason, cant keep count of all the lame excuses,

IF U DONT OWN THE COMPANY U WORK FOR U CANT REALLY DEFEND ANY JOB SECURITY DEBATE!!!

2 Likes

Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by coogar: 3:05pm On Mar 07, 2012
martinosi:

UK you are expendable ie u got be fired/retired/re-deployed for any funny

IF U DONT OWN THE COMPANY U WORK FOR U CANT REALLY DEFEND ANY JOB SECURITY DEBATE!!!

and you are not expendable in nigeria? who's more likely to keep his job? a nigerian working here or a nigerian working in nigeria?
you must be a dunderhead!

cap28:

I love what i do - besides IT is a very tenuous area to be working in during an economic decline - the big corporations are outsourcing everthing to china and india because its cheaper for them to employ wage slaves to do exactly what you are doing.

what's your profession? voodoo? grin
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by Skywalker5(m): 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2012
cap28:

I do not hate anyone - i just say things as i see them - would you prefer me to be like you and the vast majority of nigerians who prefer to live on cloud cuckoo land?

This topic was about you hating on the poster saying she should not be helped because she is white. That being delusional. If you hate them, get the hell out of UK

cap28:

You need a reality check as  you still haven't grasped one simple fact about life - that there is no such thing as a free lunch - you are there doing bog standard IT work acting like you've just invented the cure for cancer when the reality is that you are basically being used as cheap labour - if you think im lying why dont you shop around and find out what a white english guy doing your job or a similar job  earns - as they say the truth will set you free.

Say what you want. There are lot of IT jobs in the uk. If i leave my current place, the knowledge and experience is enough for me to work anywhere. Do you know what Outsourcing means? and who ever said anything about free lunch? i knew from the days i came here that there is no free lunch lunch. You got to work hard. If you actually worked in Nigeria before, you much be one of those who are lazy who just go to work and not productive at all. so you think you can do the same here in uk. Get a life bro. i managed computer networks and there will always be one IT guy in every company no matter how outsourced it would be. My job is never a threat to me. i get a very good wage for my experience and i told you it gonna go up every year. For God sake this is not Nigeria where you will be trapped on one Job.  You can always move in IT and your pay gets bigger all the time.

The truth is you are just a player hater. You started from hating the poster to hating your own Nigerian people just because we told you the truth about you hating on White people.
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by martinosi: 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2012
coogar:

and you are not expendable in nigeria?
you must be a dunderhead!

SAME BS Different Toilet

what's your profession? voodoo? grin

U are an airhead,
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by Skywalker5(m): 3:08pm On Mar 07, 2012
martinosi:

UK you are expendable ie[b] u CAN be fired/retired/re-deployed for any funny
[/b]

Explain the reason banks in Nigeria are sacking staffs? this is a general thing and this has got nothing to do with being a foreigner. why are people thinking this way?
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by martinosi: 3:10pm On Mar 07, 2012
Sky-walker:

This topic was about you hating on the poster saying she should not be helped because she is white. That being delusional. If you hate them, get the hell out of UK

Say what you want. There are lot of IT jobs in the uk. If i leave my current place, the knowledge and experience is enough for me to work anywhere. Do you know what Outsourcing means? and who ever said anything about free lunch? i knew from the days i came here that there is no free lunch lunch. You got to work hard. If you actually worked in Nigeria before, you much be one of those who are lazy who just go to work and not productive at all. so you think you can do the same here in uk. Get a life bro. i managed computer networks and there will always be one IT guy in every company no matter how outsourced it would be. My job is never a threat to me. i get a very good wage for my experience and i told you it gonna go up every year. For God sake this is not Nigeria where you will be trapped on one Job.  You can always move in IT and your pay gets bigger all the time.

The truth is you are just a player hater. You started from hating the poster to hating your own Nigerian people just because we told you the truth about you hating on White people.

stop being soo gullible,

White People dont need ur help, and if they need u they aiight gonna ask your
help on a  Nigerian Forum, they can go to their  consulate for that or even oyibosonline for that,
stop being so gullible,
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by coogar: 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2012
martinosi:

stop being soo gullible,

help on a  Nigerian Forum, they can go to their  consulate for that or even oyibosonline for that,
stop being so gullible,

the poster came here because her husband is nigerian. . . .
the information she would get here would exceed what her consulate would tell her - it's called seeking a second opinion.
martinosi, have you traded your intelligence with a plate of porridge?
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by Skywalker5(m): 3:16pm On Mar 07, 2012
martinosi:

stop being soo gullible,

stop being so gullible,

Gullible? what has that got to do with anything? You talking something different. If the poster is fake,that her business. the question i am asking cap is why must he hate people because of the color of thier skin? and he has explain his trails and tribulations in the UK and he think everybody has the same problem
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by coogar: 3:16pm On Mar 07, 2012
Sky-walker:

Gullible? what has that got to do with anything? You talking something different. If the poster is fake,that her business. the question i am asking cap is why must he hate people because of the color of thier skin?

he's a member of the bnp. grin
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by cap28: 3:16pm On Mar 07, 2012
martinosi:

Nigerians and their BS Sometimes, is totally amazing,  CAP28 has said it all,

UK you are expendable ie u CAN be fired/retired/re-deployed for any funny

Bros - total BS.

These id.iots actually think they are indispensable - they dont realise that they are basically just being used to reduce overheads.  

This whole thing of employing blacks as cheap labour did not start today, this is why in america, black workers were referred to as union busters because during strikes, employers would bus in black workers to take up jobs previously being done by white strikers - the black workers were used as a weapon to break up or weaken strikes.
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by Skywalker5(m): 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
cap28:

Bros - total BS.

These id.iots actually think they are indispensable - they dont realise that they are basically just being used to reduce overheads.  

This whole thing of employing blacks as cheap labour did not start today, this is why in america, black workers were referred to as union busters because during strikes, employers would bus in black workers to take up jobs previously being done by white strikers - the black workers were used as a weapon to break up or weaken strikes.

who do you work for in the uk? Nigerian? or you just a scrounger since its obvious you will never work for a white man's company
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by martinosi: 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
Sky-walker:

Explain the reason banks in Nigeria are sacking staffs? this is a general thing and this has got nothing to do with being a foreigner. why are people thinking this way?

Banks in Nigeria are sacking People and down-sizing due to various reasons that are
mostly being engineered from outside Nigeria, ie

1 - Pressure from IMF/WORLD Bank advisers

2 - Increased Foreign ownership (Chinese, Middles Eastern, European/USA) are telling
senior management to scale down for the "Inevitable"

3 - Tax issues , and also the Pressure of Govt/CBN to meet the interest payments of foreign creditors
(someone has to bite the bullet)

I can give you more, but i leave u to research these points ,

Oh by the way i believe u have heard that the WORLD BANK wants to establish an Office at ASO-ROCK embarassed

When will Nigerians wake up!!!
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by coogar: 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
cap28:

Bros - total BS.

i earn the same wages as my white counterparts in my level.
if you were employed to reduce overheads, then say so. stop lumping your misery on everyone else.
try a different career for a change. you are never going to be respected cleaning toilets @ holborn!
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by Skywalker5(m): 3:23pm On Mar 07, 2012
martinosi:

Banks in Nigeria are sacking People and down-sizing due to various reasons that are
mostly being engineered from outside Nigeria, ie

1 - Pressure from IMF/WORLD Bank advisers

2 - Increased Foreign ownership (Chinese, Middles Eastern, European/USA) are telling
senior management to scale down for the "Inevitable"

3 - Tax issues , and also the Pressure of Govt/CBN to meet the interest payments of foreign creditors
(someone has to bite the bullet)

I can give you more, but i leave u to research these points ,

Oh by the way i believe u have heard that the WORLD BANK wants to establish an Office at ASO-ROCK embarassed

When will Nigerians wake up!!!

So how is that different to staffs losing jobs in the UK?
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by martinosi: 3:24pm On Mar 07, 2012
Sky-walker:

who do you work for in the uk? Nigerian? or you just a scrounger

Look Dude, i think we are way past Smoke & mirrors, i just speak the plain facts & truth as i see them now,

The real problem Nigeria has right now is this "Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala  a.k.a All round Minister of the Nigerian Economy Lady
we have running wild in the GEJ Cabinet doing the bidding of her IMF/World bank Masters!!!

NIGERIAN BEHOLD UR PROBLEM BELOW ie Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala a.k.a IMF/WORLD BANK AGENT!!!

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Okonjo-Iweala,_Ngozi_(2008_portrait).jpg/220px-Okonjo-Iweala,_Ngozi_(2008_portrait).jpg[/img]
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by coogar: 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2012
martinosi:

Look Dude, i think we are way past Smoke & mirrors, i just speak the plain facts & truth as i see them now,

The real problem Nigeria has right now is this "Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala  a.k.a All round Minister of the Nigerian Economy Lady
we have running wild in the GEJ Cabinet doing the bidding of her IMF/World bank Masters!!!

NIGERIAN BEHOLD UR PROBLEM BELOW ie Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala a.k.a IMF/WORLD BANK AGENT!!!

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Okonjo-Iweala,_Ngozi_(2008_portrait).jpg/220px-Okonjo-Iweala,_Ngozi_(2008_portrait).jpg[/img]

i am not even sure you have a grasp of what this thread is about, martinosi
go to politics section to air out your frustrations. . . .this is about a british woman relocating to nigeria and trying to find out what staying in nigeria is like.
she's got nothing to do with world bank or imf.
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by Skywalker5(m): 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2012
martinosi:

I've got no problems with you. Me and you are Nigerians and no one can take that away. The truth is its not fair to judge people on the color of thier skin as i would not like it if people do that to me. That was why i responded to this thread as Cap was doing initially
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by martinosi: 3:37pm On Mar 07, 2012
Sky-walker:

So how is that different to staffs losing jobs in the UK?

Everyone in the UK in the Private/Public sector that has a so-called Permanent Job has to sign
a Contractual agreement that comes under review on a 2-3 years basis.

This is just standard practice now, but its just a part of the shake up to keep people
on "egg-shells" so that they dont feel comfortable in their position and will work like
serfs to maintain their spot,

To be really sincere about the fact, Nigerians working in the Nigerian Banking sector should not
be losing their jobs as the economy is expanding and more bankers are needed for consultation
and advise,
, but i see a deadly trend happening in Nigeria where Local & Foreign firms are backing up
their core In house services abroad (payroll, strategy, planning etc) and also giving some work
to these NGO's (Missionaries of Economic Death & Misery),

The amount of companies in Nigeria that are secretly out-sourcing work which can be done
by Nigerians locally to London, New-york and even to South African cities is deplorable,

You have to connect the global dots to see what is really happenning,

SUMMARY - I SEE NO REASON WHY NIGERIAN BANKS R SACKING WORKERS,

I will compile a research with videos and source documents and post form you to see the proof of what
i am saying,
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by martinosi: 3:43pm On Mar 07, 2012
Sky-walker:

I've got no problems with you. Me and you are Nigerians and no one can take that away. The truth is its not fair to judge people on the color of thier skin as i would not like it if people do that to me. That was why i responded to this thread as Cap was doing initially

My brother Sky-walker we know that Black Africans dont like to be judged by their skin colour but this
is the reality of the world we live in "whites see colour/race first" before any other thing like intelligence etc.

Its just the reality of the world we live in, as i said before, white know where to get advise on
issues regarding africa and unfortunately its not from us or me no matter how intelligent we are,

AFRICA RESOURCES IZ THE PRIZE AND SOME PEOPLE R HELL-BENT ON CONTROLLING IT EVEN IF
THEY HAVE TO SPILL BLOOD, BUT THE CHESS-BOARD IS TURNING, THINGS CANNOT ALWAYS
REMAIN IN THE US/EURO/WEST FARVOUR, JUST A FACT OF HISTORY,

LIFE IS WAR - JUST FACE IT,
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by cap28: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2012
Sky-walker:

why should i get the hell out of a country in which i make my livelihood, i am here for the same reason that the poster is attempting to go to nigeria - to make money and improve my life.

If you werent so ignorant you would understand that many of us left nigeria to come here because the govts of britain and america have destroyed the economies of our countries.

As martinosi pointed out - the world bank are now officially running our govt, they have actually moved into Aso Rock - it doeesnt get any more blatant than that.

You can think what you like about your job prospects in the UK but the reality is that we are now in an economic decline and as unemployment continues to rise, nationalism and xenophobia will also begin to rise, no english person will tolerate you being in a job when he is out of a job. You are not indispensable - you are highly expendable - if everyone else's pay check is being frozen due to the recession why would you be an exception?  you are not a brain surgeon you are a bog standard IT guy - guys like you are a dime a dozen.
wake up and stop being a jerk.
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by martinosi: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2012
coogar:

i am not even sure you have a grasp of what this thread is about, martinosi
go to politics section to air out your frustrations. . . .this is about a british woman relocating to nigeria and trying to find out what staying in nigeria is like.
she's got nothing to do with world bank or imf.

I grasp the post very well, the amy lady is a fake & fraud, stop being gullible,
Amy if she is real we go to the British Consulate on Nigeria in London to find out what she needs
to know about living in nigeria,

Just dont be gullible,
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by martinosi: 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
cap28:

why should i get the hell out of a country in which i make my livelihood, i am here for the same reason that the poster is attempting to go to nigeria - to make money and improve my life.

If you werent so ignorant you would understand that many of us left nigeria to come here because the govts of britain and america have destroyed the economies of our countries.

As martinosi pointed out - the world bank are now officially running our govt, they have actually moved into Aso Rock - it doeesnt get any more blatant than that.

You can think what you like about your job prospects in the UK but the reality is that we are now in an economic decline and as unemployment continues to rise, nationalism and xenophobia will also begin to rise, no english person will tolerate you being in a job when he is out of a job. You are not indispensable - you are highly expendable - if everyone else's pay check is being frozen due to the recession why would you be an exception?  you are not a brain surgeon you are a bog standard IT guy - guys like you are a dime a dozen.

See bold, What kind of Country does one live in like Nigeria when u dont know what is going on
and a common middle level white bank staff who works @ an office at St Paul's Station London know
more about the state of your countries Govt than Nigerians who live there.

CAP28, i tire sometimes for my people but i have to keep the faith,
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by coogar: 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
martinosi:

I grasp the post very well, the amy lady is a fake & fraud, stop being gullible,
Amy if she is real we go to the British Consulate on Nigeria in London to find out what she needs
to know about living in nigeria,

Just dont be gullible,

fake and fraud?
i mean you can sit behind your dusty desktop and detect who is fake and fraudulent?
i can see cap28 isn't the only one with voodooism as his profession - he has got colleagues. grin
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by Skywalker5(m): 3:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
cap28:

You did not answer my first question. who do you work for? Nigerian or who? since you hate them this much

the truth is you can blame thier govt. its them who do all this things and thier media. People like the poster has nothing to do with it. If she was racist, would be have married a Nigerian and sty this long. Trust me benefit and child support is enough for her to keep going.  You dont have to hate on people like that. You keep saying my job this and my job that. How many people in UK are going to school. I am developing myself and no one can take the knowledge away from me. IT is needed in every company and i will always get a job since i am in the system. You say i am expenable. Yes i am but my knowledge is not and that whats will always give me an edge. i still study to learn new tech things and it making me a better IT guy.
If you are here to improve your life, why hate on the locals who have no idea on whats going on.
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by Skywalker5(m): 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2012
Beside. Stop shifting blame on foreigners . If Nigerian govt was't that gullible, why would they move into ASO Rock. is it not bribery? Did you not read about the hali-burton scandal?Who were the people on the receiving end? was it foreigners?. Ask you bankers friend to check how much company directors or politicians are having in saving accounts only. Your silly govt take money out of Nigeria and buy houses in uk and the money never returns back to Nigeria. Who is to blame? Foreigners? Nobody ever take responsibility for problems. always blaming others
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by cap28: 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
Sky-walker:

You did not answer my first question. who do you work for? Nigerian or who? since you hate them this much

the truth is you can blame thier govt. its them who do all this things and thier media. People like the poster has nothing to do with it. If she was racist, would be have married a Nigerian and sty this long. Trust me benefit and child support is enough for her to keep going.  You dont have to hate on people like that. You keep saying my job this and my job that. How many people in UK are going to school. I am developing myself and no one can take the knowledge away from me. IT is needed in every company and i will always get a job since i am in the system. You say i am expenable. Yes i am but my knowledge is not and that whats will always give me an edge. i still study to learn new tech things and it making me a better IT guy.
If you are here to improve your life, why hate on the locals who have no idea on whats going on.

why are you so interested in knowing who i work for? the issue is not about who i work for but about the hypocrisy of white british people - they smile in your face but stab you in your back as soon as you are out of earshot.  The funny thing is people like you are none the wiser. by the way many expatriates in nigeria are out and out racists but this hasnt stopped them from working in nigeria, many of them even date nigerian women but still harbour very low opinions about black people in general.

you keep making excuses for them as if they are totally ignorant of what goes on around the world , many of them have access to information and they do know what is going on but choose to ignore the injustices because they are benefitting from it.  Do you think the white guy in your office doeesnt know that the only reason you were hired is becasue you are cheaper than a fellow white person?  They are fully aware but they would rather hire you and make you do a job meant for two people on a fraction of the salary they would have had to pay a white person who would never work as hard as you do.

by the way many english people from working class backgrounds dont need to go to school to get the kind of job that most black people get in this country - fact.

1 Like

Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by coogar: 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2012
cap28:

why are you so interested in knowing who i work for? the issue is not about who i work for but about the hypocrisy of white british people - they smile in your face but stab you in your back as soon as you are out of earshot.  The funny thing is people like you are none the wiser. by the way many expatriates in nigeria are out and out racists but this hasnt stopped them from working in nigeria, many of them even date nigerian women but still harbour very low opinions about black people in general.

your nigerian folks do worse than that. unless you have the brain capacity of a slug, this shouldn't matter to you.
nigerians laugh in your face and stab you in the back in copious proportions. worse than anything i have seen in white people.
if your people are actually worse than what the white people do - then what are you complaining about?

you keep making excuses for them as if they are totally ignorant of what goes on around the world , many of them have access to information and they do know what is going on but choose to ignore the injustices because they are benefitting from it.  Do you think the white guy in your office doeesnt know that the only reason you were hired is becasue you are cheaper than a fellow white person?  They are fully aware but they would rather hire you and make you do a job meant for two people on a fraction of the salary they would have had to pay a white person who would never work as hard as you do.

idiotic. . . .
the white folk in my office know i was hired because i am equally qualified as they are. some of them marvel at the intelligence of nigerians and what it would have been for us if our government did not mismanage the country. they do not discriminate against me - i am always missed whenever i decide skipping our usual hang-out pub to unwind. there's a mutual respect!

by the way many english people from working class backgrounds dont need to go to school to get the kind of job that most black people get in this country - fact.

because most black people like yourself are cleaners, doormen, bouncers and traffic wardens.
little or no training is required to get those kind of jobs. . . . . .try a project engineer or a chartered engineer and tell me an english dude from a working class background would not need school to attain that height.

like i keep reiterating, you are ignorant!
Re: British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) by Skywalker5(m): 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2012
cap28:

Listen Man, you need help. You blame everyone for your problems? My job role involves a graduate. 95% of staffs in my company are graduates.That was the prerequisite. My pay is very good.I dont know where you get your idea of slave pay. I told you i am an administrator here not some support guy.Think how you want. i already told you, you need to change who your roll with and who you relate with. Its obvious the type of job you doing because you are frustrated that you not getting the respect you want. Must you take it out on innocent people?
FYI i love the job i do because i am treated with respect unlike some places in Nigeria where Mangers and MD talk down at staffs. You need to look it up on Nairaland how some people in Nigerian complain on how managers shouts and disrespect them and thats meant to be a professional environment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A nairalander has gone too soon. Bece / Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.